<—- Okay I’m totally cheating ’cause this one’s not coming out just yet (sorry!!!!) but Kristen Ashley JUST posted this surprise release/preorder yesterday: Hold On (The ‘Burg Series Book 6) <— and I really think it needs to be highlighted.
And… I haven’t started anything yet, after my love-fest with the delightfully-contraversial “Asking For It” by Lilah Pace (<— my review) but I think, next for me will be Amber to Ashes: Part One in the Torn Hearts Series (The Torn Heart Series Book 1) <— I hear this one is SUPER-angsty and very close to the author’s heart. I loved her past love-triangle “Collide” so I’m excited about this. It’ll be out this Tuesday, but I have a big brick of a print book ARC right here in my hands, so I’m gonna try to go “old-school” and read an actual book. LOL!
But!!! There’s THIS list below that I can choose from (YAY ME!!) AND… I’m open to “must-read!!” suggestions, and in fact, will be making my latest TBR list public in the next couple of days. So let’s see if you guys have anything I just have to read. *winces and expects an influx of peanuts <—*ahem* to be thrown at her*…
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Better When It Hurts (Stripped Book 2) by Skye Warren <— JUST RELEASED, SHE’S A STRIPPER & ONE OF MY FAV AUTHORS ALERT!! The authors told me… “Better When It Hurts is the second book in the Stripped series, though it does stand alone. It’s about a girl working at a strip club and her foster brother who’s back for revenge. This one’s extremely filthy hot, but it’s also about betrayal, redemption, and second chances.“
- Double Tap (Code 11- KPD SWAT Book 2) by Lani Lynn Vale <— JUST RELEASED & MILITARY MAN/SHE’S STILL TOO YOUNG & TONS OF GREAT REVIEWS ALREADY! WHOA it sounds romantically angsty!!! Gah… maybe I wanna start this one!?? So he falls in love, she’s too young so he joins the military until she’s older and he can come back to her. But she leaves… he looks for her… bad stuff happens I think! But… “it takes her years to return, and in those years, Nico changes, too. He’s seen too much. Done too much. Lost too much. He lives his life as a SWAT officer for KPD, goes through the motions of everyday life, but only as half a man. And not even the good half. The US military saw to that.“
- Infinite Dolls by Emalynne Wilder <— JUST RELEASED & WANTS TO MAKE MY HEART ACHE ALREADY ALERT!! She’s dying before her 21st birthday… her father is over-protective and… “Everly longs for connection and freedom she has never been allowed due to her dad’s controlling routine. Time ticking away she begins to defy his rules and make up her own. One star-crossed meeting grants Everly her greatest desire when she befriends Callum Trovatto, a grief-stricken med student needful of his own blissful upswing in the wake of his mother’s death.” WHOA. Full length book + super-super-bargain priced!!!
- Jezebel by K. Larsen <— JUST RELEASED & POSSIBLY UNPUTDOWNABLE ALERT!! Brenda wants us to read it, saying: “Don’t forget Jezebel by K Larsen. Omg!!! It was so good! I read all day. Could not put it down!” and OMG IT SOUNDS PERFECT!! GAH i’m totally *squirreling* even worse now. “30 years of affection.
10 years of soul shattering love.
8 years of happy employment.
2 months of turmoil.
1 week of truth.
A lifetime of betrayal.Would you have seen it coming?Annabelle Fortin landed herself in a bit of trouble. Mandated to community service at an assisted living facility for early onset dementia she meets Jezebel, one of the residents. This is the story that unfolds over the course of Annabelle’s court ordered six month sentence. Nothing is what it seems.“
- My Skylar by Penelope Ward <— SUPER-bargain priced today and Dina says: “OMG “My Skylar ” is AMAZINGGGGGGGG I cant put it down! Ahhhhh READ IT:)” wow… sounds angsty!! “I thought I’d never see her again. But now she’s back…and living with him…” and Jean agrees! “My Skylar!!!!! An all time favorite!! Will never forget it!”
- True North (The True Series) by Liora Blake <— ROCK STAR & AUTHOR ALERT!!! MichelleS is loving it! “I’m at 6% in for True North and loving it already. I have highlighted all over!!! It’s her POV… but, it shows her personality not just her thoughts, which I ADORE. I think I’m gonna love it….. yay….. thank you Bev… okay back to it because it’s that good so far!” (and book #2 will be out in just a couple of weeks!)
- Own the Wind: A Chaos Novel by Kristen Ashley <— KA BIKER BOOK ALERT!!! Lauren found us this deal!! I 4.5-starred this Kristen Ashley biker bad-boy and it’s on super-sale today (my review).
- Where Sea Meets Sky: A Novel by Karina Halle <— RECENT RELEASE SUPER SALE from one of my FAVORITE AUTHORS IN THE WORLD!!!! He meets a tourist and falls hard, but she has to go home… “He can’t get Gemma out of his head, even after she has left for home, and finds himself throwing caution to the wind for the first time in his life. It’s not long before Josh is headed to New Zealand with only a backpack, some cash, and Gemma’s name to go on. But when he finally tracks her down, he finds his adventure is only just beginning…“
- After Hours: (InterMix) by Cara McKenna <— STILL on super-sale and STILL magnificent!!!! A must read for everyone here, because I can’t imagine anyone NOT loving it. I swear I believe it’s true!!! (here’s my review)
- Love Square: The Series by Jessica Intro <— MARRIAGE TROUBLE SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!! The ENTIRE angsty “love triangle/marriage troubles” bundled in one! And at a rock bottom price, at that!!!
- The Mason List by S.D. Hendrickson <— SO FREAKING GOOD ALERT!!! One of my favorites and it’s on SUPER-DUPER-BARGAIN!!!!!! (my review)
- Third Debt (Indebted Book 4) by Pepper Winters <— DARK READ EVERYONE LOVES ALERT!!! And Nicole is bringing this series back! “This may have been discussed, but….I just finished the fourth book in The Indebted Series by Pepper Winters and it is amazing !! It’s a dark read, so beware. Think Dark Duet Series by C.J. Roberts mixed with The Consequences Series by Aleatha Romig !!! Can’t wait for the next two books !”
- Hold My Heart (The Heart Series Book 1) by Esther M. Soto <— Lea found us this bargain and recommends it! “Hold My Heart by Esther M Soto is on sale… If you’re looking for something kinda different, scoop this up. The heroine is badass, and the story is sexy and sweet, and filled with suspense.”
- Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold by Ellen O’Connell <— HISTORICAL ALERT and one of our queens of historical bev, enjoyed this one! “Eyes of Silver Eyes of Gold. This I love. I can see the faults but I loved it.”
- The Virgin Romance Novelist by Meghan Quinn <— IT’S MAKING MY MOM SNORT ALERT!!! I’m literally watching my mom, right now, snort and giggle her butt off, as she reads this. Tee hee!!! I finally asked her, “What are you laughing at?!!” and she said “that virgin author!!” LOL!!! Yes…. and she hasn’t even gotten to the waxing scene yet. *snort* (my review)
- Come Dancing (The Jack and Julia Series Book 1) by Leslie Wells <— ROCK STAR ALERT! bev also recommends THIS series! “Leslie Wells has three rockstar books out. They are connected. 2 novels and a Christmas novella in between. Come Dancing is the first book. I wanted the heroine to not be so laid back, ask questions. But I liked her and the book. Great sense of time and place… a great deal. It doesn’t end on a ch but can see why she wrote a sequel, haven’t but will read.” Plus!!! It’s a full length book and super-bargain priced! *wheeeeeee!!!!*
- Keep Dancing (The Jack and Julia Series Book 2) by Leslie Wells <— Here’s #2 and it has great reviews (and also super-bargain priced!!)
- Dancing with Mistletoe: A Holiday Story by Leslie Wells <— and this one!!
- Going the Distance by Julianna Keyes <— ANOTHER BEV ALERT!!! and bev wishes we’d read this one!! Why? Well because… “…the book that snuck up on me. I’d love if some one else read this and told me what they thought.” Okay… now I’m curious and gotta check out this blurb. “Olivia Clarke’s fall from pretty, perfect, and popular happened in an instant. With her life in tatters, she impulsively accepts a teaching job in the small city of Lazhou, China. Three months in, she’s ready to admit she made a huge mistake. She doesn’t speak Mandarin, the teachers at her school refuse to include her in anything, and she spends her nights watching counterfeit DVDs in her twin bed. Alone.” And then she meets an ex-military man (interrogator!!) that is over there, too…
- Time Served <— JUST GOT OUT OF PRISON ALERT!! By the same author and another blurb that has me excited!! She left her small town, AND him to make something of herself “I left. Him, my mom, and the trailer park. Without so much as a goodbye. Now Dean’s back, crashing uninvited into my carefully cultivated, neat little lawyerly life. Eight years behind bars have turned him rougher and bigger—and more sexually demanding than any man I’ve ever met. I can’t deny him anything…and that just might end up costing me everything.“
- Filthy Marcellos: Lucian by Bethany-Kris <— ITALIAN MAFIA ALERT!!! Lauren is nuts for this one! “I’d read anything Bethany-Kris writes. I love her books! The Filthy Marcellos series is so good but her best is the Russian Guns series. Best Russian Mafia books I’ve ever read!!!!”
- Finding Me (His Series Book 3) by Mariah Dietz <— JUST RELEASED!!!
- Dance for Me (Forbidden Trilogy Book 1) <— SUPER-BARGAIN & GREAT REVIEWS/STRIPPER ALERT! “Learning to stand on my own two feet has been a challenge, but I’m making it… my way. I make no apologies for the path I’ve chosen. My choices have served me well, but no one knows the real me. Except one man…“
- Opulence (The Excess Series Book 1) by Angelica Chase <— WEALTHY BUT BAD (DANGEROUS?) MARRIAGE ALERT! Okay this looks SO good! Super-bargain priced and an exciting blurb. It’s listed as a thriller… she’s SUPER wealthy by her own design, but lonely as heck. OH YES!!!! “Devin McIntyre, the most dangerous shark of them all, was the last nail in my naïve coffin. His beautiful smile and amazing c*ck tainted me in ways I could have never imagined. I craved him. I needed him. I loved him. Miserable with the outcome of my prosperity, I set out to change what disgusted me most—the first decision being to rid myself of Devin. Little did I know that taking that first step would make me a slave to a man far more tempting … or that my addiction to Devin would threaten to ruin it all.“
- Reverence (The Excess Series Book 2) by Angelica Chase <— Here’s #2!!!
- Hindrance (The Excess Series Book 3) by Angelica Chase <— And here’s #3 that was just released a couple of weeks ago!!! I may need to get lost in this one…
- The Traveler by Melissa Delport <— Jean found us this one on super-duper-sale! Sounds like a post-apocalyptic one! “Dex is back, but this time he is not alone. He has brought a formidable army – their sole purpose to conquer. Fate will bring Rachel and Dex back together, but on opposing sides of a war that threatens to obliterate her world…“
- Empathy by Ker Dukey <— SUPER-DARK READ ALERT!!! Jean found us this one at a super-bargain price and believe me…. those that love dark reads all appear to LOVE this one!
- Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret by Judy Blume <— BLAST FROM OUR CHILDHOOD PAST ALERT!! OMG!!!! THIS Judy Blume book CLASSIC is on super-sale today. Gah! I have to one-click it. I must have this again!!! Other than Beautiful Disaster, this is the only other book I had ever re-read over and over again.
Melanie: I LOVED this book! I remember thinking that it was kind of naughty because it talked about periods. Lol.
Diana: “I must, I must, I must improve my bust!!” <~ who could forget that?!!! Classic!
Maryse’s Book Blog: LOL!!!!!! YESSSS every time i think of this book, I remember that chant. wink emoticon
Isabelle: OMG BEST BOOK EVER!!!!!!! I totally tried the bust thing!
Megan: Wonderful book that captures adolescence. I identified with her existential crisis. One of my favorites.
Sally: Omg THIS book!! And I STILL do “I must I must I must increase my bust”
Nikee: I read this probably 50x as a kid!!!!
And for AUDIOBOOK LOVERS
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! ——> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
PRE-ORDERS (This month!!)
- Amber to Ashes: Part One in the Torn Hearts Series (The Torn Heart Series Book 1) by Gail McHugh – June 9th 2015
- Never Let You Go (a modern fairytale) by Katy Regnery – June 12th 2015
- King by T.M Frazier <— June 15th 2015
- BLUE by H.J. Bellus <— June 16th 2015
- Beneath These Chains (Beneath Series Book 3) by Meghan March <— June 16th 2015
- Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian by E.L. James <— June 18th 2015
- True Devotion (The True Series) by Liora Blake – June 22nd 2015
- The Girl I Was Before (The Falling Series Book 3) by Ginger Scott – June 23rd 2015
- Sins of the Innocent: A Novella by Jamie McGuire – June 28th 2015
- The Rocker Who Hates Me (The Rocker… Book 10) by Terri Anne Browning - July 6th 2015
- Racing the Sun: A Novel by Karina Halle – July 28th 2015
- Fourth Debt (Indebted Book 5) by Pepper Winters – August 11th 2015
- Heart-Shaped Hack by Tracey Garvis-Graves <— August 26th 2015
- Hold On (The ‘Burg Series Book 6) by Kristen Ashley – September 1st 2015
- True Divide (The True Series Book 3) by Liora Blake - October 19th 2015
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).