SATURDAY BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! I JUST ONE-CLICKED THIS BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! KING SERIES BUNDLE: The Four Book Set ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜ ➜
And here’s why:
Michelles: It was something else! Gritty, for sure. Loved it.
Marit: OMG OMG OMG!!!! I’m 22% into KING by T.M Frazier! Guys, you HAVE to read this book I’m going crazy and I can’t go to sleep now! He’s so HOT and bossy..and she’s so vulnerable. *Squeeeeeee*
DG: So I took FOREVER to get around to reading SOULESS by T.M. Frazier…(decided to reread Lawless first so I could be full on)…and I would give it a good 4.5 stars! LOVE, love, lovey LOVE Bear and Thia…a MC but not really all out MC book. Just really love those tatted bad boys…and Pancake!!! So…ready for the next 2 books in this series….*crosses fingers, hoping Ms Frazier telepathically hears my wishes for next ones to be about our ‘returning ghost’*
A few series conclusions just went live today, plus some standalone love stories that sound like they could totally tug on my heart. And what makes it all even more exciting? Many of these “Friday Finds” are super-bargain priced today.
But! I’m already reading one (that I know will likely rip my heart out). I’m in the mood for profound and deep and heartachey, so I’ve jumped into the latest by Aly Martinez (Retrieval (The Retrieval Duet Book 1), and it’s already doing the trick. In fact, this is one of those that sucks you in, right from the start! And it looks like we’ve started a buddy-read, so join us!!
Julie o: Maryse Just finished Retrieval and loved it. Waiting anxiously for book 2. Heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. First book gets a 4.5 from me.
Kim: Retrieval completed snapped me out of my book funk. So well written and very unique. I’ve enjoyed several books this year but this is the 1st legitimate, didn’t have to think about the rating, 5 star read.
Brooke: I just purchased this earlier tonight.
Shawn: I started!!!
Rachel: I’m anxiously awaiting your thoughts!
Bethany: I bought it too!
Melanie: Just read it last night! Book 2 can’t get here soon enough
And no worries my friends, book #2 is coming out this month! Barely any waiting time… YAY US!!!
Okay so… now for the…
BARGAIN FINDS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- #Bae (The Hashtag Series Book 8) by Cambria Hebert <— LIVE!!! This series needs to be read in order…
- Paper Cranes <— LIVE!!! SOUNDS LIKE A BEAUTIFUL TEARJERKER!! “I was diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. All of my hopes, dreams, and aspirations fell by the wayside. I was dying. What else did I have to look forward to? Definitely not love. That’s until Lee Daniels came tapping at my window. Determined to push him away, the jerk kept coming back, over and over and over. There was no way I was going to give my heart to a man that would eventually leave me worse then I already was…“
- Tied Up in Knots (Marshals Book 3) by Mary Calmes <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!!!
- Pushing the Envelope by Kim Dare <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!!! “When Scott Evans sends an anonymous invitation to the dominant he’s fantasised about for months, he just hopes that Joe Stuart will be curious enough to turn up at the specified address and do a scene with him…”
- SEALionaire Book 3: A Navy SEAL romance by M. S. Parker & Shiloh Walker <— LIVE!!! TRILOGY CONCLUSION ALERT!
- Letters To My Mother by Rebecca Heath <— AN AFFAIR WITH A PROFESSOR ALERT! Amy recommends it!
Amy: I read Letters to My Mother not long ago, and it was pretty dang good. It takes place in the 50′s (if I remember correctly) and she starts an affair with a professor. It was heartbreaking when everything came to a head and then had a bittersweet conclusion. I would definitely recommend it simply because it is different in terms of subject matter (well, the setting and storyline details…not the teacher-student plot), and especially if you tend to like stories set back in earlier decades. Which I do.
- Reality Girl: Episode One by Jessica Hildreth <— LIVE!!! (Scott Hildreth’s wife wrote this one!) SHE HAS TO LIVE WITH THEM FOR A REALITY SHOW ALERT!! ”Recently out of college, broke, jobless, and without a boyfriend, Lou Whitson is recognized by a talent scout at a football game, and then offered the opportunity of a lifetime. To be the star of a reality television show. Along with it, $500,000 in prize money. There is a catch, but it isn’t much. Especially considering her life’s lack of love. Live with six different men, one a month, for six months. Then, pick one to marry for an additional $500,000. A Navy SEAL, a biker, a jock, a surfer, a business man, and a billionaire...”
- Pour Your Heart Out by Zoe Lee <— LIVE!!! SHE’S NEW IN TOWN & HE’S NOT IMPRESSED…“…she knows the quaint little town is something new entirely. It’s more than the good food and welcoming people — with the exception of the gruff bartender she meets her first night out…“
- Viewing Room: A Society X Novel by L.P. Dover & Heidi McLaughlin <— IN THE MOOD FOR SUPER-STEAM? Try this!
DG: Holy HOTNESS Batman! I started Viewing Room: A Society X Novel…Dark Room was HAWT….well, the Viewing Room might just be straight on the equator! Gonna be an AWESOME start to my weekend!!!!
- #superfan by Jae Hood <— SHE MEETS HIM AT THE BUFFET… “…her plans to enjoy the buffet solo are disrupted when a gorgeous, irritating man invites himself not only to her table, but into her life. She can’t seem to get away from the mysterious man she’s nicknamed “Eight” for his place on the hotness scale. Over time, and despite Eight’s resistance to tell her what he does for a living…” <— OH I BET HE’S FAMOUS!!
- Left: A Novel by Tamar Ossowski <— YIKES!!! SINGLE MOM ABANDONS ONE DAUGHTER ALERT! OMG this sounds intense and poignant, and heartbreaking! And it’s super-bargain priced today! “…she doesn’t shift from her resolve that everything will be fine. She promises . . . and they believe. Until the morning an obituary in the newspaper changes everything. Therese immediately knows what she has to do. She cannot delay what she has planned, and she cannot find the words to explain her heartbreaking decision to her daughters. She considers her responsibilities, her girls, and her promise. Then she does the only thing that any real mother would do. She goes on the run with one daughter . . . and abandons the other...”
- Sexy Beginnings by Alexis Noelle <— LIVE!!! FOUR STORIES about falling in love! “Nobody ever forgets that first time–that first time you fell in love. Get ready to feel it all over again as these four stories will pull you into their worlds, reminding you of why you never wanted to let go in the first place. Feel your heartstrings tug as one broken college girl finds the true meaning of love. Explore the boundaries of love and desire through the eyes of one jaded and misguided escort. Endure the pain of a scorned lover who needs redemption and salvation and hold on tight to that MC bad boy who will steal your heart…“
- Hawthorne & Heathcliff by R.K. Ryals <— SWEET LOVE STORY ALERT!!! Kat found us THIS super-bargain and it’s one that was on my TBR list!!!
Christine: I just finished Hawthorne & Heathcliff . . . . amazing book. It’s a big freely book that is wonderfully written. I teared up several times. Has a Sweet Gumtree feel to it with a sprinkling of Eleanor & Park. I highly recommend it.
Marina: Finished Hawthorne and Heathcliff this morning. Very sweet story.
- For The Love Of English by A.M. Hargrove <— JUST WENT LIVE! JERK SINGLE DAD ALERT! She’s his daughter’s teacher, and he’s a big jerk! “…she’s one of my students but also the love of his life. So I have to deal with him on a professional level. It’s not easy. On a scale of easy to hard, dealing with Beckley Bridges is like nails screeching across a blackboard. But when English’s mother tries to gain custody after abandoning her on Beckley’s doorstep as an infant, he’ll do anything possible to keep her under his roof. That’s how he ends up propositioning me…“
- How to Date a Douchebag: The Studying Hours by Sara Ney <— THE DEAL/BEAUTIFUL DISASTER FEEL?!! OMG YES PLEASE! DG is enjoying this recent release!
DG: I randomly started reading How To Date A Douchbag. So far, I am enjoying the back and forth banter…This h is not giving in easy. Kinda has a The Deal / maybe Beautiful Disaster feel to it….needless to say I’m loving it!
- Veiled by Karina Halle <— KARINA HALLE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT! This recent release is super-bargain priced right now!! It’s part of the EIT series BUT CAN BE READ AS A STANDALONE!!
- Wait For Me (Against All Odds Book 1) by Elisabeth Naughton <— HUGELY POPULAR & WILL HAVE US REELING! AND OMG I JUST RE-READ THE BLURB. This. Sounds. AWESOME!!! This one was big back in our early indie days, and today it’s super-bargain priced!!
Katie: Ok, I never comment but I have to recommend a book – Wait for Me by Elisabeth Naughton. I don’t even really have words… I randomly stumbled upon it while searching the Kindle store. I am only about 50% through and dieing, just dieing. I always love the books you recommend, so I think this one will have you reeling.
- The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman Trilogy Book 1) by Paullina Simons <— 5-STAR AWESOME AND BACK ON THE LIST ’cause it’s still super-bargain priced today and this is a MUST-READ!!!
Tracie: Best series ever. Ever. Ever.
Megan: It was an emotional journey.
Elyse: One of my favorite books of all time
- Sawbones (A Laura Elliston Novel) by Melissa Lenhardt <— WESTERN HISTORICAL ALERT! She’s a doctor on the run with her maid, because she’s been accused of murder (and starts a new life under a new identity in Colorado). bev has been eyeing this one for awhile and has finally jumped in!
bev: I’m enjoying this one. The historical details are interesting, but can be hard to read the historical attitudes towards certain segments of the population. I do think her foreshadowing can be too heavy, though in one instance it tipped me off I was still shocked at the magnitude of the incident. I’ll definitely read the next book, well if it keeps up, I’m only 70% in. I’m reading slow but not a reflection on the book. Doing most of my reading on my commute.
- No Doors, No Windows: A Novel by Joe Schreiber <— GAH! WHAT A TITLE! WHO’S IN THE MOOD FOR CREEPY? His mom died in a fire and there are so many unanswered question… “The answers unspool in the pages of a peculiar old manuscript–an unfinished ghost story written in his father’s own hand that beckons Scott out to a strange house in the woods with a lightless corridor that cannot be seen from the outside. Here Scott Mast will uncover all that has been hidden…” It’s super-bargain priced today!
- Cirque: Act 1 by Ashleigh Giannoccaro <— IN THE MOOD FOR MORE CREEPY?! Tessa brought this one to our attention because of one of our favorite authors that saw it! I think he’s a creepy kidnapper (serial killer? Stalker?) I dunno… “…Love can break the hardest mask, I know this to be true
Nightmares have hearts too, I only needed you“
Tessa: Alright, Penelope Douglas brought this to her fans attention on Facebook. The Cirque, Act 1 by Ashleigh Giannoccaro. All you horror type should look at it.
Maryse: oooooooooooh…Tessa the titillator!!!!! …a horror book for us to look into… YES!!!!!!
Tessa: I’m eyeing the one. If it had been any random person showing it, I’d have backed out. However, Penelope Douglas noticed it, and I love her books. I’m curious. I don’t like horror, but it could just be dark? I don’t know!
- The Sin Trilogy Bundle: A Necessary Sin, The Next Sin, One Last Sin by Georgia Cates <— BOOK FOG ALERT!! Tessa just finished this series and can’t start anything else because she loved it so much she’s still stuck there. YAY!!!
Tessa: You know your in a book fog when a book you love comes out and nope.
Maryse: which is it, Tessa??!!!
Tessa: The book fog is from the The Sin series by Georgia Cates. I keep hoping to go back to it, but I’m done. I tried to read Unraveled by Jennifer Estep, but failed. I kept thinking of the other book! I want more, even though it’s complete. She’s gonna release other character’s stories, but it’s not the same. I absolutely loved Sin and Bleu! The angst, the happy, all of it.
- AUDIOBOOK LVERS ➜ For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (next few days & next week’s!!! )
- Get in the Car, Jupiter by Fisher Amelie – September 19th 2016
- Epic Love (Epic Fail Book 3) by Trudy Stiles – September 19th 2016
- Wilder (The Renegades) by Rebecca Yarros – September 19th 2016
- Playboy Pilot by Penelope Ward & Vi Keeland – September 19th 2016
- Sweet Dreams (A Sugar Rush Novel) by Nina Lane – September 20th 2016
- Chandler: A Fixed Trilogy Series Spinoff by Laurelin Paige – September 20th 2016
- The Kept Woman: A Novel (Will Trent) by Karin Slaughter – September 20th 2016
- Blood Red Kiss by Kresley Cole & Larissa Ione & Gena Showalter – September 20th 2016
- Flawed: An Ethan Frost Novel by Tracy Wolff – September 20th 2016
- Jared (Coyote Ridge Book 2) by Nicole Edwards – September 20th 2016
- The Claiming (The Submissive Series) by Tara Sue Me – September 20th 2016
- Magic Binds (Kate Daniels) by Ilona Andrews – September 20th 2016
- Nothing More by Anna Todd – September 20th 2016
- Wild by Eve Langlais & Kate Douglas & A. C. Arthur – September 20th 2016
- Seducing Stag (Cyborg Seduction Book 10) by Lauren Dohner – September 20th 2016
- Blood Bound (Blackthorn Dark Paranormal Romance Series Book 7) – September 21st 2016
- All-New Fire HD 8 Tablet, 8″ HD Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB – Includes Special Offers <— NEW KINDLE FIRE up for pre-order going live on September 21st 2016!! It sounds pretty awesome.
- Transfer (The Retrieval Duet Book 2) by Aly Martinez - September 27th 2016
- Beneath These Shadows by Meghan March <— October 25th 2016
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).