➜ THERAPY Ever After by Kathryn Perez!!
Oh!! Look what’s live (and a few more… a smaller list today, but everything on it looks DARN good), and of course, the reader recommendations appear to be top-notch! Scroll down for our book-find goodies!
In fact… HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEK ALERT! Okay my BIGGEST recommendation of the day is going to be Me Before You: A Novel by Jojo Moyes. Yes… I know many of you know how HARD I recommend this book (my review), but now since the movie trailer has come out, this book has jumped right back up the charts (it’s #5 right now in ALL of Kindle books), so I’m realizing many fellow readers are just now jumping in. OMG you guys are in for EVERYTHING. One of the BEST BOOKS EVER!
Maryse: OH. EM. GEEEEEE!!!! I will be there with bells on!!! Wow it’s something when a trailer can make you cry… That Me Before You trailer made me cry. I MEAN CRY. Big sloppy tears falling on my feet! (I was sitting cross-legged)…
Amy: Well, now I’m crying and screwing up my freshly applied makeup. That’s what I get for watching the trailer right before I need to leave. Dammit. Gah, that book was SO beautiful!!!!
Cheryl: Ugh, crying just watching it;… I’m glad I watched it after I had my picture taken for my passport renewal. Would hate that pic to follow me for ten years!!
Grey: Am I the only one on the planet that hasn’t read Me Before You? …if I’m strong… maybe, I’ll read Me Before You. But I’m not sure me… or my tear ducts, or my Kleenex (read wine budget) can take it…
DG: *raising hand* Grey – I haven’t read it either….might need to read the blurb again….
Jean: … I still haven’t gotten up the guts to read the book! I definitely need to read it before the movie is released! Now, I have to avoid the trailer because I really have no idea what it’s about, but I know it hurts!
Maryse: Read the book first, Grey. The trailer will be SO MUCH MORE meaningful to you. PLEASE. READ. THE. BOOK. NOW. *someone hand Grey Manny again…*
Amy: Me Before You is NOT one of those that will have you crying from beginning to end. It’s beautiful with great dry humor and cringe-worthy moments (I love Louisa *snort*) and it’s touching and OMG soooooo worth any tears there might be. And after you have read it *then* go and watch the trailer. …I just watched the MBY trailer. Again. And cried. Again. READ IT LADIES!!! *sneaks off to watch trailer again*
Danielle: Omg it had me tearing up
Jennifer: *wipes tears. Watches again. And again*
Jeannie: Finally a movie I can’t wait to see! I think the movie is going to make me cry more than the book did.
Gabby: I just bawled my eyes out
Leeann: Ok, I thought I was the only one who cried while watching this. Glad you guys are all with me! Can’t wait to see it.
Dawnee: Yep. Made me cry…
Emma: Whaaa.. bawling like a baby. Can’t wait!
Judie: The trailer is killing me – I can’t imagine what the movie will do……oh man!!
Cindy: I didn’t think I would but I totally did – cried! Love this story and can’t wait for the movie!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
JUST RELEASED!!!! SURPRISE!!!
- Davina (Davy Harwood Series Book 3) by Tijan <— JUST WENT LIVE!! It’s her vampire series and sounds darn good (and book #1 in the series – Davy Harwood (The Immortal Prophecy Book 1) is super bargain priced right now).
- Snow In Texas (Lean Dogs Legacy Book 1) by Lauren Gilley <— LAUREN GILLEY ALERT YOU GUYS!! Nancy found it for us!! She says: “SNOW IN TEXAS by Lauren Gilley that had an early release. This is about Colin O’Donnell who is more importantly Mercy’s half brother. I’ve been in love with this series ever since Fearless.”
- Right To My Wrong (The Heroes of The Dixie Wardens MC Book 8) by Lani Lynn Vale <— HE’S A DECORATED NAVY SEAL & SHE’S AN EX-CON ALERT! “Ruthie has to try to come to terms with the fact that she’s in love with a biker who’s also a decorated Navy SEAL. One who leaves for months at a time with little to no advance warning, taking her heart with him each time he goes…“
- Distraction: An underground kings novel by Aurora Rose Reynolds <— “When Maggie wakes up naked in Sven’s bed, with no memory of the night before, these two must be honest about their feelings and face their fears, so they can build a future together…”"
- One Night In London by Sandi Lynn <— ONE NIGHT STAND ON HER LONDON TRIP ALERT! “…he was gone before I woke up. What happened in London should have stayed in London, but it didn’t. I was never supposed to see him again, but the universe had other plans”
- Subtle Reminders by D.J. Pierson <— LOVE OF EACH OTHER’S LIVES UNTIL… “Our future looked so promising. Until one night changed everything. Joey always protected me. There wasn’t anyone or anything more important to him than me. It used to be one of the many things I loved most about him. Who knew it would also be the reason I had no choice but to let him go?“
- Follow Me Into Darkness: Five Tales of Carnivale Romance by Santino Hassell, J.R. Gray, J.C. Lillis, Roan Parrish, Kris Ripper <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! and I know Fabi is a fan of Santino’s stories! Fabi: “I have loved every book by Santino Hassell I have read.”
- Protecting His Forever by LeAnn Ashers <— SHE HAS A STALKER ALERT BUT HER MAN’S “GOT THIS” or does he? ALERT! “She has a stalker, and he’s brought company. Sydney is MINE, and I will do whatever it takes to keep her safe. But, when we’re hit with a surprise, our lives are changed forever…“
- A Sudden Crush by Camilla Isley <— STRANDED ON A DESERTED ISLAND ALERT & IT SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN! She’s and editor, married to a famous author, and she’s on a plane headed to her trip and the passenger next to her is a big ol’ grump country boy! “So it’s just a misfortune they have to sit next to each other for a six hour plane ride. Even more so when their flight is caught in the perfect storm and Joanna wakes up stranded on a desert island with Connor, the very man she hoped she would never have to see again…“
- Be Mine (Second Chances Series Book 1) by JRA Stevens <— WIDOW PICKING UP THE PIECES BUMPS INTO A BILLIONAIRE ALERT! She resists and he persists and she falls for him… “However, something sinister from Luke’s past threatens the happiness they have struggled to find. If he concedes, he will become criminally liable and lose everything. If he refuses, he loses Gracie’s heart…
FIVE-STAR READER RECOMMENDATIONS (and bargain finds!) (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- The Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty <— Absolute 5-star HUGE author that we love (author of “The Husband’s Secret” that had me on the edge of my seat), and this one is bargain priced today!! Diane says: “I binge read every Liane Moriarity” and Marina too: “I too loved ALL Liane Moriarty books. They get under my skin because they parallel real life so much but that’s what makes them so good.”
- Davy Harwood (The Immortal Prophecy Book 1) by Tijan <— TIJAN ALERT! This one is bargain priced ’cause the latest one in the series was just released!!
- Real (The REAL series Book 1) by Katy Evans <— UNDERGROUND FIGHTER ALERT! And he’s ONE OF OUR #1 FAVORITE BAD-ASS BROODING FIGHTERS THAT HAD US MELTING!!!!! And it’s on super-sale today, ’cause the latest book in the series will be going live in just a few days!! BUT!!! We have some CLAIMY girls amongst our group. Jean says: “Ha, glad I reminded everyone of the awesomeness that is Remington Tate! But remember, HE’S MINE!!!!!” <— *snort* (P.S. here’s my review)
- The Ground Rules (Book 1) (The Rule Breakers Series) by Roya Carmen <— FORBIDDEN-Y TROUBLE-MAKER ALERT!! I also loved this angsty forbidden-y one!! It made my best of 2015 list, and here it is, super bargain priced, ’cause book #3 is coming out soon. YAY US!! (my review)
- My Soul To Keep (Soul Series Book 1) by Kennedy Ryan <— Theresa has one for us!!! “Hey Maryse! I just finished My Soul to Keep by Kennedy Ryan and it was really good! It is a rock star romance but has a very different feel from other rock star books I have read. There is a lot of emotional layering and a very slow build in the relationship, but that build is riddled with great banter, steamy moments ,angst (but not so over the top that you find yourself rolling your eyes), and a genuine friendship. The author’s character development is superb and her writing is beautiful and relatable. I really enjoyed the story from start to finish…looking forward to the sequel, Down to My Soul, which I believe is due out next month! Happy reading!”
- Resisting Her by Kendall Ryan <— RAISED IN A CULT/INNOCENT HEROINE ALERT! This one caught my attention a week or so ago, and Candice loved it, and she’s requesting recommendations for more LIKE this one. ”I read Resisting Her by Kendall Ryan and I got kinda hooked on that dynamic you know innocent heroine reluctant hero could you recommend some books for me please.“
- In the Shadows Box Set Books 1-3, Sebastian and Talia: A Billionaire SEAL Story by P.T. Michelle <— SUPER-SALE on this NYT best-selling series bundle!
- Black by TL Smith<— Casey just read this recent release and recommends it! “Recently read Black by TL Smith and thought you’d enjoy it!”
- Her Best Laid Plans by Cara McKenna <— CARA MCKENNA ALERT! Chris loves this one from one of our favorite authors!! “Best Laid Plans by Cara McKenna. I read it about a year or so ago and absolutely loved it (duh, Cara McKenna).”
- Fighting Solitude (On The Ropes Book 3) by Aly Martinez <— FIGHTER ALERT! This recent release is being touted as the best in the series!!! And since I love this author, I’m SO gonna read this! Theresa: “Ladies I just finished Fighting Solitude by Aly Martinez…put it at the top of your TBR lists…it was AMAZING!!! 5 star read for me! …From the very beginning it had me hooked. I have absolutely loved this entire series and I think each book progressively got better and better….this book had me laughing out loud and feeling so deeply for both Quarry and Liv! Absolutely beautiful ending to this series…put it to the top of your TBR! Thank you Aly Martinez for sharing the Page brothers with us all!” and Jean agrees! “I finished Fighting Solitude last night and loved it! Great series!” Christine, too! “I just finished reading this and it’s brilliant!!! I was an emotional wreck but it was fantastic!”
- Lock & Key by Cat Porter <— SUPER-BARGAIN BIKER ALERT!!! This is a favorite amongst the biker-book lovers in our crew!
- Missed Connection by K. Larsen <— THIS RECENT RELEASE is on bargain sale alert!! Second chance love story and Samantha LOVED it saying: “Finished Missed Connection! Ackkkk, my heart!!! Very ugly cry warning!!!”
- For those of you that missed it ➜ Maryse’s 2015 Top Ten Favorite Books List!! AND!! 2015 Reader Favorites (<— new ones added weekly!!)
- And for AUDIOBOOK LVERS
- For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —>Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT AN AH-MAZING PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
PRE-ORDERS (over the next few days!! )
- Legend (The REAL series Book 6) by Katy Evans - February 9th 2016
- Ink and Lies by S.L. Jennings <— February 9th 2015 (cool premise!!)
- Bait & Switch (Alphas Undone Book 1) by Kendall Ryan - February 9th 2016
- Morning Star: Book III of The Red Rising Trilogy by Pierce Brown – February 9th 2016
- Glass Sword (Red Queen) by Victoria Aveyard - February 9th 2016
- Searching for Mine: A Searching For Novella by Jennifer Probst - February 9th 2016
- ADORE (Spiral of Bliss #4) by Nina Lane - February 9th 2016
- The Consequence of Seduction by Rachel Van Dyken - February 9th 2016
- His Light in the Dark by L.A. Fiore - February 9th 2016
- Give Yourself Away by Barbara Elsborg - February 9th 2016
- Stark After Dark: Take Me, Have Me, Play My Game, Seduce Me by J. Kenner - February 9th 2016
- Beyond Love Lies Deceit: A Romantic Suspense by Melissa Toppen - February 9th 2016
- The Death of Lila Jane by Teresa Mummert - February 9th 2016
- To the Stars: A Thatch Novel (Thatch Series Book 2) by Molly McAdams - February 9th 2016
- How to Save a Life by Emma Scott - February 9th 2016
- Pole Position by Sofia Grey - February 9th 2016
- The Ground Rules: Undone (Book 3) (The Rule Breakers Series) by Roya Carmen <— FEB. 23rd!!