And today is also officially one week from the start of Book Bash. Eeeeeeeep! I’m SO excited!! I’ve got so many butterflies in my stomach and my adrenaline is on overdrive right now. I think I’m in continuous *jolt* mode. Or maybe it’s the cup of coffee (or three) that I’ve had. Yep. Me. <—- Twitchy. LOL!!
But all that to say, you may have noticed my own actual reading and reviews have slowed down somewhat over the last few weeks. Oh… I’m still reading (after all, books are the love of my life… er… other than my husband. And my dogs. And my mom. And authors. And you guys). *giggle*
But it’s ’cause I’m mostly finalizing all of the Book Bash prep, and I’m a bit er… Book Bash-centric, right now. So, sure, while I’m not in my normal reading-binge-heaven, I’m still in book heaven ’cause of it.
That said, I’m still reading every day, but I’m only able to do so in nightly spurts for now. In fact, I’m still reading Under Locke (it’s almost 500 pages, so I’m not beating myself up too hard with how long it’s taking me) and I’m really enjoying it so far. I love his brooding, moody, grumpy, alpha-y self. And then when he’s sweet? *sigh*. Definitely a noticeable Kristen Ashley feel (and a few other *feels* and similarities that bring to mind other authors, books and characters that I’ve loved) but I’m having fun with it, overall.
And I’m SO thankful to you all for your book-feedback. MY TBR list is *quivering* in anticipation for me to choose the next one. Or is that me? LOL!!
Either way… I love you guys!!
So here’s today’s list (below) and with a bunch more that are making my TBR list burst at the seams, like: The Life You Left (crazy-sounding premise – her husband left her a goodbye note – and totally gave me a blurb jolt), Searching for Tomorrow (another husband lost, but I think it’s due to a tragedy), My Skylar (sounds like an intense love triangle), Here for the Cake (back on the list, ’cause I just know this is the “funny” AND romantic that I need), and Break Free (recluse-hero, and a heroine on the run)…
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Cooper (Corps Security Book 5) by Harper Sloan <— JUST RELEASED!!!!
- Raven by Ashley Suzanne <— FIGHTER BOOK!! JUST RELEASED!!! SHE’S also an MMA fighter “Letting my past dictate my future, allowing the best of the best male MMA fighters bully me day in and day out and knowing no matter what I do, Garrett will always be the only man that understands me. I didn’t have to live this way. One day changed the course of my life forever. Through all this mess, the one thing that I’ve found that keeps me centered … martial arts. And I’m damn good. If only someone would give me a chance to prove my worth.“
- Red & Wolfe, Part III: An Erotic Fairy Tale by Ella James <— JUST RELEASED!!!
- Sweet Addiction by Maya Banks
- The Life You Left by Carmel Harrington <— (that book up there to the left). Claudia found us this one saying: “I was waiting for this book very good reviews!” OH WHOA!!! Yep, I have to read this… married mother is suddenly left by her husband… ‘Sarah, I’m not coming home tonight. If you love me, you will give me the space I need… Tell the children I love them.’ but then… “But it turns out she isn’t quite as alone as she thought she was. When her beloved childhood friend, Edward, comes back into her life, Sarah thinks she’s finally been thrown a life line. There’s just one problem with Edward: no one else can see him.” Wow. YES!!! For me!!
- Searching for Tomorrow (Tomorrows Book 1) by Katie Mac <— and another that is calling my name “What happens when life conspires against you, and snatches your soul mate from your arms? …only her forever love ended much too soon. Broken beyond her own ability to repair, Wrynn boxes up her grief and attempts to raise her three girls the best she can on her own. As time slowly passes, Wrynn relives her life with Tripp while struggling most days to get out of bed. She is reminded of him at every turn.“
- Rapture by Sandi Lynn, JL Brooks, Selene Chardou, Kathryn McNeill Crane, Sarah Dosher, Kathryn Perez, Joanne Schwehm Mia Sheridan <— JUST RELEASED! This anthology contains eight previously published works by Amazon, USA, New York Times bestselling authors and more.
- Hustle Me (Bank Shot Romance Book 1) by Jennifer Foor <— Nancy found us this one! (He’s a bad boy hustler, and she’s just inherited her father’s bar… and all of it’s problems.)
- Late Call (Call #1) by Emma Hart <— Kat found us these saying: “Both books are the complete series.” Oh YES!! I remember this premise sounded awesome!! “She’s a high class call girl. He’s taking over his father’s business. Seven years ago, they fell in love in Paris. They walked away at the end of the summer, never imagining they’d meet again. Now he’s her client.“
- Final Call (Call, #2) by Emma Hart <— here’s the 2nd one!
- My Skylar by Penelope Ward <— This big hit is still on sale, but the author says: “My Skylar will be going to regular price in just two days. Now is the time to grab it at the limited sale price.” OOOOOOF!! This sounds like heartache fun! YES PLEASE! “Skylar was my best friend, but I secretly pined for her. One thing after another kept us apart, and I’ve spent the last decade in fear of losing her forever. First, it was the cancer, but she survived only to face the unthinkable at my hands. Because of me, she left town. For years, I thought I’d never see her again. But now she’s back…and living with him.“
- Veronica Mars: An Original Mystery by Rob Thomas: The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line by Rob Thomas <— Kat found us this one saying: “I am a Veronica Mars fanatic! This book is on sale”
- Drifting into Darkness by J.M. Rocca <— “…The guy all the girls wanted to change, the one that hooked up with random girls because he didn’t do relationships. He was exactly the kind of guy I wanted to stay away from, but there was something about him.“
- Therapist by Jaden Wilkes <— Stephanie found us this one saying: “Journey in the life of a madman…reality is altered through his eyes… !” Hehe. I skimmed VERY quickly the review titles and I especially like the one that says “Makes me want to go to therapy…” LOL! Yeah, these books usually do that to me, too. He’s a psychologist, a sociopath and… “I take what I want, when I want, and I enjoy picking the most tragic of all my patients to experiment with.” *eeeep!*
- Wrecked by Emily Snow <— JUST RELEASED!! From the blurb (tragedy with her sister, family is unraveling, she starts “anew” in University and…”Then Rhys, her new voice instructor, happens. He’s gorgeous and insanely talented, but he’s also a part of the dark past Evie is trying to overcome. Rhys’s brother is the reason why her life went up in flames, the reason why Lily, Evie’s sister, is dead. But even though Rhys is the last person Evie should ever want, for the first time in two years, wrecking things seems…right.“
- Finding Us (The Bad Boy Series Book 3) by S.K. Hartley <— JUST RELEASED!!! I know book #1 had me intrigued, but I can’t read this blurb in case it spoils anything for me… *sigh*.
- In Love with a Master by Jason Luke <— JUST RELEASED!!! “He knows she has feelings for him, but can he ever feel the same strength of emotion for her?“
- Havoc by Pamela Ann <— JUST RELEASED!! “…Then one day, she managed to escape her living nightmare.“
- Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles Book 1) by Jen Frederick <— JUST RELEASED!!! “I’d do anything to keep my mother alive. Anything, including ask Ian Kerr for help. I don’t know much about him, except that he has more money than some small countries. And he’s willing to spend it on me. Just one catch: there’s a string attached, and not just the one I feel pulling me into his arms and his bed. There’s also the plan for revenge he wants my help with.“
- Second Nature: When Seconds Count by D.L. Roan <— Stephanie found us this one. “Human trafficking is the fastest growing organized crime in the world. Survival is Second Nature.“
- Here for the Cake by Emily Poule <— and here’s the other end of the reading-mood spectrum. Funny!! I haven’t read it yet, but it’s from a list, or two ago, and I just know I’ll love to, by the reactions I’ve received. Like Evelia when she said: “”Here For the Cake” was awesome!! thanks for the recommendation list. Hope you read it someday.”
- The Chronicles of Moxie by Z.B. Heller <— and while I’m perusing the lighthearted fun with lots of great reviews books, look at this one! She’s a teacher, she gets drunk at a bar one night and er… let’s loose on his shoes. Ick. LOL!! But… “Just when she thinks things couldn’t get worse, her dream man turns out to be the single father of the newest student in her class.”
- Frigid by J. Lynn <— bargain priced and recommended by Yvette: “My favorite book would have to be Frigid by J.Lynn. I stayed up all night to read it as soon as I saw it had been delivered to my Kindle. It’s soooo good!” From the blurb… he’s always wanted her but… “Kyler will always be the poor boy from the wrong side of tracks, and Syd will always be the one girl he can never have.But when they’re stranded together at a posh ski resort due to a massive Nor’easter, there’s nothing stopping their red-hot feelings for each other from coming to the surface. Can their friendship survive the attraction?“
- Sawyer Says by Carey Heywood <— From one of the Book Bash spotlights, and Nicole recommends it: “This is one of my favorites! Grabbed me right from the Prologue!! “
- Break Free by Amber Garza <— FOR MEEEEE!!! he’s a recluse (a writer). I already loved the sound of that. But then I remembered it from one of my list’s a month or so ago when I re-read that blurb. She’s on the run and… “When Jade and Kyler meet they find solace in one another and start to heal. Until Jade stumbles upon Kyler’s latest manuscript and is shocked to find that it is her story. One he couldn’t know.” And then Megan said: “I LOVED this book. Kyler is pretty incredible.” <— YEP. You know I one-clicked it.
- Scoring Wilder by R.S. Grey <— This is from the latest release list but I’m bringing it back. “Teacher-student-ish” ’cause he’s her sexy coach and Lori is loving! “I’m about 70% in and this book is sooo refreshing, no broken people, hateful parents, sickness or annoying h! Loving it, fun read! Kins and Becxa are hilarious and Liam is hot!! Sexy funny read! So far…perfect!” <— FOR ME!!!
- Rusty Nailed (The Cocktail Series) by Alice Clayton - expected release date June 24th 2014
- Come to Me Softly: The Closer to You Series by A.L. Jackson - expected release date June 24th 2014
- Breathe With Me (With Me In Seattle Book 7) by Kristen Proby - expected release date June 24th 2014
- When Day Breaks (A KGI Novel) by Maya Banks – expected release date June 24th 2014
- The Stark Trilogy 3-Book Bundle: Release Me, Claim Me, Complete Me by J. Kenner – expected release date June 24th 2014
- The Fever Series 6-Book Bundle: Darkfever, Bloodfever, Faefever, Dreamfever, Shadowfever, Iced by Karen Marie Moning <— – expected release date June 24th 2014 - ONE OF MY FAVE SERIES OF ALL TIME!!!
- Cracks in the Armor by Helena Hunting - expected release date June 23rd 2014