Lothaire Book Signing with Kresley Cole and Paul Marron *squee* PLUS! A Signed Copy Book Giveaway
*shakes head in happy disbelief*
OMG!!! That was fun!!!! Yesterday was the Best. Day. EVER! Overwhelming in so many ways, but so amazing. I’m just thrilled that I had the opportunity and good fortune to attend. I mean, just… WOW, right??!! I… just… speechless. My words. They have left me once again but I’m hoping to get them back as I recount a few of the silly moments throughout the day. I’ve just finally started coming down off of the crazy adrenaline trip that started Friday night and didn’t let up until right about now (when I thought, okay, maybe I can speak again).
So all week, I knew this was coming. I mean, just meeting one of my fellow readers is always exciting (and a bit nerve wracking), so you can imagine how tense I was with this upcoming *triple threat*. I tried to go on with my daily routine, and not think about it (set it aside until Friday gets here and let the nerves hit me then), but come on! That was simply impossible. My concentration was off. My reading was off. I was blogging all week, but my nervous anticipation kept me from concentrating and getting into anything serious. Could you tell? I could tell.
So Penny and I kept each other company (via Facebook) until that day. It helped knowing I had a fellow reader/friend to experience this with.
Maryse: … I go through easy moments, and then I go… OH GOD. Tomorrow…
So here it is. A day in the life of a nervous wreck:
- I indulged in reading Lothaire late into the night. Why not, right? I can’t concentrate on much, sleeping is… not happening. And my room looks like a clothing store exploded in it. Belts, shoes, stuff everywhere, and I still couldn’t decide. What the heck does one wear, when one expects to meet an evil vampire? So I give up, and figure I still have Saturday (maybe I’ll be more focused), and leave my fashion piles where they lay. Reading it is. At least I’ll be putting myself in the right kind of “Lothaire” mood. And it helped.
- 9:00 am – Considering how late I fell asleep, I still got up way too early. Wondered if getting ready to go that early would be just too weird, so instead I read some more. I was appropriately very much into Lothaire by the time I was ready to go.
1:50pm – Penny texts me letting me know she got there early enough to get us a #5 line number. OH YESSS!!! I’m delayed (husband decided it was the perfect day to get some errands done). Whaaaaa? NOW?? But we’re supposed to be leaving soon… *sigh* MEN!!! Still though, gives me time to panic amongst my clothing explosion, privately. (that kind of panic is never pretty). Penny eases my concern about early arrival. She’s in place for both of us. *love her*
- 3:30pm I finally get there, and we hug! Immediate bonding because, OMG we are about to experience something so fun together! There is NO awkwardness, just the three of us (husband loves these things) chatting in an attempt to keep our nerves in check. I remind my husband, TAKE TONS of pictures!! Tons!! He’s got an awesome camera that can do anything, and I don’t want none of this 1 or 2 pictures stuff! I want lots to choose from and to display. He assures me, no problem, he’s ON IT! Didn’t he Penny?? Didn’t he promise!! grrrrrrrrr (you’ll see why I’m growling in just a second…)
- 4:00pm: It fills up FAST! There are suddenly people everywhere, and the excitement and energy is building. The room is alive with anticipation, and book chatter and funny comments take place with everyone in our vicinity. We’re all fans, and we’re all there for the same reason. We’re all connecting and everyone seems happy!
- 5:15pm (approx) – IT. IS. ON! There they are, and the crowd roars their excitement! It doesn’t take but a few minutes and I’m already at Kresley’s side getting the books signed. She’s beautiful!! And so full of life, smiling, laughing and seems genuinely delighted to be there. My husband, as promised, is right there taking our picture!
And then… as I make my way over to Lothaire (Paul Marron), all 5′ of me, juggling my 5 heavy hardcover books, iPad, iPhone, and purse, trying to appear nonchalant and unassuming (*squeeing* was on the inside ONLY) I look over to my husband and notice that he is in a deep discussion with a fellow camera/lens/techie lover and completely, utterly unaware that I am standing RIGHT THERE!!! WITH PAUL who is busy signing my stuff!!! GRRRRRRRRR!!!! So there I am attempting to chat politely with him, and keep my cool as I endevour to discreetly get my husband’s attention. I stare bug-eyed at him and do a tiny foot stomp thingie. I wave my arm at him. I wave a little harder. I call his name, coupled with more obnoxious foot stomps (by now I have no idea if I’m freaking out the cover model by my apparent rudeness, but I’m certainly red-faced). Still… nothing. By now I’ve gone into wishful-thinking mode, hoping that he’s still too busy signing my stuff that maybe he hasn’t noticed I’ve gone spastic. But I know my “discreet” attempts are not working, so I call my husband’s name again, LOUDLY. Twice. Penny is witnessing the entire commotion and chuckling from afar. Still… to no avail. Now I have to pull out the big guns, because, come on. Paul is not going to wait all day, and I know there is a line that must be building behind me. So I pull out my *crazy* and start doing what appears to be psycho-girl jumping jack leaps, IN HEELS, bouncing up and down, pretty much shrieking my husband’s name… (while trying not to plow the model down in the process). Yep. This wasn’t happening near Paul. It was right in FRONT of Paul. *eyeroll* OMG. Kill. Me. Now.
- Oh lookie there! My husband finally looks at me (when he is nudged by his fellow newfound techie friend) and NOW I have to reign my crazy in, and smile for that one picture that I should have had 30 of, while I was still in my naturally happy state. Oh who am I kidding? Even with all of that, I was thrilled! I proceeded to apologize profusely, and I think all was forgiven as he had a glint of amusement in his creepy red eyes. I was embarrassed, yes, but Paul was so sweet and accommodating that I’m thinking I didn’t freak him out too much. I hope.
A bit of cooling down time (from all that jumping, and stressing, I think I overheated a bit). No no!! I know what you’re thinking!! “Lothaire” had nothing to do with it! hee hee ;) Penny and I unloaded our heavy but signed books, and then lightly hugged their tour bus a bit. It was just so shiny and beeaauuutiful!! I just couldn’t resist!
The rest of the evening was wonderful!! We watched as everyone got their books signed, pictures taken, and as the evening progressed, had even more opportunities to chat and take more photos with Paul as he stood amongst the crowd. Sweet, charming and friendly he was easily approachable, and super agreeable. Well… to be fair, us girls didn’t do much approaching (we’re chicken!), but my husband thought it was a kick to see us red-faced when he did all of the “approaching” for us…
To quote Penny describing the evening:
Penny: Oh wait till you hear! Lol Kevin is the man, he just walked over and got him and brought him to us!!
Maryse: Yes… Yes. Kevin. Did.
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to chat with Kresley as she was behind a table, and signing away, but we were able to get tons of gorgeous spontaneous pictures of her. *Ahem* I think my husband has a crush.
So the night ended in a small cozy group chat where readers asked her questions, and she answered. Mostly it was a fun laid-back session, where she discussed things like traveling on a tour bus, Nix’s potential novel (no definite answer on that one), her upcoming YA series, a t-shirt giveaway trivia contest, and she “hoooooo’d” like Lothaire’s Elizabeth would, for us. She had it perfect! And of course, there was that “Is Paul single?” question, that was answered so perfectly! I got that on video! (A quick montage of video clips from the evening coming soon – but there will be NO spoilers, so no worries! AND more pictures to follow!!) So there it is folks, a week of built-up excitement came to fruition, and proved to be a wonderful event that I will never forget.
BTW – almost finished Lothaire’s book and I AM LOVING IT!!!!
So… I have THREE signed copies (signed by both Kresley Cole & “Lothaire”) to give away, over the course of the next few related posts.
For this post, I am giving away ONE copy to one randomly selected lucky winner.
How to enter for a chance to win a copy?
You just need to retweet this post. Do it by clicking my Twitter account link (https://twitter.com/#!/ItsMaryse), which will bring you to my TWEET. Then, re-tweet away (or retweet it into your Twitter account manually, by copying the Tweet below):
or this one:
Retweet that link by tomorrow Monday, January 16 2012 (10pm, USA EST). On Tuesday January 17th 2012 at approx. 9pm EST, I’ll randomly select one lucky winner among all the Twitter users who retweeted this post, and I will list the winner at the top of this post (and attempt to contact you via Twitter).
The winner will be contacted and will have 24hrs to respond with a mailing address, so if you are picked, do not delay or you will lose your chance.
Here’s a suggestion. If you want to enter to win the book, after you’ve retweeted, you may also pre-send me your mailing address, by email, in case you do win (include your twitter name in the email address, too). In a couple of my past giveaways, there were some issues with getting the mailing address on time, so to avoid this, if I pick your name, and I already have your address, then all is good. Sorry for my international readers, this is a open to U.S. residents only (but you’re welcome to comment and join in any time!!).