<— SURPRISE BETH FLYNN BIKERS PRE-ORDER that just went up and is coming out THIS month… and I know SO many here went crazy for the first two books (bikers, and kidnapping, and love triangle and OMG… just crazy, dark and gritty!!!!)
P.S. Today is the last day to enter to win a white Kindle Paperwhite loaded with ebook faves from Maryse’s Book Blog (<— that’s me!! ), Natasha is a Book Junkie, Vilma’s Book Blog, The Rock Stars of Romance, Angie & Jessica’s Dreamy Reads, and Shh Moms Reading! Good luck! ➜➜➜➜➜➜➜➜
Also this Friday is gearing us up for a great reading weekend, ’cause I just found us some goodies (and am adding more as we speak).
Look what we found! (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta <— bev found us this one super-bargain priced, and it’s a HUGE hit with so many readers!
bev: Jellicoe Road is 1.99. It is FANTASTIC!
Amy: It took me until about 40% of Jellicoe Road to be *completely* hooked. Don’t get me wrong, I was enjoying it up until that point (once I got a feel for the setting and the “what’s what”) but at 40% I was totally consumed by it and HAD to know what had happened. And when I found out…oh man. Heart. Ache.
Grace: Bev and Amy: Jellicoe Road! Beautiful. Just beautiful! I was crying about wanting more deep feels after finishing Bounty and you called it Bev. I was so completely wrong in what I thought the story was going to be about when I started reading it. I guess it was the way the book description goes right into the war games aspect so I was essentially imagining a dystopian type book in the back of my mind, but it’s so NOT that. It’s a beautiful, happy, sometimes very sad but hugely life affirming journey of personal growth and discovery made so much more challenging by loss and heartache and secrets she has no control over. The war games are comic relief. I loved it. I’m so glad I read it. It was worth waiting out all the questions hanging over everything in the beginning to get to where it ended. I wish there was a another book set later revisiting everyone!
Tasha: Bev, Amy, and whoever else recommended Jellicoe Road- I just finished it only minutes ago and had to come here first and rave and thank you!!! Such an amazing, amazing book! It had absolutely everything I love in a book, and I’m not ready to say good bye yet…It had humor, strong characters, fighting, romance, mystery, and heart. GAH, the feels! And honestly I wasn’t confused for very long at all and really got into it pretty early on, even though I was afraid of it before ever really getting into it, which is great. This one is for sure going on my list of all time favorites so again, Thank you!!
- Full Tilt by Emma Scott <— Marion loved this one as much as I did!!!
Marion: “Oh wow!!!I’m emotionally wrecked!!! Full Tilt by Emma Scott defiantly goes on the List of Ugly Cry books. I love it when authors can wring out such strong reactions from us. 5 stars!”
Maryse: HECK YES!!!! My latest favorite!!!!!!
Amy: Favorite read for June…I would have to double check what all I read, but first one that comes to mind is Full Tilt. Yeah, I know, I griped about the prologue but how could I give it less than 5 stars?? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_tu-IGnL10c Listen to it, read the lyrics while it plays, think of Full Tilt, and if you don’t lose your sh!t then I’ll make you crushed watermelon martinis this evening. Heck, I’ll make ‘em anyways. *snort*
Traci: Finished Full Tilt…definitely an ugly cry can’t stop thinking about it!!
Jean: I read Full Tilt last week and absolutely loved it, even with all the snotty tears!
- Willing Victim: Remastered by Cara McKenna <— CARA MCKENNA RISQUÉ AWESOMENESS ALERT!!!! This is one of my favorite daring/risque/forbidden read and I FELL HARD for it. This was YEARS ago, and I still think of it often and fondly and look for that spark (and that cringe-worthy OMG I CAN’T LOOK BUT I’M LOOKING fun!!!) The author just re-released this one, with a new cover and all! (my review)
- The Contract by Melanie Moreland <— BULLY ALERT! Amena recommends this one for bully-romance fans! “try The Contract by Melanie Moreland. I loved the bullying in it ” Oh yes, I’ve read something like this before and I LOVED it… so… consider me intrigued! “Katharine Elliott works under Richard as his PA. She despises him and his questionable ethics, but endures all the garbage he sends her way, because she needs the job. Her end goal is far more important than the daily abuse and demands she tolerates from her nasty tyrant of a boss. Until the day, he asks her for something she never expected…“
- Forget (Changing Colors Book 1) by N.A. Alcon <— BLINDSIDING ROCK STAR ALERT! Allison and Lisa LOVED the series and this one blindsided Grace BIG time!
Allison: I read a book a LOOOOONG time ago (OK a couple of months) that I absolutely LOVED but didn’t recommend because it ended on a HUGE cliffhanger. FINALLY the second book was just released this week and I read it in 2 days. The first one is Forget and the second one is Blur and both are written by NA Alcorn.
They tell the story of Brooke, a beautiful woman who grew up with her younger sister in a neglectful home (parents are drug addicts) until her grandmother gets custody of them. She adores her grandmother, who has recently died. She is going on a trip to Paris for one month that her grandmother arranged for her because when her grandmother was young, she fell in love in Paris.
there Brooke meets Dylan. Total HOTTIE and musician. He’s funny and kind and they both love music SO much. If you are a music fan you will LOVE this series, because music is integral to the story. Throughout her month in Paris Brooke drops hints at secrets that she is hiding. She even hides her occupation from Dylan (she’s a well known record producer). But as time goes on and she falls deeper in love with him . . . . it’s harder to keep everything under wraps.
When the first book ended . . . . I. Almost. Died.
Lisa: do I have a great rocker story for you… Just finished Forget and Blur from NA Alcorn and I have to say the H is right up there with Kellan from Thoughtless. Book 2 has very similar feels, messy triangle, angst, lots of awesome use of music and lyrics and heart shattering song dedications. Plus he whispers sweet and dirty in her ear in French. And his manwhore brother could rival Griffin. Book one is a CH but no issue because the story finishes with book 2. Amazeballs.
Grace: It’s N.A. Alcorn’s – Forget. I thought it was an amusing Rock and Roll story, but I got blindsided! I’m all snuggled in bed right now and I need to make a decision about the second book like RIGHT NOW! OMG! What if Lisa doesn’t check in here! I need to know that I’m not going to end up wanting to go postal because there were scary hints of not good story direction possibilities! This book was NOT supposed to mess with my head!
Jean: Forget and Blur!!!!!! OMG, I devoured them this week! LOVED! (Especially the second book)! Totally gave me the “Thoughtless feels”…..not the same type of storyline, but definitely the feels! Thanks Grace and Lisa!
- The Ones That Got Away: A Collection of Lost Fish Tales (The Fish Tales Book 4) by Suanne Laqueur <— JUST WENT LIVE!! The author gives us an inside look into this series that so many of us loved like crazy! Deleted scenes, “the beginnings” of the story and when she first started writing it… all sorts of goodies for us “Fish” fans.
R. Renee: Oh god…more Fish Tales. You were so right when you said “big.” How has everyone not read this yet?? I’m on book 2 and having to do actual chores instead of read this weekend is killing me!!
- The Girl Who Stayed by Tanya Anne Crosby <— HER FATHER WAS CRUEL, HER MOTHER CLOSED OFF & HER SISTER DISAPPEARED. NOW EVERYONE IS GONE & SHE HAS TO SELL THE HOUSE... “…now that her parents are gone, Zoe needs to return to the house, to close it down and prepare it for sale. She intends to get this done as quickly as possible and get on with her life, even though that life seems clouded by her past, both distant and recent. But what she discovers when she gets there is far beyond her imagining and will change her in profound ways…” bargain priced!
- Runaway Vampire: An Argeneau Novel (Argeneau Vampire) by Lynsay Sands <— LYNSAY SANDS NAKED VAMPIRE CLAIMS HER AS HIS MATE ALERT! Back in my strictly paranormal romance days, I DEVOURED this series and loved every one of ‘em. This one’s on super-sale! “The naked, injured, insanely gorgeous younger man who clambered into her RV insists they belong together. If Mary wasn’t feeling their incredible connection in every inch of her being, she wouldn’t believe it…“
- Full-Time Father by Susan Mallery <— RECLUSIVE MILLIONAIRE FINDS OUT HE’S A FATHER ALERT! “After Erin Ridgway’s sister dies in childbirth, Erin promises herself she’ll do everything she can for her sister’s baby, and that includes finding the baby’s father. When she finally meets the reclusive Parker, she wants to give him the chance to know his daughter, but what could a lonely millionaire know about raising a little girl?“
- The Beast And Me by D. S. Wrights <— OH MY!!! DARK READ ALERT!! This one gave me a blurb-jolt indeed!!!!! (and bargain priced, today)!
“Meg was abducted. For four days she had nothing to keep herself sane, until she promised to be obedient. In return, she received a diary, not knowing which terrors she would be writing down soon. Because Meg has been taken to this unknown place for one purpose only: to support her abductors in ‘socializing’ one of their subjects.
Ten, as they call him, seems to be far more than a primitive beast, fighting battles of his very own. Meg soon realizes that she is the only one able to tame him…”
- Knox: (A Sexy Bastard Novel) by Eve Jagger <— BEST FRIEND’S LITTLE SISTER ALERT! “We swore we’d stay away from each other. Our secret could destroy everything…” bargain priced!!
- Grinder (Seattle Sharks Book 1) by Samantha Whiskey <— HOCKEY PLAYER & SHE’S HIS NANNY ALERT! This one is bargain priced too! “We’ve been friends since we were kids, and I love his daughter like she’s my own, so what’s the easiest solution to help Gage out? Move in and be his live-in nanny for the season. As far as she goes, the arrangement is perfect. But her drop-dead-sexy father? Frustrating on every possible level…”
- His Fantasy Girl (Things To Do Before You Die) by Nina Croft <— OH YES!!! I LOVE HOW THIS BLURB ENDS!!! “Logan might still be the sexiest man Abigail has ever seen, but a dirty-talking, tattooed, ex-con is the last thing she needs in her perfect life. He claims she’s his fantasy girl, but what he doesn’t know is she’s also the mother of his ten-year old daughter…” <— OOMPH!!!! And bargain priced!
- Loving You Is Easy by Wendy S. Marcus <— TATTOOED MILITARY HERO & HIS POLITICIAN’S DAUGHTER PENPAL… (super bargain priced!!) “When corresponding with sweet, classy Brooke, Shane Develen instinctively hides his commando tattoos and blue-collar roots–and he can tell that she’s hiding something, too. But Shane knows he’s gained her trust when Brooke gives him a blisteringly sexy photo. Then he’s injured in an ambush and a fellow soldier posts the snapshot online. Overnight, Brooke’s reputation turns to ashes…“
- Tight by Alessandra Torre <— ALESSANDRA TORRE ROMANCE PSYCH-THRILLER AWESOMENESS ALERT! Grey just discovered one of my ABSOLUTE FAVORITES!!!
Grey: Guess what… another 5 star read for me! Tight by Alessandra Torre… oh man! I know, I know, most of you read it last year and I didn’t. It was on my spreadsheet. Yes. I said spreadsheet. I’m a nerd like that. But girls, seriously. So. Freaking. Amazeballs. If you haven’t read it. READ IT!!! I’ve had 3, count them THREE, 5 star reads this week! Alessandra Torre writes some seriously hot smut too… #justsayin… *it’sFriday*
R. Renee: I loved Tight!! That’s awesome Grey!
Jean: I loved Tight too Grey! You need to listen to us!
Maryse: I’m adding it Grey ’cause it was one of my FAVS too!!! (my 5-star review)
- Silent Run (Sanders Brothers #1) by Barbara Freethy <— SHE WAKES UP WITH AMNESIA AND ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ALERT! “A woman wakes in a hospital bed with no idea of who she is. Her memory is gone, her baby missing. All she has is the gripping certainty that she is in mortal danger. Then a handsome, angry stranger barges in and makes a terrible accusation. He was her lover–and her child’s father–until she disappeared seven months ago.” (bargain priced today!!)
- Our Song by Dani Atkins <— Kristi found us this one (but I think it’s UK and Australia only?) *sigh* BUT!! We CAN get it used on Amazon U.S. in paperback format ➜ (Our Song)…
Kristi: Has anyone read “Our Song” by Dani Atkins? Just wow! So many tears! Brilliant. 5 stars from me
Maryse: OMG Kristie it sounds AWESOME!!!!!!! But I can’t find it on Kindle. Maybe it’s only available overseas right now? GAH!!! I WANT IT!
Kristie: Oh no!!!! I have it on paperback. You really have to try to find it, it’s right up your alley!
- Strong Signal (Cyberlove Book 1) by Megan Erickson & Santino Hassell <— M/M ROMANCE and Fabi went CRAZY for this one (so many of us here LOVE these authors), and book #2 is coming out in just a few days!! (I posted it below).
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- Fast Connection (Cyberlove Book 2) by Megan Erickson & Santino Hassell <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT! And Fabi is losing it! “I’ve been biting my tongue so I don’t squee every few minutes, but it’s getting so close. Fast Connection (Cyberlove Book 2) – July 11th squeeeeeeeeeeee“
- Wild Ride (Wind Dragons Motorcycle Club) by Chantal Fernando – July 11th 2016
- Trophy Wife by Noelle Adams – July 12th 2016
- Searching for Harmony (Boston Love) by Kelly Elliott – July 12th 2016
- Hottest Mess: A Dirtiest Novel (Stark) by J. Kenner – July 12th 2016
- Cream of the Crop (The Hudson Valley Series Book 2) by Alice Clayton – July 12th 2016
- The Staff and the Blade: Irin Chronicles Book Four by Elizabeth Hunter - July 12th 2016
- His to Protect: A Fireside Novel by Stacey Lynn - July 12th 2016
- Edge of Glory (Friendship, Texas Book 1) by Magan Vernon - July 12th 2016
- KNOT: A Wake Family Novel by M Mabie - July 12th 2016
- Rock Wedding (Rock Kiss Book 4) by Nalini Singh - July 19th 2016 <— Jan is squeeing! “Ooh. Rockstar book squee!! Nalini Singh’s Rock Wedding is up for preorder at last. Final book in her Rock Kiss series. Abe’s story. Comes out Jul 19. Click!”
- A Gift of Time (The Nine Minutes Trilogy Book 3) by Beth Flynn – July 19th 2016 <— OMG. Look what’s up for preorder and coming out THIS month!!! It can be read as a standalone, but you really would benefit from reading the first two books. These characters are integral in the entire series. Here’s the Nine Minutes Trilogy Reading Order.
Lisa: Thank you for posting this as I didn’t know about book 3. Nine Minutes is one of my favorite series. (And I was lucky enough to meet the author last year and have signed copies of book 1 & 2.) Cannot wait to continue this story.