Yep. You guessed it. Today’s Friday Finds are awesome (I received some great-sounding recommendations this week). We’ve been on a reading roll! Plus, some new releases by authors we LOVE (like Ginger Scott and Katie Ashley and Georgia Cates just to name a few) and some super-bargains by authors we LOVE (like the latest by Amy Harmons and a psych-thriller that I just read a few weeks ago and went crazy for at it’s regular price). LOL!! At this price? JUMP ON IT!!!
I’m still adding onto this list, as I will be for the next few hours (including some feedback on a few recent releases that I was sure would be awesome, and turns out, they are)!
Plus, don’t forget to check put my latest review (famous actor and a regular girl that goes out of her way to meet him – tee hee!!!)
AND!!! If you missed it, don’t forget to check out part #1 and part #2 of our 8th birthday blog celebration (where we reminisce and I answer reader and blog-type questions!!) SO. MUCH. FUN this week, and there will be a final part three (the conclusion of this week’s birthday bash) in just a day or so. LOL! I wrote a trilogy. A birthday blog post trilogy. *snort* I crack myself up!!
Now… take a look at what we found! (NOTE: some are bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- A Boy Like You by Ginger Scott <— LIVE!!! GINGER SCOTT’S LATEST (and we LOVE her here)!!! Sounds like it will be angsty and deep. The blurb is hard to wrap my head around, but I am intrigued! A boy once saved her life… and then he disappeared. Years later, a new boy shows up. “...From the moment I first saw him standing there on the baseball field, he pushed me—his eyes constantly questioning, doubting…daring. Still, something about him—it feels…familiar. He says his name is Wes. But I can’t help but feel like he’s someone else. Someone from my past. Someone who’s come back to save me. This time, though, he’s too late…“
- The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis <— HOLY MOLY CRAZY BLURB-ALERT!!! HER OLDER SISTER WAS MURDERED AND SHE LOST IT… AND HER KILLER-DARK SIDE CAME OUT & SHE CAN’T TRUST HERSELF AROUND OTHERS… “As their senior year unfolds, Alex’s darker nature breaks out, setting these three teens on a collision course that will change their lives forever.“ Amy, the other half of our “Marmy” twins (we like ‘em angsty and gasp-worthy, and jaw-dropping and unpredictable, and infuriating, and tear-jerking and daring!!) Anyway, I digress… look what AMY found us!!!! *squeeeee*
Amy: MARYSE!! I haven’t gushed much about it (don’t want to be accused of peddling a death book *side-eyes bev* ) but…YOU’RE GOING TO WANT TO READ THE FEMALE OF THE SPECIES!!!!!!
The writing is fantastic and oh my, the feels. Holy moly, I felt. FELT. So freaking much. It was 4.5 stars for me. Maybe closer to 5. The three POVs actually added to the emotional intensity instead of taking away, at least to me they did. *sigh* Wasn’t I just saying recently I wanted this kind of book??
…I’m tellin’ y’all…Female of the Species is just the kind of “different” we crave from time to time. No cookie cutter storyline there. No bada$$ h who seems to gloat about what a bada$$ she is. Just a messed up girl trying to make it through each day and the two imperfect people who grow to care about her. And the writing…good lord, the writing. LOVED it.
- GRIP by Kennedy Ryan <— LIVE!!! ROCK STAR ALERT!!! She is his manager…”He’s on the verge of unimaginable fame, all his dreams poised to come true. I manage his career, but I can’t seem to manage my heart. It’s wild, reckless, disobedient. And it remembers all the things I want to forget...”
- Speed Dating (Preston’s Mill Book 2) by Noelle Adams & Samantha Chase <— LIVE!!! BEST FRIENDS & UNREQUITED LOVE ALERT! He’s secretly developing feelings… and she’s wondering why he’s acting so weird. LOL!!! “Isabella has known Jace all her life, and she’s been best friends with him since high school, when she used to date his best friend. Now she’s ready to settle down and get married, and she’s decided that her sister’s wedding in three months is her deadline. She’s going to find the man of her dreams in time to take him to the wedding. Now if only Jace would stop acting strange and territorial so he could help her.“
- The Memory Watcher – A Psychological Thriller <— PSYCH THRILLER SUPER-BARGAIN AND I LOVED IT!!! This is the one that I DEVOURED a few weeks ago, remember??!!! That one where, she’s secretly watching the daily lives of the family that adopted her daughter on the social media page… watching her daughter grow up. And then they close it. And she freaks out. (my review)
Jean: I want this one! I didn’t even read your review, just scrolled down to see you rating……That’s all I in need to know!
Maryse: Read it Jean!!! !!! Eeeeeeeep!
- LEATHER PANTS: A Romantic Comedy (The Happy Pants Cafe Series Book 2) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff <— LIVE!! ROCK STAR ALERT!! She’s a judge and he’s a rock star, and she wants to put him in his place! “…when rock-n-roll’s most famous bad boy, the legendary Colton Young, enters her court, looking hotter than sin and smugger than hell, she’s just itching to serve a little justice. But Sarah’s about to make the biggest mistake of her life. And her fate will land squarely in the hands of the world’s most notorious rock star rebel...”
- Something in the Way by Jessica Hawkins <— SUPER-BLURB JOLT ALERT!! This one is already at the top of my TBR list ’cause OMG it sounds angsty and tumultuous and forbidden in TWO different ways!!! “…even though I saw Manning first, that didn’t matter. My older sister saw him next...” and Marion and Susan both read it and loved it (5 stars!!!) OMG OMG I WANNA READ IT TONIGHT!!! (P.S. Book #2 is up for preorder: Somebody Else’s Sky (Something in the Way Book 2)
Marion: Ladies you HAVE to read Something in the Way by Jessica Hawkins……it’s book one of a trilogy but it will leave you reeling and wanting to find someone to discuss the ins and outs with. 5 star read!!!!!!!!
Susan: I just finished Something in the Way by Jessica Hawkins. I judge a book by whether or not I can put it down and I could not put it down. 5 stars for me. Now I have to wait until May for number 2.
- Feyness (The Red Order Book 1) by E.S. Carter <— DARK ROMANCE READ SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! Kat just found us this awesome-sounding one that’s super-bargain priced today! “He was once darkness. An evil so pure that his very soul is black and yet I am drawn to him like a moth to a flame. Some days, I feel like I am drowning, the waves of my feelings stealing the very air from my lungs. Other days, I feel nothing at all. I’m unsure which is worse; gasping for air or dying from this thirst…“
- Glacier Violet Blaze <— RECENT BIKER BOOK RELEASE and Laura one-clicked it and binge-read it!!
Laura: I one clicked Glacier by Violet Blaze on this list and was really surprised by how good the story was. I skipped making dinner and read the book in one binge sitting. The author wrote an interesting dark “hero”, Glacier, who is very different than the typical alpha males you normally see in MC romances. He definitely looked at life from a different perspective than his other MC members. Glacier reminded me a bit of Jack Hayden from Kati Wilde’s Hellfire Riders series. I liked how Violet Blaze had both the hero and heroine discuss their concerns about the large age difference them at different points in the story.
- Running Mate by Katie Ashley <— LIVE!!! KATIE ASHLEY’S LATEST & SHE’S BEING PAID TO BE HIS FIANCEE ALERT!! She’s offered the job of a lifetime when she needs it most… HIS fake fiancée…“My latest relationship had gone down in flames, and I was drowning in a sea of student loans when in true Godfather status, James Callahan made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. Seven figures for seven months on the campaign trail pretending to be the adoring fiancée of his son, Barrett. As soon as he won the election, our engagement would be dissolved amicably for the press….“
- Taking Mine: (Breaking Habits Series, Book 1) by Rachel Schneider <— SHE’S STRUGGLING TO MAKE ENDS MEET… “…When her scholarship is revoked, she resorts to desperate measures to pay for tuition, trying to keep her life on track—the same measures she promised herself she’d never take again—and fears the consequences. Things only get more complicated when a deal is offered that is almost too good to be true…” and Tasha loved it!
Tasha: I’m actually almost finished now. I’m at the climax *rubs hands, smiling manically.* This book hadn’t even been on my radar. I found it randomly and thought the premise sounded good. I figured it would be ok, hopefully good. But I’m actually really loving it! It was exactly what I needed. It’s NA, and it gives me the same feeling as a lot of my old favorites did. It’s like a mashup of a bunch I can’t put my finger on, but also had me thinking a little of Fast and the Furious. There’s no racing though, just sort of those feelings. Pleasantly surprised!
Tasha: Finished! I would totally recommend if you’re in the mood for a good NA with great characters, a good storyline and some action. I love finding little gems, I can’t believe there are so few ratings, but from what I’ve seen they’re all good! It says it was published in 2015.
- Dear Agony: A Novel by Georgia Cates <— LIVE!!! THE LATEST BY GEORGIA CATES (TEARJERKER ALERT??) Sounds so good! They have a platonic relationship (contractual?) and she’s falling for him, but he’s planning his own demise. Eeeeeeeep!! “I traded homelessness on the streets of New Orleans for a luxurious bed covered by the finest linens. I traded dumpster diving for dinner in the finest restaurants. I traded myself to a stranger—Bastien Pascal.I have a good life within my platonic and mutually beneficial companionship with Bash. He’s my friend. My mentor. My roommate. Until everything changes...”
- Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland <— JOHN GREEN/RAINBOW ROWELL FEEL ALERT!! Tasha also recommends this one!
Tasha: Our Chemical Hearts really gives u that feel of John Green/Rainbow Rowell.
- Grappling for Position (Against the Cage Book 4) by Melynda Price <— MMA FIGHTER IS HER BROTHER’S BEST FRIEND ALERT! “Willow has loved Regan since she was in pigtails and braces. She’s all but given up hope of her brother’s friend returning her affection, but she never stopped praying he would see her as more than Kyle’s annoying little sister. If Willow has her way, that’s about to change. Regan must decide if he’s willing to lose his best friend and the Welterweight title for a woman he doesn’t deserve but cannot live without...” IT CAN be read as a standalone!!
- Dangerous Royals Series by Annika Martin <— DARK MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT!! Raj recommends them!
Raj: The Dangerous Royals by Annika Martin are absolutely brilliant mafia books.
- Blink: A psychological thriller with a killer twist you’ll never forget by K.L. Slater <— PSYCH THRILLER & HER LITTLE GIRL IS KIDNAPPED... back on the list ’cause it’s still super-bargain priced, at the top of my own TBR list (yep, I one-clicked it!!) and now Tanya read it and loved it, too!
Tanya: Blink is fantastic I recommend it…
Jean: By the way guys, I also loved Blink by K.L. Slater…..could not put it down! Had to remind myself to “blink” in the last 30% because I couldn’t take my eyes off the page! Lol
- After Me by Deborah Coonts <— PSYCH THRILLER ALERT! SHE’S A COP WITH EARLY ONSET ALZHEIMER’S IN THE WITNESS PROTECTION PROGRAM, but now… “Her cover blown, Kate runs, the clock is ticking. People close to her are being killed. Shadowy memories tease her. Some she recognizes. Others don’t seem familiar at all. Running from people she can’t remember, dogged by a past lost in the haze, Kate discovers no one is who they appear to be, perhaps not even herself…” and Tanya recommends this one, too! I think we’ve just found a fellow psych-thriller lover. A reader after my own heart!!
“…my current read After Me by Deb Coonts… A great thriller, the characters are amazing, it’s very good!
- Wait (Bleeding Stars Book 4) by A.L. Jackson <— ROCK STAR SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! “…He broke my heart and I refused to give him the chance to do it again. It’s been years since I’ve seen him, and now I can’t do anything but stare at the gorgeous, tattooed man playing onstage. I should run. I know I should. But like a fool, I run straight back to him…” It can be read as a standalone and Theresa 5-star loved it!! (P.S. Book #1 A Stone in the Sea (Bleeding Stars Book 1) is free today)
Theresa: I just read “Wait” and 5 starred it…absolute perfection…beautifully written and a powerful story of forgiveness, hope, and love…highly recommend! Enjoy!
- From Sand and Ash by Amy Harmon <— AMY HARMON’S LATEST EPIC LOVE STORY ALERT!!!!!! Nancy and Anna just found out it’s on super-sale today!!
Nancy: Wow!! From Sand and Ash by Amy Harmon (One on my favorites of 2016)… Epic Story!!
Anna: Price Drop Alert From Sand and Ash by Amy Harmon… This was on R’s top reads of 2016 list.
R: Amy Harmon finally got the mushy love letter I wrote her after From Sand and Ash
- AUDIOBOOK LVERS ➜ For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle ebooks are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. !!! VERY COOL!
- Imposter: A Blockbuster Suspense Thriller by K. Larsen <— AUDIOBOOK GIVEAWAY!!! I enjoyed this creepy thriller, and it kept me guessing big time (here’s my review), and now it’s an audiobook! And guess what? I have one “Audible” promotional code to giveaway to one lucky winner to get the audiobook version for free!
How to enter for a chance to win it? Just leave a comment below (and/or better yet, tell me your MOST favorite audiobook so far) and by 10pm EST, Sunday March 5th 2017, I will randomly select one lucky commenter as the winner. Also, while not necessary to enter, it would be awesome if you’d share this giveaway on Twitter or Instagram, or Facebook. The winner will be contacted and will have 48hrs to respond to my email, so if you are picked, do not delay or you will lose your chance. Once the winner is confirmed, I will send you the code and instructions. Giveaway open to anyone that has access to Audible.
PREORDERS (next few days, and next week’s!!! )
- What I Need: Alabama Summer Series by J. Daniels - March 5th 2017
- Checkmate: This is Reckless: A Checkmate Duet Series by Kennedy Fox - March 6th 2017
- Dirty Doctor: A Novella by Whitney G. - March 7th 2017
- Tainted Kiss (Tainted Knights Book 1) by Terri Anne Browning - March 7th 2017
- The Deep End (The Honey Series) by Kristen Ashley – March 7th 2017
- Riot: A Scarred Souls Novel by Tillie Cole - March 7th 2017
- The Wingman by Natasha Anders - March 7th 2017
- American Prince (American Queen Book 2) by Sierra Simone - March 7th 2017
- Souljacker: A Lily Bound Novel by Yasmine Galenorn - March 7th 2017
- Every Little Thing (Hart’s Boardwalk) by Samantha Young - March 7th 2017
- Etched in Bone (A Novel of the Others) by Anne Bishop - March 7th 2017
- Brighter Than the Sun (A KGI Novel) by Maya Banks - March 7th 2017
- How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced) by Kerrelyn Sparks - March 7th 2017
- Tainted Kiss (Tainted Knights Book 1) by Terri Anne Browning - March 7th 2017
- Catching Carly (Barley Cross Book 2) by Emma Hart - March 7th 2017
- Silence Fallen (A Mercy Thompson Novel) by Patricia Briggs – March 7th 2017
- Ashwin (Gideon’s Riders, Book #1) by Kit Rocha - March 7th 2017
- Dangerous Games: A Novel by Danielle Steel - March 7th 2017
- Firestorm: A Dragon Romance (Dark Kings) by Donna Grant - March 7th 2017
- Irresistible In Love (The Maverick Billionaires, Book 4) Bella Andre & Jennifer Skully - March 8th 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).