SATURDAY BREAKING NEWS UPDATE! Just a few more bargains and brand new releases that have been brought to my attenion:
- Kiss a Stranger by R.J. Lewis <— JUST RELEASED!!!! From the author of the hit book “Ignite“. Toni says: “Just wanted to mention my fave author R.J. Lewis just released her new one. Kiss a Stranger. She’s the author of Ignite and of Burn. Two of my absolute favorite reads. And it’s only 99¢…” <— YAY!!!
- Hard As You Can: A Hard Ink Novel by Laura Kaye <— SPECIAL FORCES HERO!!! Recent release by this author, and today, it’s on sale!! “The gorgeous waitress is hiding secrets she doesn’t want him to uncover. Too bad. He’s exactly the man she needs to protect her sister, her life, and her heart.” and Michelle said: “I’m reading As Hard As You Can now and it’s awesome! She cansoooooo write a good alpha male, especially those bad-ass yet protective and loyal man-on-a-mission types.”
- Ditching The Dream: Dream Series, Book 1 by Isabelle Peterson <—- ruh roh… what a tumultuous sounding story… “She went from her parents’ house to her husband’s home and never really learned to stand on her own two feet. She decides to leave her comfortable life in Napa Valley in search of her inner fire in New York City. She certainly didn’t leave her husband to find another man, but she soon finds herself involved with two: Jack Stevens and Kevin Parker.“
HAPPY BARGAIN EBOOK DAY!! One of my favorite lists of the week, ’cause I get to play in so many “new-to-me” finds, and of course, the price is always right. —> P.S. It’s kind of a shorter list right now, but as soon as I get home this evening, I’m loading it up even more, so check back.
Admittedly, the last two books I fell head-over-heels with (After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid and Forever, Interrupted by Taylor Jenkins Reid) were not in the least bit “bargainy” <— (but I still recommend these 5-star books, easily)!!
However, this list should give us some relief in that aspect. And even though I already have my “next read” lined up (Coming Home —> and it’s off of my main TBR list) I spy a few below that are making my TBR list twitchy again. *snort*
Oh! Also… I scrolled through some of the book submissions I’ve received over the last few months and found quite a few that might just be right up our alley! I posted them below. I’ve read some really great ones in the past that have been sent my way, but unfortunately I can’t get to them as fast as I’d like to, so I’ve included some “good-looking” with blurbs (and good reviews) that caught my attention. If you try any of ‘em, let me know.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Thrive (Addicted Series) by Krista & Becca Ritchie <— JUST RELEASED!!! Another installment in this popular series, and HIGHLY anticipated!! Here is the series reading order.
- Resistance (Bloodlines Book 3) by K. Larsen <— JUST RELEASED!!! “My name is Sawyer Crown, I own Bloodlines Tattoo Parlor, despise drama, and have a penchant for broken women.” I won’t read any more of the blurb ’cause it’s book #3… so you know.
- Ruthless People by J.J. McAvoy <— JUSY RELEASED/MAFIA ALERT!!! “Liam, next in line to lead the Irish, believes he’s getting a simple-minded wife, one he can control, one who bends to his every need . . . the complete opposite of Melody. Bred to be a Boss, a world-class marksman, master of disguise, with no mercy and no fear.“
- No Exchanges, No Returns (Return to Redemption Book 4) <— by Laurie Kellogg <— Nancy just found us this super-bargain. She says: “I love Laurie Kellogg’s Books & this one is only 99 cents & sounds so good” Oh it DOES sound good. Casey is part of a twin-set, and is pregnant (acting as a surrogate for her twin): “When David chose her beautiful twin over her, Casey MacIntyre hid her hurt behind a wall of sarcasm. Now that her sister has divorced her husband, it’s increasingly difficult to remember why the hunky pediatrician is supposed to be off limits—especially since Brianna doesn’t seem to want him or care if Casey and he get involved.“
- Your Perfect Life: A Novel by Liz Fenton <— Not bargain priced but Claudia HIGHLY recommends it and is re-reading it, even, saying: “I just wanted to share a book that I read last month, I loved so much that I’m re-reading.“ Plus, it comes recommended in the same line of recommended books as “After I Do, and Forever, Interrupted” that I loved so much. I wonder if it has a similar feel? I’d totally jump on this if so.
- 53 Letters For My Lover by Leylah Attar <— back on the list this week. And Andee says: “ I also just finished 53 Letters for My Lover by Leylah Attar and it was good – I would recommend for the price and the story.” Diane loved it, too! “I HIGHLY recommend 53 letters, me and my reading buddy can’t get it out of our heads a week later and there’s a free companion novella ‘From his lips’. Angst to the max and so beautifully written. Also surprisingly explicit” Ohhhhh RIGHT!!! YES!!! I know this blurb. It gave me a *blurb-jolt*. She runs away from her married life and meets someone along the way. “Born on the same day in opposite corners of the world, their lives collide. And nothing is ever the same again. Now Shayda is flying free and Troy has found the one thing that centers his soul. But even as they beat the odds, Shayda is diagnosed with cancer and faces a painful dilemma. On the one hand is the man who makes her feel gloriously alive and on the other, her children, and a husband ravaged by the past.“
- Sessions Interrupted by Kristi Pelton <— another that’s back on the list today, ’cause Debra recommends it! “Just finish Sessions Interrupted, very good and quite funny at times” (this is that bad-boy that decides to seduce his therapist).
- How We Deal With Gravity by Ginger Scott <— RECENT RELEASE/ROCK STAR BOOK! Kirsten recommends it! “Finished How We Deal with Gravity, by Ginger Scott and I’m still thinking about it. Loved the not so typical rock star story and how the author had me feeling everything… It was different so I think that is part of what made it so great for me. I appreciated that the author dealt with the unique subject accurately, and that our heroine wasn’t some pushover.” and Debbie agrees: “I really enjoyed this book, too.” Ahhh yes! She’s left by her husband with an autistic son, and an ex rock-star comes back to his hometown. Back to her…
- FORD: SLACK/TAUT BUNDLE: Rook & Ronin Spin-off by J.A. Huss <— Ohhhh LOOKIE what Kat found us!! Popular series (models!!), and the author wrote a bunch of spinoffs for various characters and just bundled the spinoff books! Kat says: “New bundle spin-off books can be read without others. ” Thanks Kat!!
- Toxic (Lights of Peril Book 3) by A.C. Bextor <— HIGHLY recommended by Michelle (and if you ask me, I’d say she’s a tough book-cookie). She says: “Just finished reading Toxic. Lights of Peril No. 3, by AC Bextor. It’s an MC book that has everything I love in a good story. I loved all the characters, and when the heroine has loved her Mr Bad Boy since she was 5 years old, it always gets me… This one was told from his point of view, and I love that too. If you are in the mood for a really good Motorcycle Club series, I highly recommend this one. I’m going to put it up there with the best of the MC books…. Sheehan and Wylde…. I liked them that much.” Here is the Lights of Peril Series Reading Order
- Forever Consumed (Consumed Series Book 3) by Skyla Madi <— MMA RECENT RELEASE SUPER-BARGAIN!!!! YAY ME!!!! I totally one-clicked this recent release that just went on sale. I LOVED book #1 in this series, so a BIG thank you to Stephanie for finding this deal!!!!!
- Beautifully Done (Beautifully Awake Book 2) by Riley Mackenzie <— JUST RECENTLY RELEASED!!! And Michelle recommends it, saying: “I just finished reading Beautifully Done by Riley Mackenzie! It was amazing and emotional and I CANNOT stop thinking about it! You MUST read this book!!!“
- Outlander: A Novel by Diana Gabaldon <— One of my favorite books of allllll time and it’s on sale today. This book is a MUST read! I’m up to book #4 (I believe), in the series and I LOVE THEM!! They’re even turning them into a show on Starz! Here’s my review.
- The Arrangement: The Seduction (Kindle Worlds Novella) by Carly Phillips <—- A short but very recent release that’s a crossover into H.M. Ward’s Ferro Family series (and written by another author). “Zach Anders swears to get revenge on Sean Ferro for hurting his sister. The best way to accomplish his goal? Hurt someone close to him in return. No one can get near Ferro’s on again – off again fiancée – so Zach sets his sights on the next best thing, the woman Sean considers family, the girl who grew up next door, Chloe Reynolds. The plan seems simple — get close, find her weak spot, exploit it and walk away. Then Zach meets Chloe and he falls hard. And fast. How can he use her for revenge when he wants to keep her for himself?“
- That Summer Night (Callaways #6) by Barbara Freethy <— EX MILITARY and a bar… Recently released! “Once Reid Becker was the best of the best, an elite soldier whose career ended abruptly in a mission gone awry. Derailed after a decade of intense focus, Reid is spending far too much time in his best friend’s bar. Then Shayla Callaway walks into his life with a desperate plea for help. How can he resist a beautiful blonde?“
- The Intern: Vol. 3 by Brooke Cumberland <— JUST RELEASED!! I can’t read the blurb though so as not to spoil the series for myself…
- One Last Blind Date by Erin Brady <— It looks cute and funny. She’s turning 30 and turning to a dating service…
And a few that look up our alley, from the book submissions/review requests I’ve received.
- Psycho Inside Me by Bonnie R. Paulson <— DARK-SOUNDING. Here’s one from my “book submissions” list that kind of has that “Dexter” thing going on in the blurb (but she’s a teen girl). At 13, she killed someone in self-defense and then… “At seventeen, I’m killing four to six times a year – maybe more. Don’t stress out. I only go after the pedophiles and rapists. There are more out there than I could cover in a lifetime.“
- So Damn Beautiful (A New Adult Romance) by L.J. Kennedy <— Also from my book submissions, this one sounds like it could be an angsty “bad boy/good girl” read. She’s an art major, and he’s a street-smart graffiti artist… “But when Annie is pursued by the privileged president of the fraternity – someone who clearly offers Annie much more than him – Chase begins a dangerous descent into darkness. Annie must decide between her head and her heart, and choosing wrongly could shatter them both to the very core forever…“
- Undone (Disclosure Series #1) by R.E. Hunter <— TEACHER-STUDENT ALERT! I couldn’t tell that from the blurb (the blurb was sort of convoluted) but the reviews look good, and skimming ‘em, I realized this was a student-teacher.
- Learn To Fly (Double Blind Study) by Heidi Hutchinson <— ROCK STAR BOOK that looks like it has a sweet side (and the reviews look good, and say the book is complete!). Plus there’s already a book #2! She gets a job on tour with a band: “Lenny has never met anyone like the members of Double Blind Study and they easily adopt her into their makeshift family. Now, Lenny finds herself caring far too deeply for these tattooed misfits, daily bringing them closer and closer to revealing Lenny’s true past and everything she’s running from.“
- In Your Honor (Double Blind Study) by Heidi Hutchinson <— and here’s book #2!
- Swimming Through Clouds (A YA Contemporary Novel) by Rajdeep Paulus <—- OHHHH Good reviews for this and it sounds rich, deep and heartwarming!! “When high school cell phone disruption forces a classroom ban, the words on a Post-it note spark a sticky romance between two unlikely friends. Transfer student Talia Vanderbilt has one goal at her new school: to blend in with the walls. Lagan Desai, basketball captain and mathlete, would do just about anything to befriend the new girl. One Post-it note at a time, Lagan persuades Talia to peel back her heart, slowly revealing her treasure chest of pain—an absent mother, a bedridden brother, and an abusive father. In a world where hurt is inevitable, the two teens search for a safe place to weather the storms of life. Together.” Yeah… after the books I’ve been reading and loving, this sounds like it would be a great one to try.
- Unwanted Stars by Melissa Brown <— Reviews for this one look awesome. She goes on a year-long Europe tour but… “When a mysterious stranger enters her life, however, everything changes: her expectations, her priorities and her view of the world. And nothing for Auden will ever be the same.“
- A Selfish Moment by Tanya Miranda <— Not many reviews for this one, but sounds like it could be a bit tumultuous. Black out drunk, single-mother has a one-night with someone that she can’t remember. “In the next three days filled with impossible coincidences, humiliating moments, and mouthwatering recollections, Everett can’t find the right moment to express his intentions and Jubilee can’t let go of her past long enough to give Everett a chance.“
- Separation Anxiety by Lisa Suzanne <— okay yah, this one sounds goooood! Love triangle? Definitely sounds angsty. “On the same day I determined that I was finally going to file for divorce, I confessed my secret to Jesse Drake, my swoon-worthy colleague known for his womanizing ways. Jesse invited me to crash with him, and with each new piece of the enigmatic Jesse puzzle that I started to fit into place, I found myself wondering if Fate had pushed us together for a reason. If only my husband would stop getting in the way of the man with whom I was meant to be.“
- Stay (The Alexa Reed Series Book 1) by Hilary Wynne <— LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT!!! LOTS of good review for this one (on Amazon), and it sounds angsty! “Not only are Julian and Alexa struggling with the intensity of this new relationship, but they also have to contend with Luke, Alexa’s best friend, whose own love for her leaves him willing to do anything to convince her that Julian is not the man for her.“
- Hold On (The Alexa Reed Series Book 2) by Hilary Wynne <— and here’s book #2 (also LOTS of great reviews) but I won’t dare look at that blurb ’cause I am VERY interested in this series… I don’t wanna spoil it for myself.
- Cover Me: A Rock Star Romance by Carrie Elliott <— ROCK STAR ALERT! Oh this looks fun (and that cover doesn’t hurt either). Okay so his band gets a scathing review in a magazine and he quickly realizes the “…source of his problems: Bess Halprin, reviewer for The Scene, the girl next door growing up, and his ex-best friend since senior year when she decided to hate him for no reason.“
- Chains by Shiloh Walker <— ahhhh a gorgeous yet dark and creepy cover, and an amazingly intriguing blurb!! Did they get kidnapped? What is this one about… “The three girls each seemed charmed-until one tragic night shattered their hopes for normalcy. Now, fifteen years later, the women are returning to their hometown of Madison, Ohio, where three men await them-each dangerous in his own way. And when each of the women succumb to desire, they may also find the safety they’ve been searching for.“
- Beauty in the Ashes (Beautifully Broken Book 1) by Micalea Smeltzer <— RECENTLY RELEASED!!! DARK READ ALERT!!! Loooooooks gooooood!!! He’s survived a tragedy but he’s “barely human” anymore… “When Sutton Hale moves into the apartment across the hall from Caelan she’s not prepared for her reaction to him. Something in his broken blue eyes calls to her—after all she’s always had an irrational need to fix everything. But Caelan doesn’t do relationships or feelings. He does drugs and alcohol. However, he can’t ignore his desire to get to know the raven-haired woman across the hall.” <— Sherrrrryyyy!! I think this one’s calling us.
- Irrevocable by Skye Callahan <—- *eeeep!!* Dark read alert! “my Master… With pain came acceptance. Fully-dependent on the man who claimed me, I learned to appreciate what I had-life and relative safety. my Protector… I watched him spill blood and tend my injuries. With betrayal came a revelation.”
- Let Me Love You (The Love Series, Book Four 4) by Megan Smith <— expected release date July 21st 2014
- Poison Promise (Elemental Assassin Book 11) by Jennifer Estep <— expected release date July 22nd 2014
- Break the Sky by Nina Lane <— expected release date July 29th 2014 – Kindlelover reminded me about this one!! “Break the Sky is Nina Lane’s new spinoff to her spiral of bliss books and it’s on pre-order sale for 99 cents. I LOVED Arouse/Allure/Awaken and first learned about it from you! Thanks!!” Here’s the Spiral of Bliss Series Reading Order
- Sublime by Christina Lauren <— expected release date October 14th 2014