It is Saturday (Reader Favorites Day!!!) and it’s fabulous Fabi’s turn!!! Fabi’s been with us for… 106 pages worth of her comments alone!!! *squeeee!!* I decided that counts as “she’s been with us forever” (YAY FABI!!!! ) and I wasn’t gonna scroll back that many pages to find her first dated comment. LOL! And to give you an idea on how perfect she is for us… this is a little bit of “Fabi”:
“bahahabahaha *can’t breathe* bahahabahaha Bev!!! *holding stomach* *gasp* bahahaha Give me a minute..I’ll brb *snicker, snort*“
*snort* I’m giggling just reading that, and now I so need to backtrack in those comments to see what had her laughing so hard!! OMG I LOVE HER!!!! !!!!
Wanna know more about Fabi and and what has her, when it comes to books? She once told us:
Book triggers, hmmm, I can’t really pin it down. I know I’m partial to younger characters, especially if they’re fighting against a dystopian world and there’s a little romance thrown in. So when I read a blurb with those elements, its an automatic 1 click. But there are many others too.
Music, that’s another trigger for me. Give a character that plays guitar/sings and I’m likely to read the book. Same goes for soccer/football/basketball athlete characters. And dont even get me started on sci-fi. Ah, so many triggers. Probably why my reading is all over the place and I end up missing as many great books as I find.
Plus! She’s big on everything we love but also EXTREMELY well versed in all genres! From historical romances, classics and urban fantasies, to sci-fi, M/M romance, and dystopian. All sorts of great stuff! I think ANYONE that loves a a great story (love and all!) will relate to Fabi’s favorites!
And!! She gave us little tidbits of why each one is her favorite!!!
Seriously Maryse, this weekly blog post immediately became my favorite. Thanks so much. … Submitting my crazy list for your new Saturday blog posts. It’s in no particular order.
- Bad Things by Krylov, Varian <— MM, BDSM, the alpha of the alphas
- Surviving Raine: Surviving Raine Book 1 by Savage, Shay <— CR, the toughest alpha ever
- Hominids (Neanderthal Parallax Book 1) by Sawyer, Robert J. <— SF, parallel universe, most unique love story
- Beautiful Disaster: A Novel by McGuire, Jamie <— CR, NA, Travis McDreamy (sidenote from Maryse: *snort* Travis IS McDreamy… )
- City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments Book 1) by Clare, Cassandra <— YA, UF, scary good
- Daemon by Suarez, Daniel <— SF, techno thriller, what a crazy ride
- Atom Heart John Beloved by Hartwell, Luke <— MM, YA, coming of age, very unique
- Kulti by Zapata, Mariana <— CR, sports theme, dreams come true
- 1984 by Orwell, George <— Dystopian, was this really written that long ago?
- The Warded Man: Book One of The Demon Cycle (The Demon Cycle Series 1) by Brett, Peter V. <— Epic Fantasy, post-apocalyptic, demons, so original
- Uglies (The Uglies Book 1) by Westerfeld, Scott <— YA dystopian, gripping premise for teens and young adults
- Twilight (The Twilight Saga Book 1) by Meyer, Stephenie <— YA UF, Edward & Jacob – enough said
- Unwind (Unwind Dystology Book 1) by Shusterman, Neal <— YA dystopian, WTH?! This is a mind bender
- The Clan of the Cave Bear (with Bonus Content): Earth’s Children, Book One by Auel, Jean M. <— Epic fantasy, the dawn of Homosapiens with Neanderthals
- The Crystal Cave (The Arthurian Saga, Book 1) by Stewart, Mary <— YA mythological, Arthur, my favorite legend of all time
- Pygmalion by Shaw, George Bernard <— Classic lit, Eliza Doolittle, the first feisty heroine I ever met
- Lover At Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 11) by Ward, J.R. <— UF, BDB, Qhuinn and Blay, reread so many times!!!
- The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner, Book 1) by Dashner, James <— YA Dystopian, how do people think of these stories? WOW
- Roselynde (Roselynde Chronicles, Book One) by Gellis, Roberta <— Historical Romance, the one that truly brought me into the romance genre
- Red Rising (The Red Rising Trilogy, Book 1) by Brown, Pierce <— YA SF Dystopian, gripping, intense
- Maybe Someday by Hoover, Colleen <— CR, tied with BD for my favorite CR of all time
- The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy, Book 1) by Collins, Suzanne <— YA Dystopian, heartbreakingly tragic
- Ender’s Game (The Ender Quartet series Book 1) by Card, Orson Scott <— YA SF, Apocalypse, aliens, savior, absolute page turner
- Try (Temptation Series Book 1) by Frank, Ella <— MM, CR, a romance for the ages
Do you have a “Top Favorite Books” list? Don’t forget to send me yours!! I post one every Saturday (send it here: http://www.maryse.net/contact-me). You can make it just a list (top 10 or more) but if you want to include a tiny (or longer) tidbit next to each one about why you loved it, that would be awesome, too!