Friday Finds – This list is short and sweet, but tried and true!

by Maryse on February 26, 2016 · 116 comments

in eBook Deals

<— Room: A Novel by Emma Donoghue AWESOME BOOK SUPER-SALE! I paid full price for this one, and I LOVED it. It’s a psych-thriller (she’s been kidnapped and held hostage for YEARS, and even had a baby in her prison…), and it has a lot of heart! I gave it 5 stars! (my review)

• So Much More by KIM HOLDEN!!!! eekeekeek Up for preorder and coming out March 29th!!!
  • After the Storm by Jane Lythell <— SUPER-BARGAIN priced and oooooooooh it sounds ominous. They’re on a small boat together “…ten days is a long time to spend with strangers—especially when one of them carries a destructive secret.”
  • No Longer Safe <— Super-bargain and it too… sounds ominous!! Total psych-thriller of University friends visiting and rekindling their friendship but.. “Karen isn’t the warm-hearted soulmate Alice remembers. …As the snow cuts them off from civilisation and accusations fly, Alice finds herself a pawn, sinking deeper into a deadly game she can’t escape…
  • The Silver Linings Playbook: A Novel by Matthew Quick <— GREAT MOVIE and the book is super-bargain priced right now!
  • The Broken Road Series by Melissa Huie <— Both books in this series are super bargain priced right now! She’s had a long time crush on him, he becomes her roommate but he’s hiding a dark secret… “she doesn’t think it could get any worse until her long-time crush, Shane asks to move in. After all, he has no clue that she’s been in love with him for the past ten years. But fate has a way of turning things around…
  • I Am Forbidden: A Novel by Anouk Markovits <— super-bargain priced, and currently # 37 in all of Amazon Kindle. Sounds like it might have that “war era/epic-story feel” like our beloved The Nightingale and The Bronze Horseman… “With the rise of communism in central Europe, the family moves to Paris, to the Marais, where Zalman tries to raise his children apart from the city in which they live. Mila’s faith intensifies, while her beloved sister Atara discovers a world of books and learning that she cannot ignore. A beautifully crafted, emotionally gripping story of what happens when unwavering love, unyielding law, and centuries of tradition collide…

And now back to our regularly scheduled program (yesterday’s Friday Finds!!) :P

TGIF!!! Here’s your weekly dose of Friday goodies… from surprise new releases, to the most recent reader favorites. What I love about this list is it’s kind of a feedback list of the some of the latest “new releases”. Those that our book-crew have jumped into, and have come back to specifically recommend. Kind of makes ‘em tried-and-true, which I love!

Don’t forget to check out yesterday’s list. It was a bit of a surprise (Thursday is not the most active release day – LOL!! :P ), and there are a few on there that we are reading as we speak (me too, in fact – almost done and it’s fun, in a gut-twisty, guilty pleasure way). Tee hee! :P  ➜ 10 new book releases, with one that I’m reading right now…

(NOTE: some are/were bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).

Michelle: “…love love Lindy Zart anything!
  • His To Guard: Fate #6 by Elizabeth Reyes <— LIVE!! (each one is a standalone)
  • Lost by Ker Dukey & D.H SIDEBOTTOM  <— LIVE!!
  • Finding North by Carmen Jenner <— LIVE! M/M ROMANCE!!
  • Traveller by Abigail Drake <— LIVE!! HE’S A GYPSY THAT PROTECTS HUMANS FROM bad paranormal things and she needs his protection, but: “Traveller society, full of outdated rules and ridiculous superstitions, isn’t a good fit for the headstrong Emerson. Traveller women aren’t allowed to fight. Traveller women aren’t allowed to win. Traveller women aren’t allowed to leave…
  • Scarred by Joanne Macgregor <— AN ACCIDENT LEFT HER SCARRED & SHE’S STARTING AT A NEW SCHOOL… and the boy she likes, glares at her, but they keep crossing each other’s path and “…tensions are mounting at their school where bullying is rife and Sloane is not the most deeply scarred person…” (super-bargain priced today!)
  • When You Make It Home by Claire Ashby <— SHE’S HIDING HER PREGNANCY BUT HE DISCOVERS HER SECRET!! I remember this one from last year!! It sounds SO GOOD and it’s bargain priced! “When Meg gets sick at a party, she’s mortified. Even worse, Theo Taylor, the guest of honor, discovers her secret. Theo, an Army medic wounded in the war, agrees not to reveal her condition, and the two forge a bond of friendship that blossoms into love.” (I love sweet friendships and bonding and love!!!)

Lee says: “Oh geeez .. tots forgot to ask.. anyone read about the pregnant lady and the marine? that we were talking and it was on sale last week-ish ?? When You Make it Home?? (forgot the name of the author) FABU-LOUS!!!! 5 HUGE Stars for me!!! DA FEELS!!!

DG: Started on Dark Room (Society X) this morning…..HOLY COW!!!! Dark room…duh, no names, no exchanging phone numbers, AND no speaking! *fanning self* Definitely gonna be a HOT weekend and I’m not talking temperatures ladies!!!!

Anne: DG I loved The Dark Room! It was hot but still so sweet.

DG: Holy Hotness!!!! Finished Dark Room ….at the ball field. Could NOT put it down….. HOT and sweetness all rolled up into a Parker!! *swoon*

Maryse: Wow… DG… it must have been SO good for you to finish it there!!! LOL! *looks up Dark Room…*

• Love Me Tenor (Perfect Harmony) by Annabeth Albert <— M/M ROMANCE and fabi is loving it! “I’m at 86% of Love Me Tenor and its another winner.”
  • Oblivion (A Lux Novel) by Jennifer L. Armentrout <— SO MANY LOVE THIS SERIES ALERT!! Look what Amy just found us at a super-bargain price!! “Daemon lovers…Oblivion…*happy Lux dance*
fabi: a companion to her Lux series. It’s called Oblivion and will be Daemon’s POV with some new scenes. I love that series. Can’t wait for more D.
  • Stanton Adore: (Stanton #1) by T L Swan <— FORBIDDEN TABOO LOVE ALERT!!! YAY!!! P.S. It’s a trilogy but ALL three books are out! Danielle found us this one saying:

Danielle: I’m not sure why Stanton Adore by T.L. Swan isn’t really on anyone’s radar. It’s taboo and super angsty! It is a trilogy though, so be prepared for cliffhangers.

Maryse: Danielle… cliffhangers are AWESOME!! When all of the books are out, that is. ;) Tee hee! And in this case, they appear to be. YAY!!!

• Stanton Unconditional: (Stanton #2) by T L Swan
  • Stanton Completely: (Stanton #3) by T L Swan
    1. For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
    2. AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —>Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT AN AH-MAZING PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).

Just a few pre-orders to look forward to (like… early next week):

1. Beautiful Boss (The Beautiful Series) by Christina Lauren - February 29th 2016
  2. THE ARRANGEMENT 21 (THE FERRO FAMILY) by H.M. Ward - February 29th 2016
  3. MC Chronicles: The Diary of Bink Cummings: Vol 4 (Motorcycle Club Novella) by Bink Cummings - February 29th 2016
  4. This is War, Baby by K Webster - February 29th 2016 <— VERY DARK ROMANCE ALERT!!
  5. Crave by Teresa Mummert - February 29th 2016
  6. Midnight Lily by Mia Sheridan <— March 1st 2016
  7. Midnight Bites: Stories of the Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine - March 1st 2016
  8. Midnight Marked: A Chicagoland Vampires Novel by Chloe Neill – March 1st 2016
  9. Sinner’s Creed (A Sinner’s Creed Novel) by Kim Jones – March 1st 2016
  10. Exposed: A Madame X Novel by Jasinda Wilder - March 1st 2016
  11. So Much More by Kim Holden <— Look what’s up for PRE-ORDER!!!! KIM. HOLDEN. <— !!!! March 29th!!

“I thought I wanted her. I thought I needed her.

Over time reality crept in and slowly dissected and disemboweled my dreams like a predator, leaving behind a rotting carcass.

Reality can be a fierce bitch.
So can Miranda.

And I can be a fool…
who believes in dreams.

And people.

And love.”

Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).

Amy February 26, 2016 at 1:24 PM

Daemon lovers…Obliovion is .99!!! *happy Lux dance*

Maryse February 26, 2016 at 1:33 PM

YAY!! ! I’m adding it. SO GOOOOOOD!

Tessa February 26, 2016 at 1:42 PM

*Ore clicks Oblivion*

DG February 26, 2016 at 2:17 PM

OK ladies….I caved and start reading Ricochet….got to say, it’s pretty intense. But I am all in!

Maryse February 26, 2016 at 2:22 PM

Niki February 26, 2016 at 2:33 PM

Just finished Yes, Mr. Van Der Wells. It was on the list a few weeks ago and I loved it!!! So good..5 stars for sure!! I think I need to read more by S. Ann Cole for sure!!! Spoiler alert though… she does use some GOT references so if you are not caught up on the show don’t read this until then!!!

Fabi February 26, 2016 at 3:51 PM

I one-clickism Finding North. Not because I need another book in my tbr, but because mm has become my favorite sub-genre lately and this one sounds fantastic.

Besides, I’m at 90% of Morning Star and so upset that I’m feeling nauseous. (Michelle!!! I just…I can’t…my freakin gory damn heart is broken.) I will need a break from sci-fi after this one.

DG February 26, 2016 at 3:52 PM

Halfway thru and definitely will be finishing it tonight! An Eye for an Eye…so far I am loving it too Maryse!!!

Fabi February 26, 2016 at 3:52 PM

*I one-clickism? Well…I guess I’ll go with that. &%@£# phone

Cheryl February 26, 2016 at 4:05 PM

Any word on when The Wall of Winnipeg is being released? The author said end of February.

Maryse February 26, 2016 at 4:12 PM

LOL!!! That is our new term!!

We are afflicted with one-clickism!!!!

YES. Perfectly auto-corrected, fabi! :D

Maryse February 26, 2016 at 4:15 PM

Any minute now Cheryl. Or day. ;)

On February 15th she said:

“LOL! Give me another week and a half minimum :P I just need to make sure it’s the best version of itself before I hit publish!”

Maryse February 26, 2016 at 4:16 PM

Niki what is GOT?

I’m not so good at acronyms. LOL!!!

Tessa February 26, 2016 at 4:38 PM

Game of Thrones. :)

Maryse February 26, 2016 at 5:03 PM

Oh. :) Yes… of course!

*slightly embarrassed*

Thank you!!! :P

Cheryl February 26, 2016 at 5:25 PM

Thanks Maryse!! Crossing fingers for any minute.

Michelle February 26, 2016 at 6:51 PM

Fabi, just finish it…seriously keep going because a whole lotta ‘stuff’ happens that may help your heart. You also will understand why I hate Mustang…

Fabi February 26, 2016 at 6:53 PM

well…yeah…I’m not going to bail on the last 10%. But I am taking a break. I probably won’t finish until next week. Although, I have been DYING to know why you hate Mustang.

Amy February 26, 2016 at 6:55 PM

One-clickism…I love it!! Your autocorrect knew *exactly* what it was doing.

Speaking of waiting on releases…where the HECK is the last Holy Trinity book?!? Ms. Sheehan is killin’ me here.

Fabi February 26, 2016 at 6:56 PM

btw…I’ve said it before…but it bears repeating. The biggest mistake I made was not re-reading Golden Son before starting this book. I feel like I lost so much because I was in a stupid hurry. Even after I SAW you double back and re-read GS, I still stormed forward with Morning Star. And…there is just so much I’ve forgotten that lessens the impacts in this book. :-( Next time, hit me over the head would you please?

Michelle February 26, 2016 at 6:58 PM

I never liked her but this one decision at the end was a ‘oh hell no’ moment for me. She’s so not good enough for Darrow, just saying ;)

Amy February 26, 2016 at 7:00 PM

OOOH!! Look at these swatches!

Something about seeing the polish actually on the nail makes me want every one of those colors, even if I already have colors similar to at least half of those. You can NEVER have enough nail polish. ;)

Michelle February 26, 2016 at 7:01 PM

It would lessen the impact not having GS fresh in your mind. I wanted to storm ahead but I got a few chapters in and had to go back to GS. I think I mostly gave it 4* for Mustang and the slower parts. The highs were sooooo awesome though. Still love the whole series hard!

Fabi February 26, 2016 at 7:04 PM

Yup, the series as a whole…damn, but this guy can write. So incredibly original.

Michelle February 26, 2016 at 7:05 PM

Ooo that blue cream, lt pink, and probably the peach/orange cream will be mine.

Cheryl February 26, 2016 at 7:06 PM

Maryse, how’s Slip of The Tongue? *gah, that just sounds wrong* I haven’t been able to decide on my next read and that was on my tbr next list. Just wasn’t sure if I wanted to read it right after Ground Rules.

Michelle February 26, 2016 at 7:06 PM

I can’t wait until his next book. I will autobuy anything he writes!

Cheryl February 26, 2016 at 7:07 PM

Awww, shiny, pretty colors Amy! Can’t wait for spring.

Fabi February 26, 2016 at 7:07 PM

uh uh, nope, that peach/orange is mine

Michelle February 26, 2016 at 7:07 PM

Oh yeah where is the last Holy Trinity book?! Y’all got me to read the series and now I’m left hanging :(

Amy February 26, 2016 at 7:12 PM

“Slip of the Tongue” and “left hanging”…

Cheryl February 26, 2016 at 7:15 PM

Amy, are you sure you’re not a ten year old boy?!! ;)

Fabi February 26, 2016 at 7:23 PM

lol, I think Amy has been accused of that before

Amy February 26, 2016 at 7:27 PM

I *have* been accused of that before, by Bev…something about my name being Andy and my work actually being HOME-work, LOL!

Maryse February 26, 2016 at 7:45 PM

*snort* :P

And I’m her 10 year old twin!

Maryse February 26, 2016 at 7:46 PM

Cheryl… I’m liking it for the angst value, but I’m mad at her, I’m mad at her husband, I’m mad at her neighbor,..

And yet? I understand them ALL. But GAH!!!!! They are all kind of jerks.. a little. ;) A lot. Depends on who, and what scene it is. But honestly? Her husband WAS SO awesome and *maybe* he has a point and yet is SUCH A JERK, so I can’t even know if I’m on his side.

And then she is too. UGH!!! And yet I understand her… oh yes.

And then her neighbor is too… but then… *sigh* I’m a mess.

Maryse February 26, 2016 at 7:49 PM

The nail polish swatches are BEAUTIFUL. I gravitate towards the pink one, the coral colored one and the beige one (the darker one, of the two nudes). ESPECIALLY THAT ONE.

Maryse February 26, 2016 at 7:52 PM

Usually I’m pink, but these days I’m more… nude.

*snort* :P

Cheryl February 26, 2016 at 7:57 PM

Hmmm, I’m not sure what to think Maryse. A mess…I was just that reading TGR…but it does sound interesting…

Cheryl February 26, 2016 at 7:58 PM

Nude…wait for it… Amy?!

Amy February 26, 2016 at 8:25 PM

Maryse is nude and reading Slip of the Tongue?!? *cackles and falls back on the couch* :P

You SO are my 10-year-old twin, you perv!! LOl!!!

Lisa February 26, 2016 at 8:28 PM

Love that OPI range Amy…the corals, pinks…all but the Green. No doubt we wont have it here for months. :(

Just finished Soulless (King #4). Best bit was the little pre-epilogue gift at the end. Hot and gritty and probably 3.5 tattooed stars for me as its much of the same.

Grey February 26, 2016 at 9:00 PM

Ooooh, nail polish!!! SHINY!!!! Let me Bayou a drink! I Manicure for beads, Spare me a French Quarter and Take a Right on Bourbon will be mine… all of them… yeah, I have a problem.

So I bought Specimen… and forgot that I’d started another book *giggle* oopsie…44 chapters about 4 men.

And today is payday… and um… my half birthday was this week (excuses, I’ve gotta million) and my oneclickism is RAMPANT today!

Maryse February 26, 2016 at 10:12 PM

Tessa February 26, 2016 at 10:29 PM

I want the blue, the coral, the red, and the green. :) That green is so pretty. It looks like grass and fully spring. The blue was blah until I saw the silver shimmer. Yep, shinies!

bev February 26, 2016 at 10:55 PM

Cheryl you know who likes a shiny?
Crows, that’s who.
Know where you find crows?
Written in Red, that’s where.

bev February 26, 2016 at 10:56 PM

Fabi, Simon vs. The HomoSapiens Agenda!

Lisa February 26, 2016 at 11:02 PM

Ooooo. Is there another courtyard tale coming soon??? I miss the Crows. And the ponies.

bev February 26, 2016 at 11:18 PM

The 8th!!!

Cheryl February 26, 2016 at 11:57 PM

Subtle, Bev, very subtle!!

Maryse February 27, 2016 at 12:31 AM

Tee hee!!!! I love bev’s subtlety. :P

Lisa February 27, 2016 at 1:42 AM

Yep. And I’ve already pre-ordered it evidently. My one-clickism is out of conttol…..I have no idea what I’ve bought and half the time, no idea what I’ve read.

Fabi February 27, 2016 at 7:35 AM

Bev, I have that one queued up. I don’t know know why I haven’t read it yet. It’s one of those I keep meaning to read.

One-clickism *snort* score one for the autocorrect

Stephanie February 27, 2016 at 12:24 PM

Amy, I got a pedicure yesterday afternoon and them put She’s a Bad Muffeletta on my toes. A little bright but it’s growing me. By the way, what does Muffeletta mean? Their color names are usually some kind of play on words but I don’t get this one.

Cheryl February 27, 2016 at 12:26 PM

The Broken Road series sounds good, but I’m unsure if it ends with book 2. Anyone know if this is complete? I don’t want to look too closely at the reviews/book 2 blurbs and read too much.

Speaking of roads, I decided to read The Mother Road which was in my tbr. I needed something funny/lighthearted and this is exactly that!! (I’ll then start Slip of The Tongue). An example from TMR:
“Have you ever listened to a solo trombone play an ode to America in a perfectly echoed room? If you haven’t, try this. Eat a hot dog after being a quasi-veggie for a while and see what happens. My a$$ is convinced it’s a solo artist putting on a performance for the porcelain gods as it sings a little ditty of plops and toots to anyone who wants to listen.”

MichelleS February 27, 2016 at 12:35 PM

Muffeletta is a Cajun dish, I think. It’s on the menu at a local restaurant. haven’t ever ordered it. Means you’re a naughty little Cajun girl! ha!

Holy Trinity – Michelle, we are all anxiously awaiting that one.

Off to the dentist on a Saturday (that should be illegal). Then maybe I can get some reading in later.

Maryse February 27, 2016 at 12:54 PM

Cheryl… I just looked it up and there will be a third one…

The author says:

“The cover is being revealed on March 24th… hopefully will be ready in July 2016″

Cheryl February 27, 2016 at 1:21 PM

Thanks Maryse!! Glad I didn’t start that one. *puts on waiting for sequel list*

bev February 27, 2016 at 1:24 PM

Never had a traditional one but you can buy the olive salad in jars. That Ive had on sandwiches and its good. But I love green olives.

bev February 27, 2016 at 1:24 PM
Amy February 27, 2016 at 1:50 PM

Stephanie…you’re already wearing one of the colors we’ve been drooling over, LUCKY!!

I love the names OPI uses for their polishes. One of my favorite collections is the Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (the colors all have a dusky or murky-ish hue to them and are beautiful) and the names are great…Steady As She Rose (“steady as she goes”), Mermaid Tears, Sparrow Me the Drama (Jack Sparrow *snort*), Skull and Glossbones, Planks a Lot.

Doesn’t hurt that I loved the movie, too. ;) And Sam Claflin (of Me Before You) as a crazy hot missionary who falls in love with a mermaid. *swoooooon*

Amy February 27, 2016 at 1:54 PM

Bev! You love green olives, too??? I don’t know many people who love them like I do. You’ve tried tapenade, haven’t you? But without the anchovies, for me at least. And kalamata olives. Oh my YUM.

LOL Cheryl! I was reading that passage and kept thinking “WTF?!?”

Oh yuck…dentist on a Saturday? :? That’s just not right, MichelleS…

Stephanie February 27, 2016 at 2:16 PM

Thanks for the info ladies. I bought the color earlier this week at Ulta. I do feel a little bit like a naughty cajun girl.

Cheryl enjoy reading the mother road. I did. Very funny. It gets a little over the top towards the end but I enjoyed it for the most part. I loved the Virgin Romance Writer best and am really looking forward to the sequel.

Stephanie February 27, 2016 at 2:19 PM

Amy I love kalamata olives, especially in pasta with some feta cheese sprinkled on the top. Oh boy, now I’m getting hungry. Now I think I may need to make some for dinner tonight.

Amy February 27, 2016 at 2:30 PM

Stephanie…is the color as beautiful IRL as it is in the swatch? Oh! And those ingredients you just listed reminded me of the Mediterranean salad with quinoa at Panera…just have some chicken and feta added to it and OMG!! It is SO yummy. I loooooooove Panera.

bev February 27, 2016 at 2:41 PM

Yes, love green olives. Tapenade and kalamata too.
I’ve never made tapenade just what I grab at the store, so maybe has anchovies, lol. I would never ask for anchovy in anything—-hate seafood. But I love caesar dressing. I know it is usually an ingredient in it, I just do not look or think about it.

Amy February 27, 2016 at 2:46 PM

Also, their Greek with chicken salad is great but there’s just something about having the quinoa in the other one that makes it unique.

Alright, this is totally going to give credence to Bev’s statement that I’m a teenage boy but I’ve realized I actually CAN feel strong emotions when a book has a male-only POV…when it is a teenage boy, that is. Something about guys in that age group just tugs at my heart, both in books and in real life. They are often treated like they should be grown men in teenagers’ bodies, but despite how they sometimes act they are still so vulnerable and still need adults to look out for them and love them and take care of them.

I say this because I was digging through my Nook and came across The Secret Year, which I bought way back I-have-no-idea when, started reading it and now my heart is hurting for Colt. Very much like when I read I Know It’s Over…holy moly, I was teary-eyed by the end of that one, which I wasn’t expecting. And Jumping Off Swings…one of HIS chapters near the end had me sobbing. *sigh* I know, my reading preferences and double standards and all make no sense sometimes. ;)

Amy February 27, 2016 at 2:48 PM

Bev…get some fresh Belgian endive to scoop up the tapenade instead of bread or crackers. It sounds weird but it’s so freaking good!

DG February 27, 2016 at 2:48 PM

Ricochet…..what can I say….loved it! Loved a little mystery…a little hotness…a lot of revenge!

DG February 27, 2016 at 3:04 PM

Started Scarred…very early in. Feeling a “Bully” confusion vibe….Intrigued. Lots of promise…getting the ‘really good book tingles’ on this one!

DG February 27, 2016 at 3:07 PM

Amy – is it sad that I had to goggle Belgian endive because I had no clue what this was??? (apparently limited palate)

Cheryl February 27, 2016 at 3:36 PM

So hungry now and I think we have a Panera gift card- may have to make a trip there.

Stephanie, it already is over the top, but I have been laughing hysterically with tears running down my face all afternoon and loving it! It reminds me of Pucked Up only on steroids!!

Stephanie February 27, 2016 at 3:58 PM

Amy the color is pretty but just a little brighter than I usually wear since I’m so fair skinned.

Cheryl love the pucked series. I’m catching up on the Lauren Blakey Sinful series now. Spicy and not as intense as the other books I’ve read this week.

Amy February 27, 2016 at 7:53 PM

Hehe…nope, DG. Not sad at all. ;) I only know what it is because I used it in a recipe one time and tried the leftover with some tapenade. That, and I love to cook so I try all kinds of different things.

Stephanie, bright colors that are out of the norm for us are *perfect* on the toenails. For example, I love the bright grassy green and the two blues from that collection, but I will probably only wear them on my toenails. And yet right now I am wearing Zoya Yara which looks like an olive green with a goldish microglitter/shimmer. *shrugs*

Stephanie February 27, 2016 at 7:58 PM

Amy I just looked up that color. I really like it, especially with the gold undertones. Would be good for st Patrick’s day.

Lisa February 27, 2016 at 8:00 PM

Ahhhh. I wake up Sunday morning to not only a bevvie of book recs, but recipes and nail polish advice.
Love you girls. ;)

bev February 27, 2016 at 10:05 PM

Quiet Saturday around these parts today.

bev February 27, 2016 at 10:59 PM

Fabi has a list up.
*looks around*
But who is here to hear about it.

Maryse February 27, 2016 at 11:04 PM

It’s a good list, too…

Grey February 27, 2016 at 11:09 PM

*Blows ref whistle* Wait just a second here… did DG just say she got a “Bully” vib from Scarred???? Screw it, I’m not feeling the book I’m reading atm….

bev February 27, 2016 at 11:12 PM

It is.
I shouldn’t but posting pics. If seen contact Maryse.
“Jean” aka Judi
British accent
Hangs in philly on her yacht The Cat’s Meow

bev February 27, 2016 at 11:20 PM
Tessa February 28, 2016 at 12:00 AM

You chose Spanky pictures for Amy? :) Do I want to know?

DG, you said the words that took me out of lurk mode. Bully *sighs* So one clicked it. I seriously have a weird addiction to Bully books. The stupid jerks.

Maryse February 28, 2016 at 12:15 AM

I love the bully books!! So hard to deal with and makes the “getting there” that much sweeter.

Fabi February 28, 2016 at 12:32 AM

I guess I don’t understand what a “bully” book is. I need an example of one I’ve maybe read or something. Because when I think of “bullies” all I picture are mean school kids. I’m pretty sure that’s not what you’re reading. :-/

bev February 28, 2016 at 12:46 AM

I’m just easily amused. Too easily.

bev February 28, 2016 at 12:46 AM

Fabi, Bully by Penelope Douglas.

Grey February 28, 2016 at 12:59 AM

Oh dear, you guys are talking bully books… I’m talking Bully by Penelope Douglas… kind of the same thing, but different.

Fabi. bully books to me… are when the H is a jerkface to the h because he doesnt know how to process his feelings. Best example to me is Bully haha…Corrupt also by PD. Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward (wow the Penelopes have got it going ON) I think Tessa said the Fear Me/Fear You by BB Reid was a bully book, right?

mmm…Bully books are like my catnip. Love them.

Fabi February 28, 2016 at 1:09 AM

aaahhh, that explains it…

I haven’t read any of them yet. *snort* No wonder I don’t know what y’all are talking about.

Lisa February 28, 2016 at 1:16 AM

Roomhate had a touch of bully about it at the beginning.

bev February 28, 2016 at 11:30 AM

Maryse?? Have you heard of The Widow? Just saw a A review for it. Guess it is a psych/thriller/mystery type like Gone Girl and Girl on the Train. A bit tempted.

Maryse February 28, 2016 at 12:27 PM

bev… I’m making a “psych-thriller” list as we speak and I’m gonna look it up. YAY US!!! :D

Michelle February 28, 2016 at 12:51 PM

Amy, I like that Zoya but really love Dree if you want a classic olive green. I’ve used more than half the bottle which doesn’t happen too often ;)

Finished Charcoal Tears and I’m waiting anxiously until book 2 comes out tomorrow, lucky timing! Seriously really similar to CL Stone’s Academy series but with a supernatural twist, I’m addicted now.

Moving onto Chase the Dark by Annette Marie. I like crossing books off my TBR. Thankfully I had the whole weekend off…whew I was wore out and needed the lazy time :D

bev February 28, 2016 at 1:11 PM

Amy, you should try a sample of Simon vs The Homo Sapien’s Agenda. Since you like YA male pov.

Just about to finish Cottonwood.

Tessa February 28, 2016 at 1:32 PM

Fabi, I could go on and on about bully type books. That’s why for a little while I was reading stepbrother books, because the stepbrother was usually a bully. Best of those is still Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines. *swoons* But then, it became a thing and the books became formatted. Blah

True bully books to me are the ones where the H is just an a**. He’s mean and verbally abusive to the h, even causing others to mock and be cruel to her as well. The angst and emotions it causes keeps me riveted. That’s why you hear me say, nah, the hatred didn’t last long enough. :)

Fabi February 28, 2016 at 2:04 PM

Wow, Tessa. That actually sounds awful. lol It would take major groveling/payback for me to forgive an H like that. —and my unequitable double standard—I could more easiky forgive a bully h than an H. :-/

I don’t think I remember reading any books like that. I’ve never read any of the ones mentioned so far.

bev February 28, 2016 at 2:44 PM

Finished Cottonwood. Very good, but she does like to go dark. Almost time to lighten up with the oscars.
Not sure what will be next.
What is everyone reading?

Fabi February 28, 2016 at 2:53 PM

Bev, I’m not sure she writes anything other than dark.

Fabi February 28, 2016 at 2:57 PM

Oh, and I’m reading an mm ARC coming out next week. Takedown by Sierra Riley. I’m at just over 30% and really liking it so far. One of the Hs is an MMA fighter and I’m getting so many details about the training part of it that’s usually missing in other MMA books I’ve read. I’m totally sucked in.

Tessa February 28, 2016 at 3:10 PM

You read Kulti? :) That was one.

Oooh, I love when they have a job that drew you into buying the book, and they give real details to make it authentic. Those are the best.

Fabi February 28, 2016 at 3:14 PM

Yureeka! Tessa you did it. You found one I’ve read. …and loved!

And, yes, I love books where the author has done the research and we get details whether it’s fighting or sports or music or whatever the MCs are into.

Tessa February 28, 2016 at 4:02 PM

Fabi, have you noticed my rock star issue? So many are rock stars who could be working as McDonald’s for all the detail they give. Either that or they are just poets, making me think the author just wants to show off their poetry. Thus high praise when the details of any job are included. :-)

Fabi February 28, 2016 at 5:02 PM

I have the same issues, especially with the music themed ones. No detail. Might as well be chiminey sweeps.

Grey February 28, 2016 at 6:15 PM

OMG!!! Beautiful Boss by Christina Lauren comes out tomorrow! *Ack* Will & Hanna, I am so incredibly excited, I can’t stand myself at the moment! I’m gonna need a note for work Maryse… I have, um… *new-release-itis* I’m a nurse… it’s a legit medical ailment… trust me!

Tessa February 28, 2016 at 7:02 PM

I did it! It only took me four months *rolls eyes*, but I finally killed that character. Is it wrong to be sad and yet want to dance and celebrate at the same time? lol

Fabi February 28, 2016 at 7:30 PM

Oohhh Tessa way to go girl ! I knew you had it in you. :-)

Stephanie February 28, 2016 at 7:54 PM

Grey I’ve experienced *new-release-itis* a couple times. Funny how it only comes about on a day I’m supposed to work.

Amy February 28, 2016 at 10:01 PM

WTH Bev?!? Spanky??? So I’m short and chubby? Wellllll, I am 5’1″ and…*pinches roll on hip*…prednisone HAS kicked my a$$ in the weight department lately. But thanks for the reminder. *snort*

Amy February 28, 2016 at 10:11 PM

Michelle…Dree is from the “sister” collection of Yara, right? The Smoke & Mirrors collections? I love, love, LOVE those two collections. They are so perfect for the end of the winter season when it is just starting to get warm again but still with a chill in the air…like right now! :D Hence my breaking out those two sets of colors.

Okay, since we’re self-diagnosing here…I have marysesbookblogphilia. Hey, no one ever accused me of being creative so just hush.

bev February 28, 2016 at 10:48 PM

Tessa killed somebody and then danced on his body.
*points at Tessa*

Tessa February 28, 2016 at 10:59 PM

:D Thank you Fabi! Finally did it.

And yes, Bev. Yes I did. Then cried. lol

Amy February 28, 2016 at 11:12 PM

Yeah, well, I bet she didn’t call him short and chubby before she did.

*crosses arms and pouts*

bev February 28, 2016 at 11:35 PM
DG February 29, 2016 at 1:16 PM

Loved Scarred! Yes, I am a couple days behind….intense ball tournaments and yelling my head of does that to a gal. Soooo. Scarred. Take a Bully, a Stalker and throw in some angst! *yikes* All adds up to good little read! Tingles didn’t let me down!

Amy February 29, 2016 at 1:49 PM

Random topic time…

Have any of y’all ever read a book and had a “delayed reaction” to it? Like, the emotions of the book didn’t catch up with you until later, after you had gotten over any irritations or complaints you had so all you had to think about was how devastating the story actually was?

I was just thinking about a book (Things Left Unsaid or Everything Left Unsaid or something like that…I would have to look it up) where I finished it and thought, “well that hurt” but then I went on my merry way. Then the next day – gah, I remember this clearly – I was on my hands and knees in my front yard weeding when a group of adorable teenagers walked by and reminded me of the teens in the book, and BAM! Instant crying. Me, bandana wrapped around my head, in old and holey gardening sweats, crouched over in my flower bed, snot-crying, trying to use my dirty wrist to wipe off my face, getting soil in my eyes and up my nose, all while trying not to let the teens see what a freaking weirdo I was. Anyone have that kind of a delayed reaction to a book?

Maryse March 1, 2016 at 12:49 PM

Amy… my delayed reactions sometimes happen when I hear a song… and it matches the book, and THEN my emotions spill as I remember scenes…