Reader Confession – Alisa confesses her own book-hoarding ways… (and it’s happening to me, too!!)

by Maryse on April 5, 2017 · 9 comments

in Editorial

Reasons I’m even more of a book-hoarder than I had to be… ;) Sometimes ya just gotta pout.

Another book-hoarder after our own book-hoarding hearts, and I SO GET THIS, because I am ALSO having to re-collect some of my books. I explain my issue after her confession.

Alisa has her own confession for us. How well can you relate?

She says:

“I’ve been following your blog for several years, but have never chimed in before now. Have your heard the sayings “She who dies with the most ______ wins?” Usually if applies to fabric for quilters, yarn for knitters, etc. Why not “She who dies with the most ebooks wins!”?

I was a hard back die hard until I was going on a vacation to Mexico and needed to lighten my load. One ereader is MUCH lighter than 6 hardback books! Hence, my first Nook (1st edition) purchase. Now, I have 2 nooks with over 2200 books and a Kindle Paperwhite with over 700 books (in 2 years!). I can’t resist a good sale/price drop.

My quirk is that I want all of my books by a particular author on either the Nook or the Kindle. That way I always have their entire collection with me. Especially with a series. This is a problem if a book goes exclusive to Kindle for months and the rest of my books were on nook. It makes me wait! Patience is generally not one of my virtues.

Love the “favorite lists”. I have found some new authors I really love from those lists.

So many books and never enough time. . .”

Maryse: I love this, Alisa!!! And I totally get your quirk. I had a Sony ereader back in the day, and it’s out of commission now, so all of those books I had on there… *poof* gone. :( I’ve stuck to Kindle ever since. I shall post your quirk next week, so others can commiserate with you. :) SO COOL!!! *hug*

Oh Alisa… you’re yet another reader after my own heart!! And I too (in my beginning ebook stages) had books scattered between Nook, Kindle AND SONY EREADER!!! <— Do those even exist anymore? No?

Well, that was my VERY FIRST ebook reader and I loved it, and I had SO many books on it, but then I found the wonders of Nook and Kindle… and then mostly Kindle, and my Sony ereader went by the wayside. I lost all of the books I had on that one. :( And so I’m re-collecting, too. ;)

Tessa April 5, 2017 at 9:04 PM

Maryse! If you had a Sony E-reader, all your books got transferred to Kobe. I do get the desire to have it all on one app. That drives me nuts looking between so many apps. :) Eventually, Kindle will have them all!

Maryse April 5, 2017 at 9:43 PM

OMG!!! Tessa REALLY????

Okay I have to look all that up and get it all back. Does Kobe have an reader app???????

HOLY. MOLY.

Tessa April 5, 2017 at 10:11 PM

There’s a Kobe app for tablets. I use that. I’m not sure how well it’ll work or if it is still all there, but hopefully it is. I did mine literally the next day after I got the information that Sony was shutting down its store. Same password too. That was super convenient, though some books were Sony exclusive, so those got permanently lost. For me, that was no big deal since at the time, most of my books were mass market published books. The exclusives I had were only freebies.

Jennifer April 5, 2017 at 10:33 PM

My first ereader was a Sony e-reader too! Some books transferred but not all. I lost all my books because once I realized I lost some, it was too hard to keep track of books in the new app. I was unused to, Kobo, based in Canada, I think, and I was just getting started in the kindle app through my iPad. I loved all the book bargains I found through kindle but hated losing my original ebooks… the entire KM Moning Fever series, and my first J.D. Nixon Heller books. It’s terrible when I want to continue a series and realize I can’t re-read the early books in the series because I don’t have access to them anymore.

Tessa April 5, 2017 at 11:39 PM

Kobo should still have it in their library. I rarely access mine, but almost everything is there. It’s where I hid my Game of Thrones. :D I just use the search function because, as you said, their app isn’t as friendly as Kindle’s is.

Jennifer April 6, 2017 at 2:09 PM

Thanks Tessa! Just downloaded the Kobo app. Again and found my old books. Like finding a dusty box in the attic with forgotten treasures.

Mary ann April 6, 2017 at 4:39 PM

I have 2 Kindle ereader registered to one account. I found out any book I purchase are both downloaded on my two kindles.

Maryse April 6, 2017 at 7:40 PM

YAY!!! These confessions are mini treasure-troves of PURE “US”

Kristen G. April 8, 2017 at 2:15 PM

I too like to have all books in a series or by a favorite author on one device! Kind of solved this with my ipad mini, but I must confess to buying the same book on both kindle & nook