It’s time for another countdown to 2016 post, and Pia has sent us HER 2015 favorites!! Pia likes the same fun, steamy. angsty, and heart-hurty, stuff that we do! In fact, I’ve found some of my absolute favorites in her list… and there are a few new-to-mes in here, too!
Wanna know a little more about Pia?
- She’s been with us (at least publicly – LOL!!) since 2014!!!
- She lives in Denmark and tells us about the book prices there:
“I live in Denmark (a small country in Europe) and we normally pay 50 – 60 $ for a book in hard or paper back. E-books are half price – around 30$. I have a kindle and by most books from Amazon, however I am kind of old fashioned and still like some physical books. It is cheaper for me to by books from Amazon in the US and pay freight, import taxes, import charges etc. than to by my books here in Denmark.”
“Jensen is the most common surname in Denmark”
1. Priest by Sierra Simone – “the ultimate forbidden love story” … “You MUST read Priest by Sierra Simone. Talk about forbidden love – no teacher student, no stepsiblings, no best friends younger sister etc. This is a priest and a new girl in town coming to the church for confession. But it is so good, so emotional and you really feel their struggles. You guys need to read it.”
2. Three Simple Rules by Nikki Sloane – she needs to pay off a debt to her boss (she made a mistake at work which left her boss with an extra expense of 8.000 $) and with no money she let her friend convince her to take one night at the Blindfold Club. Her first client at the club is her boss…
3. Finding Home by Lauren Baker & Bonnie Dee – it was so difficult to move on after this book… “Just finished Finding Home by Bonnie Dee. I know it’s an old one, but I think I remember you writing about it Maryse, however I can’t find your review. But it was such a great book, so different from many other books, which was refreshing. Absolutely loved it and I’m not sure I can start another one right away… Saw the links to your reviews of the other books by Bonnie Dee and I think I’m gonna read them both next. I really like her writing and I’am totally up for more by her.”
4. Lead Me Not (Twisted Love series Book 1) (and Follow Me Back (Twisted Love series Book 2)) by A. Meredith Walkers – even though the H Maxx has a massive drug addiction I just fell for him. I found it very difficult to put these books down.
5. The Virgin Romance Novelist by Meghan Quinn – this one had me laughing from start to end
More of her favorite authors or books that have made an impact recently?
“I really LOVE Lauren Blakely – has anyone read her books? … No one can write steamy scenes as Lauren Blakely… it doesn’t matter which book of Lauren Blakely you read – they are all awesome, but the books in the Sinful Nights series is a must ”
“This MC series is soooo good. It was the first books I read by Bella Jewel and since then I have read all her other books. She is one of my fav authors ”
“Whoa – I just finished Pull (Part Two of Push). Have been waiting like 6 months for this book. The book wasn’t as intense as Push and up until 97% I had no idea where the book would end. BUT what an ending. I still can’t believe it … my head is spinning… and I have a feeling that this book will stay in my head for a very long time. Even though I still think Push was the better one I HIGHLY recommend Pull.”
“Finished Beautiful Redemption: A Novel (The Maddox Brothers Series Book 2) yesterday and I knew it would be amazing but still it just blew me away. Thomas is so different from Travis and Trent but I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE him.”