Friday Finds & Reader Recommendations

by Maryse on July 22, 2016 · 92 comments

in eBook Deals

YAY ME!!! I’ve just received my Amazon Echo from the Prime Day sales and OMG I am in love with it. My sister and mom got it for me for my birthday (thank you guys!!!) and she and I can’t stop marveling over how cool this thing is.

I’ll tell you more, soon, ’cause we’re still in test-mode right now, but some of my fellow Echo users and I have been giggling over a few things we’ve discovered about Alexa (she’s “the lady” in the Echo that we can tell what to do – and we’ve already had a bit of ‘tude from her. Tee hee!!). I’ll tell y’all about that story shortly. That’s okay, we’re still in the “training” period. It’s fun!

Maryse: Eeeep!!!! My Echo is here, from Prime Day! *happy wiggle*

R. Renee: I got one too!!! But I have to wait until my birthday :(

Maryse: I’m going to set mine up tonight. :D …I bet you can’t wait for your birthday.

R. Renee: oh the power you wield lol. Just told the fam YOU got YOUR Echo and guess what I just got?? Happy early birthday to me!!

Maryse: It’s my magical vampire powers, R! ;) I KNEW they were still working. *snort* My sister & I are having a blast with it. R. Renee – I forgot to tell you it was my early birthday gift, too!!

R. Renee: OMG!!! guess what you can do?? “Alexa, read Full Tilt.” SQUEE!!! LOL I just thought it played music… let me know if you learn anything crazy. I stopped trying when I learned she could read!

OMG RENEE!!! I am having “Alexa” read “The Promise of Stardust: A Novel” and she has personality to her voice!!!! She’s reading to me almost perfectly like a human reads a book. She even pauses properly and responds to punctuation perfectly! OMG she even swears!! I. AM. FLABBERGASTED!!!!

P.S. I already feel like crying over that one… wow, even read by a robot, it is so intense that it can make me choke up. Technology is so cool.

Oh yes my friends… more to come. I’m gonna set up playlists and all sorts of fancy stuff, AND I’m gonna have her read to me, too. So while I play with it, I’ll also be reading (and maybe choosing one from the list below. I’m thinking “Anything But Minor” might do the trick, for me. :D

Look what we found! (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):

• Hustle: A Skin in the Game Standalone Sports Romance by Christine Bell <— LIVE COLLEGE FOOTBALL ROMANCE ALERT! He wants to be in the NFL and he’s falling for his teacher’s assistant… “Straight off a bloody tour in Iraq, I’m battling night terrors while my peers squabble over beer pong. If it wasn’t for my NFL dreams, I wouldn’t be here at all. But when I sign up for an easy “A” Drama class, I take my eye off the ball, totally distracted by Teacher’s Assistant, Flora Vasquez…
  • Puck Buddies by Tara Brown <— LIVE!!! HOCKEY STAR ALERT! “Matt Brimley is a sports god. Hockey fans adore him. Girls everywhere want to worship at his skates. He’s living the dream. If the dream involved everyone expecting you to be nothing but a jock. These two rich kids could be the perfect couple. If he didn’t think she was a spoiled princess, and she didn’t think he was a dumb puck, they might be…”
  • Twirled Bond (Holly Woods Files, #5) by Emma Hart <— LIVE!! MAFIA FAMILY ALERT! “Darcey Connors will do anything to get her baby brother away from the criminals in her family – even screw up a good man’s life. Yet in the midst of tailing Joe, she somehow falls hard for the sexy tattooed car thief…”
  • Spin (Boosted Hearts Book 2) by Sherilee Gray <— LIVE!!! MAFIA FAMILY ALERT! ”Darcey Connors will do anything to get her baby brother away from the criminals in her family – even screw up a good man’s life. Yet in the midst of tailing Joe, she somehow falls hard for the sexy tattooed car thief…”
  • The Highwayman (Victorian Rebels) by Kerrigan Byrne <— HISTORICAL THAT REMINDS US OF GREY… K recommends it!
K: “The Highwayman by Kerrigan Byrne. It’s a historical but the H reminded me a bit of Christian Grey, eg. Emotionally scarred, doesn’t like to be touched.”
  • Butterfly Tattoo: Ultimate Edition by <— LIVE!!! RE-RELEASE OF ONE OF MY OLD FAVS!!! He has been in love with his partner for years (M/M), but after his partner dies, he begins falling for some else… a woman. SO FREAKING GOOD! P.S> Fabi you might enjoy this one for sure!! :D (here’s 4.5 star my review)
  • The Pepper Jones Collection by Ali Dean <— FREEBIE! Anna found us this one! “The Pepper Jones collection by Ali Dean is currently free on Amazon. I haven’t read it but it’s on the what to read after Paper Princess list. The collection is books 1-3 there are two more books not in the collection.
  • Captured: Devil’s Blaze MC Book 1 by Jordan Marie <— BIKER SERIES BARGAIN-SALE ALERT!! Lauren found out this series is on sale and she recommends it!
Lauren: ALL of Jordan Marie’s books are on sale… Absolutely, positively the most AMAZING MC series I’ve read, Captured: Devil’s Blaze MC Book 1, Burned: Devil’s Blaze MC Book 2, & Released: Devil’s Blaze MC Book 3. If you haven’t read this series, READ IT!!!
  • Slip of the Tongue by Jessica Hawkins <— MARITAL DISCORD & TEMPTATION ALERT! The author lets us know ”Slip of the Tongue will be a Daily Deal on Amazon…” (and I liked this one!! Here’s my review)
  • American Bad Boy: A Military Romance by Eddie Cleveland <— Nancy found us this one! “Just saw that AMERICAN BAD BOY: A Military Romance was reduced…. It is by Eddie Cleveland and a newer release.”
  • Pennies (Dollar Book 1) by Pepper Winters <— DARK READ ALERT! Grey just finished this recent release!
Grey: “Pennies was good. 4.25 stars. A cliffy, which I knew going into it. Elder Prest… he seems bad, but he doesn’t seem as awful as some of our favorite baddies, not yet anyway?!?! IDK, I’m sure there are worse things to come from him in future books. It was a dark read, some twisted -ish going on, but not as spelled out as some of her other work. Definitely intrigued as to where she’s going with the series.”
  • Eminent Love by Leddy Harper <— TEARJERKER ALERT! Grey gave THIS recent release 5 stars!

“Alright girls, I’m throwing a 5 star rec into the mix. Some of you may remember a couple weeks ago I had a string of really good reads, thanks to my spreadsheet…and 1 ARC that I was reviewing. Well, today is that ARC’s book birthday!**Eminent Love by Leddy Harper.** I actually wrote a review… like a real review to post instead of just rating it on Goodreads, like I do with almost all other books I read. But I wanted to show it some love on the blog and encourage you all to give it a try. A warning that this is an emotional read…remember me with the whole swapping of the Godiva wrappers for tissues and all that, but it was so worth it!”

“Unexpected Reality was a good read…had a little twist toward the end but not an extreme angst at all…beyond my initial confusion of my own feelings….”
  • Royal Seduction (The Royal Princes of Ruthenia Book 1) by Jennifer Blake <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE (and per the lower ratings, it appears there’s some serious Stockholm Syndrome & other horrible situations, that made some hate it) but plenty loved it, and Young HIGHLY recommends this one!

“Just finished a book and couldn’t wait to tell you guys how much I enjoyed it!! It is a historical romance ‘Royal Seduction’ by Jennifer Blake. It is a fairly long book (over 550 pages) but I wasn’t bored not even a bit through out the whole book. Anyone who likes a historical romance, please try it”

• Brooklyn & Beale by Olivia Evans <— ROCK STAR SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT! Kat found it, and my friend Kandace loved it, and Cheryl had it in her best of 2015 list!! “Indie rocker Reid Ryder needs a replacement violinist for his tour. For Chloe, it’s the opportunity of a lifetime. For Reid, it’s a checkmark off his list. Already battling addiction, guilt, and his inability to write new music, Reid’s hopeful that things are finally falling into place. But life is never predictable…”
  • Lock & Key by Cat Porter <— Lisa is going CRAZY for this one!

Lisa: “Maryse and co…i just read Lock & Key and the followup Random & Rare by Cat Porter. I know they’re oldies and perhaps everyone else has already read them BUT if you haven’t PLEASE PLEASE read these books. I am wrecked, wrung out and emotionally drained. Dig’s story (told from the grave) in Random & Rare has ruined me.

Eleventy billion stars for me and some of the best biker books Ive read… Dig will break your heart even more than Havoc (Susan Fanetti). *shuddery sigh*”

• Anything but Minor by Kate Stewart <— HILARIOUS SPORTS ROMANCE ALERT! This recent release is back on the list ’cause Shunda recommends it (and I think I need to read it, because I could use a hilarious read).
Shunda: “Try “Anything but minor” by Kate Stewart. I laughed so hard I spit water all over my hubby and I may have peed a little.”

For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>

• AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!

PREORDERS (next week’s!!! :D )

“One by Jewel E. Ann comes out July 28!!! It is a standalone which involves a couple secondary characters from the Jack and Jill series. It’s recommended to read the Jack and Jill series (End of Day, Middle of Knight and Dawn of Forever) first because One has some spoilers. So here goes… Maryse you MUST read the Jack and Jill Series!!!!!! It’s so good!!!!”

➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)

Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).

K July 22, 2016 at 12:09 PM

Rec- The Highwayman by Kerrigan Byrne. It’s a historical but the H reminded me a bit of Christian Grey, eg. Emotionally scarred, doesn’t like to be touched.

Fabi July 22, 2016 at 12:22 PM

Hustle sounds good to me. :-)

Maryse July 22, 2016 at 12:26 PM

Wonderful, K!!! I’m adding it. :D

Maryse July 22, 2016 at 12:27 PM

LOL heck YES Fabi… that’s why he’s first. *snort*

Also check out The Butterfly Tattoo… I think you might enjoy that one. :D

Fabi July 22, 2016 at 12:35 PM

That title reminds me of the The Butterfly Garden *shudder*

Maryse July 22, 2016 at 12:37 PM

Nope… not at all. It’s kind of M/M but… more. You’ll see. I must insist on that one.

Fabi July 22, 2016 at 12:38 PM

Already added it to tbr. ;-) Thanks!

Jeanie V. July 22, 2016 at 12:59 PM

Omgeeee! The Promise of Stardust – I read this back in June and it still gives me goosebumps thinking about EVERYTHING that happened. It’s a heartbreaking & tragic story but I loved it because of all the feels and all the conflict.

Linda July 22, 2016 at 2:10 PM

So many from this list already on my tbr list!!! Just finished Bossman!!! Sooooo incredibly great read. Don’t want to say more but Chase and Reese = great chemistry. LoVeD it.

Amy July 22, 2016 at 2:21 PM

Maryse…you’re listening to The Promise of Stardust?!? I absolutely loved that one! I’d say 4.5 stars…maybe even 5. Yeah, I’ll say five since if I had any complaints I can’t remember them, and the storyline was such a unique one, for me at least. Crazy emotional, even in his POV.

So far so good with Everything We Keep…

Tessa July 22, 2016 at 2:52 PM

Thanks for the heads up about the Hollows book. I loved that series so much that, when it ended, I was sincerely sad for a day or so.

Mary July 22, 2016 at 5:10 PM

Thanks Maryse! Just one clicked Bossman by Vi Keeland, Captured: Devil’s Blaze MC Book 1 by Jordan Marie, Brooklyn & Beale and Lock & Key. My wallet is officially empty but I’m super excited to get started on all these awesome books. Also just one clicked Sparrow by LJ Shen which is currently free!

Danette July 22, 2016 at 6:54 PM

Can’t recommend Lock & Key and Random and Rare enough. Truly two of my most favorite books EVER. Dig may be my most favorite Book Boyfriend of all time. Dare I say, I may love him even more than Travis (??). The epilogue in R & R is nothing short of poetry. Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Tessa July 22, 2016 at 7:36 PM

Has anyone read The Eldritch Files Series by Phaedra Weldon? The first three books are only 99 cents and it’s tempting me.

Tessa July 22, 2016 at 8:31 PM

Alright, I was looking at the cover of Stroked and one question. Why does the guy on the cover have facial hair?

marina July 22, 2016 at 8:31 PM

Thanks Maryse! One by Jewel E. Ann comes out July 28!!! It is a standalone which involves a couple secondary characters from the Jack and Jill series. It’s recommended to read the Jack and Jill series (End of Day, Middle of Knight and Dawn of Forever) first because One has some spoilers. So here goes… Maryse you MUST read the Jack and Jill Series!!!!!! It’s so good!!!!

Linda July 22, 2016 at 8:53 PM

Agreed Marina!!! Jack and Jill series and anything else written by Jewel E. Ann is the best!!!! Automatic. Go. To. Read. For. Me!!!! Cannot wait for One!!!

Jan July 22, 2016 at 10:58 PM

LOL Tessa. What’s wrong with it? I like a cute ‘tache.

Jan July 22, 2016 at 11:01 PM

End of Day is free on amazon/au today. I one-clicked. Nuthin’ to lose :-)

Lisa July 22, 2016 at 11:40 PM

Danette! I know what you mean….I adored Dig. In Lock & Key he came across cocky and full of bravado but being in his head in thw second book just broke my heart!! Head over heels in love with him. I could barely read the epilogue for the welling tears.

Lisa July 23, 2016 at 4:21 AM

Happy Birthday Mayse. xx

Maryse July 23, 2016 at 8:53 AM

Lisa and Danette… looks like I purchased that one a long time ago and still haven’t read it.

After my sad book, I’m jumping right in. Thank you guys for reminding me!!! :D

Maryse July 23, 2016 at 8:54 AM

Thank you Lisa!! :D

It’s in August… but I love happy birthdays. LOL!

Maryse July 23, 2016 at 8:55 AM

Oh YAY Marina!! Okay I’m posting it!!! Thank you (and I one-clicked #1 so it too, is floating at the top of my TBR)

Tessa July 23, 2016 at 12:00 PM

Jan, there’s nothing wrong with it, but even a small amount of hair causes drag. That’s why I asked.

Amy July 23, 2016 at 12:33 PM

I’m with you, Tessa…I can’t wait until this whole beard fad is over. I’m pretty fortunate hubby’s work doesn’t allow beards or he would have a full-face one. Ugh.

Speaking of hubby, I feel like a bad wife because he wants a date night and all I want to do is stay home and read. But I’m tired, dang it!

Amy July 23, 2016 at 12:38 PM

I need to get back to the Jack and Jill series…I stopped about a third of the way in and never went back. I didn’t dislike it or anything (from what I can remember), I think it was just my mood at the time…I just wasn’t connecting.

Wow…I’m just a ball of sunshine today, aren’t I?? :P

R. Renee July 23, 2016 at 12:55 PM

I’m with you Amy. I cried half the night because I got to a super sad part of the 3rd Fish Tales that I didn’t see coming and today I’m crying because it’s almost over. This is a first. Starting the book hangover before the book ends. Gah. Tell your hubby, “We’ll go later, Dude,” and hangout with me day-drinking and listening to Lifehouse on repeat. “Alexa, play You and Me again. And bring Mama another cocktail.”

bev July 23, 2016 at 1:17 PM

I think it’s because he is supposed to be a swimmer. Most swimmers have no facial or body hair. Like Tessa said, the drag.
Amy, have an at home date night. Maybe order out favorite foods & desserts.

DG July 23, 2016 at 5:36 PM

Started reading Anything But Minor…just in the mind for a funny read… So far loving the ‘nerdy’ girl and HOT guy dynamic…

Grey July 23, 2016 at 6:55 PM

A Lover’s Lament by K.L. Grayson is free on Amazon right now…

Fabi July 23, 2016 at 7:03 PM

omg Grey, thank you. I’ve had that one lined up since Jean recommended it.

I have to read Bossman first though because I have it on loan.

Tessa July 23, 2016 at 7:06 PM

Yeah, though I prefer fresh face or just a hint of stubble. However, the drag in the water is a real issue if you’re a professional. That’s why swimmers literally shave everything. Less drag.

Tessa July 23, 2016 at 7:06 PM

Thank you Grey! :D

Grey July 23, 2016 at 7:24 PM

You’re welcome lovelies! Just glad I finally had another freebie I could share with my friends. I’m not in the mood for a book that is going to gut me though. I think I may read Tangled that was recommended to me a few days ago… You all know me and my bullies. *squee*

bev July 23, 2016 at 7:42 PM

Reading How to Lead a Life of Crime by Kristen Miller. Only 15% in and I’m intrigued. The premise is a bit different.

bev July 23, 2016 at 7:54 PM

Hmm. Interesting. I bought this book based on a review and never read the official blurb. I just went back to that review to check something and it mentions the blurb gives away a major spoiler.
Not sure if anyone was interested in looking it up but thought I’d put that out there.

Grey July 23, 2016 at 9:07 PM

Tangled… Man Adonis is such a jerk face bully… Gah!

Tessa July 23, 2016 at 9:35 PM

Yes, he is. :D

Maryse July 23, 2016 at 10:28 PM

Hahha… funny about “Alexa”

Today at one point I wanted her to play me a song..

So I said…

and then… I forgot the song title and singer.

So I said “never mind sorry I bothered you”

And she said

“No problem”

bev July 23, 2016 at 10:51 PM

Maryse, I’m curious. If you say to her

“Alexa, my name is Inigo Montoya. ”

“Alexa, show me the money”

What does she say?

bev July 23, 2016 at 10:51 PM

It’s some of her easter eggs.

Lisa July 24, 2016 at 12:45 AM

YES…Adonis is the epitome of a jerkface bully. So glad youre reading that one Grey.

And for those who haven’t read A Lovers Lament you should absolutely grab it. I loved it…and it didn’t gut me even though it had angst. You all know I’m not really brave about heart shredding books. It was perfect.

Bossman was a solid 4 stars for me. True Vi Keeland…super super hot Hero. Chase is smoking.

Lisa July 24, 2016 at 12:48 AM

Robin your reaction to Fish Tales is EXACTLY why its on my tbr list gathering dust.

Fabi July 24, 2016 at 1:15 AM

Lisa, I’m at 45% in Bossman and I can’t put it down. It reads so smoothly that I can’t stop going from page to page no matter how late it’s getting.

R. Renee July 24, 2016 at 11:39 AM

Lisa but the sadness from missing them is so much worse than the actual sadness from the book! The characters feel like family at this point!

OMG Maryse. That has happened to me so many times but unapologetically so lol. Must say I’m sorry!

R. Renee July 24, 2016 at 11:48 AM

I tried Bev. Nothing on Princess Bride and “I didn’t understand” on the second one lol.

R. Renee July 24, 2016 at 11:50 AM

“Jerry, you got to yell.” LOL I said it wrong the first time…

R. Renee July 24, 2016 at 11:52 AM

OMG Bev. LOL I’m a moron. I just say everything wrong. I did Princess Bride again and she says “Stop saying that. I never killed anyone’s father.” hahaha. I love PB!!

bev July 24, 2016 at 12:12 PM

Lol, thanks.
I’d just be sitting there trying movie quotes all day.
Like, “Nobody can eat 50 eggs”
I don’t know if that one is in there but I guess they keep adding more.

Cheryl July 24, 2016 at 12:39 PM

I loved the part in Bossman where they go out for drinks & he tries to order her a peppermint schnapps martini. Loved everything about that book, except maybe the “resolution.”

Also, loved Anything But Minor. Quirky h, and H who had me falling for him!

Just finished Read My Lips. It was good but didn’t hold my attention. Now unsure what to read. On vacation so don’t want anything too gut-wrenching.

Cheryl July 24, 2016 at 12:54 PM

Ok maybe Hustle or Puck Buddies.

Amy, you have me curious about Everything We Keep. Read the blurb. Good vacation read??

Tessa July 24, 2016 at 1:08 PM

:) I love that about the Easter eggs. It gave me a giggle to read that.

Okay. Grey, I think the nature of book one is why no details. I noticed from get other books, that’s one thing she doesn’t write I detail. I can understand that. Book two will probably have details. That I can see.

Now I have tho say this. I love that the Paperwhite is connected to Goodreads. I forgot to put my books umm reading on out, then I went to look and poof. They were marked and rated. Woot!! I love this thing!!

bev July 24, 2016 at 1:11 PM

Cheryl, have you read Act Like It? CR with good chemistry & banter. Really liked the heroine and grumpy type of hero.

Just did a Dnf of Tap by Georgia Cates. Just couldn’t get into it. Going to try a western romance next, The Drifter.

Cheryl July 24, 2016 at 1:16 PM

Never, I do have that on my tbr. Going to look at it now. Thanks!

Cheryl July 24, 2016 at 1:19 PM

Damn autocorrect. Never =Bev.

Fabi July 24, 2016 at 1:22 PM

I’m enjoying Bossman so much. @62% and five stars so far. But your comments are making me worried that there’s something coming up that I’m not going to like. :-( (((((

Amy July 24, 2016 at 1:32 PM

Hehe, say the movie quote “I’ll drink your milkshake” to Alexa and see what she says.

I’m going to have to check out Bossman with all the comments you guys are making. Peppermint schnapps martini? Oh yes…

Amy July 24, 2016 at 1:54 PM

Cheryl…I finished Everyrhing We Keep last night, and I’m still digesting it. It is #1 in the Kindle store and hasn’t even been released yet, and the majority of the ratings are 5 star so that should tell you something.

I really liked it, but I had a problem the ending. The majority of the book had a certain pace to it which, for me, took a little getting used to (time jumps that seemed to cheat me out of being able to make a connection with the relationship she was building with another character), and then the ending just wrapped up way too quickly and easily. Almost like the author thought, “oh crap I better wrap this up” and then just typed some stuff to finish it off.

There were also a few too many far-fetched facts or other things thrown in which really didn’t add any substance to the story or simply felt out of place, BUT those could be there because there will be a second book, which I didn’t realize until the epilogue. Yeah, that was a little unexpected and aggravating.

So, would I recommend it? Sure, as long as you can read it without overthinking things like I did and just enjoy the ride. I really DID like it, but it was just different from the books that typically rock my jaded world. If you want a rec that is already available though, The Promise of Stardust is great and SO different from the norm. And I loved it even with it being all in his POV, so that should tell you something. ;)

Tessa July 24, 2016 at 2:14 PM

I did read Lover’s Lament as a Kindle Unlimited? Huh. As soon as I saw the author I remembered it, but that says something. I read to fast and covers mean nothing.

Amy July 24, 2016 at 3:17 PM

Tessa…guess what I’m starting? I’m feeling nostalgic and missing the feels from all of my YA PNR reads, so I’m starting the Dark Elements series…yep, I’m finally diving in! :D

Linda July 24, 2016 at 6:03 PM

Anything but Minor by Kate Stewart is outstanding!! Loved it!!! So yummy!! I’ve been on a funny romantic kinda kick and have been happily sated thank you very much!!! Bossman and Cream of the Crop equally perfect. 5*!!!!!! Not sure what my next pretty will be!!!!

bev July 24, 2016 at 6:32 PM

Tessa, did you see Maryse ‘ s breaking news?
I didn’t love the first as much as everyone else but I’m hooked. If it’s 9 our time I’m going to try and get a couple hours in.

bev July 24, 2016 at 6:34 PM

I just hope it’s not resolved too fast. I get the back lash against angst for angst sake, but if you set it up and have a ch play it out. Plus, this is a soap opera of a book (anyone else ever love gh?) So sort of set up for angst.

Tessa July 24, 2016 at 6:50 PM

Amy! YES! You’ll love it, I’ve no doubt. :D

Bev. I have it on pre-order and can’t wait! *squee* I loved the first book. There is a third book after this one, so I hope it’s not easily resolved. I read some series where that happened. Something horrible would happen, then the next book, it’s resolved by chapter two. :/

Okay, that feeling that the author thought, oh crap, I got to finish this up I call the bow tie ending. No real satisfaction, just a random HEA. THAT is a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE, HUGE pet peeve of mine.

I haven’t watched GH since I was eleven-twelve. Felicia and Frisco were reunited then he left again. The end for me.

Amy July 24, 2016 at 7:06 PM

Linda…you should check out her book Room 212. Gah, I loved that one!!

Alright, I’m curious and butting in…what’s Maryse’s breaking news?

Amy July 24, 2016 at 7:16 PM

Tessa…fortunately it wasn’t a typical HEA (you know how I love to get gut punched by endings ;) ) but things were just wrapped up too quickly…not perfectly but more quickly than the situation would have called for.

It kind of went heartache…grief…more heartache…things are okay…wait, what is going on…seriously, what the $&#% is going on…this can’t be happening…oh okay, she’s fine with it all…hang on, what the he!! is up with that epilogue?? *sigh* Sometimes I miss the days where I didn’t pick books apart.

bev July 24, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Amy, Broken Prince.

Random but I love carpool karaoke. Just watching the one with the First Lady and them doing Beyonce is awesome.

Amy July 24, 2016 at 7:42 PM

Ah, okay. Broken Prince. I’m about 99.9% positive I know what was happening at the end of Paper Princess so I wasn’t freaking out over the OMG-no-he-didn’t CH.

I’m going to hold out on reading BP until I hear from y’all on it ;)

Maryse July 24, 2016 at 7:45 PM

I have breaking news?

Now I’m curious!!! :P

Maryse July 24, 2016 at 7:46 PM

Thank you Linda!!! I have that one and will be reading it soon. :D

Maryse July 24, 2016 at 7:46 PM

Agreed Amy… Room 212 SO good (thank you!!!!! :P ) so I def. want to read her sports one.

bev July 24, 2016 at 7:47 PM

Lol, Amy you need to watch Sherlock. Just to see if you can solve the mystery.

bev July 24, 2016 at 7:48 PM

Maryse, your title for BP release. Breaking news update releasing at midnight.

Amy July 24, 2016 at 8:17 PM

Oh good lord Bev…I totally should have seen that one coming. *smirks and shakes head*

Maryse…right?? Her writing plus a sports theme seems like a great combination. And it’s been a while since I’ve read a sports book so…click!!

Maryse July 24, 2016 at 8:28 PM

Ahhhhh *phew* bev… I was wondering if I was sleep-blogging or something. LOL!!!!!!! :P

Fabi July 24, 2016 at 9:02 PM

Finished Bossman. 5 stars for me. Vi Keeland wrote the perfect boyfriend. I need to put her books in my feel-good category. They never fail to make me happy.

Maryse July 24, 2016 at 9:14 PM

Yay Fabi!!! That one is VERY high on the Amazon charts right now.

bev July 24, 2016 at 9:16 PM

I mean it also could be

Amy watches Sherlock. Stayed tuned for further reactions and an in depth look on how it has changed her life.

Lisa July 24, 2016 at 10:06 PM

Oh Bev!! Youre hilarious!!

Amy July 24, 2016 at 10:16 PM

*throws hands in the air*

*covers head with pillow*

Cheryl July 24, 2016 at 10:25 PM

Thanks Amy. Putting that one on the waiting for sequel list.

Linda, I loved Anything But Minor and Bossman too, so now need to check Out Cream of the Crop.

bev July 24, 2016 at 10:42 PM

Amy, just read this and thought of you.

bev July 24, 2016 at 11:27 PM

Alright, on chapter 3.
If reading BP what did you think of chapter 1? What you thought?
Have to say I was may e wanting a different answer.

Amy July 24, 2016 at 11:45 PM

Bev…I have that book! See how well you know me? ;)

I was going to wait on BP, but I’m crazy curious about my theory. Sherlock ain’t got nothin’ on me when it comes to books. :P

Holy moly, I have to get to bed. It’s 9:45 and I have to get up at 3:30. *sigh* Six more weeks…

bev July 24, 2016 at 11:52 PM

Whoa, Amy. That’s a crazy wake up call.

Maryse July 25, 2016 at 10:04 AM
bev July 25, 2016 at 6:32 PM

Gah. Looks so freaking good.

Maryse July 26, 2016 at 2:02 PM

Amy have you started it yet? I’m trying to figure out my next…

bev July 26, 2016 at 2:29 PM
Maryse July 26, 2016 at 4:13 PM

Er… bev? I don’t get it. Was Sherlock in it? :P

Amy July 26, 2016 at 4:16 PM

Maryse…The Dark Elements series or Broken Prince? I clicked BP, and I read the DE prequel but that’s as far as I’ve gotten with that series…