K.A. Linde is giving away an advanced readers copy of her upcoming book, “Following Me” (expected release date: June 21st 2013). Plus, she lets us in on a few “behind the books” facts.
“I knew you were running the first time I saw you…”
Devon didn’t have a game plan when she decided to leave St. Louis on a Chicago-bound train for the summer. Just a reason.
One she couldn’t share with anyone. Not Hadley, her best friend from college, who lets her stay in the guest bedroom; no questions asked. Or Brennan, the bartender at the local restaurant they frequent, who she actively tries to avoid. Or Garrett, Hadley’s boyfriend, who befriends her when she has no one else to turn to.
“I just didn’t know what you were running from….”
Desperate to hide at all costs, Devon plunges into her new life in the city. Everyone around her starts to reveal sides of themselves Devon never expected. And just when she starts to get comfortable, her world flips upside down…
“…but I think all along you were running toward me.”
All with secrets that just keep following them.
Oooooh… I wonder who says that? Sounds so good! Now… let’s see what secrets she reveals…
Five Fun Facts for Following Me (say that 5 times fast) <— haha! K.A. Linde said that part.
1. I came up with the idea for Following Me in Chicago a year ago when I was with my boyfriend at a conference. We were walking around and I said what if a girl ran away and went to live with her best friend in that building?” I pointed at the giant Marina City buildings on State St. Then, “I think I have a new story idea.” I didn’t write anything down and then a year later I wrote Following Me.
2. The original idea for the book only had 3 main characters, but once I started writing a fourth one, Brennan, wrote himself into the book. Now I couldn’t imagine it without him!
3. When I first started writing, only the main character had a secret or something following them , but the more I wrote the more each character started developing in front of me. Until inevitably I ended up weaving in the secrets and stories of all 4 main characters lives. The mysteries of the characters unravel as the story is told until everything spills out. I thought it was a fun way to write it!
4. The big scene that reveals Hadley’s secret in the book, which I won’t say because I don’t want to ruin anything, I actually witnessed while in Chicago 3 years. I’ve always thought it was kind of an experience you would have had to have lived to believe it really happens. Since the I’ve always kind of wanted to write it into a story.
5. One of the first comments I got back from one of my beta readers was, “Bitches are going to be fighting over their next book boyfriend.” I took that as a good sign.
LOL!!!! Ahhhh yes, the “claiming of the book boyfriend”. I love when I’m in the fray. And I can’t wait to read that thing she witnessed. “Lived it to believe it really happens…” Whoa. That sounds deep.
Now for the giveaway!!!
How to enter for a chance to win a “Following Me” ebook? Just leave a comment below, and tomorrow (Tuesday, June 4th, 2013) by 11pm EST, I will randomly select one winner.
The winner will be contacted and will have 48hrs to respond confirming that their email address works, so if you are picked, do not delay or you will lose your chance. This is a open to anyone that can receive an e-book!