Friday Finds! 20 of the Latest Bargain e-Books & Reader Recommendations – August 21st 2015

by Maryse on August 21, 2015 · 244 comments

in eBook Deals

<— SO MANY NEW ONES that were just released over the last day or so that sound AWESOME, so I think today’s list is going to rock (and I’m still working on it as we speak… it’ll be a couple more hours before it’s complete), but I think I’m already on a roll. JUST LOOK!! I made mini highlights below… :D i think you’ll like!!!

Oh!! And when Astuti sent me this message (she just finalized her exams and has time to read again) she said:

“Can you suggest me some books like Arsen, Beautiful Disaster or The Opportunist?????? Basically, I’m looking for super-angsty, intense true love that most definitely stays with you for a long time………. even days after finishing the book………”
I realized that maybe some of you don’t know about my “list of favorites list” *gasp*!!!! So, to Astuti and crew —> Don’t forget!! If you’re in the mood to read for a specific “thing” or genre you can probably find specific reader-recommendations for it here: Maryse’s Ultimate List of Book Lists!

THAT SAID… I’m ALWAYS open to hearing about new (or new-to-us at least) super-angsty, intense that stays with you for a long time recommendations too, so please email me or comment below and let me know if you have one for us! :D

P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).

EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).

1. Capture (Seaside Pictures Book 1) by Rachel Van Dyken <— JUST RELEASED!!! SHE’S MUTE AND SHE’S HIRED BY A HOLLYWOOD STAR TO BE HIS ASSISTANT ALERT!! Oooooh I LOVE THE SOUND of this!! “He’s gorgeous, completely unavailable, and unobtainable. But that doesn’t stop her from wondering…if things were different…would he want her?” and Jill says: “loved it”
  2. FOREPLAY Unlimited: A Short Story (The Unlimited Series) by Kathryn Perez <— JUST RELEASED!! SHE’S IN HER 30′s and wants something more… “My wild ways have led to lots of gratuitous one night stands and zero meaningful relationships. This never seemed to bother me, until I hit my mid-thirties… The day forty two year old Remington Reyes walked through the door of my tattoo shop, life as I knew it was set on a different path.
  3. Stone Deep: An Alpha Bad Boy Romance (Stone Brothers Book 3) by Tess Oliver <— JUST RELEASED!!
  4. Dirty Wild Desire by A. Wilding Wells <— Recently released… SHE DIDN’T READ THE FINE PRINT OF HER MODELING CONTRACT + LOVE TRIANGLE WITH BROTHERS ALERT?! Sounds like it has angsty-drama potential! “I was a Vegas stripper, working the pole for all the right reasons, real-life reasons. Hey, sometimes you have to do what you have to do. It didn’t start out that way. I was my high school class Valedictorian and a scholarship-winning dancer. But sometimes life throws you a curve and the prize isn’t exactly what you envisioned it to be. But that’s over now. I’m in Paris!… I should have read the fine print on the modeling contract…
  5. Slammer by Tabatha Vargo <— JUST RELEASED + HE’S A PRISONER & SHE’S A NURSE AT THAT PRISON ALERT!!! WHOA!!!! “Any emotion he once had was left under the gavel when he was given life in prison. That is until the new nurse in the infirmary joins the block.”
  6. Dirty Wild Obsession by A. Wilding Wells <— JUST RELEASED!! And here’s book #2… the CONCLUSION!!
  7. Sugar Baby Beautiful by J.J. McAvoy <— JUST RELEASED!! SHE GOES TO A “SUGAR-DADDY” PARTY…When twenty-four-year-old Felicity Harper is dragged to a sugar party, an event where wealthy men and women seek “companionship,” she never expects this one simple decision to drastically change her whole life…
  8. Deeper Than Dreams (Love & Steel Novella, A) by Jessica Topper <— *SQUEEEEEE* ALERT!!! I LOVED Book #1 (here’s my 4.5 stars review) about an ex-rock star and a school teacher LIKE CRAZY and this is the follow up novella. HAPPY DANCE!!! In fact, Tracie happy danced, too. “Hey! I just saw this from a newsletter and I squeeed!! I remember you loved Louder Than Love and so did I and this is like a novella epilogue! Yeehaw!:P !!!!
  9. Hold Trilogy Book 3: MMA Fighter New Adult Romance by Jayne Blue <— JUST RELEASED!!
  10. Where We Belong (Alabama Summer Book 4) by J. Daniels <— JUST RELEASED!!
  11. The Way We Rise (The Story of Us Book 3) by Cassia Leo <— JUST RELEASED!!
  12. French Kissing by Lynne Shelby <— JUST RELEASED!! SHE LETS HER PENPAL STAY AT HER PLACE ALERT!Anna offers him a place to stay but is astounded that the small, geeky boy she remembers is now tall, broad-shouldered and gorgeous, and has just broken up with his long-term girlfriend. Anna’s female friends are soon swooning over Alex’s Gallic charm, and Anna’s boyfriend Nick is becoming extremely jealous of their friendship…
  13. Thunderstruck by Bijou Hunter <— JUST RELEASED!! SOUNDS LIKE A DARK-READ? ALERT!!My name is Darla, but he calls me Rose. I thought running would keep me safe. Instead, the monster hunts me, certain I will be his again…” AND it’s super-bargain priced!
  14. Wish He Was You (The Blogger Diaries Trilogy Book 2) by KD Robichaux <— JUST RELEASED ANGSTY LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT (and this is by one of our blogger friends in real life!!) She says: “Book 2 in the Blogger Diaries Trilogy. These books are NOT STANDALONE and must be read in order. Please read Wished for You before reading this story.”
  15. Wished for You: The Blogger Diaries Book One by KD Robichaux <— Here’s #1 and it’s on super-sale…
  16. STICKY by Nina Lane <— ARSEN LIST ALERT!!! RECENT RELEASE that Renee just found and is going to start right now! “I found a release from early August that I haven’t seen anywhere on your blog and I think many readers would be thrilled about, aaaand it can go on your the ‘What to Read after Arsen’ list. Squee!!!! It’s ‘Sticky’ by Nina Lane (yes, Spiral of Bliss series Nina Lane!!) I thought you and many others would like to know! Nina must have done little to no advertising about this book because I can’t believe I haven’t seen a huge amount of hype about it! Oh well, I’ve been making my way down the ‘What to Read after Arsen’ list, so I’m going to start ‘Sticky’ right now!
  17. Translucent (Luminous Book 1) by Erin Noelle <— HOLY MOLY THIS SOUNDS CRAZY ALERT!!! Plus! Super-bargain sale!!!”The day I watched my husband murder the woman who was pregnant with his child, my point didn’t just break; it exploded like a full magazine’s worth of hollow points firing through the barrel of a fully-automatic AK-47. Literally. I am no longer his American Princess, nor am I his slave. Now, I’m a murderer in hiding…”
  18. Raising Ryann (Bad Boy Reformed 1) by Alyssa Rae Taylor <— On SUPER-SALE (and book #3 is up for pre-order below… releasing in just a week). Jean says: “ I did LOVE Raising Ryann Maryse! Highly recommend it” and Lauren once asked: “Raising Ryann & Resisting Ryann….2 short books that I read about a year ago & were part of a trilogy that were supposed to be released within a couple months or weeks of each other but the 3rd book never came out.” <— YEP!!! It’s finally up (and coming out on the 31st!!!)
  19. Against the Wall (Entangled Brazen) (Maverick Montana Book 1) by Rebecca Zanetti <— On SUPER-BARGAIN! She realizes her sexy-cowboy fling is actually the opposing lawyer trying to destroy her project! GASP!!! “Cowboy and Tribal lawyer Jake Lodge is desperately trying to block the development. And if that means playing hardball–and being every inch the shark lawyer–so be it. But Sophie is a distraction he didn’t expect…
  20. Friction by Sandra Brown <— RECENT RELEASE PSYCH THRILLER SAYS FORBIDDEN ATTRACTION ALERT!! And I missed it a couple of days ago!! “…a gripping story of family ties and forbidden attraction.
  21. The Piano Man Project by Kat French <— RECOMMENDED!! Tracey says: “Just finished The Piano Man Project by Kat French loved it , what I didnt realise was the author is the alter ego of another favourite of mine Kitty French.”
  22. Wicked as They Come (A Blud Novel Series Book 1) by Delilah S. Dawson <— Lisa recommends this one! “OMG Maryse have you read Wicked as They Come (Blud series) by Delilah S. Dawson? I stumbled on it by accident really looking for something new. its kinda steampunk(which i was weary about) Im sooooo happy i read it. i couldnt put it down. Its got a 5 star from me and i really really recommend it to everyone,sigh! :)
  23. And for AUDIOBOOK LOVERS :P

For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>

1. AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie). :D

PRE-ORDERS:

1. Fallen Crest University (Fallen Crest Series Book 5) by Tijan - expected release date August 25th 2015
  2. Sustained (The Legal Briefs Series Book 2) by Emma Chase - expected release date August 25th 2015
  3. Until Friday Night (A Field Party) by Abbi Glines - expected release date August 25th 2015
  4. Illusive (Storm MC #5) by Nina Levine – August 25th 2015
  5. With Brave Wings (Breaking Free Book 2) by Cara Dee - August 25th 2015
  6. Nightwalker by Jacquelyn Frank – August 25th 2015
  7. Heart-Shaped Hack by Tracey Jarvis-Graves – August 26th 2015
  8. Rule (A Mafia Romance) (The Corruption Series Book 3) by C.D. Reiss <— August 27th 2015
  9. The Empathy series Box set by Ker Dukey <— The entire series bundled for a SUPER BARGAIN!! releasing August 31st 2015
  10. Breaking Ryann (Bad Boy Reformed 3) by Alyssa Rae Taylor – expected release date August 31st 2015!!
  11. 9 Ways to Fall: An Exclusive Collection of NINE Red-Hot Romances by bestselling authors, featuring Alpha Males, Fighters, Rock-Stars, Movie Stars, Sexy Bad Boys and more - August 31st 2015
  12. Make Me: A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee Child – September 8th 2015
  13. See Me by Nicholas Sparks <— October 13th 2015!!!
  14. Shadow Rites: A Jane Yellowrock Novel by Faith Hunter - April 5th 2016

Marit August 21, 2015 at 1:15 PM

Thanks for the great release, Maryse! :) I’m currently reading Forsaken by Lisa Renee Jones (The Secret Life of Amy Benson). Anyone else who’s on it? I don’t know if it’s just me, but I’m having some issues with it. I kind of expexted to meet Amy and not her brother :p Please tell me if I’m missing something :)

Tessa August 21, 2015 at 1:20 PM

Is it Tuesday yet?

Anne August 21, 2015 at 1:27 PM

Lol Tessa!

Capture and Foreplay are calling my name :D

Niki August 21, 2015 at 1:29 PM

I’m thinking Sugar Baby Beautiful or Capture will be my next read!! Thanks for the great list Maryse!! Loved your video this week too :)

I finished End of Day and it was awesome!!! So great!! Ends on an optional cliffhanger that of course I read ;) Next bok is suppose to be out in November!!

Ela August 21, 2015 at 2:05 PM

Great list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m trudging along with Merry Gentry, I haven’t read this type of PNR in a looooooooooooooooooooong time and BDB is nothing like it *sigh* *Rhage* anyways.

I still haven’t finished Lisa’s first series with the missing chick and her explicit journals.

Jean August 21, 2015 at 2:06 PM

Just preordered Fallen Crest University in honor of Tessa! Lol!

Capture looks good, Translucent and Raising Ryan were great, and downloaded The Piano Man last week…..that may be my next read. Or Something Beautiful which is also calling my name.

I’m reading The Wife right now…..wow….it’s like two stories in one….and you guys know how much I hate cheating in books, i avoid them if possible……but this one, yeah this one, I WANT her to cheat…..damn….

Anne August 21, 2015 at 2:20 PM

Sugar Baby Beautiful sounds great too! He is my age though (31) so I was kinda expecting someone older from the blurb but it sounds like so much fun!

Anne August 21, 2015 at 2:23 PM

Jean I have The Wife and want to read it soon. It seems like a complex, refreshing book which I really appreciate.

Grey August 21, 2015 at 2:41 PM

Hi everyone… wow what a busy couple of days. I finished Matt & Grace’s book… it was really good!

Tyrant is next!! Then Cocky Bastard.

I get to be a bum all weekend! I am hoping to suck both books right down!

Anne August 21, 2015 at 2:46 PM

Both books are great Grey!

Started reading Capture and you know its going to be a great book when the H has hair like Sam Heughan. “Lincoln Greene. Smoldering gray eyes, wild reddish-brown hair that reminded me of that Outlander guy…” Oh yes!

Maryse August 21, 2015 at 3:44 PM

Oh so some of y’all are liking The Wife?? I wanna read that next then… YAY!!!

Maryse August 21, 2015 at 3:44 PM

Thank you for the sweet video comment Nikki! I love doing those. :D

Maryse August 21, 2015 at 3:44 PM

Ela… trudging is too hard sometimes. Life is too short. Unless you’re like it, and trudging is a fun thing? LOL!

Amy August 21, 2015 at 3:59 PM

Hmmmm…apparently I have read Translucent because I marked it on my spreadsheet with three stars. I just honestly don’t remember anything about it or why I only liked it and didn’t love it. *scratches head*

As soon as Jean gives the green light on The Wife, I am all over it…unless you can give me the green light now, Jean? She’s being my guinea pig for this one. *giggle*

Laura August 21, 2015 at 4:09 PM

Hmmm im reading souls unfractured I realllllly wanted flames book and oh this poor boy it’s so my kind of book broken boy slightly crazy sweet girl is going to save him it’s killing me some of it is very bad mind u like book in the freezer bad

Maryse August 21, 2015 at 4:11 PM

yeah Amy? That blurb though, sounds so intense…

We’re all ears, Jean!!! :D

Fabi August 21, 2015 at 4:11 PM

“Book in the freezer bad” <— that's a good one Laura :-)

Maryse August 21, 2015 at 4:11 PM

My pleasure, Marit!! Are you on book one in that series?

Maryse August 21, 2015 at 4:12 PM

LOL Tessa!!!! :P Very very soon…

Ela August 21, 2015 at 4:14 PM

Laura! THAT. BOOK. WAS. INTENSE. AND. OH. SO. GOOD.

Maryse, I know, I know but I feel obligated to give this book my “all” or maybe my “some” LOL It appears I prefer the Alphas and funny of BDB and IAD.

Tessa August 21, 2015 at 4:52 PM

*waits patiently*

I finished Black Widow by Jennifer Estep. I forgot how good it really is. Danger, fear, murder galore. One moment of steam. *shrugs* Appropriately placed, but the story was insane! Now, next month getting number 13.

Maryse August 21, 2015 at 5:04 PM

HOLY MOLY YOU GUYS!!

I just added “Slammer” to the list (he’s got life in prison, and she’s the new nurse that works there…)

Has anyone read Tabatha Vargo before? I don’t think I have…

Grey August 21, 2015 at 5:08 PM

Just added Slammer to mine too. Maryse, I have read a couple of Tabatha’s books… On the Plus Side was very good, as was Jack Hammer and Little Black Book.

Linda August 21, 2015 at 5:17 PM

Souls Unfractured was definitely “freezer worthy” Laura I agree. Love this series!! One clicked several on the list Maryse!! Making me bouncy, twitchy and rubbing hands together all at the same time!!! But I’m diving into Before We Were Strangers!! I. Have. Got. To. Focus!!!

Tessa August 21, 2015 at 5:26 PM

The name sounded familiar. I read Little Black Book a while ago. It was pretty good.

Fabi August 21, 2015 at 6:01 PM

Cole McCade has a new book, The Lost, coming out, Tuesday I think. I really liked A Second Chance at Paris so I’m looking forward to another one. Although, I think this one is going to be dark, dark, dark. Not at all like fluffy ASCaP.

Tessa August 21, 2015 at 6:33 PM

Just saw the comment, Jean. :) Thank you. I’m glad to add to your addiction?

Tessa August 21, 2015 at 7:03 PM

Read two pages of Mighty Storm, and yep, I’ve read it. I honestly don’t remember much, though. I remember flashes, so it’s a good re-read? *sighs* Stupid memory.

bev August 21, 2015 at 8:15 PM

Hey, Maryse? You know what everyone has read and talked about? Fallen Crest High.

See what I did there Tessa? FCH & WiR have become my life goals, lol.
That’s so very sad.

bev August 21, 2015 at 8:19 PM

Question? When you type Maryse, in your head does anyone else hear Maurice? Then I start singing in my head.

Fabi August 21, 2015 at 8:23 PM

Uuhhh, …no Bev. But I bet I will now :-/ lol

bev August 21, 2015 at 8:45 PM

Lol, sorry Fabi.
My brain feels like a pocket full of fluff. Don’t feel like reading. :-( :’(
But hopefully last day of that.
Tempted to get a movie……

Tessa August 21, 2015 at 8:49 PM

*hugs* Some goals are just fun. Though, I can honestly say I never thought of that song. You said Maurice, and I thought of Beauty and the Beast instead. lol Get Princess Bride so we have more reason to tell Maryse to see it! :P

bev August 21, 2015 at 8:55 PM

I still can’t believe anyone has not seen that movie.

Tessa August 21, 2015 at 8:58 PM

ROFL I actually read the book first. My sister loved it and gave it to me. I devoured it. Then, we were at Blockbusters, and there was the movie. It’s one of the few movies that even after reading the book, I can’t say which is better.

bev August 21, 2015 at 8:59 PM

I thought he was so cute. And he has one of the best romantic lines ever!!!

bev August 21, 2015 at 9:02 PM

For me it is one of the rare times it’s the movie. Maybe because I read the book in my twenties so a very long time after I watched the movie in grade school.
Anne of Green Gables is like that for me. Love both book and movie equally. :-)

Maryse August 21, 2015 at 9:04 PM

OMG that song!!! LOL!!!! Yes… well. *snort*

:P

Maryse August 21, 2015 at 9:06 PM

I finished Renee Carlino’s Before We Were Strangers… very good and I’ll be reviewing along with video reactions tomorrow. I’m trying to decide if I’m a 4 or 4.5 on it…

And now I’m gonna watch a love story movie on Netflix that has great reviews. “The Best of Me” in case anyone wants to watch it, too. :D

Then tomorrow morning starting a new book. I’m thinking Jamie McGuire’s latest but that prisoner one is calling me…

Or maybe a good ol’ psych thriller.

bev August 21, 2015 at 9:19 PM

Maryse, you are a pompatus of love…..whatever that means.
Tessa, apparently mind control doesn’t work.
Inconceivable!

Maryse August 21, 2015 at 9:29 PM

bev…

I KNOW IT!!! :P

Er… not what that means, exactly, but that I am. LOL!

Tessa August 21, 2015 at 9:37 PM

See, you would totally get it if you saw the movie. :P We need to start a petition to get you to see this movie!

Maryse August 21, 2015 at 9:48 PM

Okay so you guys want me to watch Princess Bride? Does Netflix have it? I’m gonna look it up right now. :D

Maryse August 21, 2015 at 9:51 PM

Okay I can rent it on Amazon and watch it online!!! Hulu and Netflix is a no go for online watching…

bev August 21, 2015 at 9:58 PM

You will love it! You’ll have to tell us what you think.
Got side tracked & missed a chance to rent it for tonight. Yes I still rent at an actual store. :-)
Not as easy access in situations like this but I like that they know me and chat about the movies they like.

bev August 21, 2015 at 10:11 PM

Tessa, I know overused but…..
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya……..

Maryse August 21, 2015 at 10:29 PM

Is the other guy Zorro?

Tessa August 21, 2015 at 10:32 PM

First, YEAH!!! You have to give us your opinion. Love or hate, we don’t care.

Bev! :) You killed my father. Prepare to die.

That movie is so over-quoted, it’s wonderful.

Tessa August 21, 2015 at 10:32 PM

Rofl No. Though, I can see why you’d think so.

Maryse August 21, 2015 at 10:34 PM

I’m sure of course that he’s the “As you wish” farm boy… but then I thought maybe he converted himself into Zorro.

LOL!!

So far, it’s fun!!

bev August 21, 2015 at 10:34 PM

Ha! Zorro!

Maryse August 21, 2015 at 10:35 PM

He’s wrestling Andre the Giant right now. Or well… hanging off of him.

Cindy August 21, 2015 at 10:35 PM

Another great super angry prison book that I thought was very very good..
A Pound of Flesh by Sophie Jackson

Cindy August 21, 2015 at 10:36 PM

*super angsty lol … I bit of anger in there too ;)

bev August 21, 2015 at 10:37 PM

Andre the Giant in this movie. ♡♥♡♥♡

Maryse August 21, 2015 at 10:37 PM

both qualities sound perfectly suitable for my kind of books, Cindy. ;)

Amy August 21, 2015 at 10:42 PM

OMG, are you watching Princess Bride right now? Like, right this moment??? *squealing* I LOVED that movie!

I can actually taste the strawberry Twizzlers my BFF and I were gorging on the first time we watched it. :D

Amy August 21, 2015 at 10:44 PM

*perks up* Did someone say angsty?

Cindy used the magic word!!!!!

Tessa August 21, 2015 at 10:51 PM

Angsty does seem to get a response out of all of us. Pound of Flesh is 7.99 so wishlist for now.

I don’t remember what I ate, just being in shock that it was a movie that came out “years” before. To get an idea, I saw it at about 18 and Fred Savage is only a month older than me. lol

bev August 21, 2015 at 10:51 PM

Amy & Tessa didn’t you all want a Westley?
Much more appropriate than Labyrinth,lol. Maryse, you’ve watched Labyrinth, right?

Tessa August 21, 2015 at 10:57 PM

Hey! I was 10 when Labyrinth came out. I thought it was extremely romantic. Though, Wesley was super awesome too.

Cindy August 21, 2015 at 10:59 PM

7.99 huh? Darn… keep it in mind it’s a good one, maybe it’ll go down.

Amy August 21, 2015 at 11:05 PM

*sigh* Oh yes Bev, you have no idea how badly I wanted to be Buttercup after that movie. ;)

Um, I never saw Labyrinth…I wasn’t allowed because my mom said it looked demonic. :? Boo for me.

bev August 21, 2015 at 11:12 PM

Amy….. I’m shocked!! Honestly I think it explains so much about our reading habits. Lol. Watch as a child and see a romance, watch as an adult and…well…can see why your mom would be disturbed.

Maryse August 21, 2015 at 11:15 PM

LOL Amy!

And I was watching Cujo and Carrie and The Exorcist at like… 8 and 10 years old. Not demonic at all. ;)

*snort*

Tessa August 21, 2015 at 11:15 PM

You have to see Labyrinth, Amy! If nothing else, it would explain so much about all of us who saw it as a kid. Well, I can’t blame that movie. I fell for the evil Prince Lotor in Voltron when I was eight. I blame that tv show. :P

Tessa August 21, 2015 at 11:20 PM

Carrie? Cujo? Exorcist? Pfft, not me. I have an over-active imagination and even seeing one scene would have me waking up screaming in fear from my nightmares. I can read horror, not watch. Details are missing when you watch it, and then, my imagination takes over and… scream!

Anne August 21, 2015 at 11:27 PM

I love The Princess Bride! I saw it for the first time like a year ago. Anyone else fell in love with Inigo Montoya? I thought he was kinda sexy with the accent and all lol

Maryse The Best of Me is so sad!! I cried so much.

bev August 21, 2015 at 11:29 PM

Nope nope. No horror for me. Though in L he was the goblin king and like 20(?) Years older than her 15/16…. so there’s that.

Anne August 21, 2015 at 11:29 PM

Oh and I fell in love with Cary Elwes in Robin Hood:Men in Tights. That movie is so funny and romantic. Need to watch it again soon.

bev August 21, 2015 at 11:31 PM

I’m pretty sure I was in elementary school when I saw The Princess bride for the first time. I was 8 when it came out so probably not that long after.

bev August 21, 2015 at 11:45 PM

I was just looking something up with PB and never realized that was Christopher Guest. Have any of you watched his mockumentaries

Cheryl August 22, 2015 at 12:33 AM

Finally catching up on comments and Maryse’s awesome recs. Tired, so can’t decide what I’m reading next. Gonna sleep on it.

Don’t think I’ve seen Labyrinth.

Tessa August 22, 2015 at 12:36 AM

I haven’t seen him on anything else. :/

Tessa August 22, 2015 at 12:37 AM

Cheryl, when you can, see Labyrinth. Not sure why everyone sure, but it sure impacted me. Evil fairies!

bev August 22, 2015 at 12:58 AM

Bed for me. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll feel like reading. The weekend, yay!!!
I just saw this and thought of our cat lovers on here.

bev August 22, 2015 at 1:05 AM
Laura August 22, 2015 at 1:42 AM

Oh I loved labrynith!!! I used to act out the part in that film it was the best! Scary films no no no no doubt not watch them otherwise I can’t sleep at night or go to the toilet alone I case I heat killed by creeyness but I also haven’t seen/read the princess bride is it good? What’s it about

Marit August 22, 2015 at 3:39 AM

No, Maryse. I’m on book three in the Amy Benson series. It just came out. I think I need a little break from it and start something new. I’m struggling to finish it ;)

Lisa August 22, 2015 at 6:26 AM

Grey….Ive just read Before We Were Strangers, Cocky Bastard and Tyrant. Tyrant was probably a bit less dark than King but still enjoyable. Cocky Bastard was a super quick fun read and BWWS was classic Renee Carlino. You’ll enjoy them all.

Maryse August 22, 2015 at 8:38 AM

My little dream dog!!! A Frenchie!!!!! <3 Thank you bev!

Tessa August 22, 2015 at 9:39 AM

Another person not to have seen Princess Bride? *grins* Laura, maybe it was bigger in the US.

Synopsis: The Princess Bride is staged as a book read by grandfather (Peter Falk) to his ill grandson (Fred Savage). Falk’s character assures a romance-weary Savage that the book has much more to deliver than a simpering love story, including but not limited to fencing, fighting, torture, death, true love, giants, and pirates.

I fogot I pre-ordered Tribulations and Trials by LA Cotton. Good thing I did. It’s number three in the series and I want to know how it ends. Now I know why it was downloaded. :)

bev August 22, 2015 at 10:23 AM

Lol, your welcome. I love the bulldogs, just I think they might be the kind of dogs that need a lot more monitoring than I could give.

bev August 22, 2015 at 10:28 AM

Tessa, I’m curious as to adult reactions to Princess Bride. I mean a great movie for any age, but many of us watched it as a child or teen. I think sometimes you then have that type of love or joy it always colors it. Like Dirty Dancing. Please tell me you all watched DD as a child????
Amy, watch Labyrinth! I might try and rent it today.

bev August 22, 2015 at 10:30 AM

Oh, Tessa nice synopsis. I was wondering how to describe it, lol. I want Buttercups hair!
Laura, i think you’d love it and your wee one to as she gets older.

MichelleS August 22, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Oh Bev – glad you asked Michelle that, because my husband is pushing me HARD to get a French Bulldog and I am thinking no way! I want a Corgi. Have had Rotties and Chihuahua and Chihuahua mixes. Time for a medium dog.

For me, Princess Bride is one of those that is so bad it is good… takes a lot of talent to pull of that level of kitschy…. like Young Frankenstein. Love Mel Brooks.

It’s been back to school week for me. I’m an SLP, so NONE of it ever applies to me, which makes it even more boring and exhausting. Have read maybe 4 hours all week. BOO.

MichelleS August 22, 2015 at 10:50 AM

Ela – just got caught up – you’re reading Merry Gentry? HA! Unfortunatly, just like Anita Blake, it became a revolving door of lovers. Which is too too bad, because she creates male characters I really like. If she could just create some female leads, each person could get a great book! but NO…. just one girl needs to have all the guys. Hello Mary Sue on steroids. I’d rather Doyle, Frost and Gaelen get some great heroine that is NOT Merry.

Anyhoo – Tairen Soul is still a better Fae world for me….. and the Gaelen in this series is 10x better…..

bev August 22, 2015 at 10:56 AM

“So bad” *gasp*

That seems like an interesting job, MichelleS. What age do you work with again?

Fabi August 22, 2015 at 10:56 AM

You guys made me feel ancient. Watching PB when you were kids. Ugh. I watched it with my daughter when SHE was a kid. Lol

Jean August 22, 2015 at 11:01 AM

Okay guys, finished The Wife and liked it…not love. It was a little predictable and the h was a bit annoying at times. Had a hard time connecting to the characters. Probably 3.5 stars for me. It was good but I needed more yelling, screaming, fighting, hitting, throwing things, making up. …etc, etc.

NOW, I just started Something Beautiful……the prologue had me grinning like a loon! I’m loving it so far. …typical Jamie Mcguire!! Love it!

Tessa August 22, 2015 at 11:02 AM

Bev, I cheated and copied Amazon’s synopsis. I had no clue how to say that one. Dirty Dancing was awesome. I must have watched it a hundred times. Another romantic movie, and of course, I had to learn how to dance that part. lol

MichelleS, Tairen Soul was way better. Romantic, passionate, but such a good story and tons of tummy twists. Thank you for recommending that one! We need a Fae list, or maybe a PNR. I noticed Maryse’s best PNR hasn’t been updated in a long while. However, a good fae series is so hard to find, it needs a list. :)

Jean August 22, 2015 at 11:07 AM

Oh and I loved The Princess Bride….but never saw Labyrinth.

Those of you reading Souls Unfractured…..sigh….Flame will forever hold a special place in my heart! I love the Hades Hangmen series so much but Flame, yeah, he’s something special!

bev August 22, 2015 at 11:10 AM

Whoot to a lazy Saturday morn. Gilmore Girls on in background, coffee & coffee, cuddles with my dog, & chat with you ladies.:-)
Fabi, lol. What about Dirty Dancing & Labyrinth?
I’m feeling a nostalgic weekend coming on.

bev August 22, 2015 at 11:13 AM
Fabi August 22, 2015 at 11:17 AM

Labyrinth doesn’t ring a bell. I watched Dirty Dancing when it first came out. :-0. Wait….I watched Saturday Night Fever and Grease when they first came out. Those were my childhood movies. Oh and Jaws…I was traumatised for life. I was too young when I watched it and we lived in Florida (at the beach every weekend). So there you have it…ancient. LOL

Cheryl August 22, 2015 at 11:20 AM

OMG, the bulldog and goldendoodle pics are adorable!! My little bichon/ schnauzer mix is jealous!!

Still haven’t figured out what I am reading next. Read Cocky Bastard, Devious Minds (really funny light angst read), BWWS. Still have to finish King and then Tyrant. Just not sure what I am in the mood for.

bev August 22, 2015 at 11:21 AM

This is a chatty morn for me. I blame good sleep & coffee….but

1. Amy & Jean! Amyjean Amyjean!!! Let us see if we can rent it pleeeease.

2. Have you all ever wanted a pet based on a book? I wanted a Irish setter because of the Big Red books when like 9. And after reading the Aisling Grey series I’ve been interested in Newfoundlands.

Fabi August 22, 2015 at 11:25 AM

Bev, I do that too. I always live a book with an animal character that is well developed. Like if the author did good research or owns one herself.

Cheryl, I seating between King and Him next. But I’m only at 30% of my current one and I have to work all weekend. So I’ll have time to decide/change my mind. Lol I always feel ADD when it comes to books.

bev August 22, 2015 at 11:44 AM

Cheryl, that sounds absolutely adorable!

Fabi, you need a day off. I’ve never watched Jaws. Sharks terrify me anyway. I did as a child watch the Orca one, killing everyone, lol. I was even worried in the shower.

Amy August 22, 2015 at 1:33 PM

Watching Cujo and Carrie as a kid?? Sheesh, I had to sneak to watch those when they came on TV when my mom wasn’t home when I was in junior high. My parents were (actually still ARE) very, very conservative…hubby still gets stink eye from my mom when she visits and he puts on a movie she does not approve of. *snicker*

JAWS!!! I still love that movie. I’m so terrified of sharks that I would probably pee myself if I had to get in the water with that mechanical shark. But I LOVE Shark Week and still love to go in the ocean. Go figure.

Amy August 22, 2015 at 1:36 PM

Jean…so, The Wife is a no-go? *slumps shoulders* That sucks. But thanks for the heads up my little GP!

Maryse, looking forward to your review of BWWS. It was about a 4 star for me…maybe a 4.5 at some points but overall a 4 star. How fun and carefree though were they in college?? Those parts were adorable.

MichelleS August 22, 2015 at 2:22 PM

Freddy Krueger scared me to death when I was in middle school. First real horror movie I watched. The idea that someone could come kill you in your dreams. Shudder.

Bev – this year I have the big kids, Middle and High. But I’ve done it all (early childhood to dementia and stroke and nursing home care).

Laura August 22, 2015 at 2:39 PM

Ok just to clarify we are talking about the David Bowie labrynith right? Oh ok the princess bride will be checked out as the little one loves to read to far but it consists of books that go: a boot, a hat now who is that?! And when she reads it everything is a boot even the hat
Oh agreed Jean I was wanting flames book since the first one he’s my kind of hero *sigh*
Ok I’m reading bourbon kings just started because I love jr ward I’m giving it a go soooo have u all read it? What am I in for?

Lisa August 22, 2015 at 2:43 PM

Hi guys, you really have to check out Wicked as They Come (A Blud Novel Series Book 1). It was absolutely frickin awesome and a breath of fresh air TBH.Its so far one of my favorite books this year :) i was looking for something a little different and by God i found it lol. From Crinminy Stain (sigh) to those damn bludbunnies LMAO. you’ll see what i mean ^^. Let me know what you think x

Michelle August 22, 2015 at 2:49 PM

Ok that took a lot of scrolling to find your question Bev. French Bulldogs are great little dogs. They do not need a lot of room, not much grooming and are less ‘yappy’ as far as little dogs go. The Frenchies I’ve seen are very affectionate too and loyal but need a firm hand or they will dominate a less strict owner quickly. I adore the blue (grey) Frenchies and my sister is actually considering getting one. The big negative is they can be high maintenance medically. Any breed that has the short headed, kinda smushed in face, can have respiratory issues and many offshoots of this. You can google brachycephalic syndrome and read about it. They also can have joint and spinal disorders due to their build and body type. Keeping them a good weight and finding a reputable breeder/source is very important. I guess I would say to be aware that they can be expensive to keep if respiratory or skeletal issues pop up.

Laura August 22, 2015 at 3:09 PM

Ok guys u know we have Amy’s personal questions the other day (do not start with the forest and puking again) I have a personal one of you all want to answer it but sometimes when we are talking and you guys are at work and all I wonder where do you guys work and as what? I will start I am a dental nurse I think you guys call it dental assistant and I work for the nhs!!! Next!!

bev August 22, 2015 at 4:01 PM

Michelle, thanks. I figured the personality was great, have heard the same of English & have met a couple interesting pugs. Got to be the nose, lol. It was the potential health issues that I was thinking of. Also, have people tell me that they didn’t always like leaving alone cause making sure the temp is pretty moderate for them.

bev August 22, 2015 at 4:04 PM

Laura, dentist scare me, lol. I think I know most. Not Amy, I think she may be Money Penny.
Jean says she works at a law office…..

Cheryl August 22, 2015 at 5:06 PM

MichelleS, I feel your pain with back to school. I’m a school nurse, so not much pertains to me either!! ;)

Just finished reading French Kissing- cute, lighthearted, well-written, friends to lovers, fast read!! Now what??!!

Anne August 22, 2015 at 7:52 PM

Reading Foreplay and its a pretty quick read. Its more a novella than a novel. I am liking it so far. When I finish I think I am finally going to start the BDB series :D

bev August 22, 2015 at 8:01 PM

Time to decide if having a book or movie night.

Maryse, what did you think of Princess Bride???

bev August 22, 2015 at 8:38 PM

Its Tessaaaaa!!

Tessa August 22, 2015 at 8:48 PM

*grins* My favorites zaniness. Though, over here, I want to know about Princess Bride too! After all, Maryse thought Wesley was Zorro. Hehehe I never caught the similarity, but OMG, she’s right!

Lisa August 22, 2015 at 9:35 PM

Hi other Lisa. I can only find Wicked As They Come as a paperback?? Is this series not available for Kindle?? Anyone??

bev August 22, 2015 at 9:39 PM

Alright Moneypenny, don’t say I don’t listen to your recs. I may never go in the ocean again. Starting Jaws in like 30. Hold me, lol. Or join me.

Tessa August 22, 2015 at 9:42 PM

Uh uh. No Jaws for me. I grew up next to the beach. NOPE.

bev August 22, 2015 at 9:54 PM

C’Mon Tessa. Be an adventure buddy. I never ever do horror. Is it considered horror?

bev August 22, 2015 at 10:26 PM

Just started. Luckily have seen the beginning, like everyone by now. I think I remember my mom mentioning it. Probably seeing it unspoiled when it came out would of been crazy.

bev August 22, 2015 at 10:27 PM

Just so you know I may talk myself through it.

Tessa August 22, 2015 at 10:57 PM

I’ll stick to Spongebob out of Water. *grins* Kid movie night.

bev August 22, 2015 at 11:12 PM

Well…..there are children in the movie.
Seriously, a man eating night hunting shark and you take a boat out at night to find it???

Tessa August 22, 2015 at 11:39 PM

lol Well, then I guess I’m fine. I haven’t gotten into the ocean at night since I was a teen. Now, next movie, non kid one, Insurgent.

bev August 22, 2015 at 11:50 PM

So far only made me jump twice & one I’ve seen 100x. The bigger boat scene. They think 25ft. Lol. Have you seen the pregnant biggest alive caught on film just in the news? I thought it was a whale.

bev August 22, 2015 at 11:53 PM
Tessa August 22, 2015 at 11:56 PM

Oh, that is huge. Yet, they don’t scare me. I know normally we taste nasty to them. It’s just the surfer in black that look like seals sunning themselves that seem to need to worry.

fabi August 23, 2015 at 12:02 AM

omg, that thing could swallow that guy up whole

bev August 23, 2015 at 12:17 AM

Did you guys ever watch Open Water? The Indianapolis story reminded me of it. * shiver* now I’m scaring myself.

bev August 23, 2015 at 12:29 AM

I think Richard Dryfuss and Logan have the same laugh.

Anne August 23, 2015 at 1:13 AM

Finished Foreplay and it was ok. It was too short and I feel the story its not complete. It ended on the best part and left me hanging. A 2.75/5 for me.

bev August 23, 2015 at 1:26 AM

So, not too bad. Course so ott scared of sharks nothing will make that worse, lol.
Tomorrow I will read again. * shakes fist*

Amy August 23, 2015 at 2:54 AM

Okay Bev, what/who is Moneypenny and why am I being called that?? Sorry I missed ya when you were watching Jaws or else I would’ve been here to (virtually) hold your hand through it. ;) It’s good though for a 40-year-old movie!

Oh, and that great white shark pic…

Hell.

Amy August 23, 2015 at 3:04 AM

I got *completely* pulled into a book today, and I was not expecting that at all…Blue Plate Special by Michelle Kwasney. I bought it over two years ago and kind of randomly picked it out earlier today, and here it is almost 1:00 in the morning and I just finished it. Wow. WOW. Three interlinking stories from three different decades running at the same time, but it absolutely works. Already knowing what’s coming in two of the stories and that there is *nothing* that can be changed in them was pretty tough at times, but the third story offsets all of it with some actual hope.

*sigh* THIS, my friends, was a great hidden gem. :D

bev August 23, 2015 at 9:56 AM

Amy, if you scroll up you’ll find a post from Laura. You inspired her to ask a personal question. She is curious about what we do and where we all work. She shared what she does. :-)
My guess was that you are Moneypenny. Moneypenny is M’s secretary in the James Bond world. To be honest I just like “saying”Moneypenny.

Jean August 23, 2015 at 10:10 AM

Amy,you have me intrigued. I was just wondering how many gems I have that haven’t been read yet…..love when one of us finds one!

I went back to me TBR too…I’m reading All of Me by Gina Sorelle. I think I remember bev liking it. It is so good. Heroine is sassy and strong…love that!

bev August 23, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Jean, Stella!! She is a pretty great heroine, and a nurse, for our nurse friends. And he is so broken, which i know you like. ;-)

fabi August 23, 2015 at 11:04 AM

Ok guys, I finished Wanderlust. Now I have to decide between King and HIM next. What do you suggest? Has anyone read both?

bev August 23, 2015 at 11:50 AM

Fabi, I’ve only read Him. I liked it. It wasn’t a jump- up and -down- everyone -read right -now book, but a good solid one. Very very likable leads. And of course good writing. :-)
I’m about to finish a book and deciding on what is next. I was going to go with what i have but I see in Maryse’s fb feed Zapata has a new one out. Shorter than Kulti but I really want to her some house work in so maybe better that way? *shrug* still deciding.

fabi August 23, 2015 at 11:51 AM

Another one out? It doesn’t seem like Kulti came out that long ago.

bev August 23, 2015 at 11:52 AM

Fabi you work with HS age like MichelleS, right?
MichelleS, still think your job sounds so cool. :-)
Cheryl, what age do you work with?

fabi August 23, 2015 at 11:52 AM

Junior College so just a tiny bit older.

fabi August 23, 2015 at 11:54 AM

Although, of course I also have tons of so called “non-traditional” students who can be any age.

bev August 23, 2015 at 11:55 AM

I’m all the way at the other end of the age spectrum. Pre-k. Lol.

bev August 23, 2015 at 11:57 AM

Now I’m curious, Fabi. Non-traditional?

fabi August 23, 2015 at 12:00 PM

Awww you’ve got the little bitty cute ones.

It’s a silly term in my opinion, but its used a lot in college environments to designate students who are not right out of high school. Maybe someone who’s been in the workforce or military and has gone back to college. Some updating their skills or going for a second degree. That sort of thing. They tend to be older than the typical recent high school grad.

fabi August 23, 2015 at 12:03 PM

Right now I have two jobs because I’m still working with my brother kicking off his new company. I try not to get overwhelmed but with classes starting now I’m certainly feeling a bit anxious.

bev August 23, 2015 at 12:13 PM

I’m one of your non traditionals, lol.
I hope you brother’s is going well, and yes that would all be very overwhelming. You need a vacation in there somewhere.

Amy August 23, 2015 at 12:21 PM

Bev, I saw Laura’s post up there about jobs (but forgot to post my answer, oops!) and then saw the Money Penny comment but had no idea what it meant…guess I could’ve googled it but that would have been too easy. ;)

Nope, my job isn’t anything glamorous like Money Penny (there’s your chance to say it again Bev). I audit and QA medical documents from home.

I really admire all of you who work with students and patients in any capacity! :D

fabi August 23, 2015 at 12:22 PM

Bev, me too. I’ve gone back several times and I’m considering going back yet again. Lol

fabi August 23, 2015 at 12:24 PM

Amy, I just can’t get motivated working from home. I admire people who can do that. Every time I’ve tried its been a disaster for me. I guess I’m just not self motivated.

Amy August 23, 2015 at 12:29 PM

Jean, I really do think it was great, and I’m so glad I randomly picked it out yesterday. It’s listed as 9.99 on Amazon (yikes!) so I’m assuming I grabbed it at a lower price. I’ll watch it on ereaderiq.com and let y’all know if it drops because it really was a hidden gem in my library. :D And like you, now I’m wondering how many others are hidden in there!

bev August 23, 2015 at 12:30 PM

Amy, agree with Fabi on that. I’d never get done on time. It definitely takes a self motivation and discipline I have a hard time with.

Amy August 23, 2015 at 12:40 PM

To be honest Fabi, it’s getting a little boring and I would love to work directly with patients. I’m considering entering a midwifery program next year, and all I would have to do is update my sciences. Only downside is it is a 3-year program, but it is a Master’s program and I’m not THAT old. ;) If I can get a good 15 years out of that career then I would be happy.

Oh! BPS is lendable if anyone is interested. :D I love when the cover is nothing special but the inside is just wonderful. I’m getting tired of being mislead by all the pretty covers out there and then nothing special is on the inside. :? However, with cheesy covers I have to get a strong rec from y’all before I will try it ’cause cheesy covers are just…no. They make me cringe, LOL!

Amy August 23, 2015 at 12:43 PM

Bev, it took some getting used to but I love working in my jammies. And it is VERY easy to get distracted, especially when I don’t have a boss looking over my shoulder, but it’s no fun getting a where-is-that-report email either so that keeps me on track. ;)

fabi August 23, 2015 at 12:47 PM

Amy, you’re never too old. There are people in retirement age learning new skills and getting degrees.

bev August 23, 2015 at 12:53 PM

Amy, midwife, that’s awesome. So, math/science person?
So, i honestly do not know much of the Bond world. And yes I like the name. Here is the more recent Moneypenny.

bev August 23, 2015 at 12:56 PM

Since just the 3 of us I’ll let my, um, odd flag fly. Jean is a name of a character I love played by Judi Dench (adore)…..so yeah, that’s how I think of Jean. Lol.

Amy August 23, 2015 at 1:13 PM

Thanks Fabi. *big hug* That’s just the sort of encouragement I need.

Want to know what a conundrum this is though? I’m going to pretend y’all said yes to that question and answer it anyway. :P We may have the opportunity to move to Hawaii in two to three years, but if I’m in the middle of the program then we wouldn’t go. Living in Hawaii versus awesome job… *holds hands in weighing motion* It honestly is a tough decision. :?

Bev, I’m more of a science person but I can tolerate math more than other subjects like psychology and sociology stuff. I hated those classes!

Amy August 23, 2015 at 1:13 PM

Oh, and I love Judi Dench…even her one-minute cameo in Pirates of the Caribbean!

fabi August 23, 2015 at 1:17 PM

Amy, is there an option for an online program? Even if its partially online you may be able to have your cake and eat it too. I completed my Masters mostly online while working full time and raising two little ones on my own. It can be done!

bev August 23, 2015 at 1:35 PM

Yes, try for both. Wherever you start your Master’s at they may be able to help set that up for you. Oh, I love those types of classes its the math/science that……*shudder*
Well time to try and be self motivating for a bit. If anyone goes for the new Zapata let me know, may join in.

Lisa August 23, 2015 at 1:37 PM

Hi other lisa , i actually was given it from a friend. It was really such a good book but i cant see it in kindle version which is odd :/

Lisa August 23, 2015 at 1:40 PM
Cheryl August 23, 2015 at 1:46 PM

Bev, I work with K-6th grade. I also work about one day/week at a hospital in the cardiac cath lab with adults. Kinda best of both worlds as far as nursing experience goes.

I did a school nurse certification program online. Most medical based programs have some sort of online program nowadays. Probably just need to coordinate your clinical component with hospital/ doctor’s office where you live. Maybe can have Hawaii and mid-wife program too! ;)

Cheryl August 23, 2015 at 1:50 PM

Jean, I have All of Me in my tbr too. Forgot h is a nurse, may have to be my next read. I’ve been looking at my tbr and samples I downloaded on my kindle, but nothing has clicked so far. Just want an intense read that perhaps is unique story.

Hmmm,maybe I’ll go for a run and think on it…

Cheryl August 23, 2015 at 2:13 PM

Bev, I was going to buddy read with you, until I realized Zapata’s latest book sounded familiar. I read it when it was a fanfiction, The Golden Giants Tour by walkingwithgiants. I really liked it!

Laura August 23, 2015 at 3:46 PM

Bev whenever u go to the dentist just think of it as me talking in my Scottish accent it will be a breeze!! Lol, it’s not to bad I love the surgical part of the job but I can not deal with mucus it makes me want to puke and people think it’s ok to spit it in my spittoon I have to clean that and gag while doing so not ok!!!

Amy August 23, 2015 at 4:19 PM

Thanks ladies, you are all so supportive…love y’all so much!! The program is partially online along with classroom and clinical training. *sigh* I have no idea what to do but will have to decide by year’s end.

Fabi…wow. You’re amazing, lady.

So I’m thinking either Station Eleven or that magic-vampire one. I’m drained after MBM and BPS…but in the best possible way! :D

Amy August 23, 2015 at 4:21 PM

Um, sorry for the acronyms…MBM is My Biggest Mistake and BPS is Blue Plate Special. Dang, I’ve been thinking of that book nonstop today. Yeah, it was that good. ;)

bev August 23, 2015 at 4:32 PM

Laura, I’ll ask my dentist to speak in a Scottish accent, next time. Be Alot more fun.
Amy, maybe classroom here & clinical there. Either way it sounds like a very exciting time for you.
Finished Good Time Bad Boy and wished it was stretched out more. The writing and tone was so great I would of liked to dig in more. Not sure next read but doesn’t look like I’ll have as much time as I first thought.

bev August 23, 2015 at 4:37 PM

Amy have I ever mentioned how much I’d like to visit Hawaii?
Honestly I want to see everywhere. Here in the states and everywhere else. My top ones change often but if you could pick top 5??

1. The Highlands of Scotland
2 Paris
3Venice
4Prince Edward Island
5 DC or New Orleans
Ok little cheat.

Anne August 23, 2015 at 5:14 PM

Happy Sunday everyone! What are you guys reading?

Oh a new Mariana Zapata book? Yaay! Going to start it today :D I started reading Dark Lover yesterday and I don’t know I wasn’t really into it. Maybe I’ll try again some other time.

So question. What’s your favorite PNR/Fantasy/Fae romance book/series of all time?

Anne August 23, 2015 at 5:16 PM

Bev I would love to visit the Highlands of Scotland and England, specially the countryside. It must be because of all those HR book I’ve read but I find those places so magical.

Michelle August 23, 2015 at 7:11 PM

Bev, I’m sooo disappointed here! Finished Lord of Scoundrels and it was not the 5* explosion I was expecting considering this is THE historical read for some. It was good don’t get me wrong but I’m underwhelmed after the buildup :(

Going with something completely different and sticking to my TBR – starting Heart Recaptured and then Flame’s story which im DYING to read!

Jean August 23, 2015 at 7:24 PM

Michelle, you will love them. Aahh Flame…..love him!

I am loving All of Me …..Cheryl you should definitely read it!

Jean August 23, 2015 at 7:26 PM

On a boat right now headed back to land and then 2 hour car ride home….damn Monday mornings come fast!

Tessa August 23, 2015 at 7:26 PM

One of these days, Michelle, we need to get you on Goodreads so I can see your stuff.

I missed a lot being with little dude today. All I gotta say is, all you nurse/ doctor types, hats off to you. I start sweating in fear at the idea of needles.

Reading Tribulations and Truths. I enjoyed the first book and the second book, but this one is SLOW. I just want it to get to the point already and for Jackson to stop being dumb.

Places to visit: (You’ll see a theme)
1. England, specifically the Tower of London and Warwick Castle
2. Rome
3. Paris
4. Ireland, especially the southern coast
5. Scotland

Amy, also look into if the school can have transferable classes with one in Hawaii. Most colleges do.

Magic Vampire one?

Michelle August 23, 2015 at 7:27 PM

Don’t get me too worked up Jean, I already want to just skip to book 3!

Tessa August 23, 2015 at 7:28 PM

Anne, favorite of all time? PNR/fantasy/ etc? Harry Potter series. *still is feeling dumb about not mentioning it*

Michelle August 23, 2015 at 7:31 PM

I know Tessa, goodreads is too much of a project to get organized right now. I started on it but when I learned all my nook books do not sync…ehh I gave up! Someday I WILL get it in order and utilize it over my spreadsheets.

Tessa August 23, 2015 at 7:46 PM

You think I have them all on there? I’ve been a member for years and still go, oh, wait. I read that whole series! It’s a slowl process. I don’t have all of my amazon stuff on there, and there is a sync button for those. :P

Jean August 23, 2015 at 7:47 PM

Michelle, Lilah and Ky”s story is good too but I have a soft spot for Flame!

Lisa August 23, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Amy I studied my Bachelor of Health Science in Occupational Therapy reallly late in life (not quite retirement age..). Now I teach at the Uni and act as a clinical placement supervisor for students out on placement, plus I just started research. I did most of my degree in my PJs!!! Isn’t that the beauty of technology.

I think someone here is a vet….Ive just taken my beautiful rescue cat to get checked after the neighbors cat attacked him. He’s generally an indoor cat….for obvious reasons as he now has an infection & high temp from a cat bite!! Poor baby.

Lisa August 23, 2015 at 8:28 PM

Anne,
Favourite PNR, fantasy etc is a toss up between BDB JR Ward and Penryn and the End of Days series Susan Ee, which is a bit more YA than BDB.
Loved Lauren Oliver’s dystopian Delirium and Justin Cronin’s The Passage and The Twelve also.

Lisa August 23, 2015 at 8:34 PM

Thanx other Lisa for the link.

Anyone….what is the new Marina Zapata titled?? Loved Kulti.

bev August 23, 2015 at 8:53 PM

Tessa HP series for me too, hands down.

bev August 23, 2015 at 8:54 PM

Lisa, Rhythm, Chord, & Malykin.

bev August 23, 2015 at 8:58 PM

Jean, first do you look at all like Judi Dench?
Second, who is Flame??
Michelle, that’s disappointing. But will still read it some time.
Have a few books that look good to me, just need to decide.

Lisa August 23, 2015 at 9:09 PM

Thank you Bev. One clicked. It was weird that it didn’t come up on Amazon under her name but I found it under its title. Cheers.

Grey August 23, 2015 at 9:13 PM

Oh my goodness…Cheryl we could be twins. (with a little Amy thrown in for good measure) I too, am a school nurse. And I moonlight on Labor & Delivery… we go back on September 8th… I’m ready for my routine again. I feel out of sorts having so much down time over summer break.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I’m trying to decide what I’m going to read to celebrate. *giggle* I know…getting wild in my old age. *facepalm* next thing I know, I’ll be picking out mom-jeans and letting the glittery strands of my hair stay their own silver color!

Jean August 23, 2015 at 9:18 PM

Lol bev, no I don’t look like judi.

Flame is in the third book of Hades Hangmen series, Souls Unfractured, by Tillie Cole, and he’s so broken!

Anne August 23, 2015 at 9:24 PM

Tessa I love Harry Potter! I read the entire series once a year :D

Lisa thanks for the recs! I tried reading the first in the BDB series but I wasn’t feeling it. Checking the Penryn and the End of Days series.

Cheryl August 23, 2015 at 9:25 PM

Amy, I initially did my nursing degree in one state, Virginia, then finished in California. I would look into where you would be living in Hawaii and see if classes are transferable from where you are now.

Jean, I started All of Me. Liking how bold Stella is as opposed to how messed up Nathan is!! I don’t usually like both POV’s but for right now it’s working to show how messed up Nathan is. Have a feeling there’s going to be some heavy sh*t is coming our way with all the baggage the two of them have!! ;)

bev August 23, 2015 at 9:29 PM

Isn’t Stella’s family great? There is one section when I couldn’t decide whether to kick him or hug him. Lol.

bev August 23, 2015 at 9:33 PM

Amy, if you peek back in. I watched Jaws & a couple weeks ago Boondock Saints.
So i think you should go Labyrinth next weekend. ;-)
Right, Tessa?
You remind me of the man…

Cheryl August 23, 2015 at 9:35 PM

Grey our students go back September 8 too, but I have to go back the 1st.

As far as recs, did you read BWWS and Cocky Bastard? Also, I read Devious Minds which was funny and had a little angst. Also, French Kissing was a quick, lighthearted read.

Happy early birthday!!! :)

Lisa August 23, 2015 at 9:44 PM

Anne, book one of BDB is Wrath/Beths story isn’t it? Give them another try and maybe read z and Bella’s story first (Lover Awakened)….its awesome and a bit like Archeron as it goes back over the history of the group.
Penryn/ Angelfall series is excellent. Loved them.

fabi August 23, 2015 at 9:47 PM

Happy early birthday Grey. Pick a great one. :-)

I started HIM and I’m loving it. @40% and haven’t been able to put it down. These authors are awesome. Their writing flawless.

Tessa August 23, 2015 at 9:55 PM

Anne, you are the first person (I think) who didn’t feel the BDB series besides me. I keep trying because so many people love it, but I always end up thinking, meh. I hate to say it, but I know the big problem for me is…
Wait. Let me get into this bomb shelter. *closes the door to her bomb shelter*
I don’t like her writing.

bev August 23, 2015 at 9:56 PM

Grey. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Wow, so many august births around these parts.

Tessa August 23, 2015 at 9:57 PM

Happy early birthday Grey! I can’t say anything about your choice because that was my choice too. lol

fabi August 23, 2015 at 9:59 PM

I love this line from HIM
“Good thing he’s not a traffic cop, because he’s sending enough mixed signals to cause a ten-car pileup.”
Made me laugh.

bev August 23, 2015 at 10:00 PM

Tessa, lol. She has her writing ticks for sure. They were hit and miss for me, haven’t kept up. *shrug*
Need to narrow down my book choices and pick one, but leaning toward the Winter Sea.

Lisa August 23, 2015 at 10:20 PM

Tessa I totally get this. Although I love JR Wards writing I feel like you do about… (clambers into bomb shelter too) Kristen Ashley’s writing…..I’ll read her books cos I’m ensured of a HEA but sometimes I get sooo bogged down with her verbose sugary, flowery c**p. It gives me tooth ache. (Yikes….ducks for incoming missiles).

Tessa August 23, 2015 at 10:37 PM

:) I get that. And my issue is JR Wards not enough description. I still don’t know what that house’s design is. I just imagine a dorm because that’s about all the description I get, and for some reason, the meeting table in the back yard?

Lisa August 23, 2015 at 11:30 PM

Tessa……wow that’s so interesting. I have such a clear visual of all her characters and scenarios. That’s definately not an issue for me with BDB.

Talking about book quirks like this…….Ive just been writing up my top ten over the weekend and it made me think about those books that drive you crazy with all the miscommunication and misunderstandings that keep your H/h apart.
If you were the friend in these scenarios…..would you speak up or intervene in some way ????
Thinking of Before We Were Strangers or The Pact or books like that.

What do you think people?????
What are you’re worst/best miscommunication books?
???

Niki August 24, 2015 at 1:29 AM

Jean, do you think I have to read the second Hades Hangman book to read the third??? I read about 30% of it but did not enjoy lilah and ky but I want to read Flame and Maddies story!!

Laura August 24, 2015 at 2:07 AM

Tessa Lisa??? KA and JR ward?! You guys and killing me those are 2 of my favourites although I do see you points sometimes when reading KA who I really love the surroundings get to much of a description like furniture and knick knacks.
Guys this list of mine will be sad to you guys
1. Vegas
2. New York
3. Rome
4. New Orleans
5. Maldives

Fabi August 24, 2015 at 2:40 AM

I just finished HIM. I’ll hate myself tomorrow, but I couldn’t put it down and read straight through. I laughed, I cried…it was so good. Happy tears. The only kind I like in my stories. I’ve got all the warm and fuzzy feels. :-)

Jean August 24, 2015 at 7:54 AM

Niki, yeah you should really read the 2nd book…..the story flows right onto Flame’s book. I know Lilah was a bit annoying at times.

Happy birthday Grey!

Cheryl, isn’t it great! I love Stella too and her family. THEY ARE ALL SO REAL! Just great writing! Definite baggage for both of them…..can’t wait to see how it all plays out!

Cheryl August 24, 2015 at 9:15 AM

Amy, what is the site you use to track when a book’s price goes down? I really like the blurb to Who Do You Love, but at $12.99 and with some mixed reviews, not sure it’s worth it.

Has anyone read this one?

Anne August 24, 2015 at 11:38 AM

Lisa yes its Wrath/Beth’s story. I know many love Z so maybe I’ll give that one a try :)

Tessa I think that’s my problem too! And I feel thats why I didn’t like The Bourbon Kings either.

Happy Birthday Grey!!

I am in a reading slump. All the books I’ve tried recently have been DNF’d for me. The last one was Sugar Baby Beautiful. It was so unrealistic it was painful. The h is a music prodigy and an amazing dancer (ballet) with zero formal training. She is just so amazing she is a better dancer than a girl that has trained her entire life and that has danced for many famous ballet companies. Oh and the h hasn’t danced in forever but picks up an intricate choreography in less than a minute. And composes music better than Mozart. I mean come on!! *enda rant*

Don’t know what to read to get out of this slump :(

Jean August 24, 2015 at 11:53 AM

Anne, how about All of Me by Gina Sorelle? I am loving it…..really strong female heroine and broken hero (which we all know I love)!

Try to go back to BDB series…i just love it, but Z and Rhage are definite favorites of mine!

Anne August 24, 2015 at 12:28 PM

Thank you Jean! I’ll look into All of Me. I love a broken hero too :)

I’ll try and get back to the BDB some other time but like Tessa I think my problem is the writing. I might be in the minority here but I just can’t connect with J.R.Wards writing :/

Jean August 24, 2015 at 12:43 PM

I get it Anne! I have the same problem with some Kristen Ashley books…*ducking from objects being thrown in my direction*

Fabi August 24, 2015 at 1:20 PM

I need to start King next but I am in a bit of a fog from HIM. Cheryl, I know you didn’t like it that much, but it was perfect for me. Sweet, low drama, good communication, witty dialogue, etc. I’m so tempted to just start it again. I think Elle Kennedy has earned a firm place as one of my favorite authors. I need to read another of Sabrina Bowen’s too.

Cheryl August 24, 2015 at 2:33 PM

Anne, I’m reading All of Me now too based on Jean’s recs. I’m liking the strong female h and the H just grabs your heart because he’s so messed up.

I’m in the minority also with KA; agree with just too wordy.

Fabi, are you talking about King or Him? Little confused because I wouldn’t call King sweet or witty. I haven’t read Him, but I do love the two authors previous books. I dnf King, but probably my mood, going to try again soon.

fabi August 24, 2015 at 3:02 PM

Oops, sorry Cheryl. I thought it was you who said HIM was just alright for you.

We get so chatty sometimes *culprit raises hand* that it’s hard to remember who said what.

Grey August 24, 2015 at 4:20 PM

Thanks for all the birthday wishes *twirls in a circle* happy birthday to me!!!

New tablet (kindle) because mine was broken. Hooray, no more reading on my phone!

Tessa August 24, 2015 at 6:23 PM

Woot! Happy Birthday Grey. That sounds like a perfect present. :)

MichelleS August 24, 2015 at 6:39 PM

Happy Birthday Grey (with the coolest name ever for a woman, BTW)… and a new tablet? woo-hoo

Now whatcha’ reading?

MichelleS August 24, 2015 at 6:43 PM

And on the KA and JR Ward talk…. I can totally see why someone would NOT like their writing style. I even get annoyed by it sometimes. With ward it’s her weird hip-hop lingo for vamps that are hundreds of years old (she has toned that down some), anytime the lessers were mentioned (skip over it), and all the talk about what shoes Butch wears, or their “shit kickers”. ACK! And similarly for KA – that she uses “honey” all the time, describes every room and outfit in too much detail, and fails to use the word “if”…. in every single book….. gets old. They are still on my favorites though because of the amazing characters these ladies dreamed up. Some of the best men and woman ever. Having said that, most of their recent stuff has been DNF for me, or really struggled to get through them.

bev August 24, 2015 at 6:50 PM

Fabi, It was me, lol. I thought it was a good solid read with great writing and characters, just not head over heels. But one I’d rec to people.

fabi August 24, 2015 at 6:56 PM

*face palms* I knew it was you. Poor Cheryl, I was putting words in her mouth and she was all “huh, who, me, what?” Sorry guys.

bev August 24, 2015 at 7:05 PM

MichelleS, I know on the first I’ll one click the new KA. But……I’m really having a problem with the pace of her books. Her books are super long and so I wish she’d slow the romance down by a lot. They are in the your mine place and i wish they’d be in the “oh, butterflies” time. Also, the heroines forgive quick. I as the reader am still fuming. Even if the forgive easy a little time to think things through wouldn’t hurt.

bev August 24, 2015 at 7:09 PM

Oh, Fabi we chatter so much I forget whole conversations, lol.

Cheryl August 24, 2015 at 7:21 PM

LOL Fabi. I am guilty too for getting who commented mixed up, plus I am too lazy to scroll back up thru the comments sometimes. Maybe that’s what I’m supposed to read next! ;)

Tessa August 24, 2015 at 7:38 PM

Finished Every Last Breath. I have to say, the end wasn’t predictable until it was finished. However, I was so torn on who she should end up with I don’t think I’ll ever be satisfied with the choice, even if it had been the other guy. Both were just that awesome.

*looks at the clock* I want my book!

Michelle August 24, 2015 at 7:50 PM

Happy Birthday Grey! I’m thinking about a new kindle too since I need more space for all these books!

Lisa, that’s too bad about your kitty. I just saw a similar situation and make sure you booster rabies if he was not up to date and doing the feline leukemia/FIV test is always smart if he was exposed to some random cat. The cat I just saw tore his nail out he got into such a big fight – ouch!

Bev, I want to read Winter Sea. Have had the book again forever and still on my tbr…

Lilah and Ky are ok so far. I like the whole religious cult plot so that keeps me entertained but yeah I’m really more intrigued about Flame so hope to finish up book 2 tonight :)

bev August 24, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Tessa, he is an a$$. But he has these flashes of sweetness and vulnerability.

Michelle, haven’t started yet. Think after dinner. Love the cover and really enjoyed another book by her. So fingers crossed.

Cheryl August 24, 2015 at 8:14 PM

Just noticed when I was looking at Capture that the author Rachel Van Dyken said the cover is her and her husband. Daammnn, great writer and hot couple. No fair!! ;)

fabi August 24, 2015 at 8:34 PM

I went ahead and started King on my lunch break. I’m not far along. It’s like the polar opposite of Him. I can’t afford another sleepless night though, tomorrow is going to be a 16 hour work day. Yeah me. Hahaha

bev August 24, 2015 at 10:04 PM

No fun Fabi. :-(

Tessa & Michelle, do you think we may have put to much pressure on FCH & WiR? Just how sometimes you can have too much hype?

Tessa August 24, 2015 at 10:15 PM

That is a definite possibility. However, we are fangirls of the series, so who knows? I think they are both at least enjoyable enough to take time to read and enjoy. There is preference, of course, but I think most will like them.

Cheryl August 24, 2015 at 10:15 PM

Ok it’s bugging me. I think I remember someone commenting about a book and comparing it to Thoughtless. Does anyone remember that?

Anne August 24, 2015 at 10:28 PM

That’s so cool about the Capture cover! Yeah hot couple!

Amy August 24, 2015 at 10:59 PM

Whoa, that’s a lot of comments to catch up on! :D

Cheryl…I use ereaderiq.com to track book prices. I know the other ladies have different sites they use, but that is the one that has worked for me.

Bev, five top places I would love to visit (in no particular order)…
1. New Zealand for the Milford trek
2. Australia
3. Bahamas
4. Italy
5. Anywhere in Europe with castles!!

Amy August 24, 2015 at 11:00 PM

Happy Birthday Grey!!!!!!!!!

Is it too late for me to whip up some birthday cake martinis?

Tessa August 24, 2015 at 11:08 PM

FCU is on my tablet. Now off to red because it’s only 9pm!

Tessa August 24, 2015 at 11:08 PM

read*

Amy August 24, 2015 at 11:21 PM

I thought “red” was supposed to be “bed” until I saw the correction…”bed” would have been fitting considering you have your book husband in your hands.

Yes, I meant that exactly the way it sounded. :P

Tessa August 24, 2015 at 11:31 PM

:P Soon. We’ll be together soon. Though, total cute except to Logan lovers. Kylie Scott has claimed Logan as her own.

bev August 24, 2015 at 11:41 PM

Amy & Tessa, I’m with you guys on the castles. The heroine in my book just came across one in Scotland.
“The hardened footpath stretched ahead of them, towards the sea, and at its end I saw the castle ruin standing stark and square and roofless to the swiftly running clouds, and as I looked at it I felt a sudden pulling urge to stay–to leave the car parked where it was and follow man and dog where they had gone, and hear the roaring of the sea around those crumbled walls.”

bev August 25, 2015 at 12:51 AM

Amy, had to look the trek up. Looks like fun, if in fun.
I’ve always thought something like the hike to Machu Picchu would be so cool, too.
The pics of the trek are amazing.

Jean August 25, 2015 at 8:48 AM

Until the End of the World is free today for any of you who haven’t read it yet! Soooo great!