It’s Friday (YAY US!!) which means a potential full weekend of reading and I have the latest list of new releases, bargain finds AND reader recommendations (even some of the latest releases which they are telling us are tried and true!). Awwwww I LOVE when fellow readers let us know when they love (and find goodies) on these very lists!
Jovanna: I love when you post comments like this that encourage people to provide books they’re reading. It gives me ideas for my next book/series.
Maryse: I love it, too Jovanna! I get to see what everyone is loving and choose my next
Now… for me? THESE recommendations for this latest release (Heart-Shaped Hack by Tracey Garvis Graves) had my heart racing!!! I LOVE this author already, so I knew I’d be reading this one soon, but when some from my very own reading crew told me how awesome it was, I knew I had to move it to the top of my TBR list. So consider this one what I’m currently reading…
Tracie: Maryse, the girls and I just finished reading Heart Shaped Hack by the awesome Tracey Garvis Graves and it was absolute perfection!! Ian is one of the wittiest and sexiest ever and the fact he’s a hacker makes him even more irresistible. Ian and Kate’s banter is off the charts and it’s so funny…until it takes a more serious turn. This is a for sure winner in an awesome book release week!
Cody: I loved it too! Couldn’t put it down!
Tracie: Wasn’t it the best Cody?! This is her best yet by far
Cori: I 100% agree with Tracie! And Cody! This book is a winner! Start reading ladies!!
Maryse: And I just LOVE that author!!!!
Anne: Just finished Heart-Shaped Hack and really liked it! There’s a little bit of mystery and angst but no unnecessary drama which I always appreciate. Ian and Kate were great together and their relationship was beautiful. There’s going to be a second book but there’s no CH in this first one. A 4.25/5 for me.
Britton: Heart Shaped Hack by Tracey Garvis Graves has been phenomenal. Our book group is reading / has read and it is fabulous!!! We highly recommend. Ten stars from me!!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- The Shining by Stephen King <— OMG YES!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVED this one (I read it as a child in a ratty old smelly (YUM!!!) yellowed paperback… oh YES I DID!!!). HECK. YES!!!!!
- A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1) by George R. R. Martin <— I have a list dedicated to “what to read after THIS one”
- Orange Is the New Black: My Year in a Women’s Prison by Piper Kerman <— you guessed it!
- The Martian: A Novel by Andy Weir
- The Name of the Wind: The Kingkiller Chronicle: Day One by Patrick Rothfuss <— A TON of awesome reviews. AND I MEAN A TON!!!
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green <— TEAR JERKER EXTRAORDINAIRE!
- Leaving Time (with bonus novella Larger Than Life): A Novel by Jodi Picoult <— Did I mention THIS one
- The Girl on the Train: A Novel by Paula Hawkins <— Sale price on this hugely popular one! I loved this stunner/psych-thriller excitement-fest (with a love story in there… sorta). Here’s my review.
- Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian by E.L. James <— This one is super-bargain priced too!!! Jean found it, saying: “For those of you who have been waiting for a sale like me to buy Grey. Mine!“
- Gone Girl: A Novel by Gillian Flynn <— ON SALE!!!!
- Box Set: Rescue Me Saga, Books 1-3 by Kallypso Masters <— first 3 bundled at a rock bottom price (BDSM masters and they’re military men to boot!!) and this series is MUCH loved!!
- The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty <— OOOOOh!!! Super-sale on a super-awesome book! I read this one and loved it!! 5 STAR LOVED IT! (my review)
- Restless Waters: A Left Drowning Novel (Left Drowning Series Book 2) by Jessica Park <— JUST RELEASED!!! And I 5-STARRED BOOK #1 ALERT! Here’s my review of “Left Drowning“.
- Bound By Temptation (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles Book 4) by Cora Reilly <— JUST RELEASED MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT! & my friend Kandace is excited!!
- The Decadence After Dark Box Set: Decadence after Dark Books 1-3 by M. Never <— JUST RELEASED SERIES BUNDLE at a rock bottom price!!!
- Star Kissed by Kelly Fitzpatrick <— JUST RELEASED!! SHE USED TO BE A STAR…
- Cuffs: An Undercover Novel by Georgie Tyler <— JUST RELEASED! Wrong place at the wrong time… “…being spotted, caught and cuffed to a cement mixer. So when the perpetrator tries to convince her he’s protecting her, she’s far from convinced…”
- The Billionaire’s Return (Dare Valley Meets Paris, Volume 4) by Ava Miles <— JUST RELEASED!!
- If I Didn’t Know Better (The Callaways Book 9) by Barbara Frothy <— JUST RELEASED!! SINGLE FATHER/SOLDIER NEIGHBOR “…she agrees to go to Angel’s Bay to clean out her aunt’s house. She has no idea that the wounded soldier next door and his adorable, but also wounded, daughter are about to change her definition of perfect….”
- Black Moon Draw by Lizzy Ford <— I SAW THIS ONE SCROLLING ON MY FACEBOOK WALL ALERT! It was brought up because of a fun image “quote/saying” that said something like… someone needed to “write” a book where the hero slowly falls for the reader. HEY!!! THAT’S US!!! And a few piped up and said it had already been written! THIS one!! WHAT WHAT WHAT??? And sure enough… that blurb? UP MOST of our alleys!!!
- Released (Caged Book 3) by Shay Savage <— GASPING & SOBBING ALERT! Tracey recommends it!! “Just finished Caged released book 3 of the caged series by Shay Savage, if I thought the first two books were good I was mistaken as book 3 blew the previous two out of sight I had gasping moments, sobbing moments and sighing moments. Now in a book funk well and truly.“
- Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin by Mariana Zapata <— ROCK STAR ALERT & RECOMMENDED BY ME (my review) AND Andrea: “Using the heroine’s own words from the book, I am “blissed out”. 90% into Mariana Zapata’s Rythme, Chord, & Malykhin.” and Nadia: “I loved it!!”
- The Rocker Who Holds Me (The Rocker Series Book 1) by Terri Anne Browning <— ROCK STAR OLDIE BUT GOODIE ALERT!! Vicki is loving this series! “I have seen Terri Anne Browning Rocker series recommended many times and today I decided to try it. I am soo glad I did I am already halfway through the Second book and will definitely be reading the rest!” Plus it’s bargain priced BIG time! P.S. Jean agrees! “The Rocker series is so awesome! I’m all caught up on that one and as soon as a new book releases in the series, I drop everything I’m reading. First book was the best”
- Bound by Spells (Bound Series Book 2) by Stormy Smith <— Lenore recommends this one! “I reread Bound By Spells (book 2 in the series) by Stormy Smith, Author and remembered how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!”
- Becoming Calder by Mia Sheridan <— Nicole is reading and loving this duo! “I started Becoming Calder and finished it today… Now right into Finding Eden… they are quite intense! ” and Noelle agrees! “Loved those books! I’m reading another one by Mia Sheridan-Kyland.”
- Cocky Bastard by Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland <— THIS ONE MADE NYT & USA TODAY best sellers lists!! Megan loved it! “Awesome story, happy ending!” and Sharon agrees! “A fun quick read with just enough angst.”
- Magic Shifts (Kate Daniels Book 8) by Ilona Andrews <— Tiffany Snow (YES THE TIFFANY SNOW) highly recommends this one!! “Magic Shifts, book eight in the Kate Daniels Series by Ilona Andrews. That series keeps getting better and better. Best urban fantasy I’ve ever read.“
- Sustained by Emma Chase <— Darcie loved this one! “Just finished sustained by Emma chase. Loved it! Read it in one sitting!” and Jovanna agrees! “I just discovered Emma Chase. Love her writing style and humor “
- The Lost: A Crow City Novel by Cole McCade <— JUST RELEASED!! Fabi found us this one! “Cole McCade’s The Lost went live yesterday. It’s supposed to be dark, dark, dark. I can’t wait to read this one too… I really liked A Second Chance at Paris so I’m looking forward to another one. Although, I think this one is going to be dark, dark, dark. Not at all like fluffy ASCaP.”
- Blurred Lines by Lauren Layne <— Cheryl liked this one!! “I also just finished reading Blurred Lines. Loved it. Sweet, minimal not drawn out angst of best friends to lovers. Just wished the ending was a little more drawn out. *sigh* Now what to read next…”
- All of Me by Gina Sorelle <— Jean recommends this one!! “By the way guys, I finished All of Me by Gina Sorelle yesterday and I absolutely loved it! There were some editing issues but not enough to take away from the story. This heroine, Stella, was so strong, sassy, upfront, and completely loveable! And her sisters were all characters in their own right! Highly recommend!“
- Craving Trix: The Aces’ Sons by Nicole Jacquelyn <— BIKER BOOK ALERT and Laura loved it! “ I don’t know if you all know but if anyone likes Nicole jacquelyns craving constellations series she has a new book out craving trix I just read it and it was so good as usual *sigh*”
- End of Day (Jack & Jill Series Book 1) by Jewel E. Ann <— Jen LOVED it! “OMG…just wanted to bring your attention to End of Day…so good…like nothing else I have read. Unputdownable (new word?)!!!!“
- Lord of The Isles (Zebra Historical Romance) by Debbie Mazzuca <— MichelleS recommends this one as a “What to read after The Golden Dynasty” option! “have you ever read Lord of the Isles, by Debbie Mazzuca? Same “feel” as GD. She is from our time and gets thrown back in time (not alternate universe, but same idea). Just enough paranormal and a ton of hot action. Loved it.”
- Him by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy <— M/M ROMANCE and back on the list ’cause it’s one of our fav authors AND fabi went nuts for it! “I’ll hate myself tomorrow, but I couldn’t put it down and read straight through. I laughed, I cried…it was so good. Happy tears. The only kind I like in my stories. I’ve got all the warm and fuzzy feels. …I am in a bit of a fog from HIM. …it was perfect for me. Sweet, low drama, good communication, witty dialogue, etc. I’m so tempted to just start it again. I think Elle Kennedy has earned a firm place as one of my favorite authors. I need to read another of Sabrina Bowen’s too.“
- Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass series Book 1) by Sarah J. Maas <— M’Leea recommends this one BIG TIME!! “I just came across the mention of Sarah Maas… I had been meaning to read her Throne of Glass series, and kept putting it off thinking it is YA and sometime Pg13 can be a little slow-ish. Well, I have been RAVING about ALL of her books since!!!!!!!!! Shouldn’t have waited. Read all her books in a week. Got little sleep. I looooved that her character’s romantic relationships didn’t drive the plot and their sex life didn’t hold the story together. Friendships, courage, survival, absolute strength in adversity with a bit of sass on the side… This is an author whose stories are tightly planned and she delivers each time. She has amazing talent to weave and hide plot elements to enable surprise at that 75-80% mark on the kindle. I cannot rave enough. World building is wonderful – if you love the fantasy genre, you simply must go there.” (P.S. Here’s the series reading order).
And for AUDIOBOOK LOVERS
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
- 11-22-63: A Novel by Stephen King <— Claudia is HOOKED on this audiobook! “I’m reading “11/22/63 by Stephen King”, not actually reading, but listening to the audio book so is taking me forever to finish..boy..it’s so good…everybody should read this book. There’s a TV series coming up next year. I never read SK before I moved to US, now I’m a big fan.“
- The Empathy series Box set by Ker Dukey <— The entire series bundled for a SUPER BARGAIN!! releasing August 31st 2015
- Breaking Ryann (Bad Boy Reformed 3) by Alyssa Rae Taylor – expected release date August 31st 2015!!
- 9 Ways to Fall: An Exclusive Collection of NINE Red-Hot Romances by bestselling authors, featuring Alpha Males, Fighters, Rock-Stars, Movie Stars, Sexy Bad Boys and more - August 31st 2015
- Thick Love (Thin Love Book 2) by Eden Butler – August 31st 2015
- Hold On (The ‘Burg Series Book 6) by Kristen Ashley – September 1st 2015
- Queen of Shadows: Throne of Glass 4 (Throne of Glass series) by by Sarah J. Maas – September 1st 2015
- Under My Skin: A Stark Novel by J. Kenner - expected release date September 1st 2015
- Begging for It by Lilah Pace - expected release date September 1st 2015 <— OMG I LOVED BOOK #1!!!!!
- Crosstown Crush: A Sins In the City Novel by Cara McKenna - September 1st 2015
- Reclaiming Jessamine: A Novel by Jessica Sorensen – expected release date September 1st 2015
- Archangel’s Enigma (Guild Hunter) by Nalini Singh - expected release date September 1st 2015
- The Drafter (The Peri Reed Chronicles Book 1) by Kim Harrison - expected release date September 1st 2015
- A Red-Rose Chain: An October Daye Novel by Seanan McGuire - expected release date September 1st 2015
- Undercover: A Novel by Danielle Steel – expected release date September 1st 2015
- Too Hard to Handle (Black Knights Inc.) by Julie Ann Walker - expected release date September 1st 2015
- The Gambler: The Wedding Pact #3 by Denise Grover Swank - expected release date September 1st 2015
- Dark Ghost (Carpathian Book 26) by Christine Feehan - expected release date September 1st 2015
- Make Me: A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee Child – September 8th 2015
- The End Game by Katie McCarthy <— Niki found us this one! “I just pre-ordered The End Game by Katie McCarthy….college sports romance… over 400 pages!! It comes out Sept. 8th.“