16 Friday Finds & Reader Recommendations – July 21st 2017

by Maryse on July 21, 2017 · 81 comments

in eBook Deals

SATURDAY MORNING BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! Wheeeeeee!!!! surprised Look what latest book by Stephen King just went on super-sale!!!! ➔➔➔➔➔ Gwendy’s Button Box!!! I one-clicked it SO HARD! Omg that blurb gave me the heebie-jeebies and it has awesome reviews. “One day, a stranger calls to Gwendy: “Hey, girl. Come on over here for a bit. We ought to palaver, you and me.” On a bench in the shade sits a man in black jeans, a black coat like for a suit, and a white shirt unbuttoned at the top. On his head is a small neat black hat. The time will come when Gwendy has nightmares about that hat…” eek

<— HAPPY FRIDAY FINDS DAY!!! A few just went live, and I have some great recommendations (including some feedback on a few recent releases). :D

Okay I’m staring us off with my VERY OWN recommendation. The Darkest Sunrise (The Darkest Sunrise Duet Book 1) <— This is a MUST READ!!! It is… everything!!!

Maryse: I just want to announce that I’m ABSOLUTELY in love with this book. This author always manages to rock my world (her characters and stories are wonderfully multi-faceted, and this one had my jaw dropping. I LOVE where it went… ABSOLUTELY 5 stars!!! *oooooooof!!!* My review is coming next! :D  And I am DEVOURING book #2 ASAP!

Angie: OMG. I LOVE this one too. Bk #2 is on my kindle, but I am sick over the thought of what’s going to happen and haven’t started reading it. I’m such a wimp. Hahahahahahah.

Maryse: We should buddy read!

Bardee: I just finished The Darkest Sunrise….eeeeekkkk…what an emotional roller coaster in the best of ways! So so good…How am I gonna wait 8 days to read The Brightest Sunset?!?!

Maryse: Bardee!!! I LOVED IT!!!!! DYING for the next one !!!! yes. Lots of exclamation points but they’re warranted.

Amy: Maryse, how was The Darkest Sunset? Did it end as well as it was going for you earlier?

Maryse: Amy. It did. Darkest Sunset is AWESOME and I can’t wait to jump into #2 (which I HAVE to). HAVE. TO. If you get my drift. ;)

Take a look at what we found for the weekend!! :D

• Swink by Adriana Locke <— LIVE!!! THEY’RE FROM OPPOSITE SIDES OF THE TRACK ALERT!! ;) “t’s obvious I’m that guy. Dominic Hughes. Her attempt at rebellion. Her bid to see what the other side of the tracks feel like. I’m okay with being used because, from where I’m sitting, the other side of the tracks have never looked so good…”
  • Elusive (Shipwreck Book 1) by L.A. Fiore <— L.A. FIORE’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! HE’S A MODERN DAY PIRATE… and it’s a standalone. “Eight years later, I can’t get her out of my head. It is a mistake sailing to her island. It is a mistake reaching out to her. She doesn’t recognize me. Or maybe she does. Closure, it is all I’m after. Then my past comes back to haunt me…”
  • Hooked by Brenda Rothert <— HOCKEY STAR SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! She’s becomes his housekeeper…Even though I’m broke, putting myself through college, and working two jobs, I’m trying to make the best of it. Meanwhile, Jake Birch, hockey’s hottest bad boy, lives in a luxury hotel in downtown Chicago—and still complains about every little thing in his penthouse. But after I tell him off, instead of getting me fired, Jake requests me as his personal housekeeper…”
  • The Hang Up (First Impressions) by Tawna Fenske <— SUPER-BARGAIN!! SHE’S TRYING TO CLEAN UP HIS IMAGE ALERT!! “PR specialist Miriam Ashley makes her living cleaning up bad boys. Mountain climber-turned-CEO Jason Sanders should be an easy fix. And with a nephew to care for, he’s motivated…”
  • The Iron Tiara: A Nine Minutes Spin-Off Novel by Beth Flynn <— BETH FLYNN’S RECENT BIKER SERIES SPINOFF RELEASE and we have feedback!!
Kim: Just finished The Iron Tiara by Beth Flynn ~ absolutely freaking amazing!!! If you read Nine Minutes this is a MUST read. I was jumping up and down once I finished it!!!
  • After You: A Sapphire Falls Novel by Erin Nicholas <— SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! But at first, it’s a fake-out! “…It’s only for six weeks. Surely Hannah can survive living in her hometown and helping her grandmother for six short weeks. If she doesn’t leave the house more than necessary. And puts on a show of being the same girl everyone remembers. And absolutely avoids Kyle Ames.  But that strategy evaporates the moment she sees Kyle again...”
  • American Queen by Sierra Simone <— SEXY TRIO ALERT!! Tessa has brought this sexy series back with her love for it!

Tessa: I finished reading American Queen and OMG, I loved it. Not just because it was hot, but because of the emotions and everything that happened. … I will say, if you anyone reads American Queen, try to avoid the prologue until later. I’ll even tell you where later. That ruins a little of the unknown. Amy, read it.  :P

Julie: I’ve read American Queen and loved it. Don’t be scared. Really good.

Annie: Right now I have started Arjay Lewis’ Fire in the Mind and I love it. You have the paranormal and the mind games it’s perfect. It’s a series and book 2 coming out in August I think looks better then this one! arjaylewis.com for it’s info. It’s a huge recommendation for those that like a little mystery and paranormal read.

• You Never Know by Mary Calmes <— M/M ROMANCE! SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT! “...Mitch returned for three reasons: to raise his sons where he grew up, to move his furniture business and encourage it to thrive, and to win Hagen back. Years away made it perfectly clear the young man he loved in high school is the only one for him. The problem? He left town and they have not talked since...”
  • Trust by Kylie Scott <— FEEDBACK ON KYLIE SCOTT’S LATEST!! Julie recommends it!
Julie: BTW I finished Trust by Kylie Scott and really liked. More of a mature YA book. Sometimes nice to read those and get away from all the hot and heavy sex scenes all the time. Not saying I don’t like but kind of nice to see it “high school”. Even tho we did all that stuff in high school the nitty gritty is not written down. Would definitely recommend.
  • To Hate Adam Connor by <– Ella Maise <— FAMOUS SINGLE FATHER ACTOR IS HER NEW NEIGHBOR ALERT!!! Tessa says we need to read it!
  • Tessa: Alright, everyone go and read To Hate Adam Connor. Total happy Swoonfest! I didn’t want to stop reading it, and seriously stayed up a little late last night not wanting to stop. Well, then fell asleep anyway because I was tired.  :P Seriously, go read it! And if you haven’t read To Love Jason Thorne, read that one too.
  • Chasing Destiny (Silver Tip Pack Book 2) by Megan Erickson <— M/M ROMANCE!!!
  • LOGAN: Cowboy Bodyguard (Alpha Male Master Series Book 4) by Maggie Carpenter
  • Smolder Road (Scorch Series Romance Thriller Book 6) by Toby Neal and Emily Kimelman
  • The Bars Between Us by A.S. Teague <— SHE’S ALL CLASS & HE’S ALL BAD BOY BARTENDER ALERT!…I don’t have a damn thing in common with the beautiful rich girl who walks into my bar; she’s southern class, fancy cars, and designer shoes. I’ve got a drunk for a mother, a cheater for a father, and a reputation for trouble I’ve more than earned. I look the other way, pretending I don’t notice how perfect she is. She wouldn’t give me the time of day anyway. Until she shatters that first impression…”
  • The Idea of You: A Novel by Robinne Lee <— FORBIDDEN LOVE ALERT!! Yep!!!! Back on the list again, ’cause everyone is STILL loving it! Bianca’s back and she’s on a roll!
Bianca: So after i emailed you on Friday night, I had to keep the momentum going (even though it was like 1am here in Australia)!! I started reading The Idea of You and it was so so so good!! Every time I finish a great read and I have that need to jump into another great book without a rest period, I always ask myself ‘what are the chances I’m going to like this???’ Let’s hope I can back it up with an equally good third book.
  • Some Will Not Sleep: Selected Horrors by Adam Nevill <— THE COVER GAVE ME THE HEEBS ALERT!! It’s a COLLECTION OF SHORT HORROR STORIES with great reviews. Even Stephen King is mentioned in the accolades… and it’s a Kindle Daily deal today.

AUDIOBOOK L:DVERS

For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>

• AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!

1. The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis <— MULTIPLE NARRATORS!!

Jennifer recommends it! “I’m listening to the audio version of The Female of the Species and it’s awesome. Three different voices for P.K., Jack, and Alex. I highly recommend it.”

Anna: I read this one a few months back. Went in blind except for a few friends strongly encouraging me to read it, and absolutely loved it. I felt like it addressed some important topics in interesting ways in addition to being a great read. I also recommend the audiobook version which is really well narrated by multiple narrators for those of you who enjoy listening to your books.

PREORDERS (next week’s!!! :D )

1. Malentendido (Misunderstood) by Mara White – July 22nd 2017
  2. When I Need You (The Need You Series) by Lorelei James – July 25th 2017
  3. The Difference Between Us: An Opposites Attract Novel by Rachel Higginson – July 25th 2017
  4. Wildfire: A Hidden Legacy Novel by Ilona Andrews – July 25th 2017
  5. All or Nothing at All (The Billionaire Builders Book 3) by Jennifer Probst - July 25th 2017
  6. Say No More (Gravediggers Book 3) by Liliana Hart – July 25th 2017
  7. Accidental Sire (Half-Moon Hollow Series) by Molly Harper - July 25th 2017
  8. Cross Check: A Bayard Hockey Novel by Kelly Jamieson - July 25th 2017
  9. When I Need You (The Need You Series) by Lorelei James - July 25th 2017
  10. Whiskey Sharp: Unraveled by Lauren Dane - July 25th 2017
  11. Fall by Eden Butler – July 25th 2017
  12. The Difference Between Us: An Opposites Attract Novel by Rachel Higginson – July 25th 2017
  13. The Brightest Sunset (The Darkest Sunrise Duet Book 2) by Aly Martinez  - July 27th 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2018!)

Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).

Ela July 21, 2017 at 6:15 AM

Happy Friday everyone!

Maryse July 21, 2017 at 6:20 AM

Happy Friday Ela!!!!!! :D What are you reading this weekend?

marina July 21, 2017 at 6:39 AM

Can’t wait for “The Difference between Us” on the 25th!!! And “The Brightest Sunrise” next week!!!! This weekend I’m reading “Behind Her Eyes” (Maryse have you read it? Stephen King rec) and also have “Caraval” from the library. I also started the sample for Beautiful Mistake. Also wtg anxiously to read Final Girls. Going on a girls getaway this weekend so will hv some alone audio book time during the drive but still so many books!!!! Oh also finished Atheists who Kneel and Pray and loved it! I love all things Tarryn Fisher… What are you reading???

marina July 21, 2017 at 6:48 AM

Oops just realized you were asking Ela what she was reading and not a general question for all. I just woke up and was reading with one eye open on my phone. Maybe shouldn’t comment so early!!! Anyway, sorry for that long reply!! Now I need coffee…

Maryse July 21, 2017 at 7:28 AM

Oh I want EVERYONE to tell me what they’re reading this weekend, marina.

I LOVE your reply. :D !!!! I’m actually going to go through it to check out a few you mentioned.

*hug*

You can comment ANY time you want, my friend.

marina July 21, 2017 at 9:21 AM

Aaawwww love you Maryse!! Always!! I was just quickly going through email and saw Penelope Ward has a new book coming out, not soon enough, Aug. 21, but the premise seriously stopped me in my ‘getting ready for girls weekend’ tracks. If you haven’t yet but get a chance to read the summary, it’s called “Drunk Dial”. Wowza. I’d be reading it this weekend if I could! The cover may have lured me in too!!! Ummmmmm way hot. (maybe too young? but maybe it goes with story, and still, those EYES. I’m having a Ricochet flashback experience with it.) I think I’m a bit loopy today…. xoxoxo

Northernstar July 21, 2017 at 10:19 AM

Hello everyone and TGIF.
I just started the audio version of B.A. Paris – Behind Closed doors. Creepy. I went back into my older TBR list and just finished Amanda Dick’s – In The Shadow of Satellites (excellent and beautifully written) and After You by Jojo Moyes. I felt like Louisa’s story is not quite finished and I look forward to the third book – I think it due in early 2018. I can’t decide what my next read will be ….something light and fun maybe Alice Clayton’s – Buns. I loved her first two books. * waving bye-bye*

Ela July 21, 2017 at 11:20 AM

So as I finished my July #’s pick and was quite disappointed even though I loved Nine Minutes and even book 2, book 3 killed it for me sadly… I chose to pick up an Alexa Riley – Curvy and loving it….I love her short quick smut reads.

What are you reading Maryse?

Maryse July 21, 2017 at 11:36 AM

I’m reading the next in the Aly Martinez duet. I have an early copy, and there is NO WAY I can keep myself from reading it after THAT ending… I can’t wait!!

Maryse July 21, 2017 at 11:37 AM

I need to read those, Northernstar. I LOVE Alice Clayton!!!

Maryse July 21, 2017 at 11:38 AM

marina THAT COVER!!!! HOLY. MOLY. PERFECTION. I will definitely be reading that because the premise is exactly what I’m in the mood for. I wish it was coming out sooner…

Jean July 21, 2017 at 12:35 PM

Maryse! No fair! I want The Brightest Sunset like yesterday! Counting the days!

Marina, how about that cover for Drunk Dial?!?! HOT, HOT. HOT!!!!!

Not sure what I’ll be reading this weekend, maybe One True Loves for my reading challenge!

Leslie M July 21, 2017 at 12:42 PM

Marina, I was thinking I’d sober dial the guy on that cover!!!

Grey July 21, 2017 at 12:53 PM

Moving on to A Court of Wings and Ruin… *darts into the blankie fort* *holds up SEND WINE sign*

bev July 21, 2017 at 1:48 PM

Almost August already.:(
I LOVE fall and winter but….

Haven’t been reading too much but 3 nights of bad sleep so that may be why.

So in the name of 3….

3 books you want to finally read before summer is over?

3 small (I know many have big ones) summer activities?

bev July 21, 2017 at 1:59 PM

3 books

1. Roses and Rot by Kat Howard
Seems like it will be atmospheric, maybe gothic? Big house on the cover and books that take place in those big old houses can be fun.
2. All In by Simona Ahrnstedt. I’d love to go to Sweden. So a little armchair travel.
3. Roanoke Girls. Waiting for me at the library. A little summer mystery. I would also just like to do a random library pull to read.

Activities:
1. Bring one of these reads to a park and read and people watch most of the day.
2. Get a short bob and highlights and not over think it too much.
3. Weed ….general yard maintenance then plant a ton of fall bulbs.

Grey July 21, 2017 at 2:31 PM

Oooh, I love these posts, bev, you’re the best!

Can I cheat? I haven’t gotten to start A Court of Wings and Ruin yet… No? Ok… think, think, think.

3 Books~
1) Hideaway by Penelope Douglas (Happy birthday to me!)
2) Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout
Yikes…this is hard. I have a couple ARC’s that I am waiting on too…. but… hmm, one that I already have…
3) Bad Mommy by Tarryn Fisher

3 Activities~
1) Walk in the creek like I did when I was little….
2) I must get my highlights updated… but no drastic cut for me. My curls insist on being long.
3) high school reunion (ack!)

R. Renee July 21, 2017 at 2:38 PM

Books that don’t have to be present tense:
1. Road Tripped by Nicole Archer
2. When Life Happened by Jewel E. Ann
3. Wish You Were Here by Renee Carlino

Things:
1. Watch a movie. Any movie.
2. Sleep in my own bed.
3. Take the boat out.

R. Renee July 21, 2017 at 2:39 PM

Ugh. My HS reunion is tonight, but I’m not going to make it.

Jean July 21, 2017 at 2:50 PM

Omg, this is too hard…..there are so many books I want to read before the summer’s done. But I’ll go back to some oldies that I’ve really been wanting to get to:
1. Gabriel’s Inferno
2. Lover Reborn
3. Seducing Destiny
(I was going to also say “the book which shall not be named”…..which I’ve been wanting to read to see what all the hype is about)……you guys know which book, right?

Activities:
1. Trips from New Jersey to Delaware by boat! So fun!!
2. Beach, toes in the sand, drink and book in my hands, with no interruptions!
3. Sleep – I love to sleep!
(R, looks like we have a lot in common!)

R. Renee July 21, 2017 at 2:53 PM

We do! #1. GI included! The book that shan’t be named, not so much. But boating and sleep, definitely!

Northernstar July 21, 2017 at 3:08 PM

Oh, Maryse, you have to read Alice Clayton’s – Hudson Valley series. I loved the independent and strong women in the books. Soooooo good.

In order 1) Nuts 2) Cream of the Crop 3) Buns
The theme of this series is *pull head out of the gutter * food!
LOL

bev July 21, 2017 at 3:28 PM

Grey, I am just glad you all join in.
I have 2 Maas books each a start to a series, really need to start them.

R..movies, yes. I didn’t go today but will go. I want to try and hit a couple before summer ends. I love going in on a hot hot day.

Jean, you are so lucky with the boat.
Do you ever pretend to be Washington?
Please play this next time, the part that says “Here comes the General” on repeat and stand at the prow.

Jean July 21, 2017 at 3:30 PM

LMAO bev……ummmm no I don’t pretend to be Washington!

I have 2 Maas books to start of series too…..need to get to them!

Grey July 21, 2017 at 3:56 PM

OMG, you guys! You have to start! Like today, right now. *giggle* Sorry. *stepping off soapbox* (I can’t start ACOWAR yet because if I do, no one will eat dinner tonight LOL) Actually, you should probably ask the other girls, I don’t know if one of Maas’ series is “better” than the other. I went with A Court of Thorns and Roses series over the Throne of Glass because I had those ones on my kindle. I’ll be going to the library for the other.

Sharon July 21, 2017 at 4:24 PM

Strange – my comment from the morning disappeared! I finished Unrequeited and switched things up and am doing a reread of JR Ward’s The Shadows.

marina July 21, 2017 at 6:15 PM

OMG love that u gals agree on the hotness of the cover!!! The combo of that cover with the synopsis does crazy things! Love that you would sober dial Leslie! Sarah Maas… I am on book 3 with both series!!! Was in deep for the last months but with both series she does a bait and switch with book 3′s. So I’m on hold but will go back to both series sometime! Loved Mist and Fury!!! Maryse so jealous of you right now!!!! But looking forward to your review!!

Jean July 21, 2017 at 6:29 PM

Grey, you are making me want to start ACOTAR this weekend! Might be just the change I need.

bev July 21, 2017 at 7:48 PM
Tessa July 21, 2017 at 9:29 PM

In the order I’m going to read them:

1. Ashes of Honor by Seanan McGuire
2. Wildfire by Ilona Andrews
3. Hideaway by Penelope Douglas

Things to do this weekend:

1. Go to the library, taco bell, playground, then home. (lol every Sat)
2. Swimming
3. Read and hopefully sleep in on Sun. (I’m shooting for 8am!)

Jean, they are different in that ACOTAR is more adult and Throne of Glass starts relatively YA (not mental whining, just lack of sexy times).

I am done binging the October Daye series for now. I have to wait until tomorrow to get the next book from the library. I LOVE fae and this is pure catnip. Nope, not much romance, but pure UF and fae!! Lots of fae!!

Jan July 21, 2017 at 11:00 PM

bev I want to read All In as well. I’ve added it to my GR pick-for-me challenge list.

It’s midwinter here. COLD nights but some sunny days (like today – beautiful!) This weekend:
1. Do some knitting on a pair of socks I’m trying to knit. Yup. LOL. I know. The first sock is partly done and looks kinda sorta okay???? so far. I’ve been knitting it while watching series 1 of The Magicians, which is turning out a bit too YA for my tastes. There’s also a bee-archy bully girl :/ Maybe my sock’s a bit wonky cos I’m watching TV at the same time?
2. Pop in to the library and see what fresh meat they have. *rubs hands in gleeful anticipation*
3. Check out kindle models (online) and maybe order a new one. *squeee of excitement* My current one is starting to show its age and I do use it pretty hard ;)

bev July 21, 2017 at 11:17 PM

I want to learn to knit.

Jan July 21, 2017 at 11:31 PM

Well, maybe wait till winter. It’s too hot to knit in summer, at least it is here. There’s lots of youtubes and stuff to show how to do it, although sometimes it’s better to get an actual person to show you LOL. And the ravelry.com website is kinda like FB for knitters and crocheters. It’s free to join, and a fabulous site to just scroll through for inspiration.

Kooloo July 21, 2017 at 11:53 PM

Maryse!!!!! I am soooo jel’ you already have “The Brightest Sunset”

Kooloo July 21, 2017 at 11:56 PM

And hey I thought you were gonna read The Idea of You by Robinne Lee! Well just FYI it’s an ugly cry

Kooloo July 22, 2017 at 12:05 AM

Oh and I’m just finishing up a audiobook marathon lol it’s great because you can get so much done and still your book lurv on!!!

You have to check out the “A Discovery of Witches” series by Deborah Harkness and narrated by the Amazzzing Jenifer Ikeda!!!!!! That girl can do accents – like all of them sooooo good

Melinda July 22, 2017 at 5:30 AM

Ooooh I just read Beautiful Mistake by Vi Keeland in a day, I loved it that much. A bit like Tessa and To Hate Adam Thorn. I loved that book too Tessa I was the same. Walking around with the book. Running to do something then come back to read another page.

My next read is Gabriel’s inferno. But I cant wait for the new book by Penelope ward.

Julie o July 22, 2017 at 5:52 AM

Have never read Gabriel’s Inferno. Is it really a must read? What book is it kind of like? Who does the hero remind you of? Had it on my kindle for awhile.

Leslie M July 22, 2017 at 7:37 AM

Julie, when GI first came out everyone was saying it was 50 Shades-ish. I did not find it anything like 50. I actually didn’t like it…too slow & boring for me. But sooooo many people loved it, so don’t go by me. I am notoriously picky. ;)

Leslie M July 22, 2017 at 7:49 AM

My “three’s”

1. Beautiful Mistake by Vi Keeland
2. The Forbidden by Jodi Ellen Malpas
3. Tangled Lies series by Pam Godwin

1. Family trip to the zoo
2. Family trip on train to Boston
3. Mom/son bike rides (and try to convince hubs that biking is fun)

Tessa July 22, 2017 at 9:53 AM

Gabriel’s Inferno is definitely not 50 Shades. lol It’s a teacher/ student romance and a very slow burn. 50 was HOT, and this one, well, it’s not really. It’s more romance.

Maryse July 22, 2017 at 9:55 AM

LOL Kooloo!! You are so right about that one supposed to be my NEXT. I want it to be my next. But then I read the Aly Martinez one and that ending had me scrambling. I HAVE to read the follow up.

Maryse July 22, 2017 at 9:58 AM

Melinda that one (Beautiful Mistake) everyone is going CRAZY for. And I love that premise. LOL!!! Thank you for the feedback on it.

Tessa July 22, 2017 at 9:59 AM

You know, I read the first book to Swink, Sway, and I honestly don’t remember it. I read a few reviews and only a tiny bit is remembered. *sighs* I hate when that happens.

Kooloo July 22, 2017 at 11:35 AM

Maryse!!!! Like I said sooo jel you got the ARC I would be devouring that book toooooo.
Buttttttt I just received the ARC for Guzzi Deut #2 by Bethany-Kris who is Canadian like us Yahoo!!!!!! I’ll keep you posted *Wink Wink*

Julie o July 22, 2017 at 2:45 PM

Thanks for update on Gabriel’s Inferno. There are a couple of other books calling to me right now. But will keep that one in mind bc so many of you liked it.
Thanks again.

bev July 22, 2017 at 3:57 PM

Train to Boston, that sounds awesome Leslie. I’d love to do a train journey.
The one into the highlands or the one over the alps. Or over the Rockies. Or the Orient Express that goes between London and Venice? Or to Istanbul.
I sort of want to get a bike. One of those cute beach cruisers.

Maryse, where is your review?

bev July 22, 2017 at 3:58 PM

Ok. I want to see if I can do 8 booms in the next 2 weeks. Easy peasy for some of you, lol. But it will get me to 100.

Tessa July 22, 2017 at 4:06 PM

Kooloo, I read the Discovery of Witches series (loved it!). I imagine that it’s probably interesting if the narrator can do all those accents.

Kooloo July 22, 2017 at 7:01 PM

Tessa!!!! Para is not really my thang Buttttt that audiobook with That narrator blew my mind – def movie material
Yup yup

Janet July 22, 2017 at 8:44 PM

GREAT recommendation – The Darkest Sunrise – thank you! Great characters, great romance, predictably unpredictably predictable (that won’t make sense until you read it). A roller coaster! And, thank the heavens only 5 days til the sequel comes out.

Janet July 22, 2017 at 8:54 PM

Meant to say, in the meantime, I’m going read My Beautiful Mistake. I’ve read a couple of Vi Keeland’s books before, and really enjoyed them. The cover of ‘The Baller” nearly made me fall off my chair!

Grey July 22, 2017 at 9:16 PM

I’m all done in the Court… I’m taking Manny and 2 Godiva bars and I’m going in the blankie fort. I have a huge case of the sadz…

Melinda July 22, 2017 at 11:22 PM

Gabriel’s inferno is free that’s why I was going to read it or $1.99. I have sooooo many books I have bought I am going from one to the next not knowing which one to read next. I have to stop buying them. But I might just buy Darkest Sunrise.

Jan July 23, 2017 at 12:02 AM

Haha Melinda. ‘I have to stop buying them……… BUT I might just buy Darkest Sunrise’.

It’s a disease. (I think we’ve all got it).

Jan July 23, 2017 at 12:03 AM

Melinda your avatar is like some weirda$$ little devil with, what’s that? A trumpet? Or just a grey tongue?

Leslie M July 23, 2017 at 10:09 AM

Buying too many books disease? Yup, we all def have that. Hee hee

Bev, the train to Boston isn’t too exciting as I live in central Mass and commuter train goes thru my town. But my son has never ridden it and driving into Boston is drama. It would be super exciting to take train to NYC. Bikes are so fun! You totally need to get one. We have mountain bikes as park near my house is dirt trails. I wanted a cute, pink cruiser though.

Janet, I just started Beautiful Mistake and *hubba hubba* to The Baller cover. ;)

Tessa July 23, 2017 at 11:37 AM

Bev, I am with you. I want a bike, but a 10 speed, not a cruiser. I saw one I would have gone insane for that someone else was riding. It was mint green and purple! It was so pretty.

The bike shop near me has a forest green one, but it’s 350. I’ve seen bikes for way less and better quality. Maybe a bday present to myself this year?

Cheryl July 23, 2017 at 12:03 PM

Finished To Hate Adam Connor. Loved it and I may have loved it more than To Love Jason Thorn. Great books and highly recommend. Funny, no angst.

Now what to read.
Bev, for you.

To read:
1. Penelope Ward new one
2. Aly Martinez duet
3. Beautiful Mistake

To do:
1. Go for a run with my son
2. Put the last touch on the kitchen makeover
3. Read all day

Kooloo July 23, 2017 at 12:49 PM

Melinda lol Jan is right!!!! Your avatar is bleep’d up
Anyone known how we can change them….

Kooloo July 23, 2017 at 12:51 PM

Ela! Leslie! Bev! R Renne!
How did you change your avatar?!?
Thanks

Tasha J July 23, 2017 at 2:03 PM

1. One Plus One- Jojo Moyes
2. Sugar and Gold- Emma Scott
3. Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine- Gail Honeyman

1. Finish watching Parenthood
2. Put in some fun time at the pool. It’s been non stop swim team for 2 months straight, we’ve not had much downtime there
3. Go to the fair
But, I’m the opposite. I’m SO ready for summer to be over. I like fall clothing better, colors, foods, a little cooler weather, and school!! I’m ready to be back on schedule and get into a routine again. This summer has been the busiest summer ever so far and I’m ready to move on. Just 4 weeks left!

Leslie M July 23, 2017 at 2:11 PM

Kooloo, Maryse has directions to change avatar. I am sure she will chime in soon with them for you. Sorry, I cant remember.

D.G. July 23, 2017 at 2:11 PM

Just finished The Idea of You…and I am heartbroken!!! I want it to work exactly how I want and that just didn’t happen…I need a Remi or Tack or Travis about right now…

Jean July 23, 2017 at 2:17 PM

Grey, are you sad because you are done the Court series? Please don’t tell me there is a sad ending. I am almost done book 1 and loving it!

bev July 23, 2017 at 2:21 PM

Kooloo, it is through WordPress. Sign in and it is your profile picture.

Tasha, I love fall to. When that first change is in the air…..love.
However it does mean more work.
I kinda want to buy a new fall/winter wardrobe.

Cheryl, read all day…yes. I think we all should do a 12 hour marathon some day.;)

Tessa July 23, 2017 at 2:27 PM

It ended. :)

Grey July 23, 2017 at 2:46 PM

Jean… Yay! *throws glitter* no spoilers from me, that’s not how I roll, lol! I just have the sadz because I pounded back this epic series (something ridiculous like 2000 pages) in 4 days, and now I’m done, haha! Total book foggy hangover! I am sooo excited you are reading it!! I can’t wait to see which “Team” you wind up on, lol!

I moved on to Love Me in the Dark by Mia Asher.

Tasha J July 23, 2017 at 2:59 PM

I had thought after school ended I’d have a little less work, not the case at all. It’s been non stop go go go. We ended with a dance recital, jumped into softball, Girl Scout camp, bible school, swim team, flag football. Library summer reading program and activities, grad parties, boating, a couple trips, babysitting, couple festivals, sleepovers and campfires, potty training, everyday cleaning and appts. and what not. I’m over it. Lol. Bring on homework and lunches and I’m game. It’ll still be just as busy, I know, but I’m excited to get back into more of a groove. This is the year I’m putting my toddler into a couple activities too, so it’ll be something a little different than our normal to adjust to.

Jean July 23, 2017 at 3:05 PM

I am loving it Grey and know I will be doing a marathon of the series. Is each book a different character? I just wish I could read as fast as you!

bev July 23, 2017 at 5:09 PM

Ela just posted all of Anne of Green Gables series on GR to read or is reading.

Ok.

Deep Breath

Calm Down.

Grey July 23, 2017 at 6:36 PM

Sigh… Don’t be in a hurry to finish, Jean. I wish I hadn’t I inhaled them quite so fast! I literally did nothing but read for days, it was blissful! My lips are sealed… You’ll see… *giggle*

Tasha, I hear ya on the kid activities front. Football starts for us starting tomorrow… We have a camp and life as I have known it for the past few weeks…is over, lol!

bev, awe I remember reading those.

Jan July 23, 2017 at 6:47 PM

DG said “I need a Remi or Tack or Travis about right now…”

LOL DG. I feel your pain. It’s not really that often we read a book and the H is totally swoonworthy and memorable, is it?

I need a Candyman, or Nathaniel Gascoigne, or Will Sumner….. ;)

Linda July 23, 2017 at 8:41 PM

Highly recommend my weekend reads!!! Beautiful Mistake and Whispered Prayers of A Girl by Alex Grayson. Both were unputdownable!!!

Julie o July 24, 2017 at 3:34 AM

Remi, Tack, and Travis. Those were the days! That’s about the time I hooked up with Maryse. Thankyou Maryse.

Linda July 24, 2017 at 6:00 AM

Oh yeah those were the days. I have to add Christian, Colton and Jesse Ward too!!! Loving our memorable alphas.

Julie o July 24, 2017 at 3:14 PM

Tate, Kellan and Gabriel

marina July 24, 2017 at 5:35 PM

Ok, Grey and Jean now I NEED to pick up Court of Wings and Ruin today. I was bummed with how it began after COMAF (which I thought was AWESOME) and am nervous too from your reaction Grey that it will be sad in the end. I really hope not. Is it the finale or is she writing more? I’m excited to get into that world again!!!

Jean July 25, 2017 at 6:37 AM

Marina, I don’t think Grey was sad because of the ending. I think she was just sad the series ended.

marina July 25, 2017 at 9:10 AM

Ok, glad to hear Jean! So it is the end, thanks for clearing up!

Grey July 26, 2017 at 1:03 PM

I think there is another book coming next year… Maybe Maryse can get us more info?? I am just sad that I am done. No spoilers from me. *crosses arms and pouts* stop trying to cheat! :lol: