Quite a few reader recommendations today and some brand-spanking new releases (including a dark read, and an emotionally angsty sounding one) that totally gave me blurb jolts! I’m loving the recommendations today, because there are a few “new-to-me’s” (<— I know I’m not supposed to put an apostrophe there, but it reads better that way so just go with it) that I can’t believe I missed!!! Plus a few of the latest releases are are coming back again with reader feedback, so if you were wondering about a few that looked pretty darn great, they may be posted below. For example:
So many are just finishing this recent release, to the left, (Wrong) and letting me know how much they are loving it!
LisaC: I loooooooooved it! I was in a rut and it hit the spot. Loved Sophie! So much! It was a quick read that had angst but I was smiling and had several squee moments! I want more!
Kristi: this book is great!!! I loved it!!!
Jessica: I just started it and it’s really funny. I have a good feeling about this book… It’s got me giggling like a mad woman.
*sigh* My poor, bloated TBR list. This is on there, now! Tee hee! Oh and!! Plus!! Some deals too good to pass up. AND!!! This is not really book-related, but since so many of you know I’m an HGTV addict (and me ‘n a few authors love to discuss our love of old finds turned into rustic charms – *ahem Magan Vernon – my fellow Flea Market Flip fan* I thought I’d share THIS find with you: Oooooh I LOVE this new section on Amazon… handmade items?!! YES PLEASE!!
Now I shall scope out the handmade furniture section. I’m always jealous of those that get to buy the cool “Flea Market Flip” stuff on HGTV, so I might find a cool trunk, or desk converted into a wine bar or something! Tee hee!
Maryse: reclaimed wood!! I love reclaimed wood things.
Lia: Cool idea. Reminds me that I once got a review on one of my books that said. “I love these handmade shelves…” LOL.
Adele: And this is why I love you, always so much more than a book blog!!!
Krista: it’s Amazetsy!
AND!!! Wow… this is kind of like a “Friday Week Wrap-up” for me ’cause also… from my latest 10 books on my TBR list? One book down (Book Review – The House by Christina Lauren), and I’m already reading another one from the list (MC Chronicles: The Diary of Bink Cummings Vol 1 and I’ll have the review up today or tomorrow), plus a 3rd on this list, we have a buddy-read planned for (Bird Box), tomorrow!!! Join us!!! It’s SUPER SCARY TERRIFYING AND TOTALLY FOR ME, I KNOW IT!!! I’m knocking this list out!!!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Twenty-One (21) by Clarissa Wild <— DARK-READ JUST WENT LIVE ALERT!!! Jenny found us this one saying “If you are in the mood for a dark read, this one was just released yesterday and already has 79 4* and 5* reviews!” and oh yes…. the WHOLE blurb gave me a jolt and here’s how it starts: “On her 21st birthday she’s taken. Collected by a rich family as an unpaid debt. Her body sold. Her mind his.“
- Repentance: The Story of Kace Haywood by Meghan Quinn <— JUST WENT LIVE & SOUNDS EMOTIONALLY DARK!! It sounds intense and angsty… kind of dark, even… for this author!! “Every choice you make in life comes with a consequence, which dictates the outcome of your future. I was once on top, I was living the life I dreamt of, I had everything I could possibly hope for. I was happy, satisfied, content…until one night. One off day. One moment in time I wish I could take back. My biggest regret. The once bright future I possessed vanished and in its place a dark world of self-hatred and loathing encompassed me. People like to celebrate the day they were born, I like to celebrate the day my soul died. This is my story of repentance.“
- Mortal Wish: A Scanguards Vampires Novella by Tina Folsom <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Grin and Bear It (The Grizzly MC Book 11) by Jenika Snow <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Ride Trilogy Book 1: MMA Fighter New Adult Romance by Jayne Blue <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Ripped (A Shattered Hearts Novel) by Cassia Leo <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Addicted to Sin (Sinful Pleasures Book 1) by Monica James <— JUST RELEASED!! THERAPIST WITH HIS OWN ADDICTION ALERT! He’s a sex addict and hooked on two women… “I know who I should choose, but I never said I was the hero of this story, or even the good guy. And besides, who wants to be good, when it feels so good being bad?”
- Masters for Hire (Masters Saga Book 1) by Ginger Voight - JUST RELEASED MALE ESCORT ALERT!!! “Coralie’s safe, predictable life has all but been decided for her, and that leaves her itching to take a walk on the wild side. Enter Devlin Masters, an elite male escort whose sole purpose is giving Coralie whatever her heart desires.“
- Crosswinds: Episode 3 (Rising Storm) by Elisabeth Naughton <— JUST RELEASED!
- Collision (The Fight for Life Series Book 1) by K.A. Sterritt <— JUST RELEASED! GOOD GIRL & BAD BOY FIGHTER/BARTENDER ALERT! “When Juliette’s duplicit worlds collide with the handsome and untouchable Leo, both are impacted in ways they couldn’t foresee. Juliette’s life begins to unravel…”
- Girls Breaking The Rules – Alexa by Kelsey Burns <— JUST RELEASED by one of our fellow readers turned author! She’s been hanging out on our Facebook page for years now!
- Wrong by Jana Aston <— HER CRUSH-WORTHY CUSTOMER ENDS UP BEING HER DOCTOR ALERT!! Remember when I posted this recent release that sounded SO good from earlier this week? Well… Lisa LOVED it!! “Just finished Wrong by Jana Aston. Loved it!!! Cute cute cute story!! Light read sometimes you just need one of those. The kind you find yourself smiling & laughing to yourself & yet there’s still drama & lots of hotness!!! Has anyone else read it yet? Finished it in one day!! Heavy sigh!!”
- Hollywood Dirt by Alessandra Torre <— MY 5-STAR FAVORITE ALERT!! Okay I want to declare today to be another “best book sale day EVER” day! Thanks for finding us this super-sale, Jackie. One of my latest 5-star favorites (my review)!!!
- End of Day (Jack & Jill Series Book 1) by Jewel E. Ann <— Mixed reviews on this one (even though so many here love this author). Jen highly recommended it (blurb sounds crazy): “OMG…just wanted to bring your attention to End of Day…so good…like nothing else I have read. Unputdownable (new word?)!!!!” But my own mom wasn’t as enthused especially due to the ending of this one, considering book #2 was not out yet, but apparently it will be released tomorrow, so I thought I’d re-post it in case anyone was waiting for #2! The author says: “Tomorrow is the official release of Middle of Knight.”
- Middle of Knight (Jack & Jill Series Book 2) by Jewel E. Ann <— AND HERE IT IS!! IT JUST WENT LIVE A FEW MINUTES AGO!!
- Fair Game (The Rules Book 1) by Monica Murphy <— book #3 will be out next week!
- Blindfolded Innocence by Alessandra Torre <— BRAD DeLUCA ALPHA-MALE ALERT!! Plus, Alessandra is one of my FAV authors ever! PLUS PLUS! Pamelia is LOVING this series! “I’m currently reading (and loving) her trilogy about Brad DeLuca (starting with Blindfolded Innocence) — he was Cole’s lawyer and even though he was only in a few scenes in Hollywood Dirt, I was super happy to find out there were already books about him. Love this author!!“
- Masked Innocence by Alessandra Torre <— And book #2 is on sale today, too!
- Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass series Book 1) by Sarah J. Maas <— FANTASY FRENZY ALERT! A series that SO many are loving like crazy!
- Restless Waters: A Left Drowning Novel (Volume 2) by Jessica Park <— SUPER-SALE JESSICA PARK ALERT!! This recent release! I LOVED book #1 (my review of Left Drowning), and Marina did too! “Wha?!?!?! Had no idea that Jessica Parks was writing a follow-up to Left Drowning! I absolutely LOVED that book. An all-time fave. So excited to read Restless Waters!! I’m finishing Rule by CD Reiss. Had somewhat of a slow start but then wham. Total shocker. And now I’m so in and dying to find out how it will resolve. Have some theories… but she’ll never lead you to a comfortable zone. Her writing style is just so darn good.“
- Whispered Echoes: An Urban Fantasy by Anne Michaud <— Leslie enjoyed this one! “Just finished, Anne Michaud’s Whispered Echoes. So good!”
- Blurred Lines by Lauren Layne <— BEST FRIENDS ARE SUDDENLY FEELING MORE ALERT! “…when Parker’s ex decides he wants her back, Ben is shocked by a fierce stab of possessiveness. And when Ben starts seeing a girl from work, Parker finds herself plagued by unfamiliar jealousy…“ Monique gives this one 5 stars! “Blurred lines by Lauren Layne….it’s so good, it’s going to be a 5 star for sure!” and it’s bargain priced!!
- The Contrite Duet Series by Kathy Coopmans <— TWIST AND TURNS AND MARRIAGE SECRETS ALERT! Brenda recommends this one! “Contrite Duet. It’s good has twist & suspense on the edge of my seat & can’t put it down.” and yes, I remember this blurb always jolts me! “Clove Calloway knows within an hour of picking up her husband Turner from the airport that something is different. Yet she can’t pin point what…” <—- Ooooooooooh!!!
- Come Undone (The Cityscape Series Book 1) by Jessica Hawkins <— WHAT TO READ AFTER ARSEN ALERT! Jessica is going crazy for this one, and I can relate! I LOVED it too! (my review) She says: “Just finished Jessica Hawkin’s Cityscape Series. HOLY good series. Like I’m obsessed. (Ignore the covers! )”
- Burning Ember (Harbingers of Chaos) (Volume 1) by Darby Briar <— WHOA!!! CRAZY-SOUNDING BIKER BOOK ALERT! Over 500 pages, and the reviews are AMAZING! And Tina just recommended it and 5-starred this one, too! “Just finished Burning Ember by Darby Briar. It was fantastic. 5 stars!” Yes… just the start of that blurb excites me! “The last thing she needs after running from one monster is to land in the lair of the Devil.”
- Hot Shot by Susan Elizabeth Phillips <— SHE HAS TO MAKE IT ON HER OWN ALERT!!! Noriko likes this one! “Just finished Hot Shot by Susan Elizabeth Phillips…very good” and yeah… this sounds like it could be a fun journey! “In a single, impulsive act, Susannah Faulconer, the daughter of one of the country’s most powerful industrialists, follows her heart and finds herself severed from her family and everything familiar. Now she’s the only woman in a world of men…and no etiquette book can teach her how to survive.”
- Dreamspinner Press Greatest Hits <— M/M ROMANCE LOVERS!!! Mischa is LOVING these! “I’ve been reading the best of dreamspinner press. 5 books for $10. All bundles have been super awesome so far. Plus lots of different types and storylines since multitude of authors. Highly recommend!”
- REVELRY (Taint Book 1) by Carmen Jenner <— Tessa is LOVING this one! “I am finally reading Revelry (Taint) by Carmen Jenner. I’m laughing so hard. Anne was right to say it’s definitely rockstars, and not wanna be poet or any job rockstar. Just had to share with you all the fact that I’m laughing seriously loud with this one.”
- God Shaped Hole: A Novel by Tiffani DeBartolo <— UGLY CRY ALERT!! Sadie found us this one that I’m still too chicken to read, even though this same author wrote one of my most favorite books in the world, and supposedly this one is just as good if not better.
Carol: I’m scared to read it, too! I keep thinking if I made it through Me Before You, I can certainly read this….but honestly, I’m not sure I’ve fully recovered from Me Before You and I read that a couple years ago.
Val: How to Kill a Rock Star is one of my all time favorites. I waited a couple years to read this. I was scared. Ugly ugly cry. But so good. Both of them are brilliant.
Sadie: You guys it is so good! One of my favorite books along with HTKARS. Have a glass of wine and just do it.
Stella: One of my favorite reads…. A definite ugly cry but, a beautiful must read!
Paula: One clicked but scared!
Monique: This is one of the best books ever! Don’t be scared, it’s really worth it!
Angela: This is the book that started me on reading as an adult. I love this book so much. How to Kill a Rock Star is great too.
- For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
- Spiral of Need: Mercury Pack, Book 1 by Suzanne Wright <— great price!!
- Gabriel’s Angel by Nora Roberts <— great price!!
- Easy Love by Kristin Proby <— great price!!
- Darken the Stars: The Kricket Series, Book 3 by Amy A. Bartol <— great price!
PRE-ORDERS (next 2 weeks!)
- Slow Play (The Rules Book 3) by Monica Murphy – October 13th 2015
- Dirty Lies (The Burke Brothers) by Emma Hart - October 12th 2015
- Manwhore 1 (A Ferro Family Short Story) by H.M. Ward - October 12th 2015
- Obscured by Tara Sue Me & Cat Waters - October 12th 2015
- See Me by Nicholas Sparks - October 13th 2015
- The Fifteenth Minute (The Ivy Years Book 5) by Sarina Bowen – October 13th 2015
- Hard to Break by Bella Jewel - expected release date October 13th 2015
- Stroke of Midnight: A Midnight Breed Novella (The Midnight Breed Series) by Lara Adrian - expected release date October 13th 2015
- Seduce Me: A Stark Ever After Novella by J. Kenner - expected release date October 13th 2015
- Endless Possibility: a RUSH novella (City Lights 3.5) by Emma Scott - expected release date October 13th 2015
- Falling For The Enemy (British Billionaires) by Pamela Ann - expected release date October 13th 2015
- Winter’s Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon- expected release date October 13th 2015
- The Outlander Series 8-Book Bundle: Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager, Drums of Autumn, The Fiery Cross, A Breath of Snow and Ashes, An Echo in the Bone, Written in My Own Heart’s Blood by Diana Gabaldon - October 13th 2015
- The Outlander Series Bundle: Books 5, 6, 7, and 8: The Fiery Cross, A Breath of Snow and Ashes, An Echo in the Bone, Written in My Own Heart’s Blood by Diana Gabaldon - October 13th 2015
- Transparent (Luminous Duet Book 2) by Erin Noelle - expected release date October 15th 2015
- True Divide (The True Series Book 3) by Liora Blake - October 19th 2015
- Command (Storm MC #7) by Nina Levine - October 19th 2015
- Dancers in the Dark by Charlaine Harris - October 19th 2015
- The Rogue by J.R. Ward - October 19th 2015
- Special Ops Exclusive by Elle Kennedy - October 19th 2015
- The Billionaire Takes a Bride (Billionaires and Bridesmaids) by Jessica Clare - October 20th 2015
- Seduction Game: An I-Team Novel by Pamela Clare - October 20th 2015
- The Rocker Who Betrays Me (The Rocker… Series Book 11) by Terri Anne Browning - October 20th 2015
- Nuts (The Hudson Valley Series Book 1) by Alice Clayton - expected release date October 20th 2015
- Wicked Restless (Harper Boys Book 2) by Ginger Scott - October 20th 2015
- Turbulence by by Whitney G - October 22nd 2015
- The Ready Series: The Box Set by J.L. Berg <— pre-order price for the whole series bundle
- Semper Fi: The Education of Caroline: The Education of Caroline (The Education Series Book 3) by Jane Harvey Berrick – expected release date November 10th 2015
- Iniquity (The Premonition Series Book 5) by Amy A. Bartol – December 8th 2015
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).