<— SATURDAY MORNING UPDATE!! HOLY MOLY how did that happen? What Alice Forgot is the one we’ve decided to buddy-read (it was described as an “After I Do” feel) and it just went on sale!!! Who wants to read it with us?
Jennifer: This is an amazing book!!! I ugly cried! Hits you right in the feels. Rips your heart!!
Nadia: I want to buddy read!!
Maryse: Yay Nadia!!!
Sharon: Yes please!
Val: I love this book. It’s my favorite by hers.
Shanna: man I’ve wanted this. And it’s on sale
It’s the time again, where we find the latest book deals, and best book recommendations and compile it all into a Friday Finds list. YAY!!! I LOVE Fridays!!
I haven’t selected my weekend read yet, (I’m still determining my reading mood) but if you’re in the same boat as me, this list might help!
BREAKING NEWS ALERT: Okay sure it’s not really breaking news anymore, but just in case you haven’t heard… many of us have been finding some nice credits in our Amazon (<— that’s where my credit was!), Barnes & Noble & iBook accounts due to an anti-trust settlement that has been refunded to us readers! So check your accounts by going into your “gift card” balances and take a look! This just might be your lucky day. It was mine, for sure, and many of our fellow readers too!
Kirstyn: I received one from Amazon and from Apple. If you’ve bought iBooks check your iTunes account as well. $75 from Amazon and $230 from Apple. I’m set on books for awhile.
Ela: Holy BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM LOOKING AT Total Gift Cards: $276.54 …Where’s Amy? I’m very curious how much she got!
Maryse: I was wondering the same thing… Amy’s is gonna be crazy.
Amy: *GASP!!!!* Amazon credit?!?!?!?!?!? *goes to check Amazon gift card balance*
Fabi: Amy, did B&N just add a GC to your account?
Amy: I checked my account and it shows a credit of 90.14. Time to do some shopping!
Amy: Fabi…I’m pretty sure they just credited my account, kind of like when you load a gift card. I just received the email earlier today with the total amount …. go to My Account—->Gift Cards—->Manage Gift Cards & Credits for Nook Content Also, if I remember correctly you can load GC directly onto your Nook so there is the option to check your balance right on the Nook as well. I have to fire mine up so I can check.
Susan: I didn’t realize how many books I buy and read until I saw my credit. Over $600.00. That will keep me reading for a while. Very excited.
Tessa: Hehehe If I had 600 like Susan, I’d buy their latest kindle. That looks so cool with the charging cover. Susan, congrats and have fun!
Lisakay: My Amazon credit was $6.00, I will take it, but compared to Susan $600…….wow just wow, how awesome for her.
Rebecca: Susan just made me feel so much better about my $321! Lol!! I seriously thought my husband accidentally one clicked gift cards and I was freaking out at first. It’s taking all my self-control not to immediately one-click every single book I want. Heehee
Tessa: anyone who used Google or Sony Reader gets a check later in the mail. It makes sense because the first time I got about twelve dollars in the mail by postcard-check.
Look what we found! (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- 1985: Careless Whisper (Love in the 80s Book 6) by Misty Provencher <— JUST WENT LIVE! “James told me he would protect me forever and I entrusted him with all my deepest, darkest secrets. I was positive that I knew all of his too…until the end of summer, in 1985. What I found out ruined me. I could only imagine the gossip…” And then seven years later she gets a call…
- 1986 by Morgan Parker <— TUMMY TWISTER ALERT! And just for fun, I’m bringing THIS new release back on the list right under “1985″ up there, tee hee! Amy is enjoying it!
Amy: Holy moly…1986 just took a crazy-a$$ turn. Seriously…my tummy is twisting up… ! I am SO glad I went in blind aside from the blurb.
- The Geek Gets The Girl by Michele Hauf <— JUST WENT LIVE!!
- My Unexpected Forever (The Beaumont Series Book 2) by Heidi McLaughlin <— SUPER-BARGAIN TODAY!
Teresa: I love, love, love this series. I’ve read all three of these books, and all of them were wonderful. I love the cover of My Unexpected Forever.
- Disclaimer: A Novel by Renée Knight <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! TashaJ found us this one!
Tasha: “I’m currently 22% into Disclaimer by Renee Knight and really loving it so far! It’s a psych thriller and I’m dying to know this secret she’s been keeping and I’m just getting to this really nail biting part! Yikes! So what’s everyone else reading??”
Jen C: Oooh and Disclaimer – read that just over a year ago and it was SO GOOD. Not what I was expecting at all – definitely a surprise great find.
- Strong Signal (Cyberlove) (Volume 1) by Megan Erickson & Santino Hassell <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT! FABI!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look what’s on super-sale and I just one-clicked it!!!! *happy wiggle*
Fabi: …if I were to recommend to you your first Santino Hassell book, I’d want to steer you towards his collab with Megan Erickson, Strong Signal. It was my favorite of the month when I read it. Santino’s characters are hard and gritty and so freakin’ real. Megan added a certain sweetness factor to Strong Signal that melted my heart.
- Bad Boys After Dark: Mick by Melissa Foster <— MADE OUT WITH HER BOSS ALERT! Oh oh… masquerade parties cause trouble. The good kind! ”Amanda thinks she’s hit the jackpot when she bags a tall, dark, and sinfully delicious masked man–until she discovers the man she’s made out with is her off-limits boss…”
- The Warlord’s Wife (A Sons of the North Romance Book 1) by Sandra Lake <— Bev just found this one for us!
“I just saw a positive r e view for a book called The War lord’s Wife. She said it felt like old school. Jerk hero a bit crazy sauce, lol. Now I don’t think he is as bad as they used to come, thank goodness, or as bad as you sometimes like, heh, but sounds fun. I one clicked. It’s a Viking romance.”
- All Access (The Fangirl Series Book 1) by Liberty Kontranowski <— ROCK STAR FANTASY JUST WENT LIVE!!! She’s a 30-something single mom that is SO in love with a rock star, so she writes a romance book and HE is the muse… and he finds out!! “Kallie writes a smokin’ hot novel featuring a hero who looks and acts an awful lot like Niles — and a heroine who may or may not have a smattering of herself thrown in for fun. When Niles learns about the book and surprise-texts Kallie, the two deliciously complicated creatives become fast friends . . . and so much more…”
DG: So ALL ACCESS….total fangirl book…LOVING it. Haven’t read a rock star book in a long while but this one fits my mood….
Angela: Almost done with it, it’s good… twists that surprised me. It’s one of those fantasy’s that seems unreal but the author makes it work.
- The Hardest Fall (Roadmap to Your Heart Book 3) by Christina Lee <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT! JUST WENT LIVE!
- Everything: A Singed Wings Novel by Erin Noelle <— LIVE!!! STUDENT-TEACHER ROMANCE ALERT! He was on his way to rock-stardom but…”The life I’d always wanted was finally within my reach. All I had left to do was finish out my last semester of high school. But there was one problem: MS, Sloan, the new art history teacher…”
- A Beautiful Sin by Terri E. Laine & A.M. Hargrove <— Ooooooh FORBIDDEN LOVE CATHOLIC PRIEST ALERT! This one just went live today “She is my weakness, my salvation, my downfall and my freedom. Our sins are bound tighter than fate. My name is Canaan. I am an ordained Roman Catholic priest, forever and always. Her name is Haven. She may be my destiny, my destruction.”
- One Day Soon by A. Meredith Walters <— SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED!! Sounds angsty, and Nancy found it for us saying: “I just found a great bargain by one of my favorite authors: A. Meredith Walters, and her book ONE DAY SOON…. This is a stand-alone contemporary romance.” Yep… that blurb!!! ”He was the past that I buried, but never forgot. Until the day I found him again, years after believing I had lost him forever. And in cold, resentful eyes, I saw the heart of the man who had been everything when I had nothing at all. So I vowed to hold onto the second chance that was stolen from the children we had been.“
Pia: One Day Soon by A. Meredith Walters is a must have. She never disappoints.
- American Bad Boy: A Military Romance by Eddie Cleveland & Sadie Black <— NEW COCKY MILITARY HERO HEARTBREAKER ALERT! Here’s another that just went LIVE! ”It’s been a decade since he left. But under his tattoos, I still see the guy who broke my heart when he chose his country instead of me. I told myself I was over it…”
- Marry Screw Kill by Liv Morris <— AUTHOR SAYS YOU NEED TO SIT DOWN TO READ THIS ONE! Tee hee! “There are two men in my life. I’m marrying one, want to screw the brains out of another, and by the time this story is over you may want to kill someone. The choices are still pending…” and it’s super bargain-priced today!
- Screwed by Kendall Ryan <— SHE’S HIS NEW NEIGHBOR & she knows about his reputation. Super-bargain priced today!
- Signal Bend Series by Susan Fanetti <— LOOKING FOR A GRITTY BIKER ROMANCE SERIES?
Lisa: …if you’re looking for a great MC series get into Susan Fanetti’s Signal Bend series. It rivals Lauren Gilleys series and I am just totally hooked….There is a central couple in each book….told from their POVs but there is an ongoing story of the Horde MC that continues through the series. Best read in order for that reason or you’ll miss the gist of their ongoing feuds and battles.
Ela: LOVED Susan Fanetti’s Signal Bend series BUT it is very violent and graphic so listen to the warnings Susan posts at the end of the blurb!
- Pathfinder’s Way: A Novel of the Broken Lands by T.A. White <— WHAT TO READ AFTER GOLDEN DYNASTY ALERT!!! Danylle recommends it!
“…I finally found a book that I couldn’t stay silent about. I love novels like Warprize by Elizabeth Vaughan and The Golden Dynasty by Kristen Ashley and I’ve finally found one that has the same pizazz. All it took was one read through of the summary and I was sold. I one clicked. I just wanted to bring this jewel to your attention. I hope you enjoy it. The book is Pathfinder’s Way by T.A. White.”
- Can’t Get Enough (River Bend, #2) by Molly McLain <— HER NEW NEIGHBOR IS A SURPRISE SINGLE FATHER ALERT! He just got custody of a daughter he never knew he had and…”…she likes the quiet little town more than she expects, and she can’t resist overextending herself to help her built-like-a-bad-boy neighbor get his life back on track…” It’s super-bargain priced!
- To See You by Rachel Blaufeld <— REALISTIC & REFRESHING HERO ALERT! Marion is loving this one!!!
“I’m not even 50% in yet but I’d like to recommend a great read ” To See You” by Rachel Blaufeld. What’s refreshing is that the hero in the outset is portrayed in a realistic light, he’s your “every day” guy with all the quirks & insecurities about his appearance like any normal person. Loving it!!!!”
- The Infamous Ellen James (Infamous Series Book 1) by N.A. Alcorn <— LAUGH-OUT-LOUD INAPPROPRIATE HUMOR ALERT! This was a reader question from yesterday and it sounded hilarious but it’s when Kristin said: “Can it be the one where she goes camping and has to use his socks to dry herself after getting diarrhea?” that I was exceptionally excited to read this for my next funny read. And Melissa says: “Avoiding Amy Jackson (Infamous Series Book 2) is the second one and just as hilarious!”
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo <— FANTASY THRILLER ALERT! One of my new fav authors, Suanne Laqueur just discovered this one and she is LOVING it! Suanne says:
“Have you read Six of Crows? Has anyone read this? Am I insanely late to the party? I don’t care if I’m late because this book is BLOWING MY MIND!!!”
“Update: finished. I’m a wreck. A WRECK. Read this f**king book!”
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- Epic Lies (Epic Fail Book 2) by Trudy Stiles – June 27th 2016
- Brutal Discoveries by Kasey Millstead – June 27th 2016
- The Bourbon Thief by Tiffany Reisz - June 28th 2016
- Shadow Rider: The Shadow Series by Christine Feehan – June 28th 2016
- Hard to Serve: A Hard Ink Novella by Laura Kaye – June 28th 2016
- Chaos Bound (The Sinner’s Tribe Motorcycle Club) by Sarah Castille – June 28th 2016
- Rake’s Redemption (Wind Dragons Motorcycle Club) by Chantal Fernando – June 28th 2016
- First Comes Love: A Novel by Emily Giffin – June 28th 2016
- Sweet Little Lies: A Heartbreaker Bay Novel by Jill Shalvis – June 28th 2016
- Addicted: An Outlaws Novel (The Outlaws Series) by Elle Kennedy – June 28th 2016
- Under the Wire: Bad Boys Undercover by HelenKay Dimon – June 28th 2016
- Wasteland King (Gallow and Ragged) by Lilith Saintcrow – June 28th 2016
- The Curse of Tenth Grave (Charley Davidson Series) by Darynda Jones – June 28th 2016
- Awakened by Kate Douglas – June 28th 2016
- Having Hope (The Blow Hole Boys Book 4) by Tabitha Vargo – June 28th 2016
- The Devil In Disguise (Bad Things Book 1) by Cynthia Eden – June 28th 2016
- Killing The Sun: Part 2 by Mara White & K. Larsen - June 28th 2016
- Beautifully Decadent (Beautifully Damaged Book 3) by L.A. Fiore - June 28th 2016
- Full Tilt by Emma Scott – June 28th 2016 <— I LOVED IT!!!!!! (my review)
- Slow Grind (Men of Mornington Book 1) by Missy Johnson - June 28th 2016
- We Could Be Beautiful: A Novel by Swan Huntley - June 28th 2016
- Playing with Monsters by Amelia Hutchins - June 28th 2016
- Bad Teacher by Clarissa Wild - June 28th 2016
- Phantom Embrace (Immortal Guardians) by Dianne Duvall – June 29th 2016
- Silence Fallen (A Mercy Thompson Novel) by Patricia Briggs – March 7th 2017
- Etched in Bone (A Novel of the Others) by Anne Bishop - March 7th 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).