SATURDAY BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. First… I’ve just posted Shortcut! 68 New Pre-orders Added to the Main New Release Page… AND!!
Second… THAT!!! ————–>
I’ve not heard of this author yet but this was JUST RELEASED (Traded by Rebecca Brooke) and the blurb delighted me ’cause it made me do this: UGH! This blurb totally made me GRRRR!! And… YAY!!! Sounds like something that could be right up our alley. Her husband trades her for his debt. Of all the &*%$#@&*!!!
“I try to be the best wife possible for him. After all, he took me on when no one else would. Now–he’s in debt and owes more money to the loan shark than we can possibly repay. But, don’t worry, he’s come up with a solution, it’s just not one I was expecting.
…I’ve been TRADED…”
Okay so… I must admit temporary defeat with my latest “Currently reading…” post. ‘Cause… I squirreled after a quarter into it, and started Kristen Ashley’s latest instead (which IS holding me close and doing everything I love for a book to do to me). So why did I give up so fast? Well, it’s not an official “dnf” it’s more just… for now, ’cause I know at some point, the unique story-telling method will click with me, right? I mean how could it not, considering how crazy my own fellow readers are over it. *sigh*
Maryse: *sigh* You guys… I’m struggling. It’s… kind of hard to understand through all the technical mumbo-jumbo, I dunno who’s ship is good, who’s ship is bad, all the ship names are…? Why we’re having to shoot everyone, who’s “byteme” (I keep forgetting… then I keep remembering, it’s her… and I’m all… right right right…!!!). LOL! Because it’s in document/email/video/personal journal format, the story flow is SO fragmented to me. Choppy (but that fits the “style” of the documentation so I get it). It’s so unique… but it’s hard for me to stay focused on it.
Michelle: It’s a little bit of a puzzle Maryse. You are left guessing who they are talking to until it’s revealed. It comes together but as someone said it’s a show you book and not tell you. I loved reading the documents and putting the pieces together since I like to not have everything spelled out but again you are dropped into a story and have to catch up. Everything is revealed slowly but I thought that was brilliant how they paced the flow of information – felt like I wasn’t reading a story but was more ‘real’ that way. Keep going!
fabi: Maryse, you’re a great sport for trying it but it doesn’t sound like you’re connecting with it. I always tell myself (and have heard it said many times) that life is too short to spend time on a book that we are not into. Think of your tbr! Not that I’m trying to steer you away from it, but please don’t plow through on our account if its giving you trouble. It actually sounds like a difficult one to attempt outside your “love it” genres with its alternative presentation.
Michelle: Ditto and you really are a great sport for trying a new genre you do not normally read. I still have high hopes that it will pick up for you. There’s a lot to come and I wouldn’t get bogged down in the details if that helps.
Maryse: EVERYONE loves it… only a precious few felt the “bog-down” like Michelle mentions, so I’m sure this is just the initial getting into it “start” hump. Especially for me, ’cause I’m not used to this kind of “world” building.
Well that said, I’m in my reading groove now with Kristen Ashley (Walk Through Fire (Chaos) and as usual, she always comes to my rescue! LOL!! Trust the KA alphas. They will put you through the ringer, and the ride will be so fun!
In the meantime, I (and many of you!) found us goodies for the weekend!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Uncovering You: The Complete First Boxed Set: Boxed Set (Uncovering You 1 – 3) by Scarlett Edwards <— SATURDAY LATEST FIND UPDATE!! Eve found us this one!! The entire series is bundled today, too! She says: “Just finished an incredibly amazing, complicated, psychological, alpha-male/brilliant female series: Uncovering You 1-11 by Scarlett Edwards. Crazy unusual. Would love your review…”
- Nine by Jennifer Raygoza <— JUST RELEASED! SHE IS THE MOST COVETED ESCORT IN VEGAS & HE’S AN ENFORCER FOR THE BIGGEST DRUG DEALER IN VEGAS ALERT! ”One night with the wrong client and everything spirals out of control when Nine and Trig collide. Watch what happens when two of the best in underworld trades go against the grain, against the rules, and against all odds of making it out alive.”
- Coup De Grâce (Code 11- KPD SWAT Book 7) by Lani Lynn Vale <— JUST RELEASED! RECLUSIVE BROODING COP ALERT! “He was screwed up, and everyone knew it. He got tattoos because he liked the pain. He was standoffish. He didn’t have many friends outside of work. And the only thing he had going for him was that he was a good cop…”
- Something About Lorelei by Sandi Lynn <— JUST RELEASED! WOMANIZING BOSS & HIS SINGLE MOTHER ASSISTANT ALERT! “My name is Lorelei Flynn and I was Jack Sutton’s fifteenth personal assistant in a little over a year. My boyfriend was killed seven years ago in a car accident. Before he died, he gave me a gift: my daughter Hope. My life did nothing but revolve around her…”
- Sold Into Salvationby Colbie Carter <— JUST RELEASED! KIDNAPPED & SOLD! BUT… “being bought turned out to be her salvation, and when the dark secret behind her kidnapping is uncovered, she must turn to the man who bought her in order to survive.” Recent release… and it sounds SO good.
- Christmas Lovebirds: The Hart Family (Have a Hart Book 1) by Rachelle Ayala <— JUST RELEASED! BROTHER’S EX-BEST FRIEND ALERT! “Melisa Hart has a soft spot for her brother Connor’s ex-best buddy, Rob Reed. Unfortunately, Rob slept with Connor’s girlfriend and is no longer welcome with any of the Harts…”
- Weather the Storm: Episode 7 (Rising Storm) by Lisa Mondello <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Your Gravity 3 by L.G. Castillo <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Thompson Sisters Anthology: The Complete Series; Six Novels and Two Novellas by Charles Sheehan-Miles <— I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this series, and the author just bundled it entirely into this one bargain priced book! YAY!!!!!! “For two weeks only, the entire Thompson Sisters series under one cover for a super-low price. The tragic and heartwarming saga of the Thompson Sisters has endeared readers worldwide, with more than a quarter million copies sold in six languages. For the first time, the entire saga — six full length novels plus two bonus novellas — are under one cover.” and Jean loves these, too! “That deal on the Thompson Sisters series is awesome. I loved every single one and each is unforgettable! Highly recommend to those who haven’t read them!”
- Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology by Leah Remini <— JUST RELEASED! AUTOBIOGRAPHY TROUBLEMAKER ALERT! LOL! In case any of you are into autobiographies like I am! I’m always a little fascinated by those coming out of a er… religious group. And she’s making waves in the news with some of the stuff she reveals on the stars associated with her.
- Strong Looks Better Naked by Khloé Kardashian <— JUST RELEASED! AUTOBIOGRAPHY ALERT! And well… since they’re always in the media… I figured I’d post this one too.
- #Heart (The Hashtag Series Book 6) by Cambria Hebert <— JUST RELEASED!!
- #Nerd (Hashtag Series Book 1) by Cambria Hebert <— And #1 in the series!
- The Sordid Promise (A Breaking Insanity Novel Book 1) by Courtney Lane <— ANOTHER DARK READ ALERT!! And Elissa recommended these! “Breaking Insanity Series by Courtney Lane is a dark, erotic, thriller! Two of the three books are out already. The final is Dec. 3. I have to tell you though my favorite Dark Read is The Sect by the same author. If you are looking for something new Courtney has it covered.”
- The Starkest Truth (A Breaking Insanity Novel Book 2) by Courtney Lane <— Here’s #2!!
- The Sect by Courtney Lane <— DARK READ ALERT! And here’s Elissa’s favorite! “I have to tell you though my favorite Dark Read is The Sect by the same author…”
- White Rabbit by J. D. Sloane <— SUPER-DARK READ ALERT! When a fellow reader asked for the latest “dark read recommendations” Kelly suggested this one! “CRAZY dark”. I’m taking that we should… beware.
- The Collection by Tamsyn Bester <— Lauren found us this one! “The Collection by Tamsyn Bester…..all 6 of her books in one big box set!”
- GENTRY BOYS (Books 1-4) by Cora Brent <— SUPER-SALE ALERT! Lauren found us this one, too! “Gentry Boys books 1-4 by Cora Brent….limited edition box set….bad boy fraternal triplets!!!! I’ve read books 1-3 & they are excellent!” YAY thank you Lauren!!
- The Rest Falls Away: Victoria Book 1 (The Gardella Vampire Hunters: Victoria) by Colleen Gleason <— FREEBIE OF THE WEEK! Megan Lee LOVES this one (and is looking for more like it… angsty love triangle, and a series that follows the same group)… “The Gardella Vampire Chronicles are my standard and I’ve ready some pretty great series, by that one is my fave.”
- Rises the Night: Victoria Book 2 (The Gardella Vampire Hunters: Victoria) by Colleen Gleason <— And here’s #2 to get you started…
- The Bleeding Dusk: Victoria Book 3 (The Gardella Vampire Hunters: Victoria) by Colleen Gleason <— and #3…
- WITHER (THE WITHERED SERIES Book 1) by Amy Miles <— Jean is starting this one! “Wither by Amy Miles. I think it was on someone’s recent favorites list or some list here. It is psycho thriller, post apocalyptic.”
- If He Had Been with Me by Laura Nowlin <— GUT-WRENCHING ALERT!! Amy wants me to read this one! “…was reminded of a certain book with a girl on the cover crouching by a puddle. Oh, Finn. *rubs chest with fist*…I also say Maryse needs to read it, but we have to catch her when she’s in the right mood for it…a mood for a heart-wrenching read set in high school. Right? … Gut. Wrenching. Just ask Tessa. “
- Every Which Way by Calia Read <— OHHH THE HEARTACHE ALERT (although for some reason, I can’t find the kindle version, only the paperback)? BUT!! Amy recommends this one, too! “Did you ever read Every Which Way by her? Two brothers and an awesome h (she doesn’t bounce back and forth between them though) who is a perfect balance of strong even while she is breaking on the inside…and ohhhhhh the heartache and angst that brings her to the breaking point. Perfect!“
- Stygian by Santino Hassell <— M/M PARANORMAL (plus dark?!) ALERT & fabi is loving it! “I’ve been savoring Stygian. It’s really good, and reading it slow has extended the reading pleasure. Like letting chocolate melt in your mouth instead of chewing it. ” and fabi finished it! “Just to clarify, Stygian is M/M PNR. I wouldn’t call it a “dark” read, although it does have it’s deep topics. I finished it last night and I’m still reeling from it. (from part of my review—> It is a brilliant story expertly executed. I took my time reading the book. The characters are so real that I feel like I met and got to know them in real life. I finished reading last night and I know that Watts, Kennedy, Quince and Jeremy will remain in my heart forever.”
- On Paper by Shae Scott <— BOOK CONVENTION ROMANCE! Kellie found us this one! “On Paper from Shae Scott is on sale right now too. It’s about a male romance writer and a book nerd who meet at a book convention. “
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
- The Girl with All the Gifts by M. R. Carey <— Di-Ann is loving this! “Listening to the Girl with all the gifts on audible and it is so good. Great narration!!!“
PRE-ORDERS (next few days…!!!):
- If You Dare by A. E. Torre – November 10th 2015
- Tryst: A Sexual Education Novel by S.L. Jennings – November 10th 2015
- Semper Fi: The Education of Caroline: The Education of Caroline (The Education Series Book 3) by Jane Harvey-Berrick – November 10th 2015
- Reaper’s Fall (Reapers Motorcycle Club) by Joanna Wylde - November 10th 2015
- Kiss The Flame: A Desire Exchange Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Christopher Rice – November 10th 2015
- When I Was Yours by Samantha Towle - November 10th 2015
- Easy Melody (The Boudreaux Series Book 3) - November 10th 2015
- November Nine: A Novel by Colleen Hoover - November 10th 2015 (here’s my book review!!)
- Reap: A Scarred Souls Novel by Tillie Cole – November 10th 2015
- Tethered Bond (Holly Woods Files, #3) by Emma Hart – November 13th 2015
- Capture Me by Anna Zaires – December 10th 2015 (spinoff of her Twist Me series)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).