BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!! YOU GUYS YOU GUYS YOU GUYS YOU GUYS!!!!!! OMG look what just went up for pre-order!!!!! *thud* Remember one of my ALL-TIME favorites from YEARS ago that i still think about all the time? Hearts in Darkness (Hearts in Darkness Duet Book 1) by Laura Kaye. The one where they are both stuck in the elevator and bond?
THE CONTINUATION to the story… OH.EM. GEE!!!!!! Love in the Light (Hearts in Darkness Duet Book 2) by Laura Kaye!!!!!
Here is book #1 and it does NOT end on a cliffhanger but I’m THRILLED TO DEATH that there is a sequel. *SQUEEEEEEE!!!!* It rocked my world and it will rock yours too! My review!!
SATURDAY MORNING BREAKING NEWS UPDATE (surprise releases & bargains):
- Knight and Sleigh: An erotic Lucien Knight Christmas novella by Kitty French <— JUST WENT LIVE (bargain priced!)
- The Complete Knight Trilogy: The USA Today Best-selling Lucien Knight Erotic Series by Kitty French <— And she bundled the trilogy and put it on super-sale for Christmas!!
- Transcendence by Shay Savage <— Nancy found us one of our absolute favorites on sale right now!! (my review)
Okay *phew*… back to our regularly scheduled program!!!
The Friday Finds list.
We’re doing it a little differently today. These are still our Friday finds, but we’re focusing on 5-star reader recommendations, since Summer needed our book help:
Summer: “I am in a total book funk! What was the last 5 star you all read? I’m not into paranormal just contemporary and dark reads are fine. It’s a crappy weather stay in my PJs kinda day and I need something to wow me. Thanks all have a great weekend!”
I can help with mine, but maybe you guys can suggest your absolute favorites?
And you guys came through (and we’re still WIDE-open to hearing about more, so leave your favorites in the comments). Scroll down to see this amazing list!! In fact… that one up there to the left? Withering Hope was recommended by one of our fellow readers as a 5-star read, and guess what? That blurb HAS me so it’s an immediate in my TBR list and in fact, I’m thinking of starting it next!! Oh and this one!! Talon <— She has to marry a total stranger, only meet him during the wedding (I think it’s a game show where they have to stay together for 6 months and then they win money) but the minute she sees him, she realizes he’s her worst nightmare. YIKES and YAY!!!!!! I wanna!!!
➜ OH AND! I’m posting the Kindle Fire, 7″ Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB – Includes Special Offers, Black release again, ’cause the deal is too great! One of our fellow readers Tracey LOVES it saying:
Tracey: the new kindle fire has a collections feature ….I can sort all my books in my Library now without having to download any apps…so far so good Im really liking it. Another good thing about this new fire is when you start a new book it gives you the option to read the blurb….handy if its a book you downloaded a while back and you can’t remember what its about. Yes its really quite a little gem of a tablet , as yet haven’t needed too expand the storage (its got 8gb which in reality once you have it up and running is more like 4.5gb) but have ordered an extra 32gb memory card just in case.
Wondering if this is the one for you? Check this out: Reader Question… Which Kindle should I buy?
➜ AND!! Whoa!!! Take an extra 25% off COUPON CODE on Amazon for any book! Check out the details, here (and the coupon code too):
Yvonne: Just went to Amazon and used the coupon you posted to pre-order Moning’s Feverborn! Great deal!
Maryse’s Book Blog: YAY Yvonne!!! Thank you for letting me know it worked.
Rebekah: Amaxing code!! thanks!!!
You can also check out all of TODAY’S AMAZON DAILY DEALS <— includes anything and everything in this category (electronics, video games, clothes, cool house gadgets) and a few of the Fires and Paperwhites are on sale, too!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
JUST RELEASED TODAY! SURPRISE!!!
- Within This Frame by Lindy Zart <— FORMER CELEBRITY AND HER PHYSICAL TRAINER ALERT! “It comes in the mail—a beautiful invitation that promises humiliation and horror. Unless Maggie Smiley, former child celebrity and now overweight recluse, gets her courage and motivation in check, along with her health…” This one sounds SO good, and I LOVE this author!!! Here’s my review of another one of her books: Book Review – Take Care, Sara
- Addiction (Talisman Book 3) by Sofia Grey
- Dirty Neighbor by Sam Crescent <— BAD NEIGHBOR ALERT! “Brant is an awful, dirty neighbor. He parties, has orgies in the garden, and turns her world upside down. After an ugly confrontation, Elisha has no choice but to apologize, and give him a chance…” sounds a bit like one of our favs, Neighbor from Hell series. Might be a fun romp!!
- Sunset Park (Five Boroughs) by Santino Hassell <— M/M ROMANCE NEW ROOMMATES ALERT! “David is Raymond’s opposite in almost every way—he’s Connecticut prim and proper while Raymond is a sarcastic longshoreman from Queens—but their friendship is solid. Their closeness surprises everyone as does their not-so-playful flirtation, since Raymond has always kept his bicurious side a secret…”
- Pieces of You <— SHE’S BLESSED & HE’S CURSED BUT THEY HAVE A BOND SINCE CHILDHOOD ALERT! “They meet at six and seven. Fall in love through the years. Form an unbreakable bond. Or so they thought. Love was never meant to be easy, and it never was for these two.”
- Fall In Love with Jillian Dodd by Jillian Dodd <— “This limited edition set contains two full-length novels. That Boy, the first book in the That Boy trilogy and Stalk Me, the first book in The Keatyn Chronicles series.”
- Forgive Me (Callaway Book 2) by Kaithlin Shepherd
- What I Want You to Know: Advice for My Daughter by Courtney Cole <— She wrote a book for her thirteen year old daughter and it was just released today!!
- Merry Blissmas (Biker Bitches Book 3) by Jamie Begley <— JUST RELEASED!!
FIVE-STAR READER RECOMMENDATIONS and so many are super-bargain priced!! YAY US!!! (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
Okay right off the bat, I’m going to say the consensus is… you can’t go wrong with ANY of Kristen Ashley‘s books. SO MANY brought her up amongst their suggestions so I just decided I’d make her the “intro” 5-star suggestion. For example… Jenny: “you can’t go wrong reading one of Kristen Ashley books” <— LOL!! ‘Cause I AM RIGHT THERE with you guys!
It’s like a list of pure awesomeness! LOL! Thank you guys Keep ‘em coming if you have another absolute favorite must-read.
- The Man I Love (The Fish Tales Book 1) by Suanne Laqueur <— SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED TODAY & AWESOME WRITING/AWESOME HEARTWRENCHING ANGSTY STORY ALERT!!! WITH A TWIST!! My most recent recommendation (both books in this series, in fact)!!! My Book Review And… here’s #2:
- Give Me Your Answer True (The Fish Tales Book 2) by Suanne Laqueur <— <— SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED TODAY BOOK #2 Sadie and ME!!!! We recommends these two (and guess what?!!!!) They are both on a rock-bottom bargain-super-sale right now so I must insist you one-click BOTH of these!!! Sadie says: “Give Me Your Answer True…and it had been a while before that one! So so good”. Leslie agrees: “I’m reading that one now and it’s so good” and Tracy too! “Just finished this today! Beautiful.” MY Book Review
- Every Wrong Reason by Rachel Higginson <— <— SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED TODAY & CRUMBLING MARRIAGE ALERT!! ANOTHER one of my 5-star favorites that ripped my heart out and it’s on SUPER-SALE today!!! Bargain priced… seriously! My Book Review
- The Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred <— This one is SUPER-BARGAIN SALE AND WE LOVED LIKE CRAZY!!! One of my absolute FAVORITES is super-bargain priced today. I mean… you guys. If you haven’t read it yet, get cracking. THIS IS ONE OF OUR CLASSIC favorites! Nancy says: “This one was in the top favorite of books I read from your recommendation.” and Leeann agrees: “I bought this on your recommendation a long time ago and then forgot about it (lost somewhere in the giant tbr list, you know how that is) and then read it in one sitting. Fantastic story” (my review)
- Cartel: Book 1 by Lili St. German <— BAD GUYS ALERT! Cindy recommends “Cartel by Lili St. German. Its a spin off of the Gypsy Brothers Series, which I highly recommend as well.”
- Withering Hope by Layla Hagen <— CRASHED PLANE SURVIVORS ALERT! Jacqueline recommends it! OMG YES!!! This one is for ME!!! “when the plane defects, the pilot, sexy Tristan Bress, needs to make an emergency landing in the heart of the Amazon rainforest. Aimee Myller’s dreams of a fairytale getaway in Brazil come crashing right down with the plane. Forced to fend for themselves with no civilization in sight, together, Tristan and Aimee begin to forage for food and shelter…” Oh you SO know where this is going!!
- The Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred <— One of my absolute FAVORITES is super-bargain priced today. I mean… you guys. If you haven’t read it yet, get cracking. THIS IS ONE OF OUR CLASSIC favorites! (my review)
- Badger by C.M. McKenna <— MARYSE LOVES THIS ONE 5-STAR DARKNESS YET SO ENLIGHTENING ALERT!!! And Yvonee recommends one of MY latest 5-star favorites, too! “Badger is the first one that comes to mind. Incredible read!” HECK. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously… just read this one PLEASE!!!!!??? PLEASE? Pleeeeeeaeeeeeeeeease??!! Seriously, y’all. (my Book Review)
- Corrupt by Penelope Douglas <— Sadie recommends this one! “I just read Corrupt by Penelope Douglas I had a week long book hangover that forced me to go back to reread some Kristen Ashley until I could move on.” and SO SO many agree! Lori: “Oh this one for sure!!” and Stephanie too! “ loved it too! Question is will there be another? And very soon?”
- The Versions of Us by by Laura Barnett <— A COUPLE WITH VERSIONS OF TWO POTENTIAL LIVES ALERT! Claudia (one of my very own reading buddies for the last few years) recommends this one! “The Versions of Us by Laura Barnett, I got an ARC from the publisher and it’s 5 stars!” It’s available in paperback but the Kindle version only some time next year. Here is that pre-order: The Versions of Us
- The Fall Up by Aly Martinez <— Jo recommends it! “The Fall Up by Aly Martinez” and Summer agrees! “I absolutely loved this book”
- Indebted Series by Pepper Winters <— DARK READ ALERT!!! Back on the list ’cause pretty much everyone that reads it seems to love it, on our group! Like Kimberly: “The Indebted Series – by Pepper Winters…a VERY Dark Romance…thought it would be too similar to Aletha Romig’s Consequences-but it took a nice different turn and couldn’t put the 3 book series down!!!”
- Eighteen (18): Based on a True Story by J.A. Huss <— STUDENT-TEACEHER ROMANCE ALERT!! Melissa recommends these two —> And Tempting (The Tempting Series Book 1) by Alex Lucian ”Both student/teacher stories and I loved them!!” and Antonella agrees! “Ditto that, I just read these in the last couple of weeks and they were most entertaining.” and Summer is happy!! “I read Eighteen I’ll look into Tempting. Totally love forbidden type books :P thank you!”
- Forever Black (Forever Trilogy Book 1) by Sandi Lynn <— Saleen’s 5-star recommendation! “Forever Black Author Sandi Lynn! Check out all of her books! She’s a very talented author and her books are amazing! :) ” and Stephanie agrees! “I loved all her books. Very good!”
- Perfectly Imperfect by Harper Sloan <— SHE THINKS SHE’S NOT PRETTY ENOUGH ALERT! “I’m completely imperfect. And … I hate myself. I have no idea what Kane could possibly see in someone like me when he could have them.” And Diana recommends it! “Amazing”
- Talon (Ashes & Embers Book 4) by Carian Cole <— SHE MARRIED HER WORST NIGHTMARE ALERT!! Beverly recommends this one! “Talon by Carian Cole, Pretend You’re Mine by Lucy Score, and The Rocker Who Betrays Me by Terri Anne Browning were my latest 5′s.” and OMG YES THIS SOUNDS PERFECT FOR ME!!!! “The concept was scary but exciting… Marry a total stranger. Live together for six months. Journal everything. (Feelings. Fights. All of it.) After six months, we each get $50K in trade for our journals, whether we stay married or not.”
- Pretend You’re Mine by Lucy Score <— MILITARY GUY NEEDS A FAKE GIRLFRIEND AND SHE FEELS SO PROTECTED IN HIS ARMS ALERT! And here is the other one that Beverly loved, too! “…he realizes that she’s the perfect decoy. A fake girlfriend to keep his family off his back until he’s out on another mission.“
- The Rocker Who Betrays Me (The Rocker… Series Book 11) by Terri Anne Browning <— And the other one that Beverly loved and our very own Jean LOVES this series!!!
- November 9: A Novel by Colleen Hoover <— 5-STAR PROMISES ALERT! —> Leslie makes 5-star promises!!!! And I wholeheartedly agree with so many of ‘em!! She says: “The Man I Love by Suanne Laqueur. Confess and November 9 by Colleen Hoover. The Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred. The complete Emi Lost & Found Series by Lori Otto. I promise these are all 5+++ star reads with all the feels.” Sidenote by Maryse: I’ve loved and reviewed ALL of these!!!!
- The Play by Karina Halle <— SEXY/AWESOME CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE ALERT! Gabri recommends one of my favorite authors in the whole wide world!! “Karina Halle’s The Pact, The Offer, The Play.” and Veronica agrees! “Love this series too!”
- Fallen Crest High (Fallen Crest Series, Book 1) by Tijan <— Melanie loves these!! “Fallen crest high” and…
- Shark Bait (Grab Your Pole Book 1) by Jenn Cooksey <— another of Melanie’s 5-star recs!
- RUSH (City Lights: New York City) by Emma Scott <— BLIND RECLUSE & HIS NEW ASSISTANT ALERT! Maybelis loves another one of my favorites!!! She says: “Loved RUSH by Emma Scott” my Book Review
- Sweet Ruin (Immortals After Dark Book 16) by Kresley Cole <— Anna LOVED it! “Sweet Ruin, by kresley cole. hands down best book out right now”
- Darkfever: Fever Series Book 1 by Karen Marie Moning <— Amber insists on these! “Anything Karen Marie Moning writes. I read the fever series first then went back and read the highlander series. There are links between the 2 series spread throughout. It gave me the chills at times how she could intertwine them given the books were written years apart. Mind boggling, sheer genius, master story telling at its finest. Highlander series started 1999 and fever 2006. It’s 2015 and I’m like a junky waiting for her next book lol”
- The Law of Moses by Amy Harmon <— Michelle recommends this one! “ I just read The Law of Moses and it has really stayed with me.”
- Denial (Careless Whispers Book 1) by Lisa Renee Jones <— LisaS recommends this one! “Denial, book 1, by Lisa Renee Jones is a new romantic suspense series. I enjoyed it and can’t wait for more.”
- Madame X: A Madame X Novel by Jasinda Wilder <— She also recommends this one! “How about Madame X by Jasinda Wilder? It’s a bit dark, suspenseful, erotic read.”
- You Loved Me At My Darkest by Evie Harper <— Katie recommends “You Loved me at my Darkest by Evie Harper”
- Barely Breathing by Brenda Rothert <— Hillary recommends a few!! “Barely Breathing by Brenda Rothert was fantastic! I also really liked Hard to Break by Bella Jewel. Oh, if you’re looking for something to give you “the feels” try A Lover’s Lament by K.L. Grayson & BT Urruela “
- Forbidden: A Standalone by C.D. Weiss <— Jean recommends this one! “Forbidden by C D Reiss. You’ve never met a heroine like Fiona.” and the author says: “It is a standalone. Prologue to epilogue”
Summer: Thank you so much Maryse and everyone for posting! I this!!
Maryse’s Book Blog: Our pleasure, Summer!!!
PRE-ORDERS (a few for next week)!!
- Dear Professor by Blaire Drake - December 14th 2015
- Hard to Forget by Bella Jewel <— December 15th 2015
- The Aftermath by R.J. Prescott – December 15th 2015
- The Promise of Surrender: A MacKenzie Family Novella (The MacKenzie Family) by Liliana Hart – December 15th 2015
- Wicked Reunion (Wicked White Series Book 2) by Michelle A. Valentine – December 15th 2015
- The Aftermath by R.J. Prescott – December 15th 2015
- Royal Savage by Victoria Ashley – December 20th 2015
- Morrison: A Caldwell Brothers Novel - December 22nd 2015 – Chelsea Camaron
- First Touch: A Novel by Laurelin Paige - December 22nd 2015
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).