By the way, I’ve LOVED every single one and I think I 5-starred each one, too! You have some GREAT book taste, Lisa. My kind of book-buddy.
P.S. If you wanna see her absolute favorite books of all-time list, here it is!
P.P.S. If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the post, I also added her honorable mentions of the year (also all 5-stars from her)!
For THIS list, she says:
My biggest book fears:
- getting to 85% in a book and realizing ‘this is a damn cliff hanger’ or worse, it’s going to be unsatisfying wrapped up in one chapter with no bloody epilogue.
- getting half way into the story before realizing the heroine isn’t going to grow a back bone like you hoped and I’m stuck with a pathetic door mat!
- likewise, getting into a story to realize the hero is not a rude, stubborn but sexy alpha with a marshmallow heart….he’s just a rude, stubborn a@#hole with misogynistic tendencies!
- Cliff hangers…..
- That I will probably pass away from old age, surrounded by cats before I actually get to the bottom of my tbr list which grows every week.
My book cheers:
- this little community of completely addicted readers and like minded souls I’ve stumbled upon…Thanks Maryse & Co for making me smile every day.
- Readers favorites lists every Saturday…love it. It’s like snooping around in other peoples book shelves, which I totally do.
“Here are my top six books that I read in 2015 (OK, OK I couldn’t get it down to five!! Seriously it’s a miracle I could trim it down to this….it’s like choosing a favorite child…it just shouldn’t be done) . Here goes:”
1) My top tear-your-heart-out-and-stomp-
2) Before We Were Strangers - because it has resonated and stayed with me even though I was frustrated by the ‘communication issues’ and choosing career over love storyline ….it broke my heart just a little bit. I really love Renee Carlino’s characters and Matt and Grace are up there as two of her best.
3) Hollywood Dirt (closely seconded by Cocky Bastard). Perfect book for me, chemistry, smidgen of heart ache and a few good laughs. Loved Summer’s internal dialogue…she made Cole’s insufferable ‘Hollywood brat’ routine bearable. Best animal characters go to Cocky the rooster and Esmeralda the goat for stealing the show in both these books!
4) Louder Than Love by Jessica Topper. I always bang on about this book, but I just loved it so much and want everyone to read it. The heartache over the late husband had me sobbing in the first two chapters. And I just adored Adrian because he isn’t the perfect alpha hottie, he’s broken and washed up and so wrong it just has to work. A gentle heart break with this one and not like any other rock star romance I’ve ever read.
5) The Deal…every thing I love about this genre. I put this one in here to represent about six or so books that I couldn’t chose between….The Deal, The Mistake, Pucked, Pucked Up, The Friend Zone, The Hook Up and The Game Plan.
6) My PNR/UF book of the year has to go to Written In Red which I read in almost one sitting with a few hours sleep in between. Once I got into the Courtyard with the Crows I just couldn’t bring myself to leave. A great way to finish up the year I think.
“I have honestly read so many great books this year and so many have been recommended on this blog.”
And while I’m here… she also made us a list of a few more of her 5-stars this year, in the comments section for another post, so for the extras in this list that aren’t above, we’ll call these her honorable mentions…
“My 5 stars read this year….”
- RUSH, just beautiful.
- Fisher’s Light, just beautiful
- Spark. Made me cry.
- Blurred Lines, friends to lovers perfection
- The Mistake and The Deal
- The Hook Up, The Friend Zone & The Game Plan…loved them all.
- The Five Stages of Falling in Love in Love, sob fest.
- The Manwhore Series.