<— This is my MUST READ bargain priced ebook suggestion and my main feature for the day (my actual review will be up shortly – still working it out without *spoiling* anything I experienced a ton of conflicting emotion with this one). I LOVED it!! Very real in feel, married adults living a seemingly perfect life, but we are living through the wife’s POV and… well. You’ll feel her pain. You’ll want to shake her, yes, but you’ll feel it.
When it was released just a few days ago, my review wasn’t ready yet, but I HAD to let everyone know THIS was an awesome one. So I posted this on Facebook:
Maryse’s Book Blog: I loved it. Totally different kind of read (adults well into their marriage, depression, emotional detachment.. coping mechanisms etc… and I felt for everyone – on all sides). I sort of had a love/hate relationship with the heroine, but I grew… with her. I even had to release my energy a bit in a private chat (here’s a sample of me…):
“I read it. Non-stop – couldn’t put it down. Very different than what I’ve been reading lately but was exactly what I needed. Wow, I fluctuated between feeling she was simply depressed and maybe even a bit selfish … to feeling her so deeply AT THE SAME TIME.
I wanted to shake her into positivity, and yet, I totally indulged and wallowed with her in her pain, and connected to her.
Great writing by the way. Great flow, great sadness and emotion …”
If you’re in the mood for one of those unconventional deep love stories I was speaking of earlier (yet normal even in it’s private abnormalities), this is it.
Okay, time for today’s bargains, accompanied by the perfect “us” quote !! NOTE: Bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
“When I get a little money, I buy books. If any is left, I buy food and clothes.” — Erasmus
- Take Me, Break Me (Pierced Hearts) by Cari Silverwood <— Aimee found us this bargain book!
- In the Stillness by Andrea Randall <— LOVED!!! 4.5 stars!!
- Real by Katy Evans <— Y’all know how much I loved this one, and so did many of our fellow readers! Like Tasha: “I started it last night and finished it about a hour ago it consumed my off day ! Loved it though I hate reading a book like that an it’s so good then you finish and your left just sitting there wanting so much more !”
- Leo by Mia Sheridan <— often recommended, and I was just reminded of it when Marsha said: “Just finished reading Leo….oh my word! Ladies this is a good one! Dont miss it….bump it up on your TBR immediately ”
- Rush Me by Allison Parr <— recommended by Shannon: “I read Rush Me last night and gotta say that I quite enjoyed it. I mainly enjoyed Rachael – she would go off on these feminist rants (which I can totally relate to) that were pretty funny. I also really like Ryan – except for the first time I met him. There were obviously parts that didn’t do it for me, but for the most part it was a great read. 3.75* from me.”
- Dream Chaser by Angie Stanton
- In the Air (The City #1) by Crystal Serowka <— “Two dancers. One big city. He was determined to make a new start. She was ready to make it in the ballet world.”
- Never Have I Ever by August Clearwing <— Joy brought this one to my attention: “Just finished a book, Never Have I Ever by August Clearwing … this is a MUST READ!!! The subject matter may not be for everyone…”
- Because of You (Playing with Fire, #2) by T.E. Sivec <— pre-order only, but look what’s coming out April 29th!! (Tara Sivec’s latest!)
- Asteria – In Love with the Prince by Tanya Korval <— Aimee recommends this one: “Pleasantly surprised with this one; happened across it a while ago and had it on my TBR list, glad I finally decided to read it. It’s several novella’s that were consolidated into one book; (much preferred) great story…”
- Ivan (Her Russian Protector #1) by Roxie Rivera <— recommended by Shirley (see her not on book #2 below)
- DIMITRI (Her Russian Protector #2) by Roxie Rivera <— Shirley recommends this series: “Roxie Rivera’s second book in the Russian Protector is out. Dimitri (Her Russian Protector). It was steamy! I think I liked the first one better (Ivan) but Dimitri was very good. Yuri is coming out in May and Nicholai in June. I am loving the Russian bad boys.”
- Beg (Songs of Submission) by CD Reiss <— Recommended series by Sandra: “A serious must read….I’m telling you I love these stories.” and Janet agrees!
- Tease (Songs of Submission) by CD Reiss
- Submit (Songs of Submission) by CD Reiss
- The Heart Has Reasons by Martine Marchand <– Mandy loved it! “Just finished a book that was ridiculously good. I almost passed it by because of the cover but I am so glad I didn’t. And it’s a stand alone and a debut book.”
- Coming Home by Leslie Kelly <— Shana emailed me this rec: “I just finished Coming Home by Leslie Kelly. I recommend this sweet love story. I enjoyed the short break from my typical books full of heat and angst. Sexy and heart warming, this book made me root for them. It’s hard not to fall for Wyatt.”
- Surrender Your Love by J.C. Reed <— Paula emailed me about this one! “Bad boy story, lust, love and betrayal. Devoured this one today! About 6-7 hours of reading”
- She’s Come Undone (Oprah’s Book Club) by Wally Lamb <— here’s one from Oprah’s Book Club. I’ve not followed many from her book club, except I read “Running with Scissors: A Memoir” once on her recommendation and I LOVED IT, so…. I’m all for trying another. LOL! (P.S. Running with Scissors: A Memoir is not a bargain book, and not a romance, but IS the one I followed my husband around, on foot, all day at a zoo, while I read… walking! NONSTOP!) I love autobiographies.
- The Wanderer (Thunder Point) by Robyn Carr <— def. sounds like a love story
- If You Stay (Beautifully Broken) by Courtney Cole <— I sampled this one and the intro was wooohooo – made my eyes bug out. *blush* So I bought it!