Guys!!!! Guuuuuuyyyysss!!! I think I found some gems here!! Quite a few recent releases that I have never seen before (not even for my main new release lists) but that sound SO awesome. Not just recommendations, but like… I dunno. Books that I have no IDEA how I missed and how I’m not hearing about them.
They all have plenty of GREAT reviews, super-sounding unique stories and blurbs that have mostly all *jolted* me. All I can think is that maybe it’s due to them being new fairly new releases, and with the influx of new books coming out in droves, they were simply… overlooked? Actually, for me… not even seen. Until today. Gah!!! I hope there are some mega-squees amongst this bunch. I can’t imagine anything less.
Like… how can I possibly resist The Voyeur Next Door (he’s jaded & reclusive and she watches him through her window), Made You Up (she’s a paranoid schizophrenic and she makes a friend), Darker Water (because Kandace went nuts for it and she and I have very similar book taste), Where One Goes (she falls in love with a dead guy… my heart hurts already for this one), If (she falls for a homeless guy), plus quite a few troubled marriage (read: super-romance-angst) books below…
And of course. The reader recommendations that are highly recommended. Everything’s been noted below.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Beyond Innocence (Beyond, Book #6) by Kit Rocha <— JUST RELEASED SUPER SEXY ALERT!!! This is that super-steamy erotica/dystopian series (book #1 blew my mind!! Here’s my review) and MichelleS is a fan, saying: “This series is awesome! Love it. Very erotic dystopian, but amazing characters. Highly recommend this one. Not for the faint of heart. Debauchery alert!“
- Off Base by Tessa Bailey & Sophie Jordan <— JUST RELEASED!!
- The Magnolia Affair by T.A. Foster <— JUST RELEASED/TROUBLE MARRIAGE ALERT!! “It was idyllic. It was serene. Until Paxton Tanner, candidate for the state senate, moved in next door…“
- Bayou Stix Series: Bayou Stix Limited Edition Box Set by Skye Turner <— JUST RELEASED ROCK STARS ALERT!! ENTIRE series bundled at a great price!!
- Made You Up by Francesca Zappia <— JUST RELEASED SHE’S A PARANOID SCHIZOPHRENIC ALERT!!! Sounds like one of those intense YA (but mature) reads. “Alex is starting her senior year at a new high school, making a clean start after an incident at her previous school. She just wants to keep her grades up and perform her mandatory community service so she can get into college. But Alex knows she’ll have a hard time achieving these goals, since she has paranoid schizophrenia. She keeps her illness to herself, hoping that between her doctor, her medication, and her own homegrown coping strategies, no one else need ever know. But on her first day at her new school, she meets a boy who looks exactly like someone she hallucinated on the day her illness first manifested 10 years earlier…“
- Unruly by Cora Brent <— SOUNDS MEGA ROMANCE ANGSTY ALERT! And it’s recently released and a great price! “I was going home. Not forever; only long enough to watch my eternally irresponsible father marry a girl who happened to be my childhood enemy. There were no plans to embark on some crazy sex odyssey with a wild nineteen-year old baseball player…“
- Darker Water (Once and Forever Book 1) by Lauren Stewart <— KANDACE LOVES IT ALERT!! On SUPERSALE and highly recommended by Kandace who says: “I read this book earlier this year and loved it hard. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it. It has a little bit of everything we love. It’s sexy and funny.”
- Fear of Falling by S.L. Jennings <— on SUPERSALE ’cause book #2 will be out in just a couple of days! And Patty LOVED it! “What a beautifully written novel filled with so many emotions I haven’t quite been the same since reading it! I cried, my heart teared apart, I smiled, I fell madly in love with Blaine! He is a real, true Man!“
- CARNAGE: Book #1 The Story Of Us by Lesley Jones <— TEARJERKER ALERT!! On supersale too!!! HUGELY popular ’cause it made a mess of everyone! Julie recommends it big time! “I’ve read all of Lesley Jones books now and loved them all. If you read Carnage you can’t stop until you read the second book – it’s a must and a five star. So many books I forget but I remember this one like I just read it.” (here’s my review)
- Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes <— AWESOME TRILOGY ALERT!! Krystal is loving it!! “So I am reading this freaking awesome Trilogy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes . The first book is Raised by Wolves. I just finished book 2 and OMG it was great. I am devouring these books. It has werewolves, humans and a little bit more.. Have you read it already? If not it’s a must ”
- Trial by Fire (Raised by Wolves) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes <— and here’s #2!!
- Taken by Storm (Raised by Wolves) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes <— and here’s #3!!
- Royals Saga: The Complete Alexander and Clara Boxed Set by Geneva Lee <— ENTIRE SERIES BUNDLED & HE’S A ROYAL PRINCE ALERT!!
- Imperfect Truth by Ava Harrison <— Another recent release/TROUBLED MARRIAGE ALERT! And then she meets a writer…
- Brisé by by Leigh Ann Lunsford <— BEST FRIENDS SINCE CHILDHOOD ALERT! “Tragedy strikes and their life is derailed. She leaves to heal and fulfill a dream to dance on stage. He is left behind and forgets how to live…“
- Where One Goes <— SOUNDS AMAZING WITH A UNIQUE TWIST AND WANTS TO BREAK MY HEART ALERT!! She can talk to the dead, that linger… but “…in helping the dead, I’ve realized I haven’t allowed myself to live. With no money, no place to go, and most importantly… no hope, I’ve decided there is only one option—to end it all. But fate is a funny thing. One minute, I’m about to leap to my death, and the next, I’m saved by Ike McDermott. The strong, striking soldier stopped me from putting an end to my despair. He’s the kind of man that smiles and brightens an entire room. Sweet and gentle. He is my savior. And he’s dead…” and LEE just told me she LOVED it! “OMG OMG OMG…… Maryse you HAVE to read Where One Goes ..My heart was RACING since the first chapter, its heart-warming, and heart-stopping, and I literally could not put it down!!”
- Bait (The Wake Series Book 1) by M. Mabie <— TROUBLED MARRIAGE ANGST ALERT (and then they meet…)!! SUPER BARGAIN priced and this one has a cliffhanger but book #2 was just recently released!! And Claudia says: “Maryseeee!! You MUST read Bait!! Drove me insane, so much angst, I don’t know who I want to smack first him or her I shouldn’t have read it now because there is a part 2 and I’m going crazy but pleaseeeee read this book! You will love it )”
- Sail (The Wake Series Book 2) by M. Mabie <— And here’s book #2!!
- If by Nina G. Jones <— SHE FALLS FOR A HOMELESS GUY ALERT!! “If… Someone hadn’t scarred my face. I hadn’t followed my dreams to LA. That tweaker hadn’t attacked that homeless guy. I hadn’t invited a stranger over for Thanksgiving. I hadn’t fallen in love. If I hadn’t lost him.”
- BEWARE 2: The Comeback by Shanora Williams <— RECENTLY RELEASED ALERT!! Did you guys know this one was out? Look at the BIG LOVE for book #1 (just below)
- BEWARE by Shanora Williams <— and here’s #1 and it’s super-bargain priced!! Tessa recommends it big time!! “Beware is on sale by Shanora Williams. It’s soooo good, gut wrenching, dangerous and just great… A big recommendation from me” and Sarah agrees! “Wow if you haven’t already Maryse you need to push Beware by Shanora Williams to the top of your TBR! You won’t be disappointed. Holy hotness batman, Ace tops the list of my book boyfriends – ok maybe equal with Travis, sorry Travis! I didn’t mean it haha. I need a moment to pick the pieces up after my heart has broken on the floor. Maybe a week, I won’t be forgetting this book for a long time, even as I write this I am still pondering on how it can’t have played out the way it did but I can’t do a thing to change it and my heart breaks all over again! Love it!”
- Smother by Lindy Zart <— SOUNDS EMOTIONALLY TRAGIC ALERT! Plus it’s just been recently released & I LOVED another book from this author… this one sounds pretty tragic. She’s trying to forget… be numb. “You won’t like me. I am not the nice girl. I am not your friend. I don’t care about you, but most of all, I don’t care about me. Go ahead, hate me. We all have secrets.“
- The Voyeur Next Door by Airicka Phoenix <— *WAGGLES EYEBROWS ALERT* He’s jaded and reclusive, and she’s watching from her window… “The rules were simple: No names. No faces. No attachments. They both had what the other needed so long as they never broke the rules. But what will happen when the mystery is unveiled and they both come face to face with the truth and each other?“
- Lighter (Begin Again Book 1) by Gia Riley <— HER ROOMMATES BROTHER ALERT!! “Lighter isn’t your typical college romance. Darkness suffocates, dreams are dashed, and battles are lost. Love takes on a whole new meaning.”
- Ace’s Redemption (Devil’s Despair Book 1) by A.C. Baxter <— BIKER BOOK ALERT!! And it’s on super-bargain sale today!!
- The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han <— Clare loves this one! “Maryse, I’ve just read The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. Wow! It was unexpectedly amazing, I found myself infuriated, sad, amazed (not in a good way) but I felt ‘IT’ The real emotion! The author expressed the emotion you feel when you’re falling in love; but unable to express your feelings because, well your young… All three books are together for sale on Amazon…”
- Bear, Otter, and the Kid (Bear, Otter, and the Kid Chronicles Book 1) by T.J. Kline <— ONE OF MY FAVORITE M/M BOOKS EVER!!!! And Jacque tells us it’s on SUPER-SALE!!!! After reading this series, I wondered how if I could possibly love m/f romance books again… this one was SO intense! Here’s my review. You’ll see.
And for AUDIOBOOK LOVERS
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! ——> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
PRE-ORDERS (most are next week’s!!):
- Beautiful Sacrifice: A Novel (The Maddox Brothers Book 3) by Jamie McGuire <— MAY 31st 2015!!
- Conviction: Devine by D.H. Sidebottom – release date May 24th 2015
- The Other Man by R.K. Lilley - release date May 25th 2015
- Afraid to Fly by S.L. Jennings – May 26th 2015
- Irrevocable (Evan Arden Book 5) by Shay Savage <— MORE EVAN ARDEN!!! May 26th 2015!! “I’m back in Chicago and back in business with my boss, Rinaldo Moretti. So much for my run at a normal life…“
- Sugar by by Deirdre Riordan Hall
- Wrong by by LP Lovell & Stevie J Cole<— DARK READ ALERT!! June 2nd 2015
- The Song of David by Amy Harmon <— MMA FIGHTER!! releasing June 15th 2015 “** This book is a STANDALONE novel featuring characters that were introduced in The Law of Moses. It is not a sequel, but it is a spin-off. **”
- Fighting for Forever (The Fighting Series Book 6) by J.B. Salsbury <— June 23rd 2015
- Madame X by Jasinda Wilder – November 3rd 2015
- Reaper’s Fall (Reapers Motorcycle Club) by Joanna Wylde <— November 10th 2015