This is a recent contribution by Dina, on an older list that I posted a few years ago, of the books that have “stayed with me” all of my reading life (and not just this most recent reading-frenzy books that I go crazy over now). These are the ones that “made” me a life-long reader.
You’re gonna see some oldies but goodies on these lists (today… and upcoming!!)
Maryse’s own personal note: Some sure-fire classics on this particular list (OMG the Thorn Birds BLEW MY MIND when I was… what? 7 or 8 years old?? Yes, I was allowed to watch that crazy drama on TV and was HOOKED and don’t even get me started on Flowers in the Attic. Again… another read that I read maybe wayyyyyy tooooooo young and maybe was a bit too much for a young teen, but that I devoured).
BUT!!!! You’ll find some recent ones, too.
Dina: It was so hard to limit it to ten because I have re-read many classics too!
- The Black Swan & Moss Rose by Day Taylor
- Love’s Tender Fury (The Marietta Danver Trilogy Book 1) & Dare to Love by Jennifer Wilde
- The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough
- Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- Flowers In The Attic (Dollanganger Book 1) Series by V.C. Andrews
- Outlander Series – Diana Gabaldon
- Bitten: A Novel (Otherworld Book 1) by Kelley Armstrong (made me fall in love with paranormal books)
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- The Sinners on Tour Boxed Set by Olivia Cunning (erotica – read after Fifty Shades which I loved but these I would read again too before Shades)