Okay you guys!!! I just finished my awesome latest dark read (Hidden Bodies: A Novel <— and yes, I LOVED it) so I’ll be reviewing later today, and no matter what, I WILL be reading the follow-up. I don’t even care that it ended in a cliffhanger, I’m wickedly (and not in a good way ’cause some are crazy!!!!) attached to the characters. UPDATE!!! I’VE REVIEWED HIDDEN BODIES!!
But next up for me, is Wolfsong <— one of the most repeated “2016″ favorites from my most-trusted book buddies and I KNOW I cut-out too early when I first one-clicked and started it. The way you guys are going on about Wolfsong, I HAVE to find out what all the fuss is about. I KNOW I’m missing out, and lucky for me, I’m going back in!
Fabi: Nothing has measured up since Wolfsong. …Everyone I know who has read it has loved it. It went straight into my favorites. I wish I could wave my magic wand and convince everyone to read it. I don’t push books often. But Wolfsong simply must be read.
R: WOLFSONG!!!! Hand’s down, not even a question. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it. And this one Fabi did recommend. XOXOXO!
Fabi: Gah! R! Wolfsong. That book is everywhere lately. Maybe it will nudge Maryse into giving it another shot.
MichelleS: WOLFSONG! I will never forget these characters, the werwolf lore, the story… the FEELS… just loved the heck out of this book.
bev: I’m reading Wolfsong right now and it’s wonderful. I love when they meet as children.
MichelleS: You see that Maryse? She picked Wolfsong too!!! LOL. Have we all convinced you yet?
Jennifer: I loved Wolfsong as well….definitely a masochist!
bev: We want Maryse to read Wolfsong. Can say that even though it is the year of zen cause it’s a Fabi book not a bev book.
Maryse: Okay here I am!!! I’m going back into Wolfsong. …LOL bev!!!! You crack me up!!!! I’m back in. Who’s buddy reading Wolfsong with me?
Amy: Wolfsong…hmmmm, I *think* I’ve heard of that one before. Maybe it was mentioned here a time or two?
MichelleS: Maryse is going to read Wolfsong??? SQUEEEEEEEEE
Robyn: I also clicked Wolfsong. I don’t really read M/M, but everyone loves it and I don’t want to be left out! Plus it has wolves, so yeah
Fabi: Everybody already knows, but mine is Wolfsong for uniqueness. Unique story, unique characters and unique writing.
R: Wolfsong…that book is in my skin like a rash. It’s sitting under my Christmas tree right now and it’s killing me not to open it and put it on my pretty new shelves. ONE MORE DAY. The phrase “kid at Christmas” really means something when you love books.
Kelly: The book gods have decided to make 2017 a stupendous year for me. Why? Because the book I decided to start my year with is Wolfsong. I am only 1/2 way through but I know I will NEVER forget this book. The writing is beautifully simple but undeniably profound. It is heart wrenching but is also make-me-laugh-out-loud funny. (Joe’s idea of courting? Come on!). This group is like my “book pack” so I hope you can hear me howl my song of love and joy and join in and share the love.
Now… take a look at what else we found! (NOTE: some are bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Commander in Chief (White House Book 2) by Katy Evans <— LIVE!!! THE LATEST FROM KATY EVANS!! And I believe it’s the conclusion to the first book (a “Duet” series?) so don’t read the blurb if you haven’t read book #1 yet, since this one is a sequel!! P.S. Here’s book #1 ➔ Mr. President (White House Book 1)
Holly: So excited! The first one was a 5 star read for me!!
- Dear Life by Meghan Quinn <— LIVE!! MEGHAN QUINN’S LATEST!!! ”Four lives. Four stories. Four sets of letters. Four brave souls in need of guidance while facing life’s greatest challenges…“
- The Summer Palace: A Captive Prince Short Story (Captive Prince Short Stories Book 2) C. S. Pacat <— LIVE!!!! FANTASY M/M ROMANCE!! Here’s the MUCH-LOVED series reading order.
Morgana: I definitely recommend the Captive Prince trilogy by C.S. Pacat. It’s a genre all on it’s own, deals with two princes, power play, complex characters, slavery, hidden identities and a great freaking plot.
- Please Don’t Go by Felice Stevens <— LIVE!!!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!!
- Sister Sister: A gripping psychological thriller by Sue Fortin <—- LIVE!!! PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT! These sisters appear to hate each other… “Clare thinks Alice is a manipulative liar who is trying to steal her life. Alice thinks Clare is jealous of her long-lost return and place in their family. One of them is telling the truth. The other is a maniac.“
- Imposter: A blockbuster suspense thriller by K. Larsen <— PSYCH-THRILLER SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! I read and enjoyed this one!!! Her sister is kidnapped… and then shows up years later. MY REVIEW.
- Silver Bay: A Novel by JoJo Moyes <— JOJO MOYES SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! (thank you for finding it, Amy!!!) “Liza McCullen will never fully escape her past. But the unspoiled beaches and tight-knit community of Silver Bay offer the freedom and safety she craves—if not for herself, then for her young daughter, Hannah. That is, until Mike Dormer arrives as a guest in her aunt’s hotel…“
- The Bourbon Thief by Tiffany Reisz <— TIFFANY REISZ SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! I hear it’s got that family saga Back on the list ’cause it’s still at that amazing price, and so many think this one is AMAZING!!! And my friend Natasha went CRAZY for this one!!!Natasha: I sure did!! It’s an amazing page-turner, with an incredibly provocative and unexpected storyline, and written so so beautifully. I can’t recommend it highly enough.Sally: One of my favorites for 2016! Loved it!
- What She Knew: A Novel by Gilly Macmillan <— PSYCH-THRILLER SUPER-BARGAIN THAT I TOTALLY JUST ONE-CLICKED!!! She’s newly divorced and her young son disappears while he’s with her… “…Rachel, already insecure after her recent divorce, feels herself coming undone. As hours and then days pass without a sign of Ben, everyone who knew him is called into question, from Rachel’s newly married ex-husband to her mother-of-the-year sister. Inevitably, media attention focuses on Rachel too, and the public’s attitude toward her begins to shift from sympathy to suspicion. As she desperately pieces together the threadbare clues, Rachel realizes that nothing is quite as she imagined it to be, not even her own judgment…” EEEEEEEP!!!!
- Big Rock: (A Sexy Standalone Contemporary Romance) by Lauren Blakely <— LAUREN BLAKELY SEXY FAKE RELATIONSHIP SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! “…he needs me not only to zip it up, but to look the part of the committed guy. Fine. I can do this for Dad. After all, I’ve got him to thank for the family jewels. So I ask my best friend and business partner to be my fiancée for the next week. Charlotte’s up for it. She has her own reasons for saying yes to wearing this big rock...”
Pia: Finished Big Rock a few days ago. A very sweet, fun, sexy and safe read – no angst here. But Lauren Blakely when she is best
Anne: Pia I loved Big Rock! So fun! I love when books are from the guys POV. They always crack me up lol
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart <— HUGE TWISTY TEAR-JERKER ALERT!!!
Ann: That was my ugly cry book of 2016. Like you, Lisa, I tend to stay clear of the “hurty” books. But once in a while I let one thorough, and damn if it WWL didn’t kill me. There I was cruising along, enjoying a nice little YA read, until BAM! Biggest twist ever. I cried. Like a child.
Tasha: What? We Were Liars is an ugly cry?? Yikes I’m reading that one now and I’m already too invested to stop. I have ideas though, here’s too hoping I don’t get punched! Lol.
Amy: That one had a bit of a sucker-punch in it, right? Fellow YA lovers (I’m lookin’ at you, bev and Fabi ) should give it a shot.
Maryse: What what whaaaaaaaat?? How come I’ve never heard of We Were Liars until Lisa’s list? AMY!!!!
Amy: Er…ummmmm…crap, Maryse. I didn’t mention it before because…because…*sigh* I don’t know why. *shrug* I thought I had? Here, have a lemon meringue martini!!! *pushes martini into Maryse’s hands* It had a nice sucker-punch but didn’t make me ugly cry. It kind of had a Jellicoe Road feel to it (not the same plot, just the same kind of melancholy and “what happened”), and fortunately the way it played out actually worked. It could have been a disaster had it not been written well, but it WAS written well so I can honestly say it’s a rec.
- An Exaltation of Larks by Suanne Laqueur <—- OMG IT’S EVEN MORE SUPER=BARGAIN PRICED!!!! You guys!!!! This was one of my most favorite books of the year, and that of SO many of our fellow readers. READ THIS!!! READ THIS!!! READ THIS!!!!!!!!!! You’ll get it. Awesome writing, amazing, intense,, heart wrenching and uplifting story, and HOT AS ALL GET OUT!!!! Just sayin’ (my review!!!)
Grey: Wow, I finished An Exaltation of Larks… I get it now.
- AUDIOBOOK LVERS ➜ For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle ebooks are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. !!! VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- Full Package by Lauren Blakely - January 9th 2017
- Surrender: Careless Whispers 3 (The Inside Out Series) by Lisa Renee Jones - January 9th 2017
- Sinful Abandon by Jeannine Colette - January 10th 2017
- Worth The Wait: A McKinney/Walker Novel (The McKinney Brothers) by Claudia Connor - January 10th 2017
- Gone (Deadly Secrets Book 2) by Elisabeth Naughton - January 10th 2017
- #Blur (The GearShark Series Book 4) by Cambria Hebert - January 10th 2017
- Trick by Laramie Briscoe - January 13th 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).