The Tangled Series is fast becoming a comedy romance favorite amongst our crew! I LOVED book #1, and I laughed and cringed (with delight) at Drew’s dirty mouth and dirty man-thoughts (check out my review). And now we have even more to enjoy (and more to come!). YAY US!
April: Tangled! I’d never laugh so hard while I’m reading ..Drew is killing me..lol When feeling sad, read Tangled and Drew will lighten up someone’s day!
Georgia: Couldn’t agree more!! Emma Chase is brilliant!! I loved Tangled and Holy Frigging Matrimony and can’t wait for the others to be released!!!
Michelle: Holy Frigging Matrimony is frigging hilarious! Drew’s head makes so much sense from his POV, but then the real world steps in and nothing turns out quite like he plans or means for it.
Julie: Just finished Twisted by Emma Chase and loved it as much as Tangled. I absolutely love her writing and she is hilarious. Don’t know where she comes up with some of that stuff. Her take on what men think and say is so spot on.
Michelle: Just finished Twisted and it’s so f***ing good! I wasn’t sure if I was going to like that it was told from Kate’s POV because I so loved Drew’s POV in Tangled. But I love Kate even more now and think Emma Chase is brilliant. Laugh out loud moments, throw the Kindle on the floor moments (almost), sniffly crying moments, and of course super-sexy-hot-steamy moments. This book has it all. LOVED IT!
I couldn’t help but crush on him. I just… connect to a hero who’s a real guy, you know? And I swear I actually know a few real guys, JUST like him. I roll my eyes at the real ones, but still giggle internally. Okay maybe I roll my eyes AND giggle out loud, too. Ahhhh, you know they were pushing for that reaction, and I can’t help myself.
Lucky us, we get a little more info today. ‘Cause the author (Emma Chase) has sent us some fun tidbits and an inside look at the series!
Ready for a “few fun facts” about the Tangled series?
A Few Fun Facts About the Tangled Series
1. Tangled has been read and thoroughly enjoyed by many men – who had never read a romance novel before! I’ve received numerous emails from guys who thought Drew’s voice and narration were hilarious.
2. Tangled’s title was inspired by a song from the soundtrack of…Pretty Woman! (remember Drew’s Pretty Woman references? Matthew talks a bit more about that in Tamed).
3. Twisted was more than half-way written before Tangled was sent out for publishing consideration.
4. Tamed is a companion novel to Tangled – taking place during the same time period – from Matthew’s point of view. (We get to see all the antics Drew didn’t know about!)
5. Delores Warren’s name was almost changed during Tangled’s edits. But because it rhymed with “clitoris” it was kept as-is.
6. In an early version, a scene towards the end of Tied was actually the prologue.
On July 15, 2014 Tamed (The Tangled Book 3) was released! I can’t wait for readers to hear all about Matthew and Delores’ crazy love story!
*snort* —> Loved that part about Delores’s name (and the reason for it).