Happy New Year Friday Finds! Even More Five-star Reader Recommendations…

by Maryse on January 1, 2016 · 190 comments

in eBook Deals

BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! Never Never: Part Three of Three by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher is coming out this month and just went up for pre-order!! —->

<— WHAT A WAY TO KICK OFF THE NEW YEAR!!!!!! OMG!!!! F*ck Love by Tarryn Fisher is… LIVE!!!! And OH EM GEE THIS PART of the blurb!!! eekeekeekeek

“It could all be so beautiful … if he wasn’t dating her best friend.
Helena must defy her heart, do the right thing, and think of others.
Until she doesn’t.”

*gasp* And you know Tarryn Fisher’s brand of angst and “love”. OH this is my NOW read!!!! LIKE RIGHT NOW!!!

Stella: Tarryn Fisher’s “F*CK LOVE” is live on Amazon everyone!!! I <3 anything that woman writes!! One clicking it now! :D Happy Reading & Happy New Year!

Amy: F*CK LOVE!!!! I’m SO beyond ready to have my gut, heart and ovaries punched by a story from that woman…what a perfect way to start the new year. :D Greasy hangover breakfast…check. Blankie fort…check. Manny the stuffed manatee…check. F*ck Love…CHECK!!!!! Who’s reading it with me???

Maryse: I AM!!! ME ME ME ME!! First BUDDY READ OF THE YEAR!!! :D

I have no doubt this one’ll end up on my best of 2016 list!!! :D And for those of you that missed it, look what I posted yesterday ➜ Maryse’s 2015 Top Ten Favorite Books List!!

P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).

P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! :D )

JUST RELEASED!!!! SURPRISE!!! :D

1. F*ck Love by Tarryn Fisher <— MINE NOW!!!!!! MINE MINE MINE!!!!!! *happy wiggle*
  2. Anna And The Vampire Prince (Anna Strong, Vampire Book 1) by Jeanne C. Stein
  3. Stolen (Billionaire Lovers Book 1) by Drew Sinclair <— WEALTHY MAN INHERITS SISTER’S CHILDREN & THEIR NANNY ALERT! “Warren Stone is living the life of a super rich, young, good-looking bachelor when he gets news that his estranged sister Miriam has left him a family in her will. Two young children to be exact, together with their nanny Joy Stephen’s, who will share their joint custody with him…”
  4. Wife Me Bad Boy by Chance Carter <— OKAY… THAT TITLE ALONE DESERVES AN ALERT!! LOL!! “I’ve been in love with him ever since he arrived on my father’s farm. I was in high school at the time, now I’m in my thirties, and I just can’t get over him…”
  5. Crimson Cove by Eden Butler <— MEANEST BOY IN SCHOOL ALERT!Ten years ago Janiver Benoit stole a kiss from the meanest boy in school. He never forgot.”
  6. Pieces of Me (A BWWM Coffee House Romance) by Kirby Elaine <— SCARRED EX MILITARY HERO ALERT! “Still battling the physical and emotional scars of war, Army Veteran Jason Bowman, never expects to meet his match in the upbeat introvert Kylie Oliver. But Kylie may not be as put together as she comes across…”
  7. Love, Lies, and Dog Tags by Diana Fisher <— SCHOOL TEACHER’S SHATTERED WORLD ALERT!Riley landed a full time job at the local school teaching the senior class for the upcoming school year. What she doesn’t expect is to meet Max Marcus, the man who stormed into her life…

FIVE-STAR READER RECOMMENDATIONS (and bargain finds!) :D (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).

1. The Deal (Off-Campus Book 1) by Elle Kennedy <— MADE MY BEST OF 2015 LIST!!!
  2. The Mistake (Off-Campus Book 2) by Elle Kennedy <— And book #2, too!! :D
  3. TAKING THE FALL – The Complete Series: Part One, Part, Two, Part Three & Part Four by Alexa Riley <— THE WHOLE SERIES BUNDLED!!! She goes into hiding when she realizes the love of her life betrayed her and… “Carter has waited eight years to claim his woman. Locking him up only fueled his obsession. The day he gets out he’s coming for her. Taking the Fall was just the start. Now he’ll stop at nothing to possess what’s his.
  4. Iron & Bone (Lock & Key Book 3) by Cat Porter <— AWESOME BIKER-BOOK ALERT! Kandace highly recommends this latest release! “I read Cat Porter’s newest book Iron and Bone and a loved it. I don’t know what it is about her words but she’s able to weave us a story full of hot alpha men with lots feels, mystery, suspense mixed with lots of chemistry. This is an MC book and is written as a standalone. I do think you’ll appreciate the characters more if you read Lock and Key first.
  5. Alexa Riley <— SUPER STEAMY SEXY QUICK READS! Lauren found us these!! “All of Alexa Riley’s books are…, now is your chance to stock up on the ones you haven’t read….if there ARE any you haven’t already read!”
  6. The Man I Love (The Fish Tales Book 1) by Suanne Laqueur <— MADE MY BEST OF 2015 LIST!!! Athena just discovered the “duet” that I read a couple of weeks ago, and I loved! In fact, they made my best of 2015 list! And she agrees!! “It”s been awhile…Happy Holidays first and foremost! Secondly I have been in a wonderful world created by Suanne Laqueur and I need to share it with everyone who appreciates great writing and a storyteller like no other!! The series is called The Fish Tales and 2 books are out with the third coming out January 14th, I can’t wait I so miss these amazing characters. I would go into this book blind and let this beautiful journey unfold. I at times get disappointed when it comes to series but truly this author has talent and needs to be enjoyed, this is also her debut in writing and let me tell you there is a new author in town and she is superb! Hollywood take notice this series can easily be on the big screen or even delved in deeper with a series on HBO, Showtime…no more gushing just go, read, cry, laugh and enjoy!!”
  7. Where One Goes by B N Toler <— ALL THE FEELS ALERT! Nicole went crazy for this one! “Holy moly a while ago you had a book in your list called Where One Goes by B N Tolar and it was Awesome! I can’t stop thinking about this book!!! So good and the feels Read this NOW! You will not be disappointed!
  8. Illusion (Swept Away Book 1) by J.S. Cooper <— TWO STRANGERS KIDNAPPED AND LEFT ON A DESERTED ISLAND ALONE TOGETHER ALERT! <— Kennedy recommends this exciting sounding series “I just finished reading this series and it was absolutely amazing. It kept me guessing throughout and included several steamy scenes as well.”
  9. Right Next Door by A.J. Pryor <— OMG THE BLURB ALERT!!!!! “My fiancé is officially a married man. The only problem is that he isn’t married to me. . .
  10. And for AUDIOBOOK L:PVERS

• For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
  • AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT AN AH-MAZING PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
  • H.A.L.F.: The Deep Beneath by Natalie Wright <— Fabi is loving this one! “I just randomly started reading (listening to) H.A.L.F: The Deep Beneath and OMG it is so good. I only got to chapter 4 on my drive home but if it keeps up at this pace, I’m going to love it.”

PRE-ORDERS (next week’s)

1. Built: Saints of Denver by Jay Crownover – January 5th 2016
  2. Missed Connection by K. Larsen and Mara White - January 5th 2016
  3. Fighting Dirty: Worth the Fight Series by Sidney Halston - January 5th 2016
  4. Never Tear Us Apart by Monica Murphy - January 5th 2016
  5. House of the Rising Son by Sherrilyn Kenyon - January 5th 2016
  6. Seduction in Session: The Perfect Gentlemen by Shayla Black and Lexi Blake - January 5th 2016
  7. An Ounce of Hope (A Pound of Flesh Book 3) by Sophie Jackson – January 5th 2016
  8. Fighting Dirty: Worth the Fight Series by Sidney Halston - January 5th 2016
  9. The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson Book 9) by Darynda Jones - January 5th 2016
  10. Wicked Lust (The Wicked Horse Book 2) by Sawyer Bennett – January 5th 2016
  11. Beast by Jenika Snow & Sam Crescent – January 5th 2016
  12. Take: Need part 2 by K.I. Lynn - January 6th 2016
  13. Counter To My Intelligence (The Heroes of The Dixie Wardens MC Book 7) by Lani Lynn Vale - January 6th 2016
  14. Big Rock: (A Sexy Standalone Contemporary Romance) by Lauren Blakely – Jan 6th 2016
  15. Never Never: Part Three of Three by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher – Jan 26th 2016!!!!!

Anne January 1, 2016 at 11:53 AM

Oh F*ck Love sounds like my type of book! One clicking now!!

Theresa January 1, 2016 at 12:02 PM

Ok I. Just started reading the Deal! Do I buy the Mistake – has anybody read it?

Theresa January 1, 2016 at 12:03 PM

The first 2 books in the Storm- Samatha Towle is on sale. Been waiting so I could read through at once

Amy January 1, 2016 at 12:22 PM

I’m seriously giddy right now over FL. Absolutely GIDDY!!!! And Anne is in on the BR, too!!

Theresa, The Mistake is about another couple. I thought it was really good but The Deal is definitely my favorite out of the two.

Amy January 1, 2016 at 12:29 PM

Oh hey, I wanted to throw this one out there…Modern Women by Ruth Harris, and it’s free right now! The blurb definitely caught my attention, but then I read the blurbs of the other books in the series, particularly book 1, and now I REALLY want to give them a shot. I’m going to start with the free book before I buy the others to see if I like her writing style, but they sound promising. :D

After I get my TF fix, that is. ;)

Grey January 1, 2016 at 12:45 PM

OMG… F*ck Love, a new Tarryn Fisher. Sign me up!

Maryse, I used the Contact me feature on here last night to send you my 2015 list… let me know if you got it *wink*

bev January 1, 2016 at 12:48 PM

I think I will take the plunge. Might as well shake up the new year, right. Then right into MichelleS’ rec.:-)

Theresa I really liked the Mistake. It has some really funny moments, I would try to grab both.

bev January 1, 2016 at 1:01 PM

I want to read Sebring when it comes out. Though I’m becoming, um, wary, maybe about her books. Just very hit and miss this past year for me.

Michelle &Fabi Later this month a Captive Prince read? 3rd comes out Feb 2 & want to, need to, refresh. Tessa & MichelleS you two may like it as well? Give it a glance. Just super excited to finally get the 3rd.

Maryse January 1, 2016 at 1:55 PM

I sure did get it Grey!!!! Guess what’s going up shortly. ;)

Tee hee!!!! I love you guys!

Fabi January 1, 2016 at 2:09 PM

Bev, I’m in. I’ve been holding off on it until our BR. Just try to schedule it around the BR we have with Grey’s group. We’re reading The Score, although I don’t have a BR read date yet for it. Grey? Are you lost in LoA?

Theresa I think you’ll love The Deal. So many of us did. The Mistake is awesome too. Elle Kennedy quickly became one of my favorite authors.

Jean? How’s Caged doing for you? I know it gets more and more intense with each book.

I am happily lost in the world of The Last Hour of Gann. There is no doubt that these epic length books are my favorite kind. And R. Lee Smith is one of my favorite authors now.

Fabi January 1, 2016 at 2:14 PM

From Caethes Faron:
Happy New Year!
Thank you for all of your support for the Measure of Devotion Trilogy Box Set sale! I know a lot of you purchased and shared the sale with your friends. It hit #1 in Gay Romance and #343 for the entire Kindle US store, which is a first for any of my books! Today is the last day to grab it at $0.99 if you’re in the US or UK.

Amazon US http://caethesfaron.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6afc382cc10dc2f1c267e3d6c&id=09943f265e&e=1471edce91
Amazon UK http://caethesfaron.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6afc382cc10dc2f1c267e3d6c&id=ae894b2085&e=1471edce91

Guys, if you like reading mm, don’t miss the Measure of Devotion. A 5*+++ read, I promise you. Heartbreaking and intense.

bev January 1, 2016 at 2:25 PM

Awesome, Fabi. :-) It looks like the Score is out on the 11th. Just let me know when your ready to jump into another book. And CP isn’t too long. It says 241 pages on kindle. I’m thinking I may tackle The Last hour of G next month. Know its epic in length.

Jean January 1, 2016 at 2:41 PM

Fabi, I’m loving the Caged series….. the turn regarding her background threw me… wasn’t expecting it at all! I thought I was back in the LoA series for a little bit there! I’m going to read FL now with everyone and take a break before starting the third Caged book. Thanks for the recommendation. I love it, it’s so different!

Amy January 1, 2016 at 2:47 PM

Best. Dedication. Ever.

“For my haters F*ck you”

(Only there was no asterisk ;) )

Tarryn Fisher rocks.

Jean January 1, 2016 at 2:54 PM

Ha just read that Amy and could not help but laugh out loud! Typical Tarryn. Starting now!

bev January 1, 2016 at 2:54 PM

Uh-oh. Now what if I don’t like the book?

I was just reminded of something. On the SBTB blog in the comments they have it where you can hide spoilers. I’m not sure how though. But it is something in how you type it out. So that all any one sees in a pink box is spoiler. Then if you want to read it you tap the box and it expands to show the text.

Fabi January 1, 2016 at 2:57 PM

GR allows the same thing with HTML spoiler tags. …

Amy January 1, 2016 at 3:34 PM

Jean, right?!?

Bev is in, too??? And Grey?? Woo-hooooo!!!! Ooh, I want some Earl Grey tea with sugar and milk now…

Now Bev, you *are* aware of TF’s style, aren’t you? ;)

Tessa January 1, 2016 at 3:51 PM

What Captive Prince book? Oh, and yes. I’ll definitely read The Score. Elle Kennedy’s books are insanely good.

You know, I’ve yet to read a Taryn Fisher book. I have The Opportunist, but haven’t gotten around to it.

First book of the year read, Elven Blood (Imp series). I love those books.

Tessa January 1, 2016 at 3:59 PM

Oooh, Jan 14 The Power from Jennifer Armentrout is coming out and Never Never 3 is Jan 26. I guess one Taryn Fisher book, Never, Never. :-P

Cheryl January 1, 2016 at 4:10 PM

Forgot about F*ck Love- I’m in!!!

Just finished reading Forget & Blur- I can’t remember who recommended them but *swoon* I have a new BBF- Dylan. Just loved these books. Definitely a 5* read for me. Going for a run to clear my head, because I’m in a book haze after finishing and I’m sure with TF I have to prepare myself for her f*ck fest of a read!!

Theresa, I agree with Fabi, loved The Deal and The Mistake and Elle Kennedy is one of my fav authors now.

Happy New Year everyone!!!! :)

Cheryl January 1, 2016 at 4:11 PM

Also in for reading The Score when it comes out!! Already in my wish list!!

Fabi January 1, 2016 at 4:33 PM

Tessa, I’m excited about the new JA book coming out. Also, like you, I think Never, Never is the only TF book I’ve read. But, all the commentary on her plots scared me off. I would have jumped at a title like this new one but everyone’s opinion of TF books just makes me skittesh.

Tessa January 1, 2016 at 5:07 PM

Fabi, did you read Titan? Gah Seth! I love the arrogant jerk! That’s why I avoid TF! Every phrase has scared me.

Michelle January 1, 2016 at 5:21 PM

Bev yes I’m in for Captive Prince. I bought it but need the push. As long as we start it before the last week in Jan. I’m good for anytime.

Ooo I really want to join in the BR of F*ck Love but my current read is too good. I will read it next week likely. Getting some very good reveiws!

Fabi January 1, 2016 at 5:58 PM

Tessa, Titan by John Varley? The agaia books? Or a TF book I’m not familiar with. I’m pretty sure Never Never is the only one I read and only because of CH

MichelleS January 1, 2016 at 6:11 PM

Fabi – I know what you mean about “epic length” (I am at 90% with Land of the Beautiful Dead” and still have almost 2 hours of reading left according to my Kindle.) But it’s so worth it. Isn’t TLHoG amazing? So glad Maryse listed it here a while back. Lizard man and all of his spine flicking and praying and counting – I loved everything.

Fabi January 1, 2016 at 6:18 PM

Absolutely. I have Dead lined up to read too. But right now I have no interest in leaving this exceptional work of Gann. Although I’m dying to know of my theory is correct.

MichelleS January 1, 2016 at 6:31 PM

I was way off with my theory. I had to take a break in between, because they really are LONG books. And while beautiful and epic and smart, they are very dark.

Amy January 1, 2016 at 7:19 PM

I want to crawl in my iPad and be friends with Helena and talk with her every day.

I know that sounds weird. Shut up.

Tessa January 1, 2016 at 8:26 PM

The Titan comment was referring to the JA comment. :) Sorry. I feel like re-reading The Titan to prepare myself for The Power. Also, I get more Yummy Seth that way.

Tessa January 1, 2016 at 8:29 PM

OMG, it’s The Return, not The Titan. I think I need sleep or something, It’s the Titan series.

Who’s Helena?

Anne January 1, 2016 at 9:59 PM

Just finished The Play and oh boy it was HOT! I tell you those Scottish guys know what they are doing lol. It was a great book! Now I cant wait to start F*ck Love :D

Amy January 1, 2016 at 10:12 PM

Tessa…she’s the h in F*ck Love. And I’m lovin’ her. ;)

Lisa January 1, 2016 at 10:39 PM

Im up for a BR or two. So I’m starting F@#$k Love…then The Score then Bev’s rec of Captive Prince…right?

Anne January 1, 2016 at 10:42 PM

Amy I love Helena too!! I want to be her BFF!

Cheryl January 1, 2016 at 11:35 PM

WOW. *blink* Not sure what to say about Helena yet. Is it the power of persuasion??

Amy & Anne where are you at in the book? I’m at 20%. I think because it is TF I keep thinking everything means something and its probably not what it seems. I think I’m f*cking with myself. *sush Amy*

Anne January 1, 2016 at 11:55 PM

Cheryl I am at 38% and loving this book! I love the Harry Potter references so much!

Theresa January 2, 2016 at 12:04 AM

Fighting Silence, Aly Martinez is .99. If you haven’t started this series you’re gonna want to grab this. Third, and I believe the last, is due out February. Three brothers stories

MichelleS January 2, 2016 at 12:08 AM

Sniffle. Sniffle. Just finished Land of the Beautiful Dead. My makeup is all smeared. So good. I can’t believe it’s over. I think I need

MichelleS January 2, 2016 at 12:09 AM

Oops… I think I need F*CK LOVE just to recover from that. Are you all liking it???

Theresa January 2, 2016 at 12:09 AM

Anne, if you did not get Winter Wishes, part of the Play, I think author is removing forever after today

Cheryl January 2, 2016 at 12:30 AM

Huh, allergic to nuts??

Fabi January 2, 2016 at 1:06 AM

MichelleS isLand of the Beautiful Dead sad? Dammit I just bought it yesterday.

Niki January 2, 2016 at 1:52 AM

Just binge watched Making a Murderer on Netflix…ugh how heartbreaking and horrifying to watch but I was unable to stop.

I need a funny book recommendation!!

Jean January 2, 2016 at 2:07 AM

Cheryl I’m doing the same thing! Loving LF!

Anne January 2, 2016 at 2:48 AM

Its almost 3:00am and I just finished FL. Loved it! It was so refreshing and different. Its a true love story. *sigh* I also loved Helena. She was funny,quirky and relatable. A great book indeed!

Amy January 2, 2016 at 5:34 AM

So…2:34 in the morning, finished F*ck Love, and I’m scratching my head over a couple of things. Maybe those things will make sense after I actually get some sleep.

Or not.

But at least I’m not f$&king with myself. *winks at Cheryl*

Cheryl January 2, 2016 at 10:43 AM

Starting reading FL again. Had to put it down last night or should I say early this morning. Like Amy, several things are bothering me so far, mainly some chronological things, that aren’t.

This sums up how I’m feeling about Kit…”You don’t need anything from anyone, unless it’s the kind of love that chooses you first, always.”

bev January 2, 2016 at 10:46 AM

Well it kept you all reading, that is saying something. I haven’t even started yet, lol.
I had started the Highwayman previously and wanted to.finish it.

Anne January 2, 2016 at 11:48 AM

Cheryl I agree on the chronological thing in FL. I got kinda lost a few times. It was a different kind of book for me in that it doesnt read like a typical romance. I also have to admit that I didn’t connect with Kit like I would’ve liked. Maybe because we saw more of Helena? Despite all this I really did like this book.

Dont know what to read next :/

Jean January 2, 2016 at 12:24 PM

I’m only at 50%. Couldn’t keep my eyes open last night and got side tracked doing a puzzle until 2 am…haha! Then read a little until 3 am.

So, funny story, I met my husband when he was going with one of my best friends. Long story short, we are not friends anymore and I’ve been married for 20 years! This book….It’s bringing up some old memories…

Cheryl January 2, 2016 at 12:38 PM

Finished FL. Not sure what to think, I liked it, but didn’t connect with Kit either. Was it good- yes, just typical, but not typical Tarryn Fisher. *scratches head*

Curious after reading the acknowledgements about the author’s personal life in 2015. Geez, before this she said she was Olivia and she wrote The Opportunist as an apology to her real-life Caleb. *F*ck Love indeed* :(

bev January 2, 2016 at 12:45 PM

I just had to read a couple pages to get an idea. Hmm.
Why do they not just sit down and TALK. lol. And not about your likes and dislikes but about why one of you can’t *spoiler*.
Seriously. Prioritize.

Cheryl January 2, 2016 at 1:07 PM

Bev, the majority of the books we read if the H & h talked, the book would be over, no conflict, no angst, no unnecessary heartbreak!! haha

Fabi January 2, 2016 at 1:09 PM

Cheryl, there are a few, granted, very few, but prized CR reads where there wasn’t unnecessary drama and the MCs actually discussed things as adults should. The books were great as well as refreshing.

bev January 2, 2016 at 1:15 PM

Lol, Cheryl. But if you picked up the blue crayons (now thinking of Keanu) & then that. I’m probably not worried that the furniture is not my taste. BUT those few pages are all I read so far. Hopefully be able to sit down with it later.

bev January 2, 2016 at 1:24 PM

There is a good rock star book called Come Dancing by Leslie Wells that I read. One thing was I sometimes had more curiosity than the heroine about her life than she did. But good book and a bit under the radar.

MichelleS January 2, 2016 at 1:36 PM

Fabi – no, it’s not sad (has sad parts at end, but overall not sad) – I’m just sniffling because it was so good and it’s over….. I think you’ll like it.

So all your early comments about FL made me choose a totally different book, and even though I just started I have a feeling… you know that feeling? I think it may be a good one. Maybe even enough to squee to Maryse about. Haven’t had one of those in a long while. But I am way way premature on that since I just started. It’s called Never Let You Go, by K. Regnery. Oh man…. I have to take down my Christmas tree and all I can think about is getting back to that book.

bev January 2, 2016 at 1:48 PM

Lisa, that would be so fun if you read Captive Prince with us. I didn’t realize she was Australian. Melina Marchetta was an Australian author I read this year and loved the book. And I think Lucy Parker is from New Zealand though her book is set in London.

bev January 2, 2016 at 1:59 PM

Any book resolutions and wants for the new year?

My tbr is always a resolution. *shrug*
Being more choosy about what I one click. But also more open if that makes sense? I want to read more westerns and different historical times and places. I have The Fighter and the Fallen Woman, Tiffany Girl,and a couple Jeannie Lin I hope will fit the bill.
Less internet more reading. If I start to pop up less on here (ha) know I’m reading.

I hope for more banter. I just heard some talk on a bloggers love of flirting in books, agree.
Good sense of place. Slow burn. And time to develop other relationships. I like to see the friendships form.

Jean January 2, 2016 at 2:02 PM

MichelleS!!! I loved that book! Good luck getting back to it! The Vixen and the Vet is great too by K. Regnery, all part of her modern fairytale series! I’m dying for her next one which I think comes out soon.

Fabi January 2, 2016 at 2:04 PM

Thank you MichelleS. I appreciate the feedback.

I am so completely lost in The Last Hour of Gann. I’ve been reading nonstop and am only a bit over halfway through. I never want to leave this book. I think I’ve officially become an R. Lee Smith stalker. I have to read all her works. Maybe I’ll do one of Bev’s “gloms”.

Anne January 2, 2016 at 2:07 PM

So I started reading Badger. Loving it so far although I am just on Chapter 6. I know its an intense read but I am up for it and it was Maryse’s favorite 2015 book so its a no brainer lol

Oh Captive Prince! I love that series! Only one month to go till Kings Rising! Finally!!

Amy January 2, 2016 at 2:07 PM

Okay, my final thoughts on F*ck Love…

If you’re new to Tarryn Fisher and have avoided her books because of our reactions around here, then this is a good one to start with. There’s angst but not the throw-your-Kindle type, at least not for me. This one definitely was milder than The Opportunist and didn’t have the mind-messery of Mud Vein and Marrow, but it still had TF’s “footprint” on it.

After finally getting some sleep, the stuff I was scratching my head about just didn’t seem all that important or at least made a little more sense. I think my problem last night was that I was trying to make more out of everything, trying to find hidden meanings, links, clues, etc., and as long as I take certain events and details at face value then I can stop making my brain work so hard and just love the story for what it was. And I DID love it. It’s not my favorite of TF’s, but I can’t remember the last book that I read in a day, and FL kept me reading straight through until I was finished. I loved Helena’s imperfections and self-deprecation, and I often wanted Kit to take his balls out of Della’s purse and put them back on. But then again, if he had then we wouldn’t have this story, would we? ;)

Anne January 2, 2016 at 2:09 PM

Maryse is it too late to submit my favorite books of 2015 list?

Anne January 2, 2016 at 2:12 PM

Amy I agree with everything you’ve said about FL. I did want to smack Kit a few times but then again he was just a man going through a tough choice. The Opportunist without a doubt is my favorite TF book but FL was still great. Not perfect but great just the same.

Amy January 2, 2016 at 2:17 PM

GAH, Anne! You have to keep us updated with your thoughts so I can re-live Badger vicariously through you. :D

MichelleS…I remember NLYG! It got a bunch of love around here when it came out. It sounds achingly perfect.

Amy January 2, 2016 at 2:23 PM

EXACTLY, Anne. *fistbumps Anne*

Cheryl January 2, 2016 at 2:23 PM

Amy, exactly. I kept waiting for hidden meanings and the wtf moment because it was TF. By the end, I was dislillusioned with Kit and wondering why Helena thought he was worth it. Muslin summed it up so well: “It shouldn’t just be people he chooses you over. But himself as well.” BUT “Have you ever tried to walk away from something you love?” Kit did remind me somewhat of Caleb, who stuck with Leah even though his heart wasn’t in it and he had plenty of opportunities to leave.

Going for some shopping therapy because I feel “melancholic” now.

My resolution is to somehow read more, but also be more productive. My dirty house and fat a$$ will thank me!!

Cheryl January 2, 2016 at 2:26 PM

MichelleS- I loved Never Let You Go!! Haven’t read The Vixen & The Vet but I did read Bidding on Brooks which I also enjoyed!

Cheryl January 2, 2016 at 2:48 PM

OMG was that spoilerish with my comment about Caleb? Feel free to delete Maryse!

Amy January 2, 2016 at 2:53 PM

“My dirty house and fat a$$ will thank me!!” <——– LOL!!!!

Theresa January 2, 2016 at 3:14 PM

The Vixen and the Vet was really good. Pure old fashion romance.

Bethany Lopez January 2, 2016 at 3:22 PM

Finished F*ck Love and Loved It! There was a lot of emotion and angst, and wonderful secondary characters. I really enjoyed Greer and Muslim… (NOT Della, lol). And not everyone is Pro-Kit, but I am!

Deborah January 2, 2016 at 4:21 PM

Maryse….. Have you finished The play yet???? I was waiting for your review to decide if I wanted to read it or not. Also can this be read as a standalone or do I have to read the first 2 books?? I haven’t read any of karina halle’s books yet…so I was hoping this would be my first.

Anne January 2, 2016 at 4:41 PM

Deborah I recently read The Play without reading the first two and I was fine. Read it! Its a great, HOT, book :)

Ok so I have to go to work in a bit but I want to keep reading Badger! Its so good! Its quite messed up read but so great! Poor Badger though. Whats happened to him is so awful!

bev January 2, 2016 at 5:07 PM

Do you ever have parts of a book come to mind, randomly? Landline just did. It is a good read especially if you like the married couples books.

Michelle January 2, 2016 at 5:27 PM

I’m a R Lee Smith stalker too! I finished Heat finally. I liked it more than I initially thought I would. I had to take a lot of breaks and sometimes doing that, lessens the impact of the story for me, but the ending was great; overall 4*. Picked up Cottonwood and The Scholomance for later. I will run out of books by her :(

MichelleS, which did you like better Gann or Dead? I will always remember both – what am imagination she has right?!

Ok back to Dancing on Coals which I LOVE Bev…just love love! Another amazing author :D

bev January 2, 2016 at 6:01 PM

Michelle, have not read that one. Have had it, I think, for a few years, lol.
You know I might just squirrel everything and finally read it.

Michelle January 2, 2016 at 6:33 PM

*chants squirrel, squirrel, squirrel*

bev January 2, 2016 at 6:48 PM

Lol. Oh I am.

bev January 2, 2016 at 8:31 PM

The books I’m looking forward to the most in 2016.
Marked in Flesh
Fire Touched
When Falcons Fall
Captive Prince vol 3
Marrying Mr. Winterborne
Maybe Feverborn……but….
Hopefully a new Strike novel.

Tessa January 2, 2016 at 8:41 PM

I saw that post on Facebook! Mine was Written in Red. After that, The Power, Invision, Feverborn, Arcana Chronicles number four, Magic Binds, The Sea King and a Court of Mist and Fury. I see a pattern!

Lisa January 2, 2016 at 9:18 PM

OK. So I finished FL and have just read some of your feedback. I’m agreeing with Amy on most of her comments. While I really liked Kit I just didn’t get his reluctance to ‘man up’ and I kinda got sick of the self sacrificing going on with both of them.
Oh how I love TF and the way she can drag those emotions out of you. I’m not a person who feels jealous or possessive in a huge way in RL but damn if TF can’t make me feel all these yearning for the wrong things and covetous emotions that feel so foreign and so damn strong. Awesome.
There were a few timeline issues that had me scratching my head too Amy. Sometimes she’d mention a few months had passed by but then the at others it seemed the passage of time was much longer…particularly around things with Annie. Overall a wonderful book to get me off the blocks for 2016. Thanks TF.

Lisa January 2, 2016 at 9:36 PM

AND BEV!!! If you want a western/ historical book to rock your world you have to read Soul Catcher by Michael White and The Tenderness of Wolves by Stef Penney. Both books I couldn’t put down. (Wolves is not The Others style wolves either).

Cheryl January 2, 2016 at 10:02 PM

Damn, I’ve been struggling for the past hour trying to find what to read next. “Cleaned up” my kindle and looked at my tbr list but nothing working for me. Ugh, I hate when this happens…

Lisa January 2, 2016 at 10:07 PM

Cheryl Im not certain who recommended them but I started Forget by N A Alcorn. One of two…a completed series….Blur is the finale. Its really good. Think it was on a readers favorite list.

Jean January 2, 2016 at 10:08 PM

I agree with all the comments on FL. I was just expecting the mind f*ckery that is Tarryn Fisher. I was craving it and just didn’t get any of that. I did like the book though.

Cheryl, I’m having the same problem trying to figure it what to read next.

Lisa January 2, 2016 at 10:10 PM

Deborah and Anne. You both have to read The Offer by Karina Halle. God I loved that book and those Scottish hotties.

bev January 2, 2016 at 10:16 PM

So my nook is completely dead. I’m charging it but that is where Dancing on Coals is. I decided to go back to FL.
You all like HELENA!?! Granted I’m only 12% in. But she has one “dream” & now obsessed and thinking really unkind things about her friend. And what was that texting crap??

bev January 2, 2016 at 10:17 PM

Lisa, I’ll look those up. :-)

Cheryl January 2, 2016 at 10:22 PM

Lisa, that’s so funny I just read those. I agree, they were great!!

bev January 2, 2016 at 10:44 PM

Jean & Cheryl do you know what your in the mood for?

Cheryl January 2, 2016 at 10:54 PM

Bev, a contemporary romance.

Lisa January 2, 2016 at 11:05 PM

Cheryl if you didnt read Jessica Toppers Louder Than Love please do it for me! Its my peanuts pick and Im always trying to get people onboard. Its one that has stayed with me. Love love loved it.

Fabi January 2, 2016 at 11:07 PM

Oh Jean, you outta read the last Caged book. It has all the big reveals and its the most powerful and heartbreaking of the three. I cried. Yup, I really cried.

Tessa, I’m stealing your 2016 list. *snort* just thought I’d let you know.

bev January 2, 2016 at 11:12 PM

Cheryl, the last really good CR I read was Act Like It by Lucy Parker.

Jean January 2, 2016 at 11:57 PM

Ok fabi, you are right. I’m gonna go back to that while it’s still fresh in my mind!

Jean January 3, 2016 at 12:01 AM

Lisa, I loved Louder Than Love! Sooo great! I wish more people would read it!

Bev, I did like Helena, but did not agree with a lot of her actions. I was not connecting with Kit st all. He was a big wuss!

Lisa January 3, 2016 at 12:07 AM

Jean….so glad someone else shares my love for LtL.
And YES….Kit was a bit of a wuss, he would have been more appealing if he grew a set!! :)

Tessa January 3, 2016 at 12:09 AM

*humongous grin* Fabi, go for it. Just a bunch of happy paranormal type of books there. :) I kind of cheated with the Arcana Chronicles 4. I’ve no idea when it is coming out, but supposedly it’s this year. The fact that it is being made into a TV show might have thrown off the time schedule for it. Or, you know, she was busy. That works too. :D

All these comments, I think I’ll wait on F… Love. I still have The Opportunist awaiting me.

bev January 3, 2016 at 12:31 AM

Not far enough along to have an opinion about Kit yet. The Sadie pics just happened. Isnt that who she is setting her self up to be with all the trips to bar & etc? A Sadie.

Lisa January 3, 2016 at 1:42 AM

Tessa The Opportunist, Dirty Red and The Theif are my most loved TF books. I had the joy of discovering them in HC and knowing not much about them and what a twisty gut wrenching journey. I am so envious…..Id lovve to be starting that little trip again. TF is a magician.

Jean January 3, 2016 at 1:50 AM

Tessa, the Opportunist entire series is one of the best series I have ever read! You have to read it!

Deborah January 3, 2016 at 8:46 AM

So I just finished F*ck love and my mind is completely blown…. Keep in mind this is my first Tarryn Fisher book… But now I’m completely obsessed with Muslim black… It never fails I always go for the bad guy… What’s wrong with me??? Will he get his own book?? Is that what she was leading up to at the end??

Jean January 3, 2016 at 9:41 AM

Deborah, I felt a bigger connection to Muslim in the short time we got to know him than I did with Kit. Your first Tarryn read? YOU NEED TO READ THE LOVE ME WITH LIES SERIES IMMEDIATELY IF YOU REALLY IF YOU REALLY WANT YOUR MIND BLOWN! (Yes, I’m screaming)

Cheryl January 3, 2016 at 10:07 AM

Lisa & Bev, I have Louder Than Love and Act Like It in my tbr. Now to decide which one first. Thanks!! :)

Tessa, so jealous you’re reading LMWL series- my fav TF read!!

Yeh, what’s with Muslim Black. I kinda felt he was a gratuitous secondary character. What was his real purpose for being in the book. I know he had some good advice, but?

Maryse January 3, 2016 at 10:22 AM

Deborah, I should be reviewing tonight. :)

Maryse January 3, 2016 at 10:24 AM

Send it over, Anne!! :D I’ll post it for sure!

Grey January 3, 2016 at 10:27 AM

TESSA!!! (where is Ela, btw???) you have not read the LMWL series????) I just read them in 2015, hence Thief being on my top 10 list… wow, yeah girl, TF is an amazing author, I am going to hold off on FL too… just after some of the comments here too. Besides, I’m still on LoA

Anne January 3, 2016 at 1:28 PM

Oh you guys! Badger is taking over my life! I am at 60% and can’t put it down! I have a weird feeling though :/

Maryse I’ll send it over today :D

bev January 3, 2016 at 2:07 PM

You took the Badger plunge, Anne. Brave woman. Not doing it, lol.

Will finish FL when I get back. Then I need a book lift so Dancing on Coals. Then Jacked. This should lead me into The Score & Sebring. Cool to read some tbr books before new ones.

Deborah January 3, 2016 at 3:14 PM

Ok Jean…. I’m trying to decide if I can even handle The love me with lies series. I do love me some angst but FL was pretty high up there and I don’t know if I my heart or my BRAIN can handle more and everyone is saying it’s so much more.* scared*. So I think I’m going to wait and see what Tessa thinks (we seem to have the same taste in books) but for now I need something light… I think I’m going to go ahead and read The Play by Karina Halle… Hopefully that’s a little bit more of a fun read….and this will be my first Karina Halle book….I KNOW, I KNOW I’m really behind…. But I’ve read everything else…..just hit my read 500 books total on goodreads on New Years… I don’t know why but I think of that as a milestone:)

Deborah January 3, 2016 at 3:31 PM

Oh and Cheryl if u want a good, fun contemporary book… may I suggest To Love Jason Thorne… It’s on my bestbookever list and I would put it up there w Hollywood dirt;)

bev January 3, 2016 at 4:30 PM

That was odd. I thought I had Dancing on Coals on my nook. It was the sample. I went to buy now and not available. Had to go to kindle. Feel a bit bad. It has been awhile since I bought from them. And yes they are a big corporate store, but sometimes amazon is such a monopoly, lol. Oh well.

MichelleS January 3, 2016 at 4:42 PM

Michelle / which did I like better? Gann or Dead? Loaded question there. It’s a tie, I think. Each for different reasons. Dead has more secondary characters to like. Gann has that cool world & traditions. Both have anti heroes. Dead had more romance. Can’t answer. Both are 5 star reads for me. What about Heat? Should I read it??

Jean January 3, 2016 at 5:09 PM

Deborah, I get it. A couple other lightheaded and funny reads I love to suggest, Cocky Bastard or Pucked!

bev January 3, 2016 at 5:40 PM

Lisa, I have had Louder than Love in my tbr for a bit now. I remember Maryse really liked it. Seems I also have a novella Deeper than Dreams too.
Maybe after the third Prince book in Feb. Feverborn comes out this month too. A lot of books to get through at my slow pace.

Lisa January 3, 2016 at 5:57 PM

Bev I am going to guilt you into reading it!! Remember not so long ago when I innocently asked ‘what is WiR?’ and you firmly told me I HAD to read it. And I downloaded it immediately and read it in almost one sitting (and it bloody long). Plus I read A Murder of Crows.
Anyway…I think you owe me *chucks a handful of peanuts & runs*

Amy January 3, 2016 at 5:57 PM

Anne, just you wait…months from now your heart will still most likely clench when you see the cover or hear someone mention it. I know mine still does. ;)

Deborah…LMWL (particularly The Opportunist) really is high up there in angst and emotion, but it is SOOOOO worth the crazy, exhausting ride!!

Amy January 3, 2016 at 6:04 PM

It’s been unexpectedly snowing here, so I think this will be perfect to start reading today:

Between that snowy cover and the blurb, I’m sold! :D Now to settle in with my blanket and some hot tea…

Anne January 3, 2016 at 6:31 PM

Deborah To Love Jason Thorne is ready to go on my Kindle once I finish Badger :)

bev January 3, 2016 at 6:36 PM

Done with FL. Did you all see Maryse already reviewed?

bev January 3, 2016 at 6:41 PM

Lisa, as others on here prob know by now, I suck at book swaps. I’m totally unfair in them.
But I will read it soonish. Promised.
Plus if I go on swaps then I owe the Michelles a lot. Totally in debt to them.:-)
Though that was absolutely AWESOME how you jumped into WiR. Seriously.

Amy January 3, 2016 at 6:42 PM

*giggle* F*ck Love…Bev is not impressed.

(If any of you remember the “McKayla is not impressed” memes from the Olympics then you’ll get that reference)

bev January 3, 2016 at 6:50 PM

Amy, only you go from FL to that book for cozy snowy day reads.
Though Anne jumped into Badger.

Grey January 3, 2016 at 7:29 PM

Guess what I got Tessa to do… she’s gonna read TF’s LMWL series *happy dance* *throws Opportunist peanuts up into the air* She picked Blindfolded Innocence by Alessandra Torre for me for my January TBR book requirement. I’m almost done with Book 2 of the Life of Anna… so then I’m gonna jump into that one… squee!

Fabi January 3, 2016 at 7:59 PM

MichelleS, according to her posts Michelle rated Heat a 4, Gann a 4.5 and Dead 5. Sounds like she loved them all. Plus she picked up the author’s other published works.

I am at the last 5% of Gann. If I’d read this in 2015, it would have gone on my favorites list for the year. I don’t know if I should go straight into Dead. You make it sound like they’re dissimilar enough that it shouldn’t matter. I’m tempted because I love R Lee Smith’s writing, and like Michelle, plan on picking up the rest of her books.

Tessa January 3, 2016 at 8:25 PM

I’m with Deborah. To Love Jason Thorn was so good. A total heart happy book that just was unexpected for me. Cheryl, Anne, I hope you like it too.

I’m only at the basketball game so I have no opinion yet on The Opportunist.

Fabi January 3, 2016 at 8:41 PM

I have To Love Jason Thorn lined up to read. I liked the title and cover when it first came out so I got it even though I had no idea what it was about. I’m glad to hear some of you have read it and recommend it.

Amy January 3, 2016 at 8:42 PM

Oh Tessa…you’re still in the infant stages of angst in The Opportunist… ;)

bev January 3, 2016 at 9:05 PM

Wait. Didn’t Cheryl read and like that book. I thought that’s when I first noticed it. It made me think of Bourne. That was a good book itself.

bev January 3, 2016 at 9:08 PM

I have to ask. How do you all read more than a book a day. I can rarely read a book a day. Unless its a day off. I have read one and I think two before. But that meant only reading, nothing else.

Amy January 3, 2016 at 9:19 PM

Bev…FL didn’t give me my angst fix so *that’s* how I’m able to jump into The Affair for my snowy day read. And my earl grey tea is helping set the mood as well (which may or may not have a shot of vanilla vodka in it ;) ).

bev January 3, 2016 at 9:25 PM

Jean’s turn! So Jean how many on your list have broken heroes?

bev January 3, 2016 at 9:26 PM

I love the way Earl Grey smells. With some good honey. Mmm.

Anne January 3, 2016 at 9:33 PM

You guys! I just finished reading Badger and oh God! I am heartbroken. I just don’t have words! I can’t even explain how I am feeling right now. I just don’t know….

Anne January 3, 2016 at 9:34 PM

Maryse I sent my list through the Contact section. Let me know if you got it :D Thank you!

Maryse January 3, 2016 at 9:49 PM

I have it Anne!! :D You’re up tomorrow. I LOVE these lists, you guys!!!

Maryse January 3, 2016 at 9:50 PM

*snuggles Anne over Badger*

Maryse January 3, 2016 at 9:52 PM

mmmm… vanilla vodka. My fav is the whipped cream. WITH whipped cream. :P

Maryse January 3, 2016 at 9:54 PM

I only was ever able to read a book a day, bev. Sometimes I’d finish one in a day and start a second but never 2 a day. So I wonder the same thing. Maybe I should take a speed reading course but I”m scared I’ll miss out on the emotion of it all.

bev January 3, 2016 at 10:11 PM

Yes, really that is same with me. Because if I finished the second it was a through the night read, mini marathon. So really two books in two days. I sometimes do the all day read, but all night is very rare. It is starting to take too long to recover.
I wonder if kindle says it will take me 4HR to finish what does it say to them?

Tessa January 3, 2016 at 10:21 PM

If it helps, I’m at 19% of The Opportunist and I have 2 hours 4 min. left. This is if I read straight through without stopping. Average read 4 hours, 41 min. So, um, probably 2.5 -3 hours?

Cheryl January 3, 2016 at 10:25 PM

Deborah I have read To Love Jason Thorn and I agree- loved it!!

Amy, The Affair sounds really good. Yeh, surprisingly not a lot of angst with FL. I kept expecting more and some wicked twists!

Amy January 3, 2016 at 10:27 PM

Oh Anne…we know. We just KNOW. Beautifully heartbreaking, right? I just wanted to crawl into the story and hold Badger and try to make it all better for him.

Deborah January 3, 2016 at 10:29 PM

You all are gonna love “To love Jason Thorne” it’s such a fun book….. great for after all this angst and heartache!!! It’s one of those books that kept me grinning the whole way through…..just love those!!!!

Anne January 3, 2016 at 10:37 PM

I do need a hug after Badger Maryse! *hugs back*

Oh Amy! My poor Badger. I just feel so deeply sorry for him. Why, why did he have to go through such horrible things? I want to hug him so bad and help him somehow. I feel so useless you know?

Anne January 3, 2016 at 10:39 PM

Oh Cheryl if you loved To Love Jason Thorne then I am more excited about to start it now :)

Thanks for the rec Deborah!

Amy January 3, 2016 at 10:41 PM

Cheryl…I was expecting some crazy angst as well like with The Opportunist or maybe just, like you said, a wicked twist like with Mud Vein and Marrow. Still, it had a lot of familiar “TF feels” to it, which I loved. ;)

Can you imagine how much pressure there must be on authors when they write a book that is well loved and perceived as phenomenal by so many readers and then knowing that readers are expecting every subsequent book to be at least at that level if not surpassing it? Okay, so I’m one of those guilty of expecting that from my favorite authors, but gah…the stress of that demand must be overwhelming at times for them.

Amy January 3, 2016 at 10:44 PM

I know, Anne…I was nearing the end and kept thinking, HOW can things possibly be made better for him?

Damn. She sure showed us how, huh?

Anne January 3, 2016 at 11:00 PM

Amy oh she sure did! But seriously I am not mad or anything about it just so sad cause I truly don’t know how else things could’ve ended. It was a tough book to read but so worth it!

Fabi January 3, 2016 at 11:00 PM

I just finished The Last Hour of Gann, after 3 days of non-stop reading. Right now real life doesn’t seem real. I’m looking around and wondering what I’m supposed to be doing. Book fog doesn’t begin to describe it. 5 stars doesn’t do it justice. Thank you Michelle. I’ve been hearing about for over a year, but I didn’t take the plunge until I heard from you. Thank you, thank, thank you.

Anne January 3, 2016 at 11:02 PM

Fabi I havent read The Last Hour of Gann but after your post I am sure adding it to my TBR list.

Amy January 3, 2016 at 11:19 PM

Exactly, Anne. :(

Fabi…TLHoG is 973 pages?!? *sigh* Still didn’t stop me from one-clicking it though. ;)

Back to The Affair now…so far so good!

Jean January 4, 2016 at 10:16 AM

Fabi! You were so right about the Caged books! 2 was better than 1 and 3 is AWESOME! I loved it! Boy did I cry…..when he finally tells Tria his secret (which I kinda suspected), the tears were rolling down my face! So horrible! Love this series!

Anne January 4, 2016 at 10:33 AM

Amy do you want to BR TLHoG? I think I am reading it after I finish To Love Jason Thorn.

Fabi January 4, 2016 at 12:45 PM

Awww Jean. I definitely cried too. Especially when he talked to his dad. Everything was just so heartbreaking and what happened to him so horrible. But it reads as one book doesn’t it? You just don’t get the impact of the whole story if you only read pieces 1 & 2.

I’m trying to be a lot more careful about not buying books unless they’re complete. Even with my fav Shay Savage I made sure the “series” was completed before I read it. *soapbox* that is not a series, it is a single book (mistakenly) published in 3 pieces.

Tessa January 4, 2016 at 4:42 PM

I just got Broken Dolls by Kitty Thomas through booklending. I’m holding off until LMWL series is done, but, um… I want to read it but I’m scared too. I may need you all when I do read it.

Grey January 4, 2016 at 5:42 PM

Still squeeing that Tessa is reading the LMWL series!

I’m ready for Blindfolded Innocence!

Tessa January 4, 2016 at 6:04 PM

*grins* Hope you like it. I definitely did. Brad is so strangle worthy it’s sexy. :P Oh, and Hopeless by Colleen Hoover is free today!

Anne January 4, 2016 at 6:41 PM

Just finished To Love Jason Thorn and loved it! It was just what I needed! It was a sexy, fun, sweet romance :) Thank you Deborah for the rec!

Starting The Last Hour of Gann. Its a very long book but hopefully I’ll enjoy it as much as you guys did. I’ll keep you posted!

Fabi January 4, 2016 at 6:59 PM

Anne, I think that’s the one I’m reading next. I tried a couple of other ones but nothing was holding my interest until I looked at To Love Jason Thorn. It started out so cute!

Oh, I just saw you’re staring TLHoG. I just finished that one. We flip-flopped. lol

MichelleS January 4, 2016 at 7:07 PM

Fabi – see why it made the very top of my best of list??? There was just nothing even close to how great that book was. I wasn’t sure if some of the scenes of ****** spoiler alert ****** non consensual sex would bother you… But you read LoA, so there should be nothing taboo anymore! Wait until you read LotBD!!!! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on that one.

Fabi January 4, 2016 at 7:19 PM

yes, yes yes yes :-) MichelleS. It was awesome. So much so that I’m having a hard time getting into the next book. – oh and the non-con was mild compared to Heat (and LoA of course)

I was trying to take a little break before Dead so I didn’t end up comparing the two so closely reading back to back.

Jean January 4, 2016 at 7:32 PM

Fabi, I like having the complete series too! It has been driving me crazy lately because I’ll forget details or even the feelings the story gave me while waiting for the next book. I have unfinished series because I can’t remember and feel like I have to go back and do rereads or skim reviews for hints of what happened to refresh my memory. I’ve been collecting as they go on sale lately…..

Loved Caged Released….so great! And yes, read like one complete book.

bev January 4, 2016 at 8:14 PM

Curious. Do you all pay attention to who recs and reviews the books, to see how closely their taste align with yours. I used to not. Then last year started noticing one reviewer. And today bought a book that got an A from a reviewer, curious as to how I’ll feel about it.
Idk I want to be a bit more picky with my buys.

bev January 4, 2016 at 8:31 PM

Maryse is a crow, lol. Now you need to read Murder of Crows. ;-)
Those are beautiful and a very special gift.

Cheryl January 4, 2016 at 9:20 PM

Reading The Fall (it was in my tbr). If you enjoyed Room 212, you’ll like this one. It follows one of the daughters. Next either The Affair- (waiting to hear what you say Amy), or Act Like It of Louder Than Love. Although I haven’t looked at the new releases yet, could squirrel!! ;)

Lisa January 4, 2016 at 9:21 PM

Cheryl…Louder Than Love…Louder Than Love!! Pleeeezzz.

Cheryl January 4, 2016 at 9:33 PM

Amy, so true, what enormous pressure authors must go thru, especially those known for a “type” of book and if they decide to stray from that what they are known for.

Anne January 4, 2016 at 9:57 PM

Lol Fabi! We did flip flop! Hope you like To Love Jason Thorn as much as I did. I know the beginning is so cute! Oh to be a kid again lol

bev January 4, 2016 at 10:16 PM

Anne’s turn. :-)
And she has Painted Faces.

Fabi January 4, 2016 at 11:10 PM

I am loving Jason Thorn!

Amy January 4, 2016 at 11:19 PM

*giggle* I already loved crows and ravens before reading WiR, so I think that’s why they were my favorites when I was reading it. “Shiny!” I was cracking up at the parts where that was said and the whole pen stealing issue. LOL!!!

Tessa…I saw on the other post (I think it was Grey’s faves post) that you finished The Opportunist. Crazy good, right?!? And I know I said it before, but you HAVE to read Dirty Red! Where normally my tummy would be in knots and I would be freaking out for the MC, in her case I was giddy reading about her struggles, insecurities and screw ups…and we get to be in her head to enjoy the turmoil she goes through! I know, I sound like a b!tch but it’s LEAH we’re talking about!! :P

Amy January 4, 2016 at 11:34 PM

Anne, here’s the thing…I now have over 2200 unread books in my Kindle library, and I know myself enough to know that I will continue to add more pretties to that. Sooooooo, I’ve come up with a reading challenge of my own…not long ago I sorted my unread books into collections according to the year I bought them. Heh, I had NO unread books from 2012 but 2013, 2014 and 2015 all have hundreds of unread books, coinciding with when I started hanging out here regularly…go figure. ;)

ANYways, my challenge is to read in a pattern of sorts starting with a book bought in 2016 (thank you F*ck Love for taking care of that one) followed by one bought in 2015 (right now it’s The Affair) then one from 2014 and then 2013, and then I’ll go back to 2016, 2015, and so on. I *hoping* that will help decrease my book anxiety when I look at all of my unreads.

All of that to say I won’t be getting to TLHoG for about 2-1/2 more books, but if you can wait until then I’ll BR it with ya! :D

Amy January 4, 2016 at 11:35 PM

Cheryl…I forgot about that! How is the angst and emotion compared to 212?

Fabi January 4, 2016 at 11:38 PM

At the risk of sounding like a parrot.

I love Jason Thorn!

“Score one for my boobs!”. @25%

So cute and funny and heartwarming.

Fabi January 4, 2016 at 11:46 PM

Last quote. I swear. Just can’t resist.

“Can I swoon? And maybe take him down with me so we could do some naughty things?”

Tessa January 5, 2016 at 12:31 AM

Fabi, isn’t it beyond cute? I saw it on booklending as a top read and thought, a Kindle Unlimited, sure, why not? I am so glad I did.

Cheryl January 5, 2016 at 9:14 AM

Fabi, it was so good. Just loved that book!!

Amy, not quite the level of angst of 212 and the writing is good, not great. It does hit the emotions of 212 and was overrall a good read.

How’s The Affair?

Maryse January 5, 2016 at 9:47 AM

Amy!! Very interesting reading challenge you’ve set up for yourself. I LOVE that!!!

P.S. The Affair looks so good… how are you liking it?

Maryse January 5, 2016 at 10:00 AM

Thank you so much bev. I swear I AM a crow ’cause I trip over my own two feet when walking by sparkly… anything. Those hair-trinket booths in the mall, OR OR!!! The chandelier stores in the mall… OMG I swear I’ve bumped into people… walking and staring and not watching where I’m going.

*whooooops* TRIP flat on my face!: http://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/e051a3670eb2d194_4-0382/contemporary-chandeliers.jpg

This would make me trip: https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4021/4492306988_31eb27d395.jpg

Cheryl January 5, 2016 at 10:16 AM

Amy, I noticed there is a sequel to The Affair, The Consequences. However, at $9.99 each, I may just live vicariously thru you. ;)

Cheryl January 5, 2016 at 3:14 PM

Amy, after reading the sample, I’m surprised you are reading The Affair. It’s about a husband supposedly cheating on his wife. Isn’t that one of your “nope” not going to read books?!

Amy January 5, 2016 at 5:03 PM

Maryse and Cheryl…I am really, really, REALLY freaking liking it!!! I’m only at about 20% since I just read for a little while on Sunday and almost nothing yesterday, but I’m getting ready to dive back in right now while my nails dry. And OMG the anxiety I’m getting!! It started right from the beginning and has just increased, and I didn’t even have to get attached to her before I started feeling it. Maybe because what she is going through is something that I’m sure virtually every wife has felt at least once in her marriage, even if it is only a fleeting thought? She believes her husband is cheating but has no *real* proof, only suspicious clues and her own gut feeling…but she could be wrong as well. And I LOVE that so far we don’t know if she is right or not, so I am living through all of this with her. :D

Fabi January 5, 2016 at 5:17 PM

My stomach is flip-flopping just reading your summary of that book Amy.

Amy January 5, 2016 at 5:18 PM

Cheryl…I picked up The Affair when it was on sale, but if it continues to be this good then I won’t mind paying the 9.99 for The Consequences.

Cheating husband in a book isn’t a “nope” for me, but I will freaking freak the freak out if the H *is* cheating and the h ends up staying with him or going back to him when all is said and done. Unfortunately, I don’t know if a book will turn out that way when I start it since I hate spoilers. What I love about this one is how I really don’t know if he is or is not cheating and I don’t know how things are going to turn out as I haven’t even *peeked* at the blurb for The Consequences. Either I’ll be squeeing and jumping right into the next one or I’ll be screeching like a p!ssed off harpy when I finish this one. ;)

Amy January 5, 2016 at 5:39 PM

Oh Fabi…my stomach is about to flip-flop itself right out of my gut at this point. But I love it!!!