Happy Friday and happy Father’s Day weekend everyone! It’s off to a great start, ’cause we found goodies!!! Er… well, maybe not for our fathers (since the goodies are romance books), but hey! Gotta indulge ourselves too, right.
New releases, and reader recommendations, and a few highlights from next week’s preorders. From dark-read psychopaths, to a cop investigating a girl raising her siblings in her mini-van, to a rock star/step brother (hey why not?! LOL!!) to falling for your boyfriend’s roommate… there are love stories below, for all your romance moods. Plus, there’s a pre-order below that just WRECKED one of our fellow readers, and I. Can’t. WAIT!!!
P.S. I’d love to hear what you’re reading right now (or will be reading this weekend). And/or let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
Look what we found! (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Bet on Me (Bet on Love Series Book 2) by Rachel Higginson <— JUST RELEASED! RACHEL HIGGINSON ALERT! And it CAN be read as a standalone! She’s dead-set on her future focusing on her med-school education and eventual career (and love… later). “Until the night she has one too many drinks and lets lust override logic. Beckett Harris is gorgeous, talented and completely bad for her…“
- LUKA (The Rhythm Series, Book 2) by Jane Harvey-Berrick <— JUST RELEASED! SOUNDS FORBIDENNY ALERT! “I love two people. I love them differently. One is a man. One is a woman. And they are brother and sister.”
- Before That Night: Unfinished Love Series: Caine & Addison, Book 1 by Violet Duke <— JUST RELEASED! SHE’S SECRETLY RAISING HER SIBLINGS & HE’S THE COP SENT TO INVESTIGATE ALERT! “Before that night, Addison would never have thought the man she’d been fighting hard not to fall for—her only friend in her new shadow of a life—would be in a position to rip her family apart. Before that night, Caine would never have believed any woman could make him fall head over heels, let alone make him feel so damn compelled to look the other way when it came to his job. Then that one perfect night changed everything…“
- Bad Beats: A Rock-Star Step-Brother Romance by C.L. Riley <— JUST RELEASED!
- Down and Out (Hawks MC: Caroline Springs Charter Book 3) by Lila Rose <— JUST RELEASED BIKER BOOK & SHE’S HOMELESS BUT GETS A JOB AS HIS NANNY! “Living out of her car, she’s learned life isn’t worth regrets. When Mena takes the job of nanny and housekeeper for Dive, she doesn’t know what she’s getting into…”
- Written on My Heart by Cole Gibsen <— REALISTIC ANGST ALERT! This one is back on the list ’cause Tessa recommends it!
Tessa: I ended up really liking Writen on my Heart. It felt real, and the angst was real, not contrived. I just wish it was longer just so I can stay in their world. My only complaint was the romance was too quick. However, even that, the L word wasn’t used, just I like you, let’s see where this goes. That’s where the extra story could have been. I also just wanted more resistance at the beginning. The angst, emotion, and discovery were there.
- Weightless by Kandi Steiner <— JUST RELEASED! And I can’t figure out from this blurb what it’s about… other than it sounds angsty. “He stole my innocence. He scarred my heart. He took everything I thought I knew about my life and fast-pitched it out the window, shattering the glass that held my world together in the process. I remember the lights…” AND… CM is loving it! “I’m reading this now and it’s sooooo fabulous. I’m giggling and angsty all at the same time.”
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell <— TASHA 5-STAR LOVED IT! ROMANCE WAS SIGH INDUCING & SLOW BUILD ALERT!!!
Tasha: I finished Carry On and I 5 star loved it, the ending was bittersweet for me and I’ll miss being in their world.
bev: Tasha, wasn’t Carry On wonderful? I loved how the spells worked.
Tasha: Bev, it was amazing! The spells were so clever and witty. And her writing style just sucks you in. I was intrigued at first with the similarity to Harry Potter but it became its own really early in. When Baz came in is when it really sucked me in though. I loved him from the start and he and Simon’s quarrels were amusing and thrilling. But I loved Penny and Agatha too! She really gives you such depth with each character that you feel you know them. And the romance was one of the most sigh inducing slow builds I’ve read in a while! The story as a whole was just perfect and had everything I love in a good book!
- Unmatchable by Sky Corgan <— JUST RELEASED! HER NEW BOSS ALERT?! “Kicking him out of my office is one of my greatest pleasures…until I find out that he totally lied about his identity. Someone is going to get fired over this, and it might be me. Now Mister Barnes is after me. After me in the most unexpected of ways.“
- Hook & Ladder 69: Eighteen Authors…One Sexy Firehouse. <— JUST RELEASED/SEXY FIREMAN ANTHOLOGY ALERT!
- Chaos Walking: The Complete Trilogy by Patrick Ness <— TERRIFYING DYSTOPIAN ALERT!
bev: Hey, has anyone here read the Chaos Walking books by Patrick Ness?
Lisa: BEV!! Yes I loved Chaos Walking….the first line in book one, The Knife of Never Letting Go, is the best line ever……….The first thing you find out when yer dog learns to talk is that dogs don’t got nothing much to say. about anything. Loved that YA dystopian series…quite terrifying for a YA fiction.
- Wolf’s Surrender: Part of the Immortal Ops World (Shadow Agents / PSI-Ops Book 1) by Mandy M. Roth <— JUST RELEASED
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty <— IF YOU LOVED “AFTER I DO”, READ THIS ONE!
Tasha: I saw After I Do mentioned up there and it made me think to mention What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty. If you loved After I Do you will love WAF! I still think of this book all the time, it’s one of my top faves for sure!
R.Renee: Tasha, you’re speaking directly to me (and maybe a few other people). Thank you! Adding What Alice Forgot to my TBR right now. What a blurb! Yay!
Maryse: speaking to me, that’s for sure. That is one of my FAVORITE books. I may have even already one-clicked this one! *fingers crossed*
Amy: *looks up What Alice Forgot* BAM!! Already have it.
Maryse: YES!!!! I have it, too!!! *wheeeee* I know what I’m reading this weekend. Thank you Tasha!!! Buddy read, Amy? And everyone?!! Buddy read??
- Into the Tomorrows (Bleeding Hearts Book 1) by Whitney Barbetti <— JUST RELEASED! FALLING FOR HER BOYFRIEND’S ROOMMATE ALERT! “Moving to Colorado to be with Colin, my high school sweetheart, was the perfect way to start over and rekindle what had begun to fizzle. I wanted that spark to ignite, to burn in passion and desire. Instead, I found myself falling for Jude, my boyfriend’s roommate…”
- Doomsday Love: An MMA & Second Chance Romance by Shanora Williams <— JUST RELEASED! NEW MMA fighter book!! “He’d broken my heart–left me hanging for years. He ruined us. And, now, he’s back. He wants me…”
- A Lover’s Lament by K.L. Grayson & BT Urruela <— SHE WRITES TO A SOLDIER ALERT! “I didn’t expect him to write back. I wasn’t prepared for his words, and I certainly wasn’t ready for the impact this soldier would have on my life...” and it’s super-bargain priced right now!
- Six by K.I. Lynn <— KIND OF A PSYCHOPATH ALERT! Er… not the author. The hero. *snort* Niki is enjoying this one!
“This book is really good so far!! Tessa you might like this one since we like similar books… the hero is pretty dark emotionally since he is kind of a psychopath…but I’m really enjoying it!!”
- The Man I Love (The Fish Tales Book 1) by Suanne Laqueur <— ROMANCE ANGST & BETRAYAL & TRAGEDY ALERT! One of my recent favorites is on super-sale right now! Happy birthday, awesome book!! (P.S. Here is my review)
Terri: Oh boy!! I 100% recommend this book. All of them actually. One of my very favorites of all time.
- The Ground Rules (Book 1) (The Rule Breakers Series) by Roya Carmen <— FORBIDDEN LOVE ALERT! Once upon a time, this book made my stomach hurt… in a deliciously angsty forbiddeny way! And yesterday was its birthday. And on its birthday, it has become… bargain-priced!! Here’s my review… and reaction video.
Jasmine: The series hurt my stomach too! I was destroyed just like when I read Arsen! It took me a while to recover from this series! These authors know how to keep our blood pumping!
Melissa: This series was seriously addicting!
- Some Sort of Love (Jillian and Levi): A Happy Crazy Love Novel by Melanie Harlow <— SEXY SINGLE FATHER ALERT! This recent release is super-bargain priced! “Levi Brooks is six feet four inches of hot bearded fantasy. A sexy single dad with broad shoulders, strong hands, and a fantastically big … heart. (I mean, it’s massive. And generous. And it pumps so hard … um. Sorry. Lost my place.) Being a good father means everything to him, but he’s keeping me at a distance because he thinks I deserve someone better — a man who can give me more time, more attention, more of himself…“
- Juked by ME Carter <— JUST RELEASED! SOCCER STAR & A SINGLE MOM TO AN INFANT ALERT! “After a tragic accident spins her world on its axis, she finds herself as a single mother, raising a newborn nephew she never knew she had. Between parenthood, her full-time job, and dealing with the suffocating grief of losing her sister, every day is a struggle. When they begin to cross paths unexpectedly and often, an unlikely friendship starts to evolve…“
Trudy: This story was amazing. Tugged at ALL of my heartstrings. M.E. Carter delivered! <3 Loved!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- Born of Legend (The League: Nemesis Rising) by Sherrilyn Kenyon - June 21st 2016
- The Pursuit: A Fox and O’Hare Novel by Janet Evanovich & Lee Goldberg
- Billionaire’s Favorite Mistake, The: Billionaires and Bridesmaids by Jessica Clare - June 21st 2016
- Rocking Kin (The Lucy & Harris Novella Series Book 3) by Terri Anne Browning - June 21st 2016
- Into the Fire (Bridge Book 2) by Meredith Wild - June 21st 2016
- Easy Kisses (The Boudreaux Series Book 4) by Kristen Proby - June 21st 2016
- A Measure of Love (A Pound of Flesh Book 5) by Sophie Jackson - June 21st 2016
- Downtown Devil: A Sins in the City Novel by Cara McKenna - June 21st 2016
- Wildest Dreams by Kristen Ashley <— AUDIOBOOK PRE-ORDER! - June 21st 2016
- The Mercenaries Boxset by Style Fantome - June 21st 2016
- Mr. Romantic: A Mister Standalone by J.A. Huss - June 22nd 2016
- Epic Lies (Epic Fail Book 2) by Trudy Stiles – June 27th 2016
- Full Tilt by Emma Scott – June 28th 2016 <— WE’VE GOT AWESOME FEED BACK ON THIS ONE ALREADY!
R. Renee: Full Tilt by Emma Scott. I’m totally and utterly wrecked right now. I think she may have outdone herself this time. I just posted my review on GR. I’m tough on her because of my love for RUSH. I’ve given a couple of her books 4 stars when they’ve stayed with me enough to make me think they should have been 5. But this one…wow.
OMG Maryse. LOVED. Ooh and Maryse, it needs to go on your “what to read after Me Before You” list. I can’t wait until it comes out. I want the paperback. The cover is so pretty and PERFECT for the book. Oh and I don’t think I’ve ever read a blurb that fit its book so perfectly. Especially that last part!
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here.