Happy Mother’s Day!! (plus a few Mother’s Day ebook bargains)…

by Maryse on May 12, 2013 · 21 comments

in eBook Deals

My mom and me. ♥ I love her! :D

Tons of authors are celebrating Mother’s Day with ebook deals for all (and Amazon is having a “Mother’s Day Sale” too), so I’ve compiled a list!

And I thought I’d share one of my favorite “mommy and me” pictures from way back when. This is the woman that taught me how to read, would read to me every night, and would snuggle with me on the couch while we’d read together every weekend. She had her Harlequins and Horror, and I had my Sweet Valley Highs, Judy Blume and… horror. ;) And!! This is the woman that introduced me to Twilight. The rest, as they say… is history. ♥ I love you mom!!

“Mother’s Day sale on SHIFTING DREAMS! You can get the book from now until Sunday.”

Lisa May 12, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Awww what a cute pic. Looks like u got her smile. :) nice deals. I loved the Kathleen Turner series. If I weren’t so quick to jump the gun I’d prbly be able to get better deals. I seem to have an itchy trigger finger when it comes to that buy button. Lol

Lise May 12, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Crying right now…*sniff* What a beautiful picture of you and your Mom (love the lots o’ hair) and the wonderful tribute to her.
Reading Moms Rock!

LucyLou May 12, 2013 at 1:57 PM

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY EVERYONE!!! WOW! You look so much like your mother, you could be her clone, Maryse. What a beautiful tribute to your mom. My mom passed away from cancer when I was young, but she was wonderful, she read to me too, she was my best friend and I love and miss her.

Linda F May 12, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Happy Mother’s Day Everyone!
Lovely picture Maryse, thanks for sharing!

Minha (BrazilianGirl) May 12, 2013 at 3:59 PM

You look just like your mom Maryse. It’s a picture to be treasured!
Happy Mother’s Day to all moms out there! :)

Teresa H. May 12, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Such a cute pic. I recently read Breathing His Air by Debra Kayne and loved it.

Stacey H. May 12, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Happy Mother’s Day!!! Beautiful picture. =D P.S. All of these bargain lists are going to give me arthritis in my one click finger. =)

Maryse May 12, 2013 at 7:13 PM

It’s true, LucyLou… we look SO much alike, but my brother got her dimples. I wanted the dimples!! ;)

I love our mothers, and i’m so glad yours read to you too.

Maryse May 12, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Thanks so much, you guys. You see my mom, there? How cute and lovable she seems? This picture captured her true personality perfectly – THAT is how I remember my mom, and how she is even today (tries to cuddle me even though I’m grown) and it will forever be one of my favorites.

Kristina May 12, 2013 at 7:21 PM

LOVE the pic!

Sheri May 12, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Awwwwww….love, love, love that pic! Thanks for sharing with us, Maryse…:o)

Mom May 12, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Thank you Sweetpea for loving me as much as I love you, my life would never have been as fulfilled if I hadn’t had you, you are the best daughter any mother could wish for, I love you with all my heart!

Maryse May 12, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Mommy!!!! *heart*

L Hock May 13, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Just read Strings (Hard Rock Harlots) in one sitting. Hysterical writing and good story. I highly recommend it!
Happy Mom’s Day!

Sharon Chalk May 13, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I am the reader who was looking for :Breathing his Air” and so far so good,I paid $3.99 for it cause I could not wait,so if you like hot biker stories get it while its 99 cents,don’t think that price will last long lol

Lauren May 13, 2013 at 5:41 PM

After i read the latest Sweet Valley High book about Jessica & Liz’s lives after HS & college (Lila on a Housewives of Sweet Valley show?!?), i decided to buy the SVH series for my niece. I had heard they were re-released after being retooled to make them more modern. I skimmed thru em & they haven’t changed much, cell phones & Facebook & iPods were added. Up to date music & cars, & it seemed as if the “sexual situations” were a bit more than the usual hand holding, hugs, & occasional steamy kiss between Liz & Todd. Still, great books for any age!

Maryse May 13, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Oh wow! Great update, Lauren. I haven’t heard those names together in ages, and it brings back memories. Now I wanna read the “where are they now” book u just mentioned. Had no idea it existed, but. Gotta read it. What’s up with Jessica? The bad girl twin. ;)

Lauren May 13, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Would you believe me if I told you Jessica & Todd married each other, breaking Liz’s heart? You’ve gotta read it! Lila & Ken are still together & he’s an NFL player. Bruce Patman is hopelessly in love with Elizabeth but can’t tell her. Oh, their hot brother Steven is gay.

Lauren May 13, 2013 at 7:06 PM

My previous post wasn’t a spoiler, the Liz/Todd/Jessica triangle is explained within the first few pages. It apparently already happened & we read the aftermath of it.

Maryse May 13, 2013 at 7:07 PM

WHAT WHAT WHHHHHAAAAAAAAATTTTT!!!????? Oh. Em. Gee. Oh yes. I have to read it. LOL!!! I’m gonna review a Sweet Valley High book. :D !!!

Maryse May 13, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Darn that Jessica!!!! Always getting everything Elizabeth wants. Identical twins, both gorgeous, and Jessica is still the “hot one”. Grrrrr! ;)

Kinda like… Elizabeth was the “Sandra Dee” of Grease, and Jessica was the “sexy Sandy” version.

Poor Elizabeth. I loved her. She was pretty much the main character of the entire series.

*sigh* this brings me wayyyy back.