It’s Saturday and you know what that means! It’s time for the latest Reader Favorite’s List, and Cheryl is up next! Looking over her list, I see a lot of my own favorites, but there are plenty of “new-to-mes” on here, too! YAY ME!! YAY US!!!
Cheryl’s been with us since 2012!!! And she’s got 60 pages worth of comments from her alone, on the blog! LOL!!! So you know she’s been one-of-us (and a little crazy, too!) for ages now. Let’s get to know her, shall we? A little blast from her comment past…
- She’s NOT a cliffhanger fan. LOL!! “A CH, well that decides it for me. Nope, not going to read it until it is complete…“
- She’s a team-player/dark-read chicken! Buddy-reading is favored. LOL! “…if you want to hold my hand, *cough* I mean buddy read Captive In the Dark I’m in…“
- She loves her flowers… fermented. *snort* ““Hibiscus vodka”…OMG going to liquor store tomorrow…that will be my new favorite summer drink!!!“
- She’s okay with somewhat open-ended endings: “I will say I think maybe for me it was good that not all my questions were answered so that in my mind I could think something ended a way that I liked. “
- She loves a good book-cry and and angsty romance! “Bring on the angsty list!! “
- She loves sports themed romance books! “I just can’t resist a sports theme story.“
- Here’s a little about “how” she reads: “When I’m reading I picture the H as described, but it’s a vague picture, if that makes sense. Hair color, build and good looking, but not an exact picture. I don’t picture myself as the h, but if it’s a good book I feel what’s she’s feeling.“
- She’s supportive! “WOW, this is great!! Bookmarked this page!! Thanks Maryse!” <— awwwww. <3
- She’s a child of the 80′s! “Omg, I remember all that from the 80′s. Big earrings, and even bigger hair…thanks to a lot of aqua net. How did I not know that about Adidas!! Guess I wasn’t one of the cool kids!!! “
When deciding on my favorites list, I choose books that stuck with me either because I can remember the characters, the events that happened, the overall “feel” that the book evoked in me, or were chosen after looking at the books I’ve read list and then recalling what I loved about the book. I can’t say Fifty Shades is on my favorites list, but it did get me started reading again, so it deserves an honorable mention. Also, I used to read a lot of Twilight Fan-fiction (hey it’s free) so I have to give a shout-out (aka Amy-style cheat) to my favorite FF stories that were published. Beautiful Bastard, Wallbanger, PUCKED and The Plan.
Looking at my list it’s easy to see that I am a sucker for a good rock-star or sports-theme story.
- Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens- Kellan Kyle, need I say more.
- Infinity Series Series by Layne Harper – favorite sports theme series.
- Outlander - Jamie is one of my favorite book boyfriends and Diana Gabaldon is the only author I have met in person. *bonus*
- The Fae Chronicles by Amelia Hutchins. Was a tie between this one and The Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning for favorite PNR series. Honestly I never would have read either of these, since I’m not a big PNR reader, if Maryse and my fellow readers had not recommended them.
- The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle. Favorite bad-boy rockstar.
- The Groupie Trilogy by Ginger Voight. ANGSTY rock-star story. No lie my stomach was in knots the entire trilogy.
- The Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred- sweet angst, second chance love story.
- The Opportunist/Love Me With Lies Series by Tarryn Fisher. Kill me with Angst!! HATED Leah. Ripped my heart out.
- Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher. I think I have PTSD from this book, I still remember how much of a mind-f*ck this book did to me.
- Archer’s Voice by Mia Sheridan. My sweet Archer- so beautifully broken.
- Black Lies by Alessandra Torre. What, what, wtf?!!
- The Year We Fell Down by Sarina Bowen. Loved reading a positive story about less than perfect characters, since my daughter has a physical disability.
- Tristan & Danika Series by R. K. Lilley. Chewed up my heart and twisted my gut.
- The Driven Series by K. Bromberg. Wanted to simultaneously hug and crotch punch Colton.
- That Boy Series by Jillian Dodd. Funniest, best books to listen to.
- After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid. Still gets me every time I think of the line, “I’ve met someone.”
- Bright Side by Kim Holden. I’m shocking myself by listing this book, because I hated it- probably my worst ugly cry, BUT it was so good.
- Experiment in Terror Series/The Artists Trilogy/Love, in English by Karina Halle. Just love this author.