<— BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!! ELLE KENNEDY AWESOMENESS ALERT! ONE OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS of the year, The Score (Off-Campus Book 3), is on super-sale today (can be read as a standalone), and THIS one is my fav of the series so far! P.S. Here’s 5-star my review.
ALSO! ANOTHER 5 STAR ALERT!!! I want to know… has anyone NOT read this one yet? The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies Book 1) <— If not, you must! It’s one of my forever favorites, tore my heart out and twisted my stomach in knots. I 5-starred it, and it’s super-bargain priced today. My review.
Y’all know, along with my incredible love for angsty, heartachy books, I also love the jaw-dropping scary-ish ones! I’m on a twisty turny psych-thriller kick, especially if it involves a “love story”! I’ve been seeing this one floating on my feed (my friend Natasha pointed it out) and Amazon recommendations for a few days now (Behind Closed Doors is a recent release), but it’s when I finally read that BLURB, my jaw dropped and I swear I starting clapping with glee. This one is SO FOR ME!!
You know me… I love a good surprise! A story that gives me an adrenaline rush, makes me gasp and my stomach flutter. From the creepy stalkers (You, anyone? here’s my review), to the kidnappers (all of our crazy dark reads! But Stolen (my review) and Held (my review) being a couple of my favorites), to the woman on the run for her life (Safe Haven and Room: A Novel (my review) being two standouts in my head), to the seemingly perfect looking couple “next door” (that one to the left!! I can’t wait!!), to the love story with a hitch (Rainfall <— gasp!!! LOVED IT! Here’s my review).
But first, I’m reading another “psych-thriller” that was HIGHLY recommended to me after I read The Martian entitled Dark Matter: A Novel and I’m LOVING it! I’m a quarter in and already have two very different theories and both (to me?) completely plausible!! I can’t wait to find out where this one’s going!! Gah… the reviews!! I’ve lightly skimmed a few so I don’t accidentally hit a spoiler, but so far, I’m in for quite a ride. Oh and for this looking for more books like this, I have TWO favorites lists:
- Recommended Psychological Thriller Books and
- Ultimate Book List of Gasp-Worthy Plot Twists & Crazy Endings
But… these aren’t my only two big squees of the day! Look what else we found (all sorts of sexy, steamy or sweet romance, too!)
BARGAIN FINDS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Behind Closed Doors: The most emotional and intriguing psychological suspense thriller you can’t put down <— OMG I HAVE TO HAVE THIS BOOK!!!!! PSYCH-THRILLER PERFECT MARRIED COUPLE ALERT!! SO PERFECT but…”…you realize Jack and Grace are inseparable. Some might call this true love. Others might wonder why Grace never answers the phone. Or why she can never meet for coffee, even though she doesn’t work. How she can cook such elaborate meals but remain so slim. Or why she never seems to take anything with her when she leaves the house, not even a pen. Or why there are such high-security metal shutters on all the downstairs windows. Some might wonder what’s really going on once the dinner party is over, and the front door has closed…”
Amy: Holy moly! Behind Closed Doors sounds GREAT!!!! I’m so clicking that one. One more thing…Behind Closed Doors has a free five-chapter sampler so we can check it out before buying the actual book.
- Seducing My Assistant by J. S. Cooper and Helen Cooper <— LIVE!!! ”Seducing My Assistant is the novella sequel to Falling For My Boss.”
- Today’s Promises by S.R. Grey <— LIVE!!! PLUS IT’S THE CONCLUSION ALERT!!!
- Break My Heart (The Heart Series Book 2) by Esther M. Soto <— LIVE!! Lea is excited! “The second book in The Heart Series by Esther M Soto is live! I’m so excited I love this series so much. And Break My Heart is sexier and even more intense than the first book, Hold My Heart!“
- Chase the Sun (Free Fall Book 2) by Christina Lee & Nyrae Dawn <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! HE’S DRIVING A CAR TO LA FOR HIS BEST FRIEND… “Jamie and Conner are as different as night and day. Even after years of living apart, they still have a blast together—but now it’s mixed with an undeniable spark of attraction. Before they know it, they can’t keep their hands off each other. For Conner it’s all new and exciting, but Jamie isn’t the type of guy who takes this sort of intimacy lightly…“
- Dog Days by TA Moore <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT! HUGE STORMS signal the ends of the world… “mild-mannered academic Danny Fennick has battened down to sit out the storm. He grew up in the Scottish Highlands, so he’s seen harsh winters before. Besides, he has an advantage. He’s a werewolf. Or, to be precise, a weredog. Less impressive, but still useful…”
- A Fine Specimen by Lisa Marie Rice <— LIVE!! HE’S A COP & SHE’S STUDYING HIM FOR SCHOOL… “…his boss forces him to work with a scholar who is studying dominance in law enforcement. Alex doesn’t have time to babysit a pencil-dick geek writing a useless dissertation. He’s busy doing real police work. Putting bad guys behind bars. But when the pencil-dick geek turns out to be the scholarly but gorgeous and alluring Caitlin Summers, Alex realizes that the only thing he wants trembling is Caitlin . . . . naked, and beneath him...”
- Finding Our Forever: (A Defining Moments Novel) by Andee Michelle <— LIVE!!
- The Last Ones by T. Michelle Nelson <— LIVE!!! ZOMBIES & BIKERS ALERT! “She will find her once quaint and beautiful hometown is now overrun with zombies and the only source of order is the local motorcycle gang…”
- Slade (New Species Book 2) by Laurann Dohner <— LAURANN DOHNER RE-RELEASE!! This series is extremely popular with the sci-fi romance group. LOL! Nostalgia ’cause I just found my “mini-review” from back in 2012 saying:
“4 stars – a relief after the dark book I had just read. Old school alpha-romance-erotica. Light read, nothing too serious or heartbreaking (but still had it’s angst misunderstandings and “mine” qualities) and plenty of steam.”
- BENCHED by Abigail Graham <— FAMOUS FOOTBALL STAR ALERT! And I love the premise of this one! “I’m a single mom and a cop. When some arrogant superstar thinks he can speed through my town and smirk and charm his way out of a ticket, he’s wrong. I wrote the ticket and impounded his car. Then he moved in next door…” <— *gasp* Tee hee!!!! It’s super-bargain priced and Debra enjoyed it! “Good book. Finished it yesterday“
- In the Quiet by Eliza Henry-Jones <— SHE’S DEAD BUT SHE LINGERS, WATCHING HER FAMILY DEAL WITH THEIR GRIEF ALERT!!! Amy found us this one!!
“In the Quiet by Eliza Henry Jones is on sale… That one sounds like it is going to be beautifully heartbreaking. I’m ready!!”
- Fall: A Seaside Novel by Rachel Van Dyken <— RACHEL VAN DYKEN ALERT!! HE’S A FAMOUS ACTOR TRYING TO LAY LOW TO GE A PART IN A MOVIE… “Play nice? Keep it in his pants? Please. He played an alien once—he was going to totally rock it. Until a certain someone who he may or may not have publicly humiliated—rejected, then humiliated again, suddenly pops up next door.
Self control has a way of flying out the window when the one girl you can’t have—is suddenly dangled right in front of you.
But Priscilla isn’t just off limits—she’s a pastor’s daughter and barely legal to boot. So Jaymeson does the one thing he swore he’d never do—he tries to be friends. With a woman.” P.S. She has a boyfriend! P.P.S. It’s super-bargain priced today!
- Reckless by Winter Renshaw <— SO CURIOUS WHAT THE BOMBSHELL IS??! “As I blew out the candles on my divorce cake, I said goodbye to my failed marriage and embraced my future with open arms. But I didn’t know the future was going to come in the form of a mysterious stranger sitting at the end of the bar stealing glances all night… …But the moment I let him in . . . just when I began to let myself fall for this dashing stranger . . . he dropped a bombshell that changed everything.” (it’s super-bargain priced today!)
- Guardians of Summerfeld: Full Series: Books 1-4 by Melissa Delport <— FANTASY SERIES BUNDLE ALERT! The author of one of my favorites (up there… Rainfall) also has this Fantasy series!! It’s super-bargain priced today!
- Fighting to Be Free by Kirsty Moseley <— HUGE HIT and it’s back on the list ’cause Marion HIGHLY recommends it!
“Fighting to be Free by Kirsty Moseley is a MUST read!! Read it 3 years ago on wattpad and never forgot it.”
PREORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- The Player (Behind Closed Doors Book 1) by Lisa Renee Jones – September 12th 2016
- Fighting Blind by C.M. Sea brook – September 12th 2016
- The Billionaire Bachelor (Billionaire Bad Boys) by Jessica Lemmon – September 13th 2016
- Entrapment (Infidelity Book 4) by Aleatha Romig - September 13th 2016
- Roman Crazy by Alice Clayton – September 13th 2016
- The Playbook by Kelly Elliott – September 13th 2016
- Retrieval (The Retrieval Duet Book 1) by Aly Martinez – September 13th 2016
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).