<— First… I know many of you were dying of this one!!! YAY! IT’S LIVE. And Karen is FAH-REAKING OUT right now… but ummm… Karen? I think this just encourages us to wanna read it more. Just sayin’ LOL!!!!!!!!
Karen: I HATE PENNY REID!!!
But I love her.
But I hate her.
Ugh, I wish I could unread Heat. I’m such a stupid mess right now.
Bev: After work reading Heat. Whoot!
Tessa: Karen, that’s probably the best thing you could say! I am prepared for mind messery
Bev: I’m with Tessa. Sometimes a brutal CH can be fun. Mostly cause only 3 week wait. I saw a good review for #3.
Maryse: Oh no. Now I HAVE to read this!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness #1 (Elements of Chemistry: ATTRACTION (Hypothesis Series Book 1) is super-bargain priced. I’m indulging this weekend, with these two!!
Plus I’ve got a bunch of other brand new releases below, and of course bargains and reader recommendations, too!
Oh, and I’m sorry to say this (or happy to say this) but next week’s releases (the pre-orders below)? Y’ALL ARE GONNA FREAK. It’s like a bowl of every one of my favorite mixed “Godiva” chocolates just begging for me to eat ‘em all. Chocolate covered cherries, chocolate covered caramels and chocolate covered toffee… all at once. Which one do I bite first? GAH! No… seriously. Next week, I’m locking myself in and reading my heart out!
But!! I must take a deep breath and focus. I’m way too excited. Let’s start off the day on a mini-theme to help Bushra (since this is our weekly “book recommendation” post, I think this is gonna be perfect for her! She is in love with bad-boy book bikers and wants MORE like Tack. So let’s get her started…
Bushra: Hey Maryse! I LOVE your book blog! Its my #1 place to find my new read! I just finished reading Motorcycle Man and…. My God! Tack is just…. wooh! Anyway i need your help… im looking for a really good MC romance but the sweet ones that still manage to be macho and alpha like Tack… Is there one you can recommend? Would really appreciate it thanks!
Lauren: 2 names….Tillie Cole (It Ain’t Me, Babe (Hades Hangmen Book 1) & Madeline Sheehan….Absolutely incredible MC books. Ryan Michelle has a great series too (Ravage Me (Ravage MC Book 1). I’d start with Madeline Sheehan’s series….you will LOVE Eva & Deuce (Undeniable).
Paulette: Lock & Key by Cat Porter
Maryse: Oooooh yes!! I LOVE Madeline Sheehan’s books, and I need to read Lock and Key. Also check out this list (and the comments) as there are a TON of recommended biker books here: Ultimate List of Biker Books
Any more all-time favorite sweet but bad-boy biker books? I could use a real biker-love book fog right now, too!
And here are a few that are on my very next on my TBR list: Obviously Penny Reid’s panic-inducer: Elements of Chemistry: ATTRACTION. And… Saving Mercy (she falls in love with the ghost in her house… ooooh I think I wanna cry already over this one), Interim (the one with that CRAZY blurb from a week ago and that Sally LOVED like crazy), The Mistake (it’s coming out on Tuesday, but I have a review copy and OMG I THINK THIS IS NEXT for me ’cause I LOVED The Deal). Or what about Fear Me? He sounds like the ULTIMATE bully. And don’t get me started on the Indebted series that MichelleS is spazzing out over. Another “ultimate bully” Sounds like the worst of the worst which of course… sounds so fun!!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
AND a reminder: for those accessing my blog via their mobile device (phone or tablet) you’ll notice the look of it has changed (for now, that’s the “mobile compatible” version and I’m hoping we can get it close to the usual “look” while still keeping it “mobile friendly”). On a desktop computer/laptop the look of the blog is the usual one.
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Elements of Chemistry: HEAT (Hypothesis Series Book 2) by Penny Reid <— JUST RELEASED!!! JERK-FACED BULLY book #2 (and considering how much everyone LOVED #1, but went nuts when it ended, I think they’ll be happy for this!)
- Blyssfully Undone: The Blyss Trilogy – book 3 by J.C. CLIFF <— JUST RELEASED! “Two sexy, ruthless men…one innocent female caught in the middle.“
- Beloved Ink (Inked in the Steel City Book 8) by Ranae Rose <— JUST RELEASED (can be read as a standalone)
- Forever Grace (Ever After Book 3) by Linda Poitevin <— JUST RELEASED!! (COP & HIS NEIGHBOR ALERT!)
- Pretty Remedy by S.E. Hall <— JUST RELEASED
- Since Drew by J. Nathan <— JUST RELEASED!! Football star!! “One chance encounter brings Andi and Drew together, changing their worlds in ways they never thought possible. Unfortunately, what they thought they knew about themselves—and each other—might just be the biggest lie of all.“
- All that Sparkles: The Texan Quartet by Claire Boston <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Carter Reed by Tijan <— SUPER-BARGAIN priced and book #2 is coming out in just a couple of days!!! I posted it below in the pre-orders)
- Heart Recaptured (Hades Hangmen Book 2) by Tillie Cole <— BIKER BOOK ALERT!! Nic highly recommends it! “…just finished Tillie Cole’s Second book in the Hangman Biker series…Wow this story keeps getting better. Even more violence than the first which I didn’t know was possible but the story is amazing.“
- Changing Course (Wrecked and Ruined Book 1) by Aly Martinez <— I LOVED THIS ONE and it’s on super-sale right now!! (my review)
- Stolen Course (Wrecked and Ruined Book 2) by Aly Martinez <— I LOVED THIS ONE and it’s not on super-sale but it IS bargain priced! (my review)
- Broken Course (Wrecked and Ruined Book 3) by Aly Martinez <— I still need to read this one but it’s on super-sale too!! (dunno why book #2 is missing in the sale. It was awesome too).
- Urban Love Prophecy by Jessica Intro <— KING OF HIP HOP ALERT! And it’s on super-sale! “This isn’t a story about a bad boy and a girl from the right side of the tracks. This is the story of a man and a woman discovering love is blind to how you grew up, who your friends are, and where you live. Love sees only the heart and soul of whom it belongs to.“
- The Rub Down by Gina Sheldon <— On super sale and Julie found it for us! He’s a massage therapist… “One year after the tragic Boston Marathon bombing, Alexa Williams must overcome horrible memories of that day. She struggles to put her fear aside to meet the challenge of the run. A rigorous training schedule leaves her body aching, and with Luke’s help, Alexa finds soothing release at The Rub Down…“
- Interim by S. Walden <— BULLY BOOK!! Well… sorta… This is the one I’m finishing this weekend… my aunt just finished it and really liked it, and then Sally went nuts for it, too, saying: “Maryse HOLY COW! Did you ever wind up reading Interim by S. Walden?? I just finished it and DAMN that was a GREAT read! Put on your big girl panties ladies if you plan to take this book on. That’s all I have to say. BOOM! This author nailed it!!! This is a very different kind of story with a very serious and quite disturbing subject matter that had my adrenaline pumping the entire time. THE ENTIRE TIME. I HIGHLY recommend this book.” and Nic agrees! “Read interim earlier this week. You will not be disappointed. I love when a book is does not follow a normal plot plan. This was it. You think you know where it’s going and then it changes and then it changes back. It was great. Loved this story.”
- Fear Me (Broken Love Book 1) by B.B. Reid <— BULLY BOOK ALERT and it’s on sale AND something one of our fellow readers just said made me VERY excited! ‘Cause he’s the ultimate bully. Tessa says: “The difference between Fear Me and Bully is Jared is horrid, but he’s a BBF horrid for me. Keiran… if I met him irl, I’d run the other way. *grins*” Oooooh YES!! And Deborah says: “I did like Fear me better than Bully but it’s quite different very dark( dubious consent) if you can handle things like that………let’s just say Fear me makes Bully look like sesame street;)” Plus, book #2 will be out in just a couple of weeks (I posted it below in the pre-orders).
- Bully: The Fall Away Series by Penelope Douglas <— BULLY BOOK ALERT!! I’m bringing this one back since Aflame is making so many happy. Cheryl says: “Finished and really liked Bully. Now 3 more books to go. Good news is I know what I will be reading for the next few days. “
- Debt Inheritance (Indebted Book 1) by Pepper Winters <— Speaking of BULLY ALERT… Okay… I give. The way MichelleS and crew are going on and on about this series and that jerk “Jet’ I just GOTTA!!!!!! I think I’m about to start pacing… LOL!!! But can I possibly wait until August for #5? GAH!! Will I freak out?
- First Debt (Indebted Book 2) by Pepper Winters
- Second Debt (Indebted Book 3) by Pepper Winters
- Third Debt (Indebted Book 4) by Pepper Winters
- In Too Deep by Portia Da Costa <— STALKER ALERT??! Oooooh sounds awesome and creepy and it’s bargain priced! “When young librarian Gwendolynne Price finds increasingly erotic love notes to her in the suggestion box at work, she finds them both shocking and liberating. But who is her mystery admirer and how long will he be content to just admire her from afar…?“
- Wild Nights: A Justiss Alliance Novel by Tina Wainscott <— PROSTITUTION RING ALERT! ALSO bargain priced!! “After dumping her cheating fiancé right before their Caribbean vacation, Jennessy Shaw goes alone, hoping to explore her wild side. But by the end of the first night, she’s not sure she has one. Which is why it’s so shocking when she wakes up in a sexy stranger’s room with no memory of the night before…“
- Roam (Roam Series, Book One) by Kimberly Stedronsky <— STUDENT-TEACHER (sorta)!! Amy is reading this one, and MichelleS is ecstatic, saying: “Amy – I am seriously giddy and grinning like a loon that you are reading Roam. They just get better and better. But the last book… blew me away. It was so original. And cool. All that time travel. I hope you stick with it. I got sucked in and read them back-to-back.“
- Down the Shore: A Rock-and-Roll Romantic Comedy by T. Torrest <— Jackie LOVED it! “I had to get Down the Shore by t Torrest. Finished in 1 day. Such a good book. I loved her Remember When series and this one did not disappoint. If you lived through the 90′s you will smile and chuckle at the references to incorporates into her books. These books are perfect to add to your summer reads…or if you want to pretend it’s summer, go ahead and start them now “
- Toxic (The Ruin Series, Book 2) by Rachel Van Dyken <— Jean recommends it!! “Went back to my TBR and read Toxic! I loved the first book, Ruin, in the series by Rachel Van Dyken and Toxic did not disappoint! Loved it!!!!!”
- The Devil in Winter (The Wallflowers, Book 3) by Lisa Kleypas <— Lori LOVES it: “Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas is a great book! It was amazing when I first read it years ago, and was still great when I read it a couple months ago. I love the whole Wallflower series.” and bev too! “Lori, The Devil in Winter! A thousand times yes. One of my favorites.”
- Night School: Genesis (Cimmeria Academy YA thrillers Book 1) by C.J. Daugherty <— Tessa is having fun with this series!! “Night School series is just so exciting. If **** dies, I’m going on an Ugly Cry marathon… I’m on the last Night School, and it’s taking everything in me to not cheat and read the end to know who ***** is. The book is exciting, but I admit, I don’t know who did it. I have something like five theories. It’s insane.“
- After Dark (The Night Owl Trilogy Book 3) by M. Pierce <— The series that started our snuggle-fest with the cute stuffed manatee!!! Fabi is enjoying the finale one, saying: “I’m halfway through After Dark. It’s much more like the first one. Scary, tense and downright wicked.” YAY FABI!!!!!! I LOVED #1 and need to continue. This is great news!!
And for AUDIOBOOK LOVERS
Speaking of audiobooks: for those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! ——> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
- Wanderlust by Skye Warren <— JUST RELEASED!! DARK READ (or listen) ALERT!!! I read this one and it’s SO GOOOOOD!! (my review)
- The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher <— Sadie is LOVING this whole series in audio… “Love me with lies on audio is SO GOOD. Gah.” OMG I LOVED these as books. (my review)
- Dirty Red by Tarryn Fisher <— SO SO SO GOOD (my review)
- Thief by Tarryn Fisher <— and the fantastic grand finale!! (my review)
- No Ordinary Billionaire: The Sinclairs, Book 1 by J.S. Scott <— pretty good price on this one!
- Dark Instincts: Phoenix Pack by Suzanne Wright <— good price on this one, too! (actually the whole series is nicely priced!!)
- Beautiful Broken Rules: Broken Series, Book 1 by Kimberly Lauren <— good price on each one on this series!
- Win by Submission: Against the Cage by Melinda Price <— good reviews & good price!
- Waiting for the One by L.A. Fire <— pre-order in just a few days it will be releasing and the price is good too!
PRE-ORDERS (most of ‘em are EARLY NEXT WEEK!!!!):
- Carter Reed 2 (Carter Reed Series) by Tijan – April 27th 2015
- Sweet (Contours of the Heart) by Tamara Webber – April 27th 2015
- Clipped by Love (Bellevue Bullies Book 2) by Toni Aleo - April 27th 2015
- Who I Am with You (Unexpected Heroes series Book 2) by Melody Anne - April 27th 2015
- The Mistake (Off-Campus Book 2) by Elle Kennedy <— April 28th 2015
- Overruled (The Legal Briefs Series) by Emma Chase - expected release date April 28th 2015
- Broken Juliet (Bad Romeo) by Leisa Rayven - expected release date April 28th 2015
- Black Iris by Leah Raeder - expected release date April 28th 2015
- The Reckoning: COMING APRIL 28TH (Hard to Resist) by S.L. Scott
- Loving the Beast: A Beauty Epilogue by Skye Warren expected release date April 28th 2015
- My Time in the Affair by Stylo Fantome <— expected release date May 2nd 2015
- Fear You (Broken Love Book 2) by B.B. Reid <— expected release date May 11th 2015
- Compulsive (Liar Book 1) by Lia Fairchild <— expected release date May 12th 2015 (dark romance!)
- Fourth Debt (Indebted Book 5) by Pepper Winters <— August 11th 2015