Happy last day of March, and an even happier Friday!!!! Tomorrow might be full o’ April Fools tricks, but today, we’re safe, and this list is NO joke!! We have a new “Friday Finds” list to help us choose our weekend read (or reads, for you super-speedy readers).
<— P.S. KING OF THE SHOW!!! Yessssssssssssss I knowwwwwwwwwww… he’s still my highlight. But OMG you guys… if this is not a FRIDAY FIND, I don’t know what is. And I posted some of the awesome reader reactions for this one, below in the list. You’ll see. If you haven’t started it, heard of it, or read it yet, GET CRACKING!!! I PROMISE!!!!!
Now… take a look at what we found! (NOTE: some are bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Fear the Beard (The Dixie Warden Rejects MC Book 2) by Lani Lynn Vale <–– LIVE!!! BIKER BOOK ALERT!! SHE’S A SINGLE MOM/STUDENT & HE’S A TEACHER, A DOCTOR, AND AN MC BIKER ALERT!! “Tally is a twenty-year-old single mother struggling to finish nursing school. Has she made mistakes in life? Sure, but her daughter isn’t one of them. She works hard, she studies even harder, and she’s only a few weeks away from graduating. She’s living her life the best she knows how when she witnesses a near miss motorcycle accident between a car and a biker. A biker that happens to be the most talked about teacher at her college...”
- The Opposite of You by Rachel Higginson - March 30th 2017 <— LIVE!!! OFFICIALLY ONE OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS IN THE WORLD!!!!!! I 5-STAR PLUSSED THIS ONE!!! READ IT READ IT READ IT!!! (my review) and SO MANY HERE are loving it too!!
Lisa: So. Excited. Gonna. Pee. My. Pants.!!!!!
Kathy: Sometimes books are overhyped. But I am loving this one and I am still early in!! This book is better than chocolate and red wine and that is saying a lot!!
Maryse: I KNEW IT, Kathy!!! I trusted my gut on this one. My heart. This book is just THAT good.
Robyn: Loved it. Just finished!!!
Lisa: I’m loving it so far. Mr. Jerkface!
Lisa: 29% – and it’s slow burn. Killian is so awful and arrogant, and I loooooooooove him so much.
Jean: Yes slow and he’s a jerk and yes, I’m loving him!
Jean: Lol Lisa! Yes slow and he’s a jerk and yes, I’m loving him!
D.G.: In LOVE!!!! Maryse…can we share?????
Maryse: DG… can we share what? *backtracks through comments to see what I missed*
D.G.: Maryse…I want to share Killian, of course!!!! DEFINITE book boyfriend!!!
- Bad Bad Bad by K. Webster <— LIVE FORBIDDEN LOVE ALERT!!! HE’S A COP & SHE’S HIS DAUGHTER’S BEST FRIEND... “She’s his best friend’s daughter. Their connection is off the charts. And so very, very wrong…”
- Proud Mary: A Georgian Historical Romance (Roxton Family Saga Book 5) by Lucinda Brant <— LIVE!!! HISTORICAL ROMANCE ALERT!! Jan found us this one!
Jan: Another new HR came out today too Maryse (in Aus) – it’s the latest Georgian romance by Lucinda Brant, and it’s called Proud Mary. Looks good
- A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, Book 1) by Kresley Cole <— KRESLEY COLE ALERT!! THIS SERIES WAS ONE OF MY PARANORMAL ADDICTIONS!!! And book #1 is super-bargain priced right now!
Amy: I started A Hunger Like No Other… and I’m falling for Lachlain already. That scene where he’s coming towards her and tossing tables and easels…for some reason that one was cracking me up, especially when he points and says “you” and she looks around for the “unfortunate ‘you’” he’s pointing at, and then she realizes it’s HER. *snicker*
- In His Kiss (Love On The North Shore Book 4) by Christina Tetreault <— LIVE!! SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!!! HE LEFT HER... “When Ella Bridge fell for Alfred Striker, she thought she’d found the one. But then, days before she left for France as part of a professor exchange program, Striker walked away. Now she’s back home in North Salem, determined to ignore him no matter how tempting she still finds him.”
- Easy Virtue: The Complete Series by Mia Asher <— MIA ASHER BOOK BUNDLE ALERT!!! This duet is complete, bundled and super-bargain priced right now!!
Cheryl: I just finished Sweetest Venom and I loved it!! A 5* read. The only negative was the ending could have been longer. My stomach was twisted in knots throughout. And Blaire, my heart hurt for her, no matter how misguided she could be and times I want to slap her. It was quite the angsty journey and I may not have needed the blankie fort, but I did need wine, chocolate and kleenex. Have to say I loved this book more than EV. Now I need something lighthearted.
Amy: The last page in that book…*oomph!* Trying not to spoil anything here, but I want *someone* to pull a Dave Chappelle and do an “I’m rich b!tch!” to her. BUT I can’t hate her, just what she is doing. As much as I should, I just don’t hate her. *shrug*
- Write Naked: A Bestseller’s Secrets to Writing Romance & Navigating the Path to Success by Jennifer Probst <— LIVE!!! “Written in Probst’s unmistakable and honest voice, Write Naked is filled with the lessons and craft advice every writer needs in order to carve out a rewarding career.“
- Melody of Us by A.L. Wood <— LIVE!! BEST FRIEND SINCE CHILDHOOD… “…Anson became my best friend. We’ve spent almost our entire lives loving each other. We never said the words. But now… Now he’s said it...”
- The Widow by Fiona Barton <— PSYCH THRILLER ALERT!!! And it’s super-bargain priced! Yep. I one-clicked it. OMG SHE SOUNDS LIKE A DEVIOUS PSYCHO. I bet this one’s twisty!!! “There’s a lot Jean hasn’t said over the years about the crime her husband was suspected of committing. She was too busy being the perfect wife, standing by her man while living with the accusing glares and the anonymous harassment. Now there’s no reason to stay quiet…“
bev: Maryse?? Have you heard of The Widow? Just saw a A review for it. Guess it is a psych/thriller/mystery type like Gone Girl and Girl on the Train. A bit tempted.
Leah: Just finished The Widow by Fiona Barton, a good one if you want psychological suspense.
- Ghostface Killer by M. Never <— LIVE!!! SHE WAS ONCE HOMELESS & NOW A TRAINED KILLER BUT SHE’S GOT AN ISSUE NOW... “They call me Ghostface Killer because they never see me coming. I understand the weight of that danger. The hazard. The jeopardy. Because now here I stand, three months pregnant with the barrel of a gun pressed to my head cause I never saw him coming...”
- Rite of Rejection (Acceptance Book 1) <— YA DYSTOPIAN ALERT!! Oooooh it sounds good. The “machine” rejected her as a future potential criminal and now she’s in a prison… “…A life behind barbed wire fences with the world’s most dangerous people terrifies Rebecca. She reluctantly joins a band of misfit teens in a risky escape plan, complete with an accidental fiancé she’s almost certain she can learn to love. But freedom comes with a price...” (and it’s super-bargain priced right now).
- Standing His Ground: Greer (Porter Brothers Trilogy Book 2) by Jamie Begley <— LIVE!!! HE’S READY TO SETTLE DOWN & HAVE A FAMILY BUT… “the one he’s falling in love with remains a mystery, hiding her face and name in the messages she sends from behind her computer. The mysterious woman may dodge his questions about her identity, but it’s only a matter of time before she finds out that this Porter brother won’t back away from something he wants, and he wants her...”
- Animal by Marni Mann <— DARK READ ALERT!!! Back on the list ’cause this is one recent release that Jean went CRAZY over!
Jean: Oh guys, I’ve been meaning to mention how much I am LOVING Animal by Marni Mann! IT IS BETTER THAN PRISONED! And, you don’t have to read Prisoned first to read this one! I started it yesterday at lunch, read all night after work, and am at 75% now. Finishing it up at lunch. Can you say total mindf*%kery?!?! Wow, just wow!
Jean: YOU GUYS! I AM FREAKING OUT! JUST FINISHED ANIMAL AND YOU HAVE TO READ IT! THAT ENDING! THAT EPILOGUE! WTF?!?! *OK, DONE RANT*
bev: So would you say you enjoyed it, Jean?
Linda: Bev lol. Well Jean did you enjoy it??!! Your comment seemed a little subtle.
Jean: I FREAKING LOVED IT! CAN’T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT!
Jean: It can totally be read as a standalone… but I did read Prisoned first which gave you some insight into the darkness! The characters from Prisoned are not in the 2nd book though, and the characters from Animal were not in the first book. My mind is just totally blown from this book! Luckily I buddy read it with my friend. We both finished last night and can’t stop talking about it today!
- The Night Mark by Tiffany Reisz <— LIVE!!! TIFFANY REISZ ALERT!!! GRIEVING HER LATE HUSBAND, SHE ACCEPTS A PHOTOGRAPHY JOB… “Like a moth to a flame, Faye is drawn to the lighthouse for reasons she can’t explain. While visiting it one night, she is struck by a rogue wave and a force impossible to resist drags Faye into the past—and into a love story that is not her own…”
- If You Fight (Corrupted Love Book 2) by K.M. Scott <— LIVE!! SHE LOVES ONE MAN BUT SHE’S BEING FORCED TO MARRY SOMEONE ELSE… “…All my life, everyone around me made sure I was weak. My father. My sister. And now the man my father forced me to marry. But Oliver doesn’t know what I know. Strength can come even in the hardest times, and if you’re willing to fight for love, nothing can stand in your way...”
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor <— LIVE!!! FANTASY BOOK ALERT!!! “Lazlo Strange, war orphan and junior librarian, has always feared that his dream chose poorly. Since he was five years old he’s been obsessed with the mythic lost city of Weep, but it would take someone bolder than he to cross half the world in search of it. Then a stunning opportunity presents itself…” and Jaime found us this one!
Jaime: Also, Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor came out on Tuesday. I haven’t had a chance to read it yet, but if it’s written as beautifully as her Daughter of Smoke and Bone series it’s bound to be a winner!
- Extracted (Extracted Trilogy Book 1) by RR Haywood <— WHAT TO READ AFTER DARK MATTER ALERT!!! Fabi found us this one and LOVED IT!! P.S. OMG I LOVED Dark Matter and would love to read another crazy-twisty book in that genre. YAY ME!!!
Fabi: Where are my sci-fi peeps??? I just hit another jackpot with one of those Kindle First picks. This one falls under the ‘what to read after Dark Matter’ list.It’s called Extracted by R.R. Haywood. I listened to Carl Prekopp’s narration and I don’t know if I’m more in love with the characters or with his narration. But, I gotta tell you, the combination is to die for.
The sequel comes out this summer. This first one leaves things up in the air somewhat but I didn’t feel like it was huge cliffhanger.
If you like the Dark Matter type of sci-fi where the focus is more on the characters than on the science, then you really should try this one. You’ll get the narration at a deeply discounted price if you have the Kindle version. Check your Kindle First, it may still be available, then add Carl’s narration because it is not to be missed.
:-/ sorry about all the gushing. I’m obviously a little excited about this one.
- Goodbye Paradise by Sarina Bowen <— SARINA BOWEN’S LATEST M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!! And now we have some great feedback!
MichelleS: I was up until midnight finishing Goodbye Paradise…. on a work day. Thanks a lot, Fabi. I blame you for my yawning today. But I loved it!
- Still Waters (Greenstone Security Book 1) by Anne Malcom <— LIVE!! BIKER BOOK ALERT!!! HE TAUGHT HER HOW TO BE STILL…“The only way to handle chaos is to become it. That’s what Lucy did. She created stillness out of the chaos tumbling inside her and called the most chaotic motorcycle club in the United States her family. The Sons of Templar gave her chaos, friendship, family, danger and death. But she wouldn’t want it any other way. Then he came. The one who showed her that her handle on chaos was tumultuous at best…”
- AUDIOBOOK LVERS ➜ For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle ebooks are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. !!! VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (next few days, and next week’s!!! )
- The Chosen: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward – Xcor’s book!! APRIL 4th 2017!!!!
- Easy Magic (The Boudreaux Series Book 5) by Kristen Proby - April 4th 2017
- Wild Ride (Black Knights Inc. Book 9) by Julie Ann Walker - April 4th 2017
- Ends Here: Road to Nowhere Book 2 by M. Robinson - April 4th 2017
- Fighting for Love: A Boston Love Novel by Kelly Elliott - April 4th 2017
- Between a Wolf and a Hard Place (Silver Town Wolf) by Terry Spear - April 4th 2017
- Fighting Attraction (Redemption) by Sarah Castille – April 4th 2017
- Wicked Abyss (Immortals After Dark) by Kresley Cole - April 4th 2017
- 72 Hours by Bella Jewel - April 4th 2017
- Master Professor (Lessons from the Rack) by Tara Sue Me - April 4th 2017
- A Fare to Remember by Opal Carew - April 4th 2017
- More Than a Feeling (Rock Star Romance #4) by Erika Kelly - April 4th 2017
- Oh, My Dragon (The I Like Big Dragons Series Book 3) by Lani Lynn Vale – April 6th 2017
- His Dirty Little Secret by Terri Anne Browning - April 6th 2017
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).