I’ve just figured it out. All of this “ebook hoarding” I’m doing? It’s not really hoarding. It’s collecting. Col-lect-ing. Everyone collects something, right? And they’re so much easier to manage in e-book format (so at least they’re not collecting actual dust. Virtual dust maybe, but I’ll get to ‘em and dust ‘em off then). But yes, I’m a little one-click happy. Sure.
And okay. Maaaaybeeee I’m preparing. You know, in case of a crazy zombie-apocalypse caused book-drought or somethin’. Although if that’s the case, there probably won’t be any electricity to charge my iPad. I better get me some extra solar-powered chargers, too. Tee hee!
Some serious stand-outs for me in this list that gave me the “I must read this” *jolt*. Like: Love Square, The Mourning After, Shocking Heaven, The Fault in Our Stars, Finding Bliss, A Table for Three (and of course a few that are already on my TBR list as of the last week or so).
So here are today’s latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
- Let Love In (The Love Series) by Melissa Collins
- Shadowed: Brides of the Kindred book 8 by Evangeline Anderson <— JUST RELEASED!
- Chocolate Lovers: Sweet Stories About Love, Friendship, and Inappropriate Behavior by Tara Sivec <— THE ENTIRE series! (thanks Lori!!) (my review of book #1 in this bundle)
- A Night to Forget (Emma’s Story) by Jessica Wood <— Stephanie found us this one saying: “A Night to Forget (Emma’s Story) by Jessica Wood is on SALE…!* This is the first book in a two-book series. The second book in the series, The Day to Remember, is scheduled to be released in August 2013.” and Meghan said: “ I read this – it was short but entertaining!”
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green <— I’m bringing this sale back up ’cause it’s too amazing to miss. And Meghan just commented: “5 stars – so amazing and breath taking – one of the best books I have ever had the pleasure of reading!” and Nikki said: “Have you ever found yourself starting a book that is SO GOOD you forget what time it is, and kinda forget that you are actually reading, you are THAT in it? 3 hours ago I was thumbing through FB, ho humming, saw your post on A Fault In Our Stars, bought the damn thing, now I can’t frigging put it down!”
- The Mourning After by Adriane Leigh <— Meghan also recommends this one: “4.5 stars – such a great read – very sexy, intense and angst ridden.”
- Finding Bliss by Dina Silver <— Meghan recommends this one: “4.5 stars – also a great read – very angst ridden, heart breaking, real – so good.
- Frigid by J. Lynn <— Meghan’s been a reading machine!! She recommends this one, too: “4 stars – very entertaining and sexy!”
- Love Square by Jessica Ingro <—- Oh! Is this as opposed to a love triangle? Okay lemme go read the synopsis. BRB …. Ohhhh YES!!!! I just read the synopsis and it gave me a jolt. That’s good!! On my list!
- The Nature of Cruelty by L.H. Cosway <— Lori just noticed this one is on sale, saying: “The Nature of Cruelty by L.H. Cosway… was on my wish list!” and Sherri says: “Loved this book ! L.H. Cosway’s Painted Faces is still my favorite.”
- Painted Faces <— by L.H. Cosway <— well, since Sherri brought it up. It’s bargain priced, too and I LOVED this book! (my review)
- Jane’s Melody by Ryan Winfield <— Jill loved it, too!! She says: “Just finished JANE’S MELODY BY RYAN WINFIELD. Loved Loved Loved it! Once again, you never steer me wrong, Maryse. Beautifully written and so touching on so many different levels. 5 STARS!” and Claudia and Kandace agree: “Loved it too. The last part of the book blew me away. I cried big fat ugly tears.” (my review)
- Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles) by Amelia Hutchins <— Michelle just reminded me of this one (that is high on my TBR list): “Has anyone else read FIGHTING DESTINY (The Fae Chronicles)? If you are in the mood for some paranormal, it’s a great read. Loved it! … Definitely NOT YA” and Susan agrees: “loved it can hardly wait for book 2″
- After Hours by Cara McKenna <— Oh I am SO happy Michelle brought this one back up. Bargain priced and one of my all-time favorites, she says (and then I went nuts) —> “Has anyone mentioned AFTER HOURS yet? Holy Macaroni. One of the best reads of 2013 for me. I am on board with 95% of your 5-star reviews, Maryse, so I am confident you would get sucked in the same way I did. I have never put so many bookmarks in a book on my Kindle. Hot & steamy, and I could not put it down. It’s kind of a toss-up for me between Saving Raine and After Hours for my summer favorite. MUST READ.” and then Lori says: “I loved this book!! I felt it all the way through, one of my favorites as well!” and Kylie says: “Loved After Hours. Such a great book. Cara McKenna.” and then Maryse (that’s me!!) says: “Michelle!!! I LOOOOOVED THAT BOOK!!!!!!! OMG yes I MISS them SO much. Now THAT was a steam-fest but soooo intense too. LOVED!!!!! Can you tell? LOL!” Bet you’re curious now. (my review)
- Surviving Raine by Shay Savage <— And since Michelle brought up this one, I must agree. This was a 5-star book and while it is on the edge of what I consider bargain-priced, it is worth every penny! (my review)
- The Taker: Book One of the Taker Trilogy by Alma Katsu <— price reduced until August 4th!
- Fear of Falling by S.L. Jennings <— Georgia highly recommends! “Wow oh wow just finished fear of falling by s l Jennings and it was so good! 4.5 stars for me… dark and angsty, tough subject matter. Really good.”
- Love Lost (Love’s Improbable Possibility) by Love Belvin <— Brandy loved it! “Has anyone read LOVE LOST by LOVE BELVIN?? I read it not that long ago and just finished book 2 a few weeks ago… LOVED the books.. but haven’t found anyone else who has read it… It’s supposed to be four books I think. The third is supposed to come out in October I believe…”
- Love UnExpected (Love’s Improbable Possibility) by Love Belvin <— book #2!
- Don’t Lie To Me by Stacey Lynn <— Kandace brings this one to our attention: “I’m hearing good things about Stacey Lynn’s newest release ‘Don’t Lie to Me’ (same author who wrote Just One Song).”
- Just One Song by Stacey Lynn <— a separate book but by the same author. Good reviews!
- One Night With a Rock Star by Chana Keefer! <– Janet brings this one to our attention.
- Left Drowning by Jessica Park <— I LOVED it so much and so did SO many of us. Claudia says: “I read “Left Drowning” yesterday , and i don’t know how to tell you ladies how much I loved! This is not your everyday love story, you are going to suffer with the characters, so prepare yourself I would give 1000 stars if i could.” (check out my review)
- Underestimated by Jettie Woodruff <— Nicole says: “I just want to thank whoever mentioned they were reading Underestimated on Maryse’s last saturday’s post…it wasn’t even on my radar and I picked it up right then and I LOVED IT!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!: (p.s. I hear this is extremely dark!!! Just a little “beware” notice. And yes, you know it’s high on my TBR list. hehe.)
- Shocking Heaven (Room 103) by D.H. Sidebottom <— this is new to me! Brought to our attention by Beverly saying: “Rock Star Romance… The first book, Shocking Heaven, was Really Good. The second book, Thrilling Heaven (Room 103) is Really, Really Good. Both were 5 stars for me. … Each book is a complete story with no cliffhangers.”
- Thrilling Heaven (Room 103) by D.H. Sidebottom <— and Shannon agrees! “I second your opinion……really liked both books!”
- All the Way (Entangled Indulgence) by Jennifer Probst <— I loved this author’s book “The Marriage Bargain” so I’m definitely interested in this. Thanks for the find, Aimee!!
- Lost and Found: Book One of the Emi Lost & Found series by Lori Otto <— I really enjoyed this series! Cori just started reading it and Stephanie said: “I just loved this series! Book 2 will be emotional…but, it’s totally worth it!” and Cori replied: “Can’t. Stop. Reading. You guys! These books are sooo good!!!” (warning- careful reading the reviews!! *spoilers* are out there!)
- Irreparably Broken (Irreparable) by K.J. Bell <— Lisa highly recommends! “I finished Irreparably Broken by KJ Bell last night & LOVED it! Brady & Tug made my weekend.”
- Seize Me (Breakneck Series) by Crystal Spears <— I know I already posted about this one (and it’s HIGH on my TBR list) – after all, look what Linh said: “Seize Me is sooooooo good. Like Undeniable good. 5 stars plus. Best biker book in a long time. It’s not for the faint of heart. Gritty. Graphic. Gripping. Highly recommend ladies.” But!! The reason I’m posting again is ’cause of Shannon. She found us something else!!! “Some lovely lady on here recommended Seize Me, which I really enjoyed. This then led me to research other titles by the author (Crystal Spears) and I found an AMAZING book called Talania-a trip down memory lane. I gave it 4.75**. Beautiful story. Can’t wait to read more from this author!”
- Talania – A trip down memory lane… by Crystal Spears <— here’s the other book from this author that Shannon mentioned. Great reviews, too!
- Dangerous Embrace (The Embrace Series) by Dana Mason <— Debra found us this one! “Just finish Dangerous Embrace… It was good, really enjoyed it”
- Precious Embrace (Embrace Series) by Dana Mason <— and book #2 was just released!
- Reverb by J. Cafesin <— Di-Ann highly recommends: “Just finished Reverb. Loved it! Very unusual story with great writing!”
- Love Realized (The Real Love Series) by Melanie Codina <— Kandace recommends: “If you need a break from the (young college virgin falls in love with local bad boy books) I would give this one a try. I enjoyed this book. It’s a sweet story that can be read between the intense and gritty books. It’s like sorbet for the mind. Every once in a while you need to read a sweet slow love story to cleanse the brain.”
- A Table for Three (New York) by Lainey Reese <— I’m getting soooo many great responses to this series. S-T-E-A-M-Y and they’re Doms!! Yes yes I wanna read!! (and book 3 just came out and I hear it’s awesome!). Tanya said: “OMG, Book hangover because I stayed up till 3am reading, I had to finish!! All I can say is I want my own Gage Hollister! Lord have mercy, that man can teach me any day. *Still fanning self*” *blush*
- Shine Not Burn by Elle Casey is rocking the charts (and is #24 on the NYT Best Sellers list!!). So many fellow readers loved it and it’s another that has been recently added (high) to my TBR list (I hear it’s hilarious, but a great mix of romantic angst, too).