“2016 has been another great year with so many awesome books. But like previous years too many books and not enough time to read. 2016 was the year where I started reading m/m books. I was hooked from the first book (which was Cara McKenna) and have read several since. I LOVE these books and could really use an update to your list ”Recommended M/M Reads” Maryse
Otherwise I have to say that I’m not into paranormal or sci-fi or anything related to this genre., and I’m really not fond of cliffhangers.”
My top 10 in no particular order (except the first one)
1. Colleen Hoover is without a doubt at the top of my list . I was so lucky to meet her at a booksigning in September. Too Late and It Ends with Us: A Novel are both awesome and it is hard to decide which is my favorite. IEWU was so emotional but Too Late so different from her other books. It really took me by surprise and I loved the way it was published .
2. A Meredith Walters – Find You in the Dark and Light in the Shadows (Find You in the Dark Book 2). She is one of my all time favorite authors. She never disappoints and all her books have been 5* reads to me.
3. Keri Lake – Ricochet (A Vigilantes Novel). OMG did I bite my nails and hold my kindle so I literally left finger marks on the cover. So much angst that it caused a rise in my blood pressure during the book. But I loved it all the way.
4. Sarina Bowen/Elle Kennedy – Him. The ultimate M/M read. This story gave me everything I’m looking for in a M/M book – the friendship, Jamies struggle and Ryans guilt . Book 2 – Us (Him Book 2) – was a bit disappointing, but I guess no matter how it turned out it would be impossible to reach the hights of Him.
5. Lindy Zart – Unlit Star. This is definitely a book to the list “What to read after Me Before You”. The storyline is nothing like MBY, but the emotions you go through while reading are quite the same. I cried and cried but it was such a beautiful story.
6. Megan Erickson /Santino Hassell– Fast Connection (Cyberlove Book 2). Another awesome M/M read.
7. Sylvia Day – One with You: A Crossfire Novel (Crossfire Series Book 5). The conclusion to the series was all I hoped for. I was quite disappointed in book 4 and wasn’t sure whether I would read the last book in the series. But I did and I am so glad I did it.
8. Renee Carlino – Swear on This Life: A Novel. This book is shifting between past and present, and reading the “past” chapters I felt the storyline was quite similar to It Ends With Us, which is shifting between past and present as well. Starting a Renee Carlino book you have some high expectations and this one did not disappoint.
9. Melanie Walker – Never Me (TAT: A Rocker Romance Book 5). The conclusion to the TAT Rocker series. Saving the best for last and this was Noahs story. We had to wait a long time for this final book, but it was so worth the wait.
10. E.K. Blair – Author Anonymous. This was a hard one to read and I found it so difficult to let it go afterwards. I really felt her struggle and understood her indecisiveness, and I have to say that I hoped for a different ending.
11. Cara McKenna – Ruin Me
12. Bella Jewel – ‘Til Death – Boxed Set (book one and two)
13. Cherrie Lynn – Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
14. M. Mabie – Bait (The Wake Series Book 1)
15. Karina Halle – Heat Wave
“I know I am cheating with the last 5 books, but I couldn’t help it”
Check out MORE of Pia’s favorites: