Author & Book News Roundup – February 12th 2017

by Maryse on February 12, 2017 · 76 comments

in News

<— FIRST OFF!!!!!! *thud* eek IT. IS. LIVE!!!!! PENELOPE WARD’S HOT SINGLE FATHER (MACK DADDY) ALERT JUST WENT LIVE EARLY and I absolutely LOVE the premise (and she teaches at his son’s school!!!) Oh, and that cover ain’t half bad, either. ;)

“At the private school where I taught, Mack Morrison was the only man around in a sea of women.

Everyone wanted a piece of the hot single father of the sweet little boy.

I was riddled with jealousy, because they didn’t know that—to me—he was much more…”

NEWS #2: My latest review is up (a sort of psych-thriller romance, where SHE’S the stalker and in love with him, and she’ll do whatever it takes to get him back). It get’s a little crazy. ;)  ➔ Book Review – The Evolution of Ivy: Poison by Lauren Campbell

AND HERE’S MORE NEWS:

Bookstore Signing: Some of our favorite authors will be signing at a book store on March 18th!! Kristen Ashley, Kylie Scott AND Joanna Wylde will be at “The Ripped Bodice Bookstore” in California, and Kristen Ashley announces all of the details here, saying:

“We had a girlie writing weekend planned and we thought…we gotta hit this place!

SO WE ARE!

And we want you to hit it with us.”

Speaking of Kristen Ashley, did you know she wrote a story that will strictly be available as an audiobook only?? It’s called Complicated and USA Today released the details!

“…She’s learned from life that there are no hopes and dreams. The only thing to look forward to is peace. And that’s what she works hard to build for herself and her brother. Right up until Hix walks into her life…”

Tara Brown‘s upcoming book (Betrayers (The Devil’s Roses – Adult version Book 9) is now up for preorder and coming out soon! BUT!!!!!! There’s something special about this one. She says: “This story is only just beginning and it’s going to end with a bang. … Get this sexier version before it’s gone! It will only release for two weeks before it’s pulled and only the YA version of the Roses will be available.”

Emily Snow has a new release entitled “Distraction“, following her latest one “Friction“. No preorder yet for it, but she posted the super-sexy cover and blurb! “…She wants commitment, and she’s got a list that she’s anxious to check off. Love. Marriage. Baby (preferably twins, because two’s company). Then she meets Mateo Bailon. An attorney with a penchant for chains and kink, Mateo isn’t looking for commitment and he sure as hell doesn’t want marriage. Not again. He wants a distraction...”

E.K. Blair has a new love story coming out that’s called “Secret Lucidity” (but she’s still in “tease-mode” with us for now. ;) She’s a psych-thriller/dare-to-go-there kind of author (like… Author Anonymous), so I can’t wait to see what she’s got in store for us with this one! And surprise!!! It’s a risqué student-teacher romance, but she does things differently. ;) She says:

“This is, by far, my favorite book I’ve written to date! EPIC LOVE STORY!!!!! Details coming soon!”

and then

“SECRET LUCIDITY is a student-teacher book unlike any of the others you’ve read. I’ve taken this popular trope and have put my own unique spin on it. Brace yourself for an emotionally intense ride!”

Abbi Glines just announced a surprise new release that just went live today on iBooks BUT will only be going live on Valentines Day for the rest of the online stores! Like A Memory (Sea Breeze meets Rosemary Beach).

“…Nate Finlay returns to Sea Breeze to help his fiancé open her new boutique clothing store. When the new employee walks in Nate is taken back seven years to the girl he thought he’d love forever. The one who never answered his calls or returned his text…”

Skye Warren announces a DARK anthology also coming out, just in time for Valentines Day called “My Sweet Villaintine” (tee hee!! How clever) and she says:

“Look at this gorgeous cover by By Hang Le for an anthology with Lili Saint GermainT.m. FrazierCallie HartShari Slade, and me! This is the REALLY dark stuff!”

Tara Sivec revealed the cover and blurb of her upcoming book “Below Deck” (a rich girl and a deck hand on a yacht!) and it’ll be out in March!

Tiffanie Debartolo’s HUGE HIT “God-Shaped Hole: A Novel” is BACK!!!!! Well sorta. It’s back up for preorder. Remember when some of us were wondering where it went off to? Suddenly we couldn’t buy the ebook version. This is one of THOSE books that is on SO many favorites lists, it’s just crazy (and on my DYING-TO-READ-BUT-SCARED TBR list). LOL!!!!! Oh. And the reason it left? ’cause it was just picked up by a big publisher, and the cover was redesigned!! P.S. I jumped in and got the original paperback before I even realized it was in redesign mode. YAY ME!!! :D

Karina Halle is releasing yet another book called “Black Hearts” in just a few days and OMG THAT BADASS COVER!!!! Seriously. “For Vicente Bernal, truth is all he’s known. The son of an infamous drug lord, Vicente was born to help run the family business, which means he’s been raised on a throne of sordid pasts and dirty laundry, violence and pride. But when Vicente stumbles across someone he’s not supposed to know about – a woman from his father’s checkered past – he sets out to California to find her behind his father’s back.”

***Black Hearts is book one of the Sins Duet, with the sequel, Dirty Souls, releasing shortly after. These books can be read as a standalone – though they are a spinoff of the Sins & Needles and Dirty Angels trilogies, you do not need to read those books in order to understand and enjoy Black Hearts and Dirty Souls as these books revolve around different characters.***

Fisher Amelie has one of the most beautiful covers in the whole wide world and this book entitled “One in the Morning” is coming out on Valentine’s Day, too! She hints: “A new installment in Jack’s and Adeline’s story… Coming #ValentinesDay#JackandAdeline #OneintheMorning

Helena Hunting’s upcoming release (this month!!) Pucked Off (A Standalone Romantic Comedy) (The Pucked Series Book 6) also just had a sexy cover reveal. Has anyone seen it yet? BAD BOY HOCKEY STAR (and player ;) ) has a woman that knows his secrets… and he wants to leave her but…

“…she makes it difficult, because she’s the kind of bad I deserve.

At least that’s what I believed until someone from my past gets caught up in my present. She’s all the good things in this world. She lights up my dark.

I shouldn’t want her.

But I do.

I should leave her alone.

But I won’t.”

PREORDERS (going live at midnight!!!! :D !!!)

➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)

Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).

Amy February 12, 2017 at 3:37 PM

I *want* Mack Daddy (wow, that sounds…bad, LOL!!) because it’s just the right kind of different from the norm but that cover is making me hold off. I know…I KNOW. It’s ridiculous. He’s hot. The blurb sounds GREAT. But…but…he has no shirt on. And I don’t want anymore shirtless guy covers.

I’ve been obsessing over it since mentioning it on the other post, so what does that say about me?? “The lady doth protest too much” keeps running through my head. I should just get over myself and move on.

Right?

Right.

Screw it.

*squeezes eyes shut and clicks*

Maryse February 12, 2017 at 3:41 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Okay I’ve already commented this on another post but here I go again:

But Aaaaaaammmyyyyy he’s HOT. Come on. LOOK AT HIM. LOOK. AT. HIM.

Will ya just?
:P

Maryse February 12, 2017 at 3:42 PM

All I wanna say is HOLY MACKMOLY.

LOL!!!!!!!!

Amy February 12, 2017 at 3:51 PM

“HOLY MACKMOLY”?????

LOL!!!!!! That’s the official catch phrase for this one!!

He IS hot. Dangit. I’m totally making an exception to my no-shirtless-guy-covers decision.

You are SUCH a bad (in the most fun and bestest way) influence on my convictions! :P

Maryse February 12, 2017 at 4:17 PM

Tee hee!!!!!!!!

I love being a bratty influence.

D.G. February 12, 2017 at 9:09 PM

OMG….just need to rant…started this book earlier today. No biggie – right??? So I have been reading a good bit today and just looked and I am only like 23% into the book. I am on chapter 26. Sound normal – right? NOPE! It’s a good book…not a great, on the edge of your seat hold your interest kinda book…but it’s not bad. It’s FREAKING 81 CHAPTERS LONG!!!!!! What the heck?!?! I mean the H is so far over the top in gooeyness I might just drown! BREAK out the INSULIN…I might fall into a sugar induced COMA!!! UGH!!!!!

Cheryl February 12, 2017 at 9:18 PM

What would we do without you Maryse!!! :) The Bestest influencer!!! LOL

Cheryl February 12, 2017 at 9:34 PM

Saw that Choosing Forever goes live tomorrow and Torn Between Two will be on sale. Now I can start book 1!!

Fabi February 12, 2017 at 9:54 PM

D.G. mind telling us which book it is? :-)

bev February 12, 2017 at 10:27 PM

The Ripped Bodice looks like such a fun book store. I wonder if Tessa lives close by. Apparently they have a dog named Fitzwilliam Waffles, lol.

Lisa February 13, 2017 at 4:49 AM

God Shaped Hole.

D.G. February 13, 2017 at 6:19 AM

Fabi, the book is Unexpectedly Royal by Jennifer Domenico. And even based off the title it would lead you to believe that it would be a short to normal length book. SMH

Leslie M February 13, 2017 at 7:40 AM

Amy, STOP THE INSANITY! When a man looks like Mack Daddy, it’s actually against the law and a cardinal sin to cover that up!!!! ;)

Secret Lucidity sounds interesting and I’m looking forward to Below Deck.

I’m bored with 2 books I’m reading and struggling to finish. Both are part of reading challenges so I need to suck it up. I don’t even think it’s the books. I’m extra crabby & picky and am on 3rd freaking snowstorm in less than a week.

R. Renee February 13, 2017 at 8:03 AM

For those of you who aren’t digging the torso cover, my friend Heather Bentley’s Beautiful Lies is FREE right now and it’s GORGEOUS! Another one I need to read ASAP!

Maryse February 13, 2017 at 8:17 AM

*phew* D.G. I was worried you were referring to Mack Daddy and that’s next up for me.

*waggles eyebrows*

What?!! Is it too early in the morning to waggle eyebrows and be corny over the hot cover? :P LOL!!!!!

bev February 13, 2017 at 10:29 AM

Or hot over a corny cover.

R. Renee February 13, 2017 at 10:35 AM

I *can* read a book with a half naked cover, but I really struggle if it’s a just a bad cover in general. I make exceptions for TJ Klune, but anybody else and I just can’t. I really had to fight to overlook the Bad Things cover!

Leslie M February 13, 2017 at 10:39 AM

R, your friends book sounds good. I dl’d it! Thanks.

Amy February 13, 2017 at 10:57 AM

Or horny over a hot cover.

No? It’s just me?

Whatever.

R. Renee February 13, 2017 at 11:00 AM

I’m curious to know what you think Leslie. I read a super early beta version of it, so I know the basic plot but that’s it. It’s been getting good reviews though! I need to bump it up and read it!

Maryse February 13, 2017 at 11:21 AM

LOL you guys and your word-play!!!!!! *snort*

Ela February 13, 2017 at 11:54 AM

CLOSE ONE D.G! I’M STARTING MACKILICIOUS! IT BETTER NOT DISAPPOINT OR WE’RE HAVING WORDS

Maryse February 13, 2017 at 12:38 PM

LOL!!!!!

Julie February 13, 2017 at 2:03 PM

I one-clicked Mack Daddy! Here last book Playboy Pilot was one of my top favorites of last year. And that cover was just a nice bonus!

Maryse February 13, 2017 at 2:27 PM

It’s always fun to have a nice solid “example” of the hot hero we’re imagining as we’re reading.

Amy February 13, 2017 at 2:39 PM

Did any of y’all ever watch Banshee? For an older-ish hero…whew!! *fans self with scrub top*

Maryse February 13, 2017 at 3:55 PM

I just started this series!!! Only watched episode one so far… heck YES!! I love the premise. This is gonna be all sorts of drama and turmoil. MY FAVORITE!

Jan February 13, 2017 at 4:56 PM

Oh he’s cute.

Amy February 13, 2017 at 7:03 PM

Banshee is SO good Maryse!! I was sad when it ended. As much as I loved Hood (Mr. Hottie McHotpants), Job had to be my favorite. Telling a teenage girl to go run along and get pregnant? LOL!!!

Amy February 13, 2017 at 7:03 PM

Right, Jan?? :P <——- That is my tongue waggling, by the way.

Jan February 13, 2017 at 8:31 PM

LOL Amy.

Hmmmm. New KA book but only on audio? What’s with that? A bit annoying/ disappointing for me cos I much prefer reading my books to listening to them. The teaser sounds good except for the H’s name. Hix? Really?

R. Renee February 13, 2017 at 8:32 PM

Hix? Seriously?

Jan February 13, 2017 at 8:33 PM

I always found the name Ham a bit weird too, for the H in another KA can’t remember the name of the book. Short for Graham, but who says Gray – ham anyway? I never liked that name Ham in that book. Annoyed me all through.

Leslie M February 13, 2017 at 8:49 PM

Ham & Hix?? Yuck! Not sexy.

Maryse February 13, 2017 at 8:51 PM

*ahem* AMY!!!!

Did you not see I said… episode one only???

SPOILER-GIRL!

Or er… was that in episode 1? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’s possible. I have no idea who Long is (yet).

Maryse February 13, 2017 at 8:52 PM

I mean… JOB.

Job.

*sigh* ;)

Maryse February 13, 2017 at 8:52 PM

Where’d I get Long from? :?

R. Renee February 13, 2017 at 8:53 PM

Freudian slip!

Leslie M February 13, 2017 at 8:59 PM

Do you ever love a book with every fiber of your being then read something else by author and be thoroughly disappointed???

R. Renee February 13, 2017 at 9:00 PM

Renee Carlino, Leslie. I LOVED Before We Were Strangers and I’ve been chasing it ever since.

Leslie M February 13, 2017 at 9:01 PM

Makes me very sad. :(

R. Renee February 13, 2017 at 9:02 PM

I know. Swear on This Life CRUSHED ME. I was sooooooo excited. And if I remember correctly the date got pushed out so I had to wait longer. Then I bought the paperback because I KNEW I was going to love it and that made me wait another 12 hours for my mail!

Fabi February 13, 2017 at 9:25 PM

Definitely Leslie. Happens to me all the time. That’s why I’m not a die hard fan of any one author. I may like the writing style overall or I may like the themes one writes but It’s each individual book that does it for me.

Tessa February 13, 2017 at 9:26 PM

If anyone has Kindle Unlimited, How to date a douchbag is part of it! *squee*

Nay February 13, 2017 at 9:31 PM

Yes, Leslie. I LURVED the first three Fae Chronicles books by Amelia Hutchins, and I’ve been stuck on the 4th one for about a year. To me, the book is nowhere near as good as the first three.

Jan–that KA book IS coming out in ebook form later in the year. I’m just waiting for that. I no longer have my subscription to audible and audiobooks are waaaay too expensive to just buy unless you can buy them with WhisperSync.

Nay February 13, 2017 at 9:33 PM

Oh, and Robin, I got your friend’s book too! It’s free with KU, but I went ahead and just bought it since it was free! Thanks!

R. Renee February 13, 2017 at 9:38 PM

Awesome Nay! I’m determined to read it this month! *glances at calendar* Or early March! How the heck are we already halfway through February? It feels like this month just started!

MichelleS February 13, 2017 at 9:50 PM

I just finished Into This River I Drown, and I’m totally drained! So freaking emotional!!! Not for everyone, but a solid 5 stars for me! Love & loss & heartache alert.

Nay February 13, 2017 at 9:51 PM

I noticed that several of you have this marked on GR. It’s normally $3.99 and it’s FREE on Amazon!

Cruel and Beautiful by Terri E. Laine and A.M. Hargrove.

I also found this for free on Amazon:

Man Candy by Melanie Harlowe

R. Renee February 13, 2017 at 9:52 PM

I have cried over TBP 3 times today. THREE. This love note being the third. So swoony. http://www.truestorybookblog.com/2017/02/13/love-note-beckett-to-zelda-the-butterfly-project-by-emma-scott/

Amy February 13, 2017 at 9:55 PM

MARYSE!! I didn’t spoil ANYTHING!!! *pbltttt*

Job is the gay Asian guy Hood first went to for help when he got out of prison. He plays a more prominent role after a few episodes and is freaking hilarious!!

And Hood is just…mmmmm…hubba hubba. *waggles eyebrows*

bev February 13, 2017 at 9:56 PM

Maryse, there is a serious issue we need to discuss about your book friends.
I think they need a refresher on how to do a buddy read. Seriously.
Just simple guidelines like…
Read the Book!

Amy February 13, 2017 at 9:58 PM

Nay…Cruel and Beautiful was so good but it HURT. For me not because of the “twist” but because I figured out the twist in the first chapter and as such had a slow breaking of my poor heart. *sigh*

R. Renee February 13, 2017 at 9:58 PM

I know. I’m the worst buddy reader ever. Just ask Leslie!

Amy February 13, 2017 at 9:59 PM

Holy moly, MichelleS just used some magic catnip words up there…

Amy February 13, 2017 at 10:03 PM

Uh, bev? Maryse is right there with us in BR non-participation. :P

Fabi February 13, 2017 at 10:27 PM

I am “usually” the best buddy reader. With only the very occasional slip up. Sorry bev, please forgive me this one. I’ll be running about a week behind you on it.

R. Renee February 13, 2017 at 10:31 PM

I just finished editing chapter four! Woo hoo!! It only took how many months Fabi?? :D I’m diving back into The Raven Boys very shortly bev! Just as soon as I dance around the house a few times.

Maryse February 13, 2017 at 10:58 PM

Amy!!!

Oh yeah!! Job.

Hishi salon. LOL!!!!!!

Maryse February 13, 2017 at 10:59 PM

Job… Long… definitely a freudian slip. I can’t deny it. ;)

Fabi February 13, 2017 at 11:00 PM

R! That’s great news! It’s all downhill from here. :-)

I’ll be holding my breath waiting for your email.

MichelleS February 13, 2017 at 11:14 PM

Leslie – yup, disappointed for sure by several authors, mostly towards the end of long series. But ONE author stands out that disappointed me most: Katy Evans. I gave Real 5 stars & couldn’t even finish Rogue. Couldn’t believe it was same author. Only time I ever asked for a refund from Amazon.

MichelleS February 13, 2017 at 11:17 PM

Oh Amy… it’s m-m and from male POV and freaky paranormal… but definitely a Manny book. His heartache was so raw & painful it hurt. Agony!!! You know how you wish the pain & anguish would just go on for pages & rip out your guts? Ok. It did. And now I’m never wishing for that again.

MichelleS February 13, 2017 at 11:19 PM

And my throats hurts.
Because I had to quietly scream his lines. Does that make sense to anyone?

R. Renee February 13, 2017 at 11:23 PM

I have to read that MichelleS!

It’s sent Fabi! No rush. It’ll probably take me another 3 months for chapter 5 :-/

Maryse February 13, 2017 at 11:29 PM

bev????

You’re asking ME of all people to assist you in the “how to be a good book-buddy” department??!!

*snickers*

:?

Jan February 13, 2017 at 11:40 PM

Thanks Nay. I’ll wait till the ebook of Complicated comes out too.

Leslie it happens all the time. Nalini Singh’s psy-changeling series used to be one of my favs but it’s gone right off. I’m *hoping* the upcoming book Silver Silence (I think?) is back to her old form. But, who knows? And I went right off the Fever series. It went waaayyy past its use-by date for me. Mary Balogh’s recent book Someone To Love (HR) was a disappointment to me as well. Like someone said in the comments above, seemed like it was a different author than her previous great books. And I’m sure there are others………

Grey February 14, 2017 at 6:38 AM

Yes… BR… Gann anyone? *ahem*…

Amy February 14, 2017 at 10:44 AM

*looks around innocently and whistles*

R. Renee February 14, 2017 at 10:48 AM

Happy hearts and flowers day!!

bev, I made it 10% and fell asleep with my phone in my hand. I think because it’s both YA and PNR it will take me longer to get into it. Any clue when that happens? I saw an update where you’re almost to 50%. I’m going to try to knock some out this morning.

Tessa February 14, 2017 at 11:36 AM

Happy V Day. *grins*

Bev I saw your mention just now regarding the bookstore. I live about three hundred miles away from there. :) I live in the Silicon Valley near San Francisco, and that’s all the way in LA. When I visit down south, I go past it to Orange County. From there, it’s visitation, but not here.

Speaking of where we live, I hope Anne Bishop comes back to San Jose. Last time, I didn’t know until the day before. Sadly I had plans I couldn’t cancel. If she comes back, though, I’ll be there! (She was only 10 miles away! *sob*)

Ela February 14, 2017 at 12:10 PM

HAPPY ALL YOU CAN EAT CHOCOLATES DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leslie M February 14, 2017 at 12:36 PM

Hmmmm…I thought everyday was “eat as much chocolate as you want” day. Perhaps that’s why my clothes don’t fit???

binge eating + binge reading = I need to start exercising

MichelleS February 14, 2017 at 5:46 PM

Happy V Day… LOL

My hubby is out of town, so I’m going to eat a bag of Dove chocolates & pretzels & try to find a swoony book.

Leslie M February 14, 2017 at 6:13 PM

I’m getting ready to have chocolate fondue!!

Cheryl February 14, 2017 at 10:51 PM

HVD!!!! Hope it was sweet!!

Banshee sounds interesting. ;)