HAPPY FRIDAY FINDS DAY!!! On this list, we have WAY more recommendations and bargain finds, than new releases, so consider this a “tried-and-true” reader recommendations list!!! Everything from laugh-out-loud funny books finds, to angst, to bad boys, to emotionally enlightening reads, to awesome-sounding M/M romances that are making some of our fellow readers FREAK OUT in delight!!!
I’m reading one too, in fact. The Evolution of Ivy: Poison is a sort of “psych-thriller” or “thriller-romance” or “psych-romance”. Not sure yet, ’cause I’m only in the second half and this one could go ANY way, in fact, I suddenly sense a shift in direction that I am thoroughly enjoying. But to give you an idea, … STALKER ALERT!!! She’s been in love with him all her life, and he’s now marrying someone else. So she changes everything about herself, sets her plan in motion and intends to get him back ANY. WAY. SHE. CAN. And oh my, am I enjoying the crazy.
Now… take a look at what else we found! (NOTE: some are bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- A Thousand Letters by Staci Hart <— STACI HART’S LATEST IS LIVE!!!! This one was on my news post a few days ago!! Unrequited love and a second chance romance… “One regretted decision sent him away. One painful journey brought him back to me. I only wish I could keep him.*A contemporary romance inspired by Jane Austen’s Persuasion*”
- Fake Fiancée by Ilsa Madden-Mills <— FOOTBALL STAR NEEDS A FIANCEE ALERT!! And everyone seems to be going crazy for it, ’cause the reviews are AMAZING!!! YAY US!!
Jean: I’m 40% into Fake Fiancee and omg, it’s GREAT! The cover is totally deceiving because this book is reminding me of the Off Campus series by Elle Kennedy! The same feels! Loving it!!!!!
Tessa: I did love this book. I know Jean was swoony over it too. It’s just such a good read.
Jen: Reading this right now and really enjoying it. And yeah… cover model is gorgeous! Haha.
Jean: Love this cover and yes, I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED THE BOOK!
- Surrendering by Michelle Horst <— LIVE!!! Nancy found us this one, since she loved another book (Predator) by this author!
- The Gender Game 4: The Gender War by Bella Forrest <— LIVE TECHNO THRILLER ALERT!!!
- If Ever I Fall by S.D. Robertson <— LIVE!!! EVERYTHING IS FALLING APART ALERT! I’m not really are about this blurb. Sounds heart wrenching and features three people at a crossroads and struggling to overcome, but I’m not sure if they’re strangers or connected or what? Anyway, could be awesome.
- The Story of Us by D. Nichole King <— LIVE!!! SOUNDS HEARTWRENCHING ALERT!! She’s not ready for them to end, but it may not be in her hands anymore… “Now my husband, my everything is battling for each breath, and all I can do is stare at the machines as the clock ticks off precious minutes. The doctors said the first twenty-four hours are critical—but every moment is critical. You never know which will be your last...”
- Wilder (The Renegades) by Rebecca Yarros <— HE WANTS HIS TUTOR ALERT!! And it’s super-bargain priced today (and has great reviews!) “My new tutor is sexy, smart, more stubborn than I am, and one hundred percent off limits. That’s right–the only rule this semester is “don’t touch the tutor.” For the first time in my life, I want someone I can’t have. She’s the girl who obeys every rule. I’m the guy who breaks them.”
Jacie: This book was AMAZING, but Rebecca’s books always are. I’ve been (im)patiently waiting for the next in this series and we’re just a few days out!
- Sexy Bad Neighbor (Sexy Bad Series Book 1) by Misti Murphy <— LIVE!!! NEIGHBOR PRANK WAR ALERT!! “A war that could damn well involve two hearts and a plan. Her plan doesn’t involve falling in love. His life doesn’t involve plans. This could be a problem...”
- Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones <— HILARIOUS & SEXY PARANORMAL SERIES ALERT!!! Back on the list ’cause Cristina and I both leaped on the huge Darynda Jones sale from a week or so ago, and now SHE is marathon reading her heart out!!
Cristina: I’m knee deep in the Charley Davidson series right now by Darynda Jones. I just finished book seven today. I haven’t been able to step away from it yet! LOVE IT!!!! I have laughed the whole way through!! Romance, great characters, AND fantastic plots in each book which is tied to an even bigger plot! I’m on a roll!!!!
- Never Let You Go (a modern fairytale) by Katy Regnery <— SHE ESCAPES HER KIDNAPPER BUT HER FOSTER BROTHER IS LEFT BEHIND… WOW THIS BLURB SOUNDS AMAZING!!!! Nancy also found us this super-sale!!”...thirteen-year-old foster children Griselda and Holden escape from their abductor after three years of brutal captivity, and try to cross the Shenandoah River on foot. Tragically, one of them makes it to safety, but the other is left behind. Ten years later, Griselda’s boyfriend drags her to a fight club grudge match, and her world is turned upside down when she watches Holden step into the ring…
Nancy: NEVER LET YOU GO by Katy Regnery is on sale …This was on my Best of 2015 list.
Lauren: Never Let You Go is one of my favorite books of 2015. I’ve already re-read it a few times.
MichelleS: I just read never Let You Go. I won’t forget it, that’s for sure. Very cool retelling of Hansel and Gretel – what if two kids got “taken” and then formed a bond? Yup. Pretty cool.
Jean: Been reading a great book all day! Never let You Go by Kate Regnery!!!! So, so great! Can’t put it down! I am so impressed with this author and loved Vixen and the Vet!
- Making Faces by Amy Harmon <— SCARRED & RECLUSIVE AWESOME AMY HARMON BOOK ALERT!!! He’s scarred and reclusive and she befriends him. This is one of my 5-star favorites from a few years back and it’s super-bargain priced today!!! And here’s my review.
Jennifer: Read this a few yrs ago, great book!!!!
Vivian: This book gives me life.
- Boxed Set: The King Trilogy by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff <— HE HAS THAT “BARRONS-FEEL” ALERT!! And this is a THREE BOOK SUPER-BARGAIN BUNDLE! And this series is now complete with the recent release of #5!
Lisa: Maryse, had to drop you a note about the King Trilogy by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff. Whoa, not what I expected SO much better. eep! If your in the mood for fun paranormal read this is it! King is on of my favorite dark characters.
Tracey: …really good read reminded me a bit of Karen Marie Moning Fever series…
Tessa: King has totally made me squirrel! Serious “Barron” feeling. I’m only on the first one but definite Hot!!!
- Open House by TC Matson <— SHE’S LONELY IN HER LONG TERMM RELATIONSHIP & THEN SHE MEETS HER SON’S TEACHER ALERT!! Recently released but back on the list ’cause I just got great feedback on it!! “...Knowing all relationships face difficult obstacles, she turns a blind eye and blames the lure on the lack of attention and fights even harder to fix her broken relationship. And then it happens… Brian presents an inconceivable challenge, derailing Riley and forcing new beginnings for everyone…“
Marion: I’m in love with this story!!!!! 5 beautiful stars
- Worth It by CM Owens and SM Shade <— THIS IS GASP-FOR-AIR FUNNY ALERT!!!! Maria recommends this one!
Maria: Worth It by CM Owens and SM Shade is one of the funniest books I’ve ever read. I was reading excerpts to my husband between gasping for air and hysterical laughing fits.
- The Monday Girl (The Girl Duet Book 1) & The Someday Girl (The Girl Duet Book 2) by Julie Johnson <— FAMOUS ACTOR & UNKNOWN GIRL ALERT!!! The “duet” is complete and Cheryl LOVED IT!!!
Cheryl: I just finished the Girl Duet by Julie Johnson. I LOVED it and towards the end really tried to slow down because I didn’t want it to end. I laughed, cried, my heart hurt and I yelled in frustration at my kindle. It was a wonderful read that I hope the author continues in some way with a new story about one of the supporting characters. If you read it, you’ll know who I am talking about-just broke my heart and I hope their heart can get mended and it wouldn’t hurt to read more about the MC’s from the duet too. *sigh*
- Always: A Novel by Sarah Jio <— HOMELESS MAN WAS ONE HER SOULMATE ALERT!! THIS ONE MADE LISA “SPILL HER FEELZ”!!! Recent release and it’s back on the list ’cause that blurb caught my attention BIG time, and even more so when Lisa recommended it!
Lisa: “I read an ARC of Always by Sarah Jio (she runs into her former love who is now a homeless man with some serious mental issues…but they still have a bond/connection that she tries to reach out to him through). I thought it was a 4.5 read in case that trips anyone’s trigger. Gaahhhhh…I think I just spilled feelz all over myself remembering it!!”
- The Language of Flowers: A Novel by Vanessa Diffenbaugh <— RAISED IN THE FOSTER SYSTEM, RECLUSIVE & SHE’S GOT NOWHERE TO GO NOW... “…Now eighteen and emancipated from the system with nowhere to go, Victoria realizes she has a gift for helping others through the flowers she chooses for them. But an unexpected encounter with a mysterious stranger has her questioning what’s been missing in her life…” AND!! It’s on SUPER-SALE & Tasha recommends it!!!
Tasha: The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh is on sale… today! I read this one a couple years ago and raved about it. It’s a beautifully written story about a foster child, now a woman, who had a rough start in life and her gift with the meanings of flowers and how she touches other’s lives in that way.
- Wintersong: A Novel by S. Jae-Jones <— DARK FANTASY ROMANCE ALERT!!! And it just went live this week and now back on the list ’cause Tessa enjoyed it!!
Tessa: I finished Wintersong. I couldn’t stop reading it. … Wintersong was emotional for me. The writing was beautiful, and I really enjoyed how emotions and personality were shown through music. Truly, different and beautiful.”
bev: I read a review that described the writing as “lush” and I think I agree with that.
- Bitter Legacy by Dal Maclean <— M/M ROMANCE ANGST ALERT!!! Fabi LOST HER MIND OVER THIS ONE!! It’s one of bev’s favorites, too!!!
bev: Just finished Bitter Legacy which I really enjoyed. Going to be hard to leave those characters. …I need someone to read this, but you have to like M/M, mystery, and some emotional angst.
Fabi: bev bev! bev!!! I’m at **% of Bitter Legacy and I’m dying !!! OMG I knew it I knew it I …didn’t want to know it. aaahhhhhhhh! I can’t think, I can’t work, I can’t breath – I just have to read read read to see how it ends. Whaaaaaa!
Fabi: Thank you so very much for recommending and loaning me this book. Easily the best I’ve read so far this year. I meant to make it last until Friday, but I got caught up in it this morning and haven’t been able to stop reading all day. I’ve done nothing else! WOW!!! What a ride!
- Borrowing Blue: A Made Marian Novel by Lucy Lennox <— LAUGH-OUT-LOUD M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!! Here’s another one, and Kathy is LOVING IT!!
Kathy: Maryse, if you ever add to your M/M list, I am reading Borrowing Blue by Lucy Lennox. I am over 60% and I love it! I have laughed out loud more than a few times and there are such sweet moments too. This is the first book in a 4 book series and I am definitely going to read the rest. Bonus, it is free on KU.
- AUDIOBOOK LVERS ➜ For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle ebooks are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. !!! VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (next few days, and next week’s!!! )
- Choosing Forever: Book 2 in the Torn Duet by Mia Kayla – February 13th 2017
- Like A Memory by Abbi Glines - February 14th 2017
- Riveted: A Saints of Denver Novel by Jay Crownover - February 14th 2017
- Burn (The Steel Brothers Saga Book 5) by Helen Hardt - February 14th 2017
- EASY 4 (The Ferro Family) by H.M. Ward - February 14th 2017
- Love Story (Love Unexpectedly) by Lauren Layne - February 14th 2017
- The Wedding Clause by Alexandra Ivy - February 14th 2017
- Shadow’s Seduction (Immortals After Dark Book 17) by Kresley Cole - February 14th 2017
- The Travis Family, The Complete Series by Lisa Kleypas - February 14th 2017
- Every Little Thing (The Butler, Vermont Series Book 1) by Marie Force - February 14th 2017
- Wardrobe Malfunction by Samantha Towle - February 18th 2017
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).