Yesterday, we rang in the new year with new book releases, and today we have the first Author NEWS of the new year. Lots of good things coming for all of us!
P.S. I’m reading Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher’s upcoming release “Never Never” (an ARC) and I’m LOVING it. I can’t figure out what’s going on (it’s got a bit of that creep-factor going on… like a Twilight Zone-y version of a modern day Romeo & Juliette BUT NOT paranormal!!). Wait… that sounds weird but it’s so much better than that. A little crazy-mind-messery (yesssssss I tried to not say mind-f**kery <— Tee hee!!!) amongst my YA/NA potential love story is just fine with me! Now I’m only halfway through so who knows where this is going and how it will end, but I’m having SO much fun!!!
So yes! Good news! Such as…
- Karen Marie Moning reports some early copies of Burned: Fever Series Book 7 having been erroneously released, and requests if you’ve seen one, and/or read one… please NO SPOILERS!!! Lots and LOTS of big things happen in Burned so NO SPOILERS:
“BURNED SPOILERS! (Bet that got your attention, LOL) Okay, guys, it’s getting to be that time again. You’ve all been so terrific in the past about protecting other fan’s reading experiences but I just heard some early copies have leaked out (and no, I’m not telling you where to find them, because publisher support for a series is tied to first week sales–your vote weighs in with that purchase!) So far those folks who’ve received them have been absolute champs (I love you guys!) about not posting spoilers. There are some BIG ones in BURNED. This is my personal plea to you all to remember much of the joy of reading is the discovery process…please protect other fans from unwanted spoilers.”
- Karen Marie Moning also announces some SIGNED copies of Burned: Fever Series Book 7 at Books A Million!!! I’m not sure if they are in the brick and mortar stores or only the online store. Maybe both?
- Colleen Hoover announces the pre-order cancellation of Never Never and explains why (P.S. It’s coming out this weekend!!! January 11th 2015) While it was initially to be a standalone, they’re on a writing roll, with this story and therefore… there have been some changes to their plans: Here’s a tiny bit from the explanation:
“We don’t want everyone to be charged for preorders when it was initially announced that this would be a standalone. We recognize readers have different tastes, and some readers don’t like to purchase books when they know they are part of a series. We wouldn’t feel right leaving up the preorder when some of you may feel this way.”
- Karina Halle has received some AWESOME NEWS!! The Pact is #5 on the NYT Best Sellers list AND #19 on the USA TODAY list!! *SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!* Congratulations Karina!!! She says:
“A friend just tagged me in this. Holy shit! I was hoping hoping hoping I would make USA Today but imagined it would be at #60 if I was lucky (my previous high was #88 for Shooting Scars). But OMG! Top 20 on USA Today…this is insane!!!!! Thank you guys so much!!”
I have even better news. I’m still processing it, but today I officially become a NYT bestselling author. After writing and releasing so many books, I just never thought it was in the cards for me but today my dreams came true. THANK YOU EVERYONE for taking a chance on something different from me, for recommending this to your friends, for your great reviews, and for loving Steph and Linden. I love YOU guys oh so much! TIME TO CELEBRATE!!!! The Pact is at #5 on NYT!!!!
- Jennifer L. Armentrout has gotten yet another big book deal!! She is rocking the YA and NA world! She says:
“I’ve been getting asked recently if I will be writing more YA books since Every Last Breath that comes out in July 2015 is my last contracted YA book, and the answer is Yes. Yes, I will be writing more YA books!”
- Jennifer L. Armentrout also just released the book cover AND BLURB for her upcoming NA release “Scorched” (which is the companion novel to “Frigid“). Here’s the blurb:
Scorched is a companion novel (follow up) to Frigid.Sometimes life leaves a mark.Most days, Andrea doesn’t know whether she wants to kiss Tanner or punch him in the gut. He is seriously hot, with legit bedroom eyes and that firefighter body of his, but he’s a major player, and he never cuts her any slack.But when her life spirals out of control, he’s there for her. The only problem is, no one else can save her… only she can save herself.
- Jamie Dornan speaks about the real focus of the “Fifty Shades” story. ‘Love Story Is More Important Than the BDSM’ (<— read the entire article here on “The Wrap”)
- Lora Leigh updates us on her progress on her latest “Bengal” book. It would appear some want to neuter him. *snort!!!* (Here is the Breed Series Reading Order). She says:
“Bengal’s Quest is almost finished. I just passed the halfway mark of version number twelve. Yes, I’m hanging my head in shame here. I’ve been fighting this darned Bengal for a year now. He’s given me migraines, caused me to pull my hair out, and his heroine threatened to neuter him. Why do the Bengal’s have to give me so much trouble? I mean, I gave them like extra superpowers and everything. And this one? Oh now, he just takes the cake. I might help his heroine neuter him…Yes, I’m pouting. He’s being very mean to me.”
- Tara Sivec is exciting about her upcoming release Branded (Ignite Trilogy #2)! She says: “5 days!!! I can’t wait for you guys to read about DJ and Phina!”
- Kristen Proby also posted her upcoming release pre-order on Amazon —> Easy Love (The Boudreaux Series Book 1)
- And did you guys know THIS one was coming out soon? J.B. Salsbury‘s A Father’s Fight: Blake and Layla #2 (The Fighting Series Book 5) will be released January 26th 2015!! Here is the Fighting Series Reading Order (MMA FIGHTERS!! And SOOOO many LOVE IT!)
- H.P. Mallory informs us that while her upcoming book (The Scent (The Bryn And Sinjin Series Book 2) appears to be cancelled, it’s not. She says:
I’m not sure why you got a notice that The Scent was canceled. It hasn’t been canceled, it’s just been postponed. I don’t have a new release date yet but I just wanted to let you know that it will still be coming out! Don’t worry!!!