WHOA. 33 “Friday Finds” today with 17 new book releases over the last 24 hours (L.A. Fiore, Elizabeth Reyes & Bella Andre just to name a few!!). If I find more must-reads (or exciting-sounding ones, anyway), I’ll add them in throughout the day.
Now it’s time for me to review my latest read (a psych-thriller with some twists). I do love the twisty-stuff. I’ll be back soon with it!!
Now… take a look at what we found! (NOTE: some are bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Devil You Know (Lost Boys Book 1) by L.A. Fiore <— LIVE!!!! L.A. FIORE ALERT!! SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE… Tragedy brings him home from the military… “The stoic boy I fell in love with grew into a quiet, dangerous and wildly sexy man. He still tugs on all the right strings for me, but he seems determined to keep me at arm’s-length. However, when trouble comes knocking at my door, he is the one to put himself between that trouble and me...”
- Girl In The Mirror (Looking Glass Book 1) by Elizabeth Reyes <— LIVE!!! ELIZABETH REYES PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!!!! Ooooh and I’ve loved one of this author’s past books!!!! I’m excited ’cause it says a twist I’ll never see coming!!! She has amnesia after an accident that killed her sister and best friend… “Tiny indiscernible but profoundly emotional glimpses of her past. The day she meets him, at her sister’s graveside sets off the most explosive trigger to date. It’s so overwhelming Maggie’s convinced she’s supposed to remember–she needs to...”
Teresa: She writes great books can’t wait to read this!!
- More Than a Threat by by Kennedy L. Mitchell <— LIVE!!! A DOCTOR IS ASSIGNED A SEXY, DISMISSIVE BODY GUARD ALERT!! “…Dr. Kate Wheeler is an independent, feisty emergency-medicine doctor with a perfect life, or at least that’s what everyone sees from the outside. Her world is turned upside down when she is forced to allow twenty-four-seven protection, disrupting her independent lifestyle leaving Kate to adjust, or not…“
- Part Of The List by Xavier Neal <— LIVE!!! TEARJERKER ALERT?? “In the face of your own mortality or in the face of your lover’s, what would be part of the list?“
- Kept from You (Tear Asunder Book 4) by Nashoda Rose <— ROCK STAR ALERT!!! ”We aren’t teenagers anymore. He has probably forgotten me. He’s a famous rock star now. I’m a dance instructor with a broken dream and desperate for a job. So, when we cross paths again I don’t expect him to remember me. He does. ..” And we have feedback on this recent release, ’cause he’s Jean’s new book boyfriend!! *snort*
Jean: “I read Kept From You last week and LOVED it! This series just gets better and better! I think Killian Kane is my new book boyfriend!”
- The Sex Bucket List by Prescott Lane <— LIVE!!! SINGLE MOM WITH A SEX-BUCKET LIST!!! Sounds like fun! And I LOVE that she loves “lists” Tee hee! “This is the story of how I brushed the cobwebs off my sex life, put myself back onto my list and not only fell in love with a younger man, but with myself, as well…“
- Standing Up by Kate Forest <— LIVE!!! HE’S AN EX-FOOTBALL STAR WHO’S PHYSICALLY DAMAGED & SHE’S HIS TUTOR ALERT! He’s needing amputation after an accident, and trying to follow another of his dreams… “Jill can’t help but fall for Mike—brains in his head, muscles in his chest, and vulnerability in his legs. Mike loves her determination and her refusal to pity him...”
- Renegade (Moonshine Task Force Book 1) by Laramie Briscoe <— LIVE!!! OLDER WOMAN YOUNGER MAN ALERT!! And… *whooops* She just found out she’s pregnant by a military man ten years younger…
- The Silver Swan by Amo Jones <— BULLY BOOK ALERT!! Back on the list ’cause Chelli has feedback on this recent release!
Chelli: Just finished Silver Swan after that blurb jolt on your page and wow…just wow! That cliffy! Very Paper princess feel only way more unanswered questions and much darker. Thanks for then recommendation can’t wait for the next one!!! Need it now!!!
Maryse: YAY!!!!! I KNEW it. I thought to myself… this sounds like a feel of Paper Princess and Corrupt.
Chelli: Yes!! It’s like you know it’s gonna be bad…so bad but you can’t stop yourself from wanting more! Lol
- POSSESSION by Jaimie Roberts <— LIVE!!! SHE WAS PROMISED TO A WEALTHY DOMINEERING MAN ALERT! “Although promised to this man, I at least remained safe … untouched … pure. I was to be his and his alone. On my eighteenth birthday, the second transaction took place. I escaped… But he came for me…”
- Irresistible In Love (The Maverick Billionaires, Book 4) Bella Andre & Jennifer Skully <— LIVE BELLA ANDRE FORBIDDEN LOVE STORY ALERT!!! She’s been in love with her sister’s husband for years…. “Paige Ryan has always loved Evan Collins, a secret she’s hugged close to her heart for nine long years. But when her sister’s devastating betrayal is revealed, Paige can’t keep her feelings hidden any longer…“
- Defiance (Smirnov Bratva Book 3) by T.L. Smith <— LIVE!! MAFIA FAMILY ALERT! The daughter of a drug lord is promised to him.. “…That was my life. She’d had her taste of it. But was she really ready for it? Because I lived in hell, and my wife would soon be Satan’s bitch. She wouldn’t be prepared. She could never be...”
- The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner <— HE’S AN OUTCAST IN SCHOOL & IT’S ONE OF BEV’S FAVORITES ALERT!!! ”Dill has had to wrestle with vipers his whole life—at home, as the only son of a Pentecostal minister who urges him to handle poisonous rattlesnakes, and at school, where he faces down bullies who target him for his father’s extreme faith and very public fall from grace. The only antidote to all this venom is his friendship with fellow outcasts Travis and Lydia.” AND!! It’s super-bargain priced right now!
bev: One of my favorites last year. Great sense of place, characters, and friendships. A bit of romance too.
- Background Music by J.R. Rogue <— LIVE!! OMG THAT BLURB… short blurb, but incredibly intriguing and kind of scary-sounding. She receives a message from a man she doesn’t know, and WHOA. “It’s the message that will change everything. The message Kat Roberts receives from a man she’s never met…” (I didn’t put the whole blurb, but the rest of it makes it sound scary to me…).
- Driven: A Northern Waste Novel by Eve Silver <— DYSTOPIAN SCI-FI ALERT!! “…All she wants is to stay out of trouble and haul her load of grain to Gladow Station—but trouble finds her in the form of a sexy stranger called Wizard. He has the trucking pass she needs, and she has to drag him out of a brawl with the very people she’s trying to hide from in order to get it….” and Laura found it for us at a bargain price saying:
Laura: There’s a reason that this book is always at the top of every dystopian romance list. You will love the dark hero, Wizard, if you swooned for Sicarius (Lindsay Buroker’s beloved Emperor”s Edge series) or Noah Riddick (Isabel Jordan’s Harper Hall Investigation series). The heroine, Raina Bowen, is tough and competent. Raina and Wizard’s story continues in Frozen. I’m currently about halfway through the third book in the series, Hidden. So far, I’m finding Hidden to be slower paced than the relentless action of Driven.
- Resurrection by Maggie Jane Schuler <— LIVE!!! SOUNDS EMOTIONALLY ANGSTY ALERT!!! They are both grieving their spouses… “I can’t push past the pain and misery. Sometimes, I don’t know what the hell I’m supposed to do. Then she comes crashing into my life. And in that instant, I know… My life will never be the same again...”
- The Beasts Inside: The Purgatory Series, Books 1-4 by Cynthia Eden <— CYNTHIA EDEN BOOK BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN!!! 4 books! “Hot vampires and alpha werewolves are waiting for you…Enter the sexy world of New York Times best-selling author Cynthia Eden’s “Purgatory” paranormal series…”
- The Five Stages of Falling in Love by Rachel Higginson <— ONE OF MY 5 STAR FAVORITES is on the list today, ’cause Jean is reading and LOVING it!!
Jean: FLT (First Line Thursday): “Not every story has a happy ending. Some only hold a happy beginning.” (I know, 2 lines, but whatever!) (Five Stages of Falling in Love, Rachel Higginson)
Grey: Oh GOD! Jean… *grabs pillows, Kleenex, Godiva and 3 bottles of wine… And snatches Manny for you,* that one hurt so bad!!! Coincidentally, it was my last 5 star read of 2016 before the 6 month drought happened…
Jean: Yeah, I’ve gone through a lot of tissues already.
Grey: *snuggles Jean* Amy!!! We need a 5 stages cocktail!
Jean: Yep, I could use a cocktail! The writing is flawless…. loving this book! Can’t put it down and I’m stupid for waiting so long to read it!
- Unforgiven by Ruth Clampett <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE! Best friends for ages (one straight, one secretly gay but “…when one walks in on the other with another man, everything changes. How do you explain to your best friend that he’s the one you’ve always wanted, that until now your life has been a lie?”
- The Angel: The Original Sinners Book 2 (The Original Sinners Series) by Tiffany Reisz <— M/M ROMANCE BY TIFFANY REISZ ALERT!!! gea LOVED it (actually, she recommends a few) !!!
gea: desperately looking for new awwsome mm reads so this is helpful. I havent seen Tiffany Reisz The Angel anywhere and as it is my very first mm read and it has Reiszs masterpiece writing I wholeheartedly recommend it though the series should be read in order.
- Chasing the High by Beth Michele <— M/M ROMANCE and it’s super-bargain priced today! His fiancé left him at the altar… “What better place to be alone while nursing my broken heart than in paradise, right? Two weeks of sandy beaches and tranquil waters to quietly rethink my life. That’s what I thought anyway—until Drew Mariano came along and shook everything up. He shook me up...”
- Brothers by Tess Oliver <— LIVE!! SOUNDS SUPER-FORBIDDENY!!! Eeeeeep! BROTHERS. And they both love her and well the blurb alludes to… stuff. ;) ”I needed to find one person–one person I could love and trust. One person who could love me back. Just one person. Instead . . . I found two.“
- Unplugged (Unplugged, #1) by Sigal Ehrlich <— LIVE!!! ROCK STAR WITH A YOUNG SON ALERT!!! And SHE gets the job… “It was supposed to be a job. Just a temporary job. Just a few months. Just a short stop before the journey I was about to take to follow my dream. It was supposed to be a lot of things…but not this… Little did I know it would be the one event that would shape me, would change me, would bring on such a shift in the balance of my world.
Would bring… Him. Would bring… Them. Both. Into my life.”
- Plucker (The Recoil Rock Series Book 2) by K.E. Osborn <— LIVE!! ROCK STAR ALERT!! He’s in a rut. And then they get a new PR manager and he’s not happy. “Tillie Marks has to go. And I will make damn sure it happens!“
- Winning Streak by Alice Ward <— BASEBALL STAR & A FAKE GIRLFRIEND ALERT!!! And it’s super-bargain priced. AND!!! The author has included every book from this series (all standalones) in this one (so essentially, it’s a series bundle at a bargain price) “…in four years, I’ll be forced to take over my family’s billion-dollar company, and they expect me to start acting like it. That means I’ll have to bring home a woman. Any woman. What I didn’t count on was being blindsided by freckles, sunshine…“
- Silver Lining by Maggie Osborne <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE ALERT!!! She’s scruffy, and independent and doesn’t want to be tied down but… “…when pressed to reveal her heart’s wish, she admits, “I want a baby.” Not a husband, not a forced marriage to the proud man who drew the scratched marble and became honor bound to marry her. To be sure, Max McCord was easy on the eyes, but he loved another woman and dreamed of a different life. Yet they agreed to a temporary marriage…“ and Jan recommends it!
Jan: My fav read for Feb was an oldie but goodie – Maggie Osborne’s Silver Lining. A ‘western’ HR, but not a typical ‘cowboy’ HR. It was a lovely story and really well written…
- The Darkness Series Box Set: Volume 1 by Katie Reus <— FIRST THREE BOOKS IN THE SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! A WEREWOLF & A VAMPIRE WERE ONCE LOVERS… “He’s ready for anything—until his vampire long lost love shows up on his doorstep in desperate need of help. Pregnant and kicked out of her coven, Lyra struggled to raise their rare shifter-vampire daughter Vega alone among humans. When the 16-year-old is kidnapped Lyra swallows her pride and turns to Finn. But how long can she keep him from guessing the truth about who Vega really is?“
- AUDIOBOOK LVERS ➜ For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle ebooks are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. !!! VERY COOL!
- Listen to Me: A Fusion Novel by Kristen Proby <— Leslie is loving these!
Leslie: “I actually just finished reading (well, listening to) Listen to Me and I’m reading Close to You right now. The audios are great and I love the stories.”
- Underneath It All: Walsh Series #1 by Kate Canterbary <— Ashley recommends this one!!
Ashley: The Cornerstone by Kate Canterbury is on sale… It’s another one that is whispersynched so you can get the audiobook at a discounted rate. It’s one of my favorite audiobooks.
PREORDERS (next few days, and next week’s!!! )
- Shade’s Lady: A Reapers MC Novella by Joanna Wylde - March 14th 2017
- Break Me (Corrupted Hearts Book 2) by Tiffany Snow - March 14th 2017
- The Play Mate (Roommates Book 2) by Kendall Ryan - March 14th 2017
- Dirty Souls (Sins Duet Book 2) by Karina Halle – March 19th 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).