Oh look! I made a list. I checked it twice. I’m gonna find out which ones are naughty and nice. *waggles eyebrows* Especially naughty!!! *winces* ;) Tee hee! Okay, listen… it’s too early in the day for my “corny humor”, I know. I think I need another coffee.
But all that to say I am HIGHLY tempted by a few below, but not enough to sway me from the current AWESOME angst-fest that I’m happily drowning in. For those that have missed it, I’m in the midst of an “old school indie feel” series, that gives me that “Thoughtless/Beautiful Disaster” falling in love torment, and I couldn’t be happier! Wanna read my review of book #1? —> Book Review – Bad Things by R.K. Lilley (Tristan & Danika #1)
Not that the ones tempting me, on this list, aren’t gonna be AS awesome as what I’m reading now, but I think it’s a testament to this book —> (Rock Bottom (Tristan & Danika #2), when I can’t even be *squirreled* away from it. In fact, it’s going to KILL me, I know it. Even Liz said so:
Liz: I nearly died reading book 2 – hard, but really good.
Jean: Oh Maryse, I am so happy you are loving this series! Hate to say “I told you so”, but…….hahahaha;) Hold on tight, the rollercoaster has just started! Love, love, love this series so much!!!!!!!
THAT reaction is EXACTLY what I’m looking for in my reads. THAT kind of emotion… that kind of heartache, those stomach dips!! I’m a sucker for punishment, but I know it’s gonna be SO gooooooood!!!!! *Oh I’m wayyyy too eager for that “rocking myself in the corner” reaction*
So, once I get over my angst-fest, what’s next for me?
Maybe Someday <— HECK YAH!!!!! This one sounds right up our alley!! And then, I need to continue with my Kathleen Turner Series (I know I’m gonna regret squirreling on this one, ’cause it’s gonna get crazy, too!!), Spin (Songs of Corruption #1) (Especially after THOSE recommendations, below), The Other Sister (intriguing storyline!! My aunt LOVED it, and she has similar book tastes), and Too Consumed (MMA FIGHTER!! *heart*)
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Falling Under #3 by Jasinda Wilder <— JUST WENT LIVE ON AMAZON!!!! I know SO many here went nuts over #1 (Falling Into You) so I anticipate lots of angsty reactions over this one, too! P.S. This one’s a standalone!
- Spin (Songs of Corruption #1) by CD Reiss <— JUST RELEASED!!! And Carol loved it. “Just finished a good one…it’s going to be a series, but no cliffy! Loved it from start to finish! Spin is pure grade-A alpha” and Lori loves it, too!!! And this author’s OTHER series has been on my main TBR list for far too long (thanks to Sandra’s rec), so you know what? I’m movin’ it right up. (P.S. Here’s the “other” series that is highly loved —> Songs of Submission Series Reading Order)
Lori: I am completely INTO Spin (songs of corruption) by CD Reiss!!! I haven’t read anything from her before…but loving the capo!! I’ll have to go back and read SOS!
Janet: Loved her first series. Just read that spin is not a cliffhanger…yay, I’m on it!
Lori: and I’m DONE!! loved it hard! I was so in the mood for this! It was calling my name and it did not disappoint!
Maryse: YAY!!!! That one is on my main TBR list (’cause Sandra tells me it’s a MUST read). Okay, I’m on it soon!
- Fallen Crest Alternative Version by Tijan <—- LOOK what was JUST RELEASED!!! I know a TON of our crew LOVE LOVE LOVE this series (from back in our “old school indie days”, but it’s not “officially” a part of the series? Say what? LOL! The author says this:
“This book was originally written to be the sequel to Fallen Crest High. It was scrapped and not used. Fallen Crest Family was written instead as the number two book in the Fallen Crest Series. However; this version was posted on the author’s page for free reading as a thank you to her readers. After reading what she posted, enough fans requested this story to be published so here it is. This book is not meant to be promoted or a part of the Fallen Crest Series. It has been published at the readers’ requests and it is for them to enjoy. With all this said, please enjoy. The original chapters are still posted for free reading.” <— P.S. (here is the Fallen Crest Series Reading Order)
- Divided: Brides of the Kindred 10 by Evangeline Anderson <— JUST RELEASED!!!!!! I know so many in our reading crew love this series! (Brides of the Kindred Series Reading Order)
- Submit and Surrender (Club Volare) by Chloe Cox <— JUST RELEASED!! Very popular BDSM club series. I read one in the middle that was had a rock star Dom and it was good! They’re standalones —> Club Volare Series Reading Order
- The Ice Seduction (Ice Romance) by SK Quinn <— JUST RELEASED!! Oh this sound like “alpha-jerk” fun!! “When Seraphina Harper accepts a nanny position at Mansfield Castle, she’s intrigued to learn that her new boss is Lord Patrick Mansfield – a young, wealthy ex-army officer who is as tough as he is handsome. Strong and disciplined, Patrick believes that in his cold woodland castle, what he says goes.“
- A Shade Of Vampire 6: A Gate Of Night by Bella Forrest <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Off the Record (The Record Series) by K.A. Linde <— Summer loves this new release! “Off the Record was so good 5 stars for me can’t wait for the next book!!”
- Seeing Stars by J. Sterling <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Anything He Wants by Sara Fawkes <— I remember when this popular “Fifty-like” serial series was being released one installment at a time… and then they were compiled into a book! And now?
- Blue Lines: The Assassins Series by Toni Aleo <— HOCKEY STAR ALERT!! book #1! (here is the The Assassins Reading Order)
- Ruin by Rachel Van Dyken <— TEARJERKER ALERT!! This one was pretty popular amongst our crew and now had two more releases since. (here’s my review and The Ruin Series Reading Order)
- Sweet Rome (Sweet Home) by Tillie Cole <— Aimee found us this sale! – several have recommended this one.”
- Just the Sexiest Man Alive (Berkley Sensation) by Julie James <— Aimee found this one, too! “ – never read the series but looks good” and Claudia says: “This book is good..” Saly agrees: “Great Book Also check out Practice makes Perfect”
- Just Remember to Breathe (Thompson Sisters) by Charles Sheehan Miles <— (Thanks Alexis!!) The books in this sweet & touching series…! I loved ‘em all (well, I still have two “new novellas to catch up on” but the main books? SO GOOD!! my Book Review
- The Last Hour (Thompson Sisters) by Charles Sheehan Miles <— TEAR JERKER!!!! My favorite one of the bunch!!! my Book Review
- Walk On The Striped Side (Big Bad Bite Series) by Jessie Lane <— Aimee found us this one for us “shifter” lovers! (and it’s fairly recent release)
- The Darkness of Perfection by Michael Schneider <— DARK READ ALERT!! This one’s on the edge of our “bargain pricing comfort” but Di-Ann just found it and loves it! “Hi All! I am about 60% in and loving it. Different kind of kidnapping story. Dark with our favorite Stockholm Syndrome theme. She, the kidnapped, is not there yet but you can see the writing on the wall!! Older book, 2011, but I am glad I found it!!!” <—- ooooooooooooh!!!
- Never Let Me Go by LK Gandy <— NEW RELEASE!! (thanks Jenny!)
- Destroyed by Pepper Winters <— recent release and it’s back on the list ’cause Clarissa says: “I just read Destroyed and I am DESTROYED! Ladies you must read this book! I promise y’all will love it!”
- Legal Action – Box Set Edition: Books 1-4 (Surrendering Charlotte Chronicles) by Kimball Lee <— Aimee found us this book bundle! “She’s surrounded by hot men but her life revolves around work and she doesn’t have time for love or sex. Until Alexander Bly, the stop-the-clock gorgeous, billionaire publishing magnate becomes her newest client at the law firm. He’s the man responsible for the magazine cover that turned Charlotte into every man’s sex fantasy.“
- Training Season by Leta Blake <— Aimee found us this M/M sale!
- Too Consumed (Consumed Series Book 2) by Skyla Madi <—- FIGHTER BOOK ALERT!! EEEEEEEEEP!!! (this is book #2, just recently released)! Considering how much I enjoyed book #1, I totally one-clicked it! (Here’s my review of #1)
- Like You (Perfectly Flawed Series) by Rachel Dunning <— handsome cover – thanks Aimee! Just a couple of reviews, though, so far, and I’m not able to get much of a gauge by that blurb…
- The Other Sister (Sister Series, #1) by Leanne Davis <— My aunt recommends these!!! She’s quite passionate about ‘em, in fact: “What are you looking for in a book?! Fear, rage, angst, love, big tall heroes, tears of joy and tears of sadness, anxiety of what will the next page hold, quick, let’s get there, and then it’s 3am and you HAVE to go to sleep, argh! What book has all that. “The other sister” and “The good sister”! Wow. Be ready for a roller coaster of emotions. That’s all I have to say.” <— WHOA. I just read the blurb and it DOES sound sooooo up our alley!
- The Good Sister (Sister Series, #2) by Leanne Davis <— Here’s book #2, but I won’t read the synopsis so as not to spoil #1 for me. I’m definitely putting these on my TBR ASAP!
- Outlaw by Nicole James <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! Kandace says: “Outlaw by Nicole James is on sale. I read this one last year and enjoyed the story. It’s an MC-ish story that has a few twists.” Hey yah, I read this one, too! I think I was looking for more hardcore biker intensity so I didn’t go crazy like I wanted to, but… Still a fun biker-read if you’re in the mood for a quick and easy romance read that delves into badder-than-bad-boy territory, without it getting too intense. (my review)
- Lover Uncloaked (Stealth Guardians #1) by Tina Folsom <— many fans of this author, in our group… from back in my paranormal days!! Book #1 in a new series!
- Winters Heat (Titan #1) by Cristin Harber <— I’m hearing good things about this series! Victoria says: “For those that enjoy romantic suspense I can’t recommend enough Cristin Harber’s new Titan series. I’ve read book one and two and both were five star reads for me! Colby from Winter’s Heat has some very yummy alpha tendencies! One of the best new series I’ve read EVER!”
- The Color of Hope (The Color of Heaven Series) by Julianne MacLean <— from the blurb it looks like a deeper book/mystery/romance.
- Forgive Me by Ashley Beale <— Recent release, sounds interesting by the blurb (from reviews appears to need editing…) She’s been gone for ten years… “Lexi now has to explain to her family why at only twenty four years old she has a nine year old son. She also has to explain to Zander how he is unknowingly a father after all these years, and how her feelings never changed even with all this time apart. Two weeks before he is about to get married.”
- Borrowed Dreams (Debbie Macomber Classics) by Debbie Macomber <— sale priced! I love this author’s “movies” (LOL!) so this one definitely intrigues me… “Tough and adventurous, she journeys to the wilds of Alaska looking for a new beginning. She finds more than she bargained for in Brand St. Clair, a rugged bush pilot who stirs something primal inside Carly that shocks her with its intensity. But he’s also a man with wounds, a widower stuck in the past. Carly desires him deeply, but she can’t compete with a dead woman for a place in his heart.” Oh wow… I just noticed many of her books are on sale!
- Falling For A Stranger (Callaways #3) by Barbara Freethy <—”Drew Callaway is a former Navy pilot and rescue operative looking for his own escape from a life that has seen too much tragedy. Meeting Ria is like embracing the sun, and their single night together is life-changing. But the dream quickly fades when Ria is killed in a tragic accident at sea. Months later, thousands of miles away from where they first met, Drew sees a woman who looks just like Ria…” <— WHOA.
- Wild Heat by Bella Andre <— FIREFIGHTER ALERT!! “Maya Jackson doesn’t sleep with strangers. Until the night grief sent her to the nearest bar and into the arms of the most explosive lover she’s ever had. Six months later, the dedicated arson investigator is coming face-to-face with him again. Gorgeous, grinning Logan Cain. Her biggest mistake. Now her number one suspect in a string of deadly wildfires.“
- Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover <— LOTS of great early reviews already for this one! I’ll be reading it right after my current angst-fest, so we’ll likely be reading it together!!
- Tied With Me (With Me In Seattle) by Kristen Proby <— releasing Tuesday March 18th 2014! I love this cover!!
- Behind His Eyes – Truth (Consequences) by Aleatha Romig <— releasing Tuesday March 18th 2014!