SATURDAY MORNING BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! A few more releases and awesome-sounding book finds to get excited about (and I posted them below in their respective categories)!!
Plus that one I posted yesterday (Night Shifts Black <— that Eli recommended) is being devoured right now and everyone seems to be LOVING it!!!! I posted some of the comments below next to the book cover. I totally one-clicked that one!! Here are a few more:
Today is a special day, and the whole weekend is extra special, ’cause I’ve got one of my bestest book-buddies with me right now. Like… IN. MY. HOUSE!!! For the whole weekend! And we’ve been chatting books, and all sorts of new stuff that our book-friends are loving right now,
AND AND!!! Kandace will be featured in tomorrow’s “Reader Favorites” post. FINALLY. I’m going to get the Kandace-scoop. She confessed that she wanted to send me one, but she can’t decide on which ones, and I said… ALL OF ‘EM!!!!! Tell us ALL. OF. THEM! Am I right? I’m right.
So that’s what’s coming. But in the meantime…
bev: Amy, what’s Maryse reading?
Amy: *scratches head* Ummmmm, I’m not sure what she’s reading right now…last I remember (I’ll have to scroll up and take a look) Collared was spoiled for her, and there were others she was considering before that. She’s being sweet and saving her new Pepper Winters for this weekend so it’s closer to when it is released. Ohhhhhhh Maryyyyyyyyyyse…whatcha reading, huh?
Maryse: Er… you guys? Um.. Well… I am hanging with Kandace, and between two books. She Dims the Stars (which is good… fantastic writing, about an impromptu road trip between a trio of friends and a search for answers to an interesting backstory) but I’m in the mood for a crazy-scary romance thrill!! So… ummm… you guys. I dove into Pepper Winters Unseen Messages: a survival romance novel and so far it is EXACTLY what I want to read. BADLY. I’m only in the first 10% so I haven’t left anyone in the dust yet. Tee hee!!
P.S. I’ll link to the Kindle version as soon as the pre-order goes live (so far, only the paperback is posted)…
Amy: Girls weekend AND finding the perfect read? Now all you need are some Easter-themed cocktails for you two… Give me a little bit and I’ll find some for ya. PEEPS MARTINI!!!!!!!
Maryse: LOL!!!! I LOVE Peeps. And Martinis! You know me well, Amy. You know me well…
I’m still working on the list (I’m a little late today) but we have SO many awesome recommendations to choose from, and I’m adding ‘em as we speak.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
JUST WENT LIVE TODAY!!
- The Fire Between High & Lo by Brittany Cherry <— LIVE LIVE LIVE!!!!! WE LOVE THIS author and her latest book is now live! Sounds romantically angsty. YAY US!!
“We were broken together, yet somehow whole. We were wrong together, but always right. We were the stars that burned across the night sky, searching for a wish, praying for better tomorrows. Until the day I lost him. He threw us away with one hasty decision–a decision that changed us forever…”
- Switched–Brides of the Kindred 17: (Alien Scifi BBW Romance) by Evangeline Anderson <—- OH I’M INTRIGUED!!! This sounds like fun!!! And a bit crazy, too.
“A warrior with a talent that could get him killed
A girl transported to a new existence with no warning
When the two of them trade lives, it places them in mortal peril.
Not to mention really screwing up their love lives!”
- 1982: Maneater (Love in the 80s: A New Adult Mix Book 3) by Cambria Hebert <— SHE RULES THE ROOST, AND EVERYONE LOVES HER AND NOBODY DARES CHALLENGE HER… GAH!! I absolutely LOVE the concept of this series. Each novella length story is written by a different author and takes place in the 80′s, and THIS ONE sounds like it would be SO MUCH fun!!!
There hasn’t been a single guy Kelly hasn’t been able to chew up and spit out. Until now.Kelly has finally met her match. He’s been there all along, and he’s the exact opposite of everything you’d expect.
- Lie to Me by Gracen Miller <— DYSTOPIAN ALERT! “…the Xeno gene, which provides its bearers with immunity to disease. All adolescent girls are tested for the X-gene, and carriers are obligated to bear children for the good of the human race. The promise of salvation comes at a terrible price…
- Silver Lining (Silver Cove Book 1) by Jill Sanders <— “Sarah’s been reduced to being the girl with the crazy mom, a reputation that’s not likely to increase her chances of landing her dream promotion at the resort across the bay. Especially with the new competition. Ben is an attractive, sophisticated, and savvy businessman, clearly there to destroy her chances of getting the job. Her luck couldn’t be worse…”
- Finn Again by Lynda Meyers <— M/M ROMANCE and Nicole is so happy it’s out! “Finn Again Book 5 in the Finn Factor (M/M) series released yesterday by RG Alexander…She has had lots of family medical stuff going on and this was supposed to come out around Christmas…so needless to say people have been patiently waiting but super excited to finally get my hands on this one!!! “
- Fated: A Pyte/Sentinel Novel by R.L. Mathewson <— Just went LIVE!!
- Devoted: Satan’s Rebels MC Book 5 by Kira Johns <— Just went LIVE!!
FIVE-STAR READER RECOMMENDATIONS (and bargain finds!) (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- COLLARED by Nicole Williams <— KIDNAPPED GIRL FINALLY SAVED & IS LEARNING TO LIVE AGAIN and… BACK ON THE LIST ’cause it’s ROCKING WORLDS MY FRIENDS!!! Everyone appears to be loving it, and what a twist. That said… *sigh* I bumped right into a spoiler flat-out with no warning, and so… I dunno. Had I not read the spoiler, I know I would have gotten that same OMG jaw-dropping thrill, but for those of you that haven’t read this, it sounds like a SURE thing, just avoid reviews!!!
Cait: So finished collared last night and I loved it!! I couldn’t put it down! I actually thought the ending was appropriate and all things taking into account it would have been unrealistic to finish differently! What was missing was an epilogue 2/3 years down the line to just round it off!!
Amy: *blink* I just got to THAT part in Collared. *blink* Well, damn…I can honestly say I didn’t see that one coming. *shakes head*
Cristina: Those of you that think they’ve figured the twist to Collared, please don’t let it detour you from reading the book. Did it surprise me? Yes, but honestly, even if I knew ahead of time, I still would have read it, and I don’t think it would have taken away much of the story for me. The journey that Jade, Torrin, and her family partake in after such a horrific tragedy makes for a beautiful story and definitely worth your time.
- Night Shifts Black by Alyson Santos <— OH WOW THE BLURB FOR THIS YOU GUYS!!!!!! Oh I must read this!!! Eli loved it! “It is overwhelmingly beautiful. It touches your heart. LOVED IT! Must read!” And Kandace just showed it to me, on her own, without even seeing this post and I said OMG YES!!!! Let’s read it!!!! YES PLEASE!!!! Check out this blurb!! ”…All they know is that he comes into their café at the same time every morning and stares at the same chair at the same table. They know he’s strange. They know he interrupts their breakfast with a cold blast of air as he hovers in the doorway, mustering the courage to confront a piece of furniture. No one asks why. No one cares. He’s fine with that. He’s done with life. This isn’t even his story anymore. It’s actually Callie’s, the young writer who sat in his chair one day.“
Kelly: I stumbled across Night Shifts Black last night – hadn’t heard of it either – and am almost finished. It is SO good. Was planning on letting you guys know about it so it’s great that it’s starting to get some attention
Jeanie: I’m 86% into Night Shifts Black – that blurb totally sold me! And I’m finally at that part where the “chair” is explained. Eeeep the feels!
Kim: I read Night Shifts Black the day it released! It’s MUST reads. A straight forward look in to depression without kid gloves and a HELLUVA read. I stumbled on it before any reviews not really knowing anything other than a former musician was in it ~ that was my initial draw. Boy oh boy, I kept thinking about this hidden gem that way more people need to read!!!
- Beguiling (The Tempting Series Book 2) by Alex Lucian <— ANGIE IS LOSING HER MIND OVER THIS ONE! And it’s a STANDALONE!
ANGIE: “I have a recommendation. It’s for a book that I just can’t scream loud enough. I’m pretty obsessed with it. It’s so good. It’s light and sexy and the dialogue is funny! It has some angst. The writing is so freaking PHENOMENAL. It’s just a hot read. Intoxicating in EVERY single way. I love it. I’m crazy about it. Anyway… It’s Beguiling by Alex Lucian. It is the 2nd book of his, but it is a COMPLETE standalone read. You don’t have to read Tempting to read this. Although, Tempting is OUT OF THIS WORLD amazing. It’s student teacher and that is on sale as well.”
- Empathy by Ker Dukey <— DARK ROMANCE READ AUTHOR! Super bargain and Jean just discovered her! And Kandace said there was a twist with this one that she NEVER saw coming. YAY TWISTS!!!
Jean: Oh I just downloaded I SEE YOU, Ela because it was on sale. Haven’t read this author before.
Ela: Jean????????? Seriously???? If you like thriller/psycho/ you should read Empathy by Ker….BUT I really loved this series she did with DH Sidebottom Oh and there is romance in the books just a tad different
Jean: Um. Yeah, just checked and I have Empathy already….bought it back in June 2015…… Annnndddd I have FaCade, the first book in the Deception series! Ok, ok, I need to move these up on my list!
- This Is Love by Caroline Nolan <— SHE’S MOURNING THE LOSS OF HER FIANCE BUT IN HER DREAMS THEY CONTINUE LIVING THE LIFE THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO… Oooooh YES!!! Kandace just found us this one by “fluke” while one-clicking on Amazon, and it sounds AWE-SOME!!!!! Original even… It’s super bargain priced, has plenty of great reviews and just check out this blurb! “By way of dreams, Rachel and Ben continue to live the life they had planned together. It’s unconventional, it’s not even real, but it’s enough for Rachel. For the first time since Ben’s death, she’s happy…whole. That is until she runs into someone she barely knew from years ago and suddenly real life is just as great as her dream one.“
- Where Lightning Strikes (A Bleeding Stars Novel) by A.L. Jackson <— SHE’S A BARTENDER & HE’S A ROCK STAR and Jessica just lost her mind over this one and I can’t help but giggle and cheer with her!! Now I REALLY want to read it!!
“OMG OMG OMG *hopping foot to foot, hands flapping wildly* WHERE LIGHTNING STRIKES… well it struck alright… right between my darn ribs. Lyrik… oh beautiful, utterly messed up, I am going to throttle the absolute sh*t out of you Lyrik. Oh how I love you… u domineering, hurtful, sweet, stupid as#h*le… oh this book will give u whiplash… glorious, angsty, naughty *waggles eyebrows* whiplash… A.L Jackson got me good… the writing was amazing…the hero and heroine where so DEEP!!!! And the story… a perfect blend of pleasure and glorious soul searing pain.”
- The Darkest Part of the Forest by bev found us this one! “The Darkest Part of the Forest is on sale. It sounds good and has good reviews.” Oh it sounds like a dark fantasy (paranormal?) “In the woods is a glass coffin. It rests on the ground, and in it sleeps a boy with horns on his head and ears as pointed as knives…. Hazel and her brother, Ben, live in Fairfold, where humans and the Folk exist side by side. Tourists drive in to see the lush wonders of Faerie and, most wonderful of all, the horned boy. But visitors fail to see the danger.”
- Bound by Steel by Connie Lafortune <— KIDNAP ALERT!!! SHE HAS AN ACCIDENT & IS RESCUED & WAKES UP IN HIS CABIN BUT HE’S SCARY? “You see, I inadvertently revealed my true identity. Now, she can never leave. We will live in hell, until we take our last breaths, together.” And Catherine HIGHLY recommends it!
Catherine: ”I have just read an amazing book by connie lafortune called bound by steel it has everything you want in a book kidnapping,hot alpha male,mystery,angst,a twist that had me shouting out loud which I have only done a few times when reading just thought you need to add this to your tbr list because I know you will love it.”
- Knox: (A Sexy Bastard Novel) by Eve Jagger <— BEST FRIEND’S LITTLE SISTER and they’re trying to keep their secret.
- Shelter Us: A Novel by Laura Nicole Diamond <— OH BOY THIS ONE SOUNDS CRAZY & GOOD!!! She’s trying to hold her family together after the loss of their baby daughter and… “…one day walking in L.A., Sarah’s heart catches at the sight of a young homeless woman pushing a baby in a stroller—and saving them becomes her obsessive mission. An unlikely bond grows between Sarah and the young mother, Josie. When tragedy threatens Josie, Sarah discovers that she is capable of deceptions and transgressions she never imagined.“
And for AUDIOBOOK LVERS
- For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —>Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT AN AH-MAZING PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
Michelle: trying to find cheaper audiobooks since I go through about 2/week. I’ve been getting a lot from the library but running out of interesting titles. Just signed up for the audible daily deals so hoping to stock up
Fabi: Michelle the least expensive Audibles I find are the ones that have whispersync for the books I already have on my Kindle library. Since the tbr is so big, there’s always something there I haven’t gotten to read yet. Sometimes I picked up a free Kindle book and can add Audible to it for $1.99. I use that tool that Maryse posts above to help me find Audible versions of books I already own with. You just have to sample the narrator first to make sure it’s a good one.
Michelle: Fabi, I tried the tool Maryse has above. No clue why I never checked it out but it’s awesome!! Thank you Maryse and Fabi for pointing it out I have the free trial for Audible right now…
- Fated: A Pyte/Sentinel Novel by R.L. Mathewson – March 26th 2016
- Rushing the Goal (Assassins Series Book 8) by Toni Aleo - March 28th 2016
- Touch the Sky (Free Fall Book 1) by Christina Lee and Nyrae Dawn - March 28th 2016
- Dare Me by Rebecca Shea - March 28th 2016
- Stacked Up: Worth the Fight Series by Sidney Halston - March 29th 2016
- The Undoing (Call Of Crows Book 2) by Shelly Laurenston - March 29th 2016
- Darkness by Karen Robard - March 29th 2016
- Dragon Soul by Katie MacAlister - March 29th 2016
- Nobody But You (Cedar Ridge) by Jill Shalvis - March 29th 2016
- Scarred Souls: Raze and Reap: 1-2 by Tillie Cole - March 29th 2016
- So Much More by Kim Holden - March 29th 2016
- Sinful Love (Sinful Nights Book 4) by Lauren Blakely - March 29th 2016
- Hardball: (A Kinky Sexy Dirty Standalone) by C.D. Reiss - March 29th 2016
- Forever Lost: Becoming Elena – Book Two by Melody Anne - March 29th 2016
- Darkness by Karen Robards - March 29th 2016
- In Your Dreams (The Falling Series Book 4) by Ginger Scott – March 29th 2016
- Forever Pucked (The Pucked Series Book 4) by Helena Hunting – March 29th 2016
- This is Love, Baby (War & Peace Book 2) by K. Webster – March 29th 2016
- Forever Pucked (The Pucked Series Book 4) by Helena Hunting <— PRE-ORDER IS FINALLY UP! And it’s coming out in just a couple of days!!
- Unseen Messages: a survival romance novel by Pepper Winters – March 30th 2016 (this is only the paperback version so far, but I’ll link to KINDLE as soon as pre-order goes up properly)