It’s Saturday, which means it’s time once again for a “reader favorites” list, and Tracey is up! Did you know that Tracey’s been a part of our crew since 2012? So you know her favorites are probably right up our alley. And here’s something else about Tracey. She specifically sent us THIS list (right below) but once upon a time (last year) she commented and posted another list (completely different from this one) that I think will fit wonderfully, here. It’s her “Ten books that have stayed with me in some way…” list… so I’m adding it, too!
TWO FOR ONE!! YAY US!
First… her TOP TEN FAVORITES (or as she spells it… “favourites” – where are ya from, Tracey? Oh!! She told us once in a comment that she’s from the UK)
“ok here are my main to go books as in if i had them in print they would be worn out! Could add so many more ( oh and all spelling mistakes are my own ) - Tracey“
- Cut & Run (Cut & Run Series Book 1) by Abigail Roux and Madeleine Urban ( Ty and Zane = me drooling)
- Heller by JD Nixon ( major achievement for this book as i got my non reader bezzy hooked on it)
- Love In Touch by Lucy May Lennox ( sweet)
- Happy Hour (Racing on the Edge Book 1) by Shey Stahl ( I lay the blame on you for this choice Maryse one of the first books off your blog that I read )
- The Hanover Square Affair by Ashley Gardner
- Tall, Dark & Lonely (Pyte/Sentinel Series Book 1) by RL Mathewson
- A Hidden Fire: Elemental Mysteries Book One Elizabeth Hunter ( think I re read it sometimes just to shout its North not Northern Wales!)
- Love Unscripted:The Love Series, Book 1 by Tina Reber <— sidenote from Maryse: GOD YES!!! LOVED!!!
- Bitten & Smitten (Immortality Bites) by Michelle Rowan
- Beyond the Highland Mist (Highlander Book 1) by Karen Marie Moning
And while I’m at it, here’s her “Ten books that have stayed with me in some way…” list and she reminds us…
“Not in order ( would be too much like picking favourite child)”
- Jane Eyre (Xist Classics) by Charlotte Brontë <— She has said: “This is a bit like picking my favourite child ……however hand on heart I can say Jane Erye reason being? I read it at school for my english lit exam and fell in love with my first ever book boyfriend Mr.Rochester, bless him he helped me out at quite a few job interviews etc later in life when I had to write about my favourite hobby which will never change ..reading. lately there have been a few books to challenge my all time favourite but its still there holding the number 1 spot “
- Me Before You: A Novel by Jojo Moyes ( it stayed with me so much i havent managed to re read it, one day maybe) <— sidenote from Maryse: Yep me too! One of my absolute FAVORITES!!!
- Incarnations of Immortality by Piers Anthony
- Gabriel’s Inferno by Sylvain Reynard
- The Tied Man by Tabitha McGowan ( read this last year and its THE darkest read so far for me)
- Flowers In The Attic by V.C. Andrews ( read it as a teenager how grown up did I think I was !)
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Love In Touch by Lucy May Lennox <— Sidenote from Maryse: Ooooh this one made both of her lists!!
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
- Cross Stitch (Outlander) by Diana Gabaldon <— This is the UK edition of “Outlander: A Novel (Outlander, Book 1) which is now the official name of this book.
And while I’m at it… here are other books Tracey has mentioned “big love” for, in past comments:
- Night Owl (The Night Owl Trilogy Book 1) by M. Pierce <— “Loved Night Owl, really recommend it. Only put it down when my kindle battery started to protest that it was running low other than that I was glued.”
- Moon: 10 (New Species) by Laurann Dohner <— “Moon read in one sitting which equals not much sleep.Worth every drop of caffine im going to need today “
- Interview with a Master by Jason Luke <— “Another new release is Interview with a Master’ by Jason Lukes, downloaded and read in about 4 hours! BDSM written from a mans pov by a male author . Took my mind of the horrible weather we are having “
- King of Me (The King Trilogy, Book 3) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff <— “Finished King of Me and it is a easy 5 star read, if you have read the first couple of books there is a twist in it which made me squee in delight “
- Painted Faces by L.H. Cosway <— “… ive re read Painted faces on a few occasions now ( its one of my go to books when im in a book slump)“
Do you have a “Top Favorite Books” list? Don’t forget to send me yours!! I post one every Saturday (send it here: http://www.maryse.net/contact-me). You can make it just a list (top 10 or more) but if you want to include a tiny (or longer) tidbit next to each one about why you loved it, that would be awesome, too!