It seems like a few of us are in a reading-rut this week. Now… there are a TON that I want to read from the latest lists I’ve been posting (I always highlight a few of the book-blurbs that are making me *squirrel* BIG TIME) so I KNOW we’ve got some GREAT reading potential and there has GOT to be quite a few 5-stars in the bunch, right? But looks like some of us have hit a small reading road-bump…
Jillian: NOTHING. I can find NOTHING TO READ!
Megan: How is that possible!?!?!
Andrea: Same here! Started a couple but nothing’s working out
Jillian: I know, right?! I feel naked. And alone. And so very sad.
Maryse’s Book Blog: LOL!! *hug* Hopefully my next one will blow me (and us) away…
Diane: I’m in a rut too, 3 DNF’s I may try a new genre for one book
Anya: Right there with ya! started a couple but can’t seem to finish.
Leanne: Same here
Mindy: I can’t stand it. I NEED a new author. I’ve read EVERYTHING by my favs and am in search of a new one.
*sigh* Yep… so hopefully this list’ll help (and maybe our fellow readers can chime in, in the comments with their tried-and-true favorites… Anyone?
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
AND a reminder: for those accessing my blog via their mobile device (phone or tablet) you’ll notice the look of it has changed (for now, that’s the “mobile compatible” version and I’m hoping we can get it close to the usual “look” while still keeping it “mobile friendly”). On a desktop computer/laptop the look of the blog is the usual one.
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Fuel the Fire (Calloway Sisters) by Krista Ritchie & Becca Ritchie <— JUST RELEASED!!! Hugely popular series (here’s the reading order)
- Consolation (Book One in the Consolation Duet) by Corinne Michaels <— EVERYONE SEEMS TO LOVE IT ALERT! SO MANY awesome 5 star reviews for this recent release!! Darlene says: “Just finished Consolation… Yea cannot wait until end of May” and Toski agrees: “Just finished consolation by Corinne Michaels this morning. Absolutely loved… And Maryse - I had a 3 week reading hangover vacation after you forced me to read The Deal with your 5 star review. Consolation finally fixed me” <— WHOA!!! Okay… that sounds convincing! From the blurb? “He was my husband’s best friend—forbidden. But my husband is dead and I’m alone. I ache for him and I reach for Liam…” Yep. YES.
- Carter by R.J. Lewis <— JUST RELEASED!! UNREQUITED LOVE WITH A ROCK STAR ALERT! “I was a fool in love. From the moment I saw him, Carter Matheson had always been it for me. I just wished he felt the same way…”
- Charge To My Line (The Heroes of The Dixie Wardens MC Book 6) by Lani Lynn Vale <— JUST RELEASED!
- Man Candy by Jessica Intro <— JUST RELEASED!! Debi says: “Man Candy by Jessica Ingro released this week!! I think you’ll love Ben. Author signings is the backdrop to the story!”
- Choose Me (The Archer Brothers Book 2) by Heidi McLaughlin <— Jennifer loves this one! “Book two in the Archer Brothers series and goodness I need a Xanax! Wowza!”
- Here With Me (The Archer Brothers Book 1) by Heidi McLaughlin <— and here’s book #1 SUPER-BARGAIN priced!!! *gasp!!!* OMG THAT BLURB!! “After serving on a special mission with the military for six years, Evan Archer returns home to find the unthinkable – the love of his life, Ryley Clarke – engaged to his brother, Nate…“
- Want (The Fight Club Book 5) by Becca Jameson <— STUDENT-TEACHER/MMA FIGHTER ALERT! JUST RELEASED! ”Conner Bascott is a busy man. He teaches British literature by day, fights MMA in the evenings, and attends a local BDSM club on weekends. The complete package…until a feisty brilliant sprite enters his classroom for the spring semester...”
- What If: The Anthology by Chelle Bliss, M. Mabie, Aly Martinez, Erin Noelle, River Savage, Hilary Storm, Shantel Tessier, Alice Tribue <—JUST RELEASED! (and super-bargain priced). Oh what a fun concept!!!! Some of our favorite books had a little… “change” in this Anthology. “In these eight, never before released, novellas you’ll see what happens when your favorite characters take a different path. A twist on the fictional reality you’ve already read… What if one little decision changed everything? What if?“
- The Final Temptation (Men Of Honor Book 4) by K.C. Lynn <— recently released and Carrie says: “*toddles off to read the happy story of Kayla & Coop from KC Lynn*” LOL!! CUTE!
- The Bet (The Bet Series Book 1) by Rachel Van Dyken <— FAKE FIANCE ALERT (but it’s his BULLY BROTHER that has her attention)! ON SALE and sounds like fun!! “…if that means pretending they’re engaged for her sake-so be it.But Kacey wasn’t counting on Jake’s older brother Travis still being there. She calls him “Satan” for a reason…“
- Predestined Hearts by Kelly Elliott & Kristin Mayer <— HER FAV BOOK EVER ALERT! She says: “I am a avid romance reader. I lean more to the suspense romance then other genes but this book knocked me for a loop. I always hear readers talk ” book hangovers “. I really never knew what that meant. Have books got to me? Yes. Predestined Hearts took every emotion I had inside and made me see it through the book. This book touched me so deeply. I found myself SOBBING out loud. I have never read a book that had me so in love with the characters. It took me two days to read. I had to put the book down and walk away a couple of times. It just hit me so hard. After I finished the book, I had to just sit there. I was in a daze. My chest felt heavy. It was the most incredible book I have ever read. It’s been about 3 days since I read it. I usually read all the time. As of this date, I still can’t start another book yet. This book has left my emotions raw ( in a great way ). I recommend this book to EVERYONE ! It’s a must read. Will I reread it? Yes. Yes. Yes. I will have to give myself time before I do that because my heart is still feeling the heartache and love from this book.This book is my number 1 read. It was truly an amazing journey. Thank you for letting me spill my guts to you…“
- Rome: A Marked Men Novel by Jay Crownover <— VERY interesting price indeed. Haven’t seen THAT before. (Thanks Nancy!)
- Jet: A Marked Men Novel by Jay Crownover <— also bargain priced!!
- Flowers In The Attic (Dollanganger Book 1) by V.C. Andrews <— CLASSIC-TABOO ALERT!!!!!! oooooohhhhh a TABOO gut-wrenching classic from my childhood that marked me for life. And it’s on SUPER-SALE. I’m gonna get it. My old paperback is long gone.
- Happiness for Beginners: A Novel by Katherine Center <— RECENT RELEASE and NOT bargain priced but comes highly recommended by Cynthia. She says: “I just finished a book that was recommended to me by amazon.ca that was really great! I just had to share it with someone. It’s called “Happiness for Beginners” by Katherine Center. It’s about a woman who has been divorced for a year and she ends up signing up for this 3 week wilderness survivor camp to reinvent herself. However her brother’s best friend ends up signing up for the same camp – essentially ruining her plans. The blurb is great but doesn’t do the book justice. Helen, the main character is hilarious with her inner dialogue (I laughed out loud numerous times) and the best friend is so sweet and there were parts that were so touching – I loved it! I even teared up once. I found their interactions really fun, reminding me at times of “The Deal”, another book I absolutely loved. There is a road trip part that sort of reminds me of “the edge of never” although I’m only 62% through that. I stayed up all hours reading it last night and then woke up and had to read through my favourite parts again. I hope you get a chance to read it too and enjoy it as much as I did. “
- Before I Go by Colleen Oakley <— SHE’S DYING AND WANTS TO FIND HER HUSBAND A WIFE ALERT! I’m bringing it back ‘cayuse it’s still on super-sale and wants to tear my heart out. She’s dying, she wants to find her husband a new wife, because she ca’t bear to think he’ll be alone, but… “As the thought of her husband with another woman becomes all too real, Daisy’s forced to decide what’s more important in the short amount of time she has left: her husband’s happiness—or her own?“
- Prick: A Stepbrother Romance by Sabrina Paige <— STEPBROTHER ROMANCE ALERT! ON SUPER SALE! “I hate him. He’s slept his way through practically every girl at Brighton Academy. Except for me…”
- Jake Undone By Penelope Ward <— on super-sale!!
- Penmort Castle by Kristen Ashley <— KA ALERT!! Ruth is loving it! “I am not sure why I put off her “ghost” stories. Just as fabulous as anything else I have read of hers.”
- SEX Unlimited: The Unlimited Series Complete Volumes by Kathryn Perez <— SUPER-SALE!!! Stephanie found us this one! She says: “This is the complete serial! Contains a 41 year old hero (I love an older hero)! Volumes 1, 2 and 3 of The Unlimited Series for only 99¢ for a limited time.”
- Room For You (Cranberry Inn Book 1) by Beth Ehmann <— Stephanie found out that each book in this series was on sale at a rock bottom price! And Author Beth Ehemann said, “On sale for the last time ever under my control.”
- Lingus by Mariana Zapata <— This is what Andrea recommended to Betty, when Betty asked: “I need a book to cleanse my palate. I just finished reading the Driven series and I must say, the over the top drama just made me want to vomit. yet I don’t know why I finished all three books…maybe to torture myself? I need a nice and easy, drama free, feel good book! Something like…Frenched. Help please! ”
- Kulti by Mariana Zapata <— Speaking of which… by THE same author, I’m bringing it back ’cause SO MANY LOVE IT and keep talking about the delicious slow burn. AND… some are not loving it because the “beginning” seems very long to get into, but so many are saying STICK WITH IT!
Lori: Kulti by Mariana Zapata. It’s sooo good, slow burn
Andrea: I feel the same way. It’s slow burn at its best! Under Locke and Lingus are really really great too!
Lori: Love love under Locke!! And I’m only halfway through but this is probably the best book I’ve read all year, going in my favorites for sure
Jaime: Kulti. I’m having a really hard time getting in to it. I started 5 days ago and am only 15% in. Trying to decide if i should stick with it or give up.
Heather: It took me days to get into Kulti! It gets better at about 45%.. Not great tho!
Andrea: Stick with it. This book is so amazing. I loved it. 5 huge stars for me.
Jaime: I stuck with it and it’s starting to pull me in more. I’m at 20% now and actually want to continue so that’s good.
And for AUDIOBOOK LOVERS, Caren has this little tidbit for y’all. *snort*
Caren: To anyone that listens to audio books: Remember to keep ear buds plugged in! Because the powers that be are just waiting for the perfect moment to unleash your naughty romance book into a packed quiet room! And yes it will be the naughtiest part of the book! And no, no buttons will work to turn it off! — feeling shocked.
Maryse’s Book Blog: LOL!!!!! Pooooooooor Caren. *hug*
- Speaking of audiobooks: for those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! ——> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).