BIG HUGE LIST DAY and I’m so happy!!! Plus it’s Friday, which is my favorite day ever. Next to Saturday. Saturday’s my favorite ’cause I can read my heart out the whole day. And then the next day too. Guilt-free!
Today is LOADED in new biker books (a SLEW of ‘em just released), a few darkish ones, a bunch of sweeeeet sounding ones, and some tear-jerkers.
So… what am I currently reading? *blush* Er… I’m so caught up in my current TBR list that I’m reading TWO kind of at the same time. Full Measures (tear jerker and I’m in the mood for that!) and Turn to Me (The Kathleen Turner Series #2) ’cause I’m in the mood for a series marathon read.
They’re different enough that I don’t mix ‘em up. *shrug* I dunnnnooo… but it’s kind of working. Gah!! I couldn’t choose, you guys. I wanted to read ‘em both equally, so… I let my book-glutton self indulge just this once, and I’m loving’ ‘em!!
Jean: Are you still reading the Kathleen Turner series with me??
Maryse: Yep I am!! … I’m free for the whole day today!! So I’m going to read my heart out.
Jean: Cool! Loving the 2nd book Kathleen Turner book so much better….
Maryse: Jean… I just did something bad. I started TWO books at once today. *whoops* My 2nd Kathleen Turner book, but then Celeste tempted me on a newish one that was already on my radar ’cause of other recommendations —> Full Measures – and she just told me it would make me sob and it was amazing… Oh boy. So two for me today, but the fact that you’re loving #2 even more than #1 makes me VERY happy!! *stupid squirreling* (shakes head)…
Jean: Maryse! You are such a bad (good) influence on me….of course I had to go read just the first couple pages of Full Measures (just to see) and was immediately hooked from the 1st page! Now, I am reading 2 books at once…. Haha!!
Linda: I haven’t tried that type of multitasking yet:-) not sure I’m that gifted:-)
Jean: I don’t know if I’m that gifted either, but I’m trying, and it’s all Maryse’s fault!! And now I am trying not to ugly cry at the hair salon!!! It’s just the dye fumes getting to my eyes….that’s all…haha!
Tee hee!! Poor Jean. But then again, YAY Jean!!! We’re being book-gluttons together!! I don’t feel so bad now.
Okay so, are ya ready for the goodies? LOTS and LOTS!!!
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Love Hacked: A reluctant romance (Knitting in the City) by Penelope Reid <— JUST RELEASED RIGHT NOW!!!
- Destroyed by Pepper Winters <— JUST RELEASED TODAY! I know there are a bunch in our crew that love this author (and her other “dark” series)! I need to read her. Author notes: “No cliffhanger. Stand alone.” and Jenny just updated us saying: “LOVED LOVED LOVED Destroyed by Pepper Winters!! It’s a little bit of a departure from her normal writing but it was still a fantastic book!!“
- THERAPY by Kathryn Perez <— my BFF Sherry LOVED it. I totally one-clicked it. What a DEAL!
- Unbearable Guilt (Breathe Again) by Emma Grayson <— Beverly loved this one! “I’ve read a couple of books this week that were 5 stars for me. One was Unbearable Guilt by Emma Grayson…” –> from the blurb, he’s devastated from the death of his fiancee and “As Kane gets closer to those responsible for Aimee’s death, he is thrown a curveball when he discovers a secret so devastating it rocks his world and threatens to destroy his chance at happiness.“
- This Regret by Victoria Ashley <— Beverly also suggests this one: “and the other is This Regret by Victoria Ashley. Both were really great books. Hope this helps!” — Love triangle caught between two brothers: “This Regret is a story of love, lust, betrayal and danger with an ending that no one saw coming.” and Lauren LOVES it!! “This Regret by Victoria Ashley is hands down THE best book I’ve read this year. KELLAN!!!!“
- Craving Redemption (The Aces MC #2) by Nicole Jacquelyn <— BIKER BOOK! Laura recommends book #2 that was just released saying: “Just finished craving redemption by Nicole Jacquelyn and I liked craving constellations but I really really liked craving redemption!! It’s got all the goods in it u will all love it!!” and Shannon agrees: “Agree – I have enjoyed the two books in the series!” <— I read book #1 and I liked it a lot! (Here’s my review of Craving Constellations)
- Remember Our Song: A Billionaire Romance
- Writing Our Song: A Billionaire Romance by Emma South <— On sale, too.
- Stolen by Lucy Christopher <— I LOVED THIS ONE!!! One of my favorite “dark reads” is on sale right now! and I paid full price when I first read it). Now… it’s not near as dark as some of our super-dark ones (so have no fear), but OMG I could NOT put this one down, I stayed up all night until I finished it… and that ending. WOW!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this unique, kidnappy but super-awesome story. MUST READ! (here’s my review of Stolen).
- Fraternizing (Fraternizing #1) by C.C. Brown <— MILITARY!!! this one’s back on sale (thanks Aimee) and it sounds like it’s somewhat of a forbidden love story. “They feel it, they want it, but one thing stands in their way… The Marine Corps order on Fraternizing.“
- Wasted Heart by Nicole Reed <— ROCK STAR ALERT! (thanks Aimee) and Kirsten says: “Loved this book! I’m a sucker for a hot rock star! … It can be read as a standalone… but it’s part of the Ruining Series. All of her books are actually on sale…”
- Beyond Me: Sex on the Beach by Jennifer Probst <— JUST RELEASED (thanks Aimee!) and Jillian says: “Finished this the other day. It was pretty good!”
- Between Us: Sex on the Beach by Jen McLaughlin <— and another new release “sex on the beach” one. Hrmmm… is this a sort of… series with different authors?
- Touching Scars by Stacy Borel <— MILITARY!! Aimee found us this deal, too! “Timber Nelson has recently returned home after serving two tours in Iraq. Suffering from PTSD, he’s a shadow of the man he was before his time in the military. Instead of learning to live with the nightmares he faced in the war, he drowns them in a bottle of Crown.” (P.S. She’s damaged, too… and then they find each other).
- Becoming Sir by Ella Dominguez <— DOM Alert! (thanks Aimee) and can be read as a standalone (even though it’s part of a series – This is Sawyer’s journey into becoming Dominant, Master, Sir.).
- Falling for the Marine (A McCade Brothers Novel) by Samanthe Beck <— MILITARY HERO!! “Former military brat Chloe Kincaid is looking for an ego-boosting, no strings attached hook up. But when her positively panty-melting neighbor (aka Major Hottie) shows up on her massage table, their off-the-charts chemistry overrides her no-military-men policy until they’re caught.” Lots of good reviews for this one!
- Private Practice (Entangled Brazen) by Samanthe Beck <— Thanks Marisa!!
- Keep Me by Faith Andrews <— BEST FRIEND’S BROTHER! (thanks Aimee!). He’s a player and she’s a single mother … “Finally rid of her abusive, alcoholic ex, she’s making a new life for herself and catching up with old friends; the ones she was forced to break ties with because of her controlling husband.”
- Bound (Fire on Ice) by Brenda Rothert <— FAMOUS GUY ALERT!! (He’s a famous hockey star AND an underwear model). *waggles eyebrows* One that I’ve reviewed back in December (my review)
- Perfect (Book 3 of the Pierced Series) by J.C. Mells <— JUST RELEASED and Shannon says: “So happy! Perfect, Book 3 in the Pierced Series is now live! I would highly recommend this series.” and Aimee agrees! “*happy dance* I recently finished books 1 & 2 and have fallen in love!! Can’t wait!!” (here is the Pierced Series Reading Order)
- Hardwired (The Hacker Series) by Meredith Wild <— BILLIONAIRE alert!! Brought to my attention when Victoria asked if we knew when book #3 would be out. And it looks right up our alley! “Days after her college graduation, she finds herself face to face with a panel of investors who will make or break her fledgling startup. The only thing she didn’t prepare for was going weak in the knees over an arrogant and gorgeous investor who seems determined to derail her presentation.” (he’s a billionaire hacker)…
- Hardpressed (The Hacker Series #2) by Meredith Wild (book #2). P.S. I have your answer Victoria!! “Hardline will be released in the Spring of 2014.”
- Dark Desire (Dark Series #2) by Christine Feehan <— I know, right? This is a blast from the past, but Trish’s recent enthusiasm for this series (she just discovered it) reminded me of how much I LOVED #1 & #2. Especially #2. This one is right up our alley in regards to SUPER dangerous alpha-male and that one woman that dares to get near him even though she’s warned away! The only difference is, he’s a vampire… And it’s actually in our “bargain price” range so I thought I’d bring this one back out, to play. (here’s my very old review)
Trisha: Almost finished with Christine Feehan’s Dark Curse, Book 17 in her Carpathian series, and I have been addicted to this series since book 1. I have every single book in the series so far and am patiently awaiting for Dark Blood to be released in September…. Oh and just to let you know how much I enjoy the series, my husband gets to sit back and laugh at me when I read something particularly funny, conversations between lifemates, and I bust out laughing to the point that he wants me to tell him what is so funny. Its got a little of everything, Ive even caught myself cussing at the books when something happens that I dont like Lol
Maryse’s Book Blog: I loved #1 and #2 (er… was it #2? The one where he’s been imprisoned in that wall for hundreds of years and he’s pretty vicious when they release him)? And they are scared for the girl that found him ’cause he’s so dangerous? THAT one was my FAVORITE!!!
- Enticed (The Fullerton Family Saga) by Ginger Voight <— Melissa highly recommends these! “Ginger voights Fullerton fam series is just as amazing as well and all 3 books have released. Both series are absolute must reads!” (here is The Fullerton Family Saga Series Reading Order)
- Mustang Sassy (Entangled Edge) by Daire St. Denis <— recent release. Looks like fun by the synopsis, but the reviews are a bit all over the place… “When Sass Hogan catches her boyfriend slow-dancing and doing the tongue-tango with Tori Double-D-Cup Hunter, she pays him back the only way she knows how—by taking a tire iron to his beloved ’67 Mustang Fastback. There’s only one problem. She’s destroyed the wrong car.” <— hehe. *whoooops* I bet the owner LOVED that.
- Dust to Dust: A Broken Fairy Tale by S.P. Cervantes <— NEW RELEASE.. looks like a “torrid affair” love story…
- Blue Rose (A Flowering Novel) by Sarah Daltry <— (thanks Aimee!)
- Asher (Boys South of The Mason Dixon #1) by Effy Vaughn <— NEW RELEASE! Bobbi recommends it: “I just finished Asher in the Boys South of the Mason Dixon Series. Author is Effy Vaughn. I cannot even say how awesome book 1. This series is going to be sooooo good! The next book is Bray and it looks like it will be out soon.” — “Five brothers who help their momma run their farm during the work week, while seeing how many women they can sweet talk out of their panties on the weekends.”
- Aflame (Apotheosis) by Krissy Daniels <— JUST RELEASED (paranormal). It sounds pretty good from the blurb: “Grayce has been on the run for years. Having escaped an abusive relationship with a violent psychopath, she is trying to rebuild her life one small step at a time. Things are going well until Zander crosses her path, badass and sexy as hell. … Tyr will do anything to get his little dove back. She is a Beacon, and her raw, burning energy gives him power and strength. More than the evil that already compels him. But a blond giant of a man hovers protectively around her. No matter. He’ll play with him too.“
- Trouble by Samantha Towle <— Bianca loves it! “Omg I have been in a book funk for a while and then I read Trouble by Samantha Towle and I LOVED it (and now I’m back where I started)!! … I found myself laughing, crying, falling in love and appreciating every page of this book!!!!! It’s a must read xx”
- Lissa: Sugar and Spice (The Wilde Sisters) by Sandra Marton <— recent release and looks sweet. She’s a famous chef and he’s a famous actor and both are struggling with their lives…
- Beyond Reason (Beyond Love Series #3) by Karice Bolton <— this one looks sweet too! “As long as she sticks to the rules everything should be fine, but that’s always been her problem. She never sticks to the rules, and she has two best friends determined to find her perfect match, even if that means digging up her old high school boyfriend.”
- Revenge #1 by JJ Knight <— STREET musician in LA! Tons of great reviews on this one and book #2 was just released. “Jess moves to LA for her dream job as a music intern. On her first day, she bumps into Dylan busking on a street corner. Dylan Wolf has a gritty voice. His eyes are soulful. His incredible body is to die for, tattoos and all. When Dylan looks at Jess, she feels emotions she’s never had before. He can be sweet, but his dark moods scare her. When he sings, the whole world falls away.“
- Revenge #2 by JJ Knight <— holy moly this recent release already has a ton of great reviews, too!!
- Dray (Custom Culture #3) by Tess Oliver <— RECENT RELEASE and well… you can be sure THAT cover caught my eye. And I’m not getting too much from the blurb, but I think he’ a fighter? Biker? BUT! Authors warns they should be read in order and this is book #3.
- The Possibility of Trey (A Hellion MC Novel) (Hellion Motorcycle Club) by J.A. Hornbuckle <— He’s the president of an MC… “When Dallas meets with her boss’s, boss’s, boss she can’t get over her discrimination against men who ride. Trey had thought he’d be meeting with another man, not a beautiful girl. But as fate continually throws them together, the two find it thrilling that something wonderful is building between them. One that transcends their roles and responsibilities, their choices and prejudices, even their busy everyday lives.”
- Impossibly (Dante’s Nine MC) by Colleen Masters <—- BIKER BOOK and just released. This one sounds a bit crazy! He’s an MC member and an underground fighter (death matches!), and she “answers an unlikely Craigslist ad for a dream summer internship in Las Vegas, she has no idea she’s about to fall into the web of the dangerous and mysterious badass biker Declan Tiberi. He’ll move her out to Vegas, give her the funding, resources, and business connections to start her company…the only catch: she has to sign a contract promising that she won’t fall in love with Declan–if she does she’ll lose everything.”
- Gator by Bijou Hunter <— also recently released (short story). “My scars terrify most people, but she views me as the sun, shining light into the darkness of her past. I am a killer, yet gave her life. She is mine and I dare anyone to stand in my way.”
- Safe House (Steel Infidels Biker MC Romance) by Dez Burke <— BIKER BOOK JUST RELEASED – “Veterinarian Dr. Kendra Shaw has never ignored an animal in need. So when a call comes in about an injured eagle she doesn’t think twice about going alone to a secluded cabin to meet the caller. What she finds there sets her on a shocking path she never imagined…”
- Deviant (Blood & Roses) by Callie Hart <— I’m bringing this one back, ’cause even if it’s a serial, and this one ends abruptly, from the comments I’ve received, it would seem it’s addictive as heck! Kate says: “Just read Deviant by Callie Hart. Holy Jesus crap. Down the rabbit hole and I want more! Had the book tinglies for the first time in foreeeeeeeeeeeever. The thinking about it all day fog. Now I’m in the sad “I’m never gonna start another book cause they’re just not gonna be as good” sadness…” <— WHOA!! THAT is the feeling I’m looking for!!!
- Sinners at the Altar (Sinners on Tour) by Olivia Cunning <— releasing this Tuesday (March 11th 2014)
- Crash Into Love (Entangled Indulgence) by Sofia Grey <— short story (older woman/younger man!) releasing this Tuesday (March 11th 2014)
- Off the Record (The Record Series) by K.A. Linde <— releasing this Tuesday (March 11th 2014)
- Power Play: A Novel by Danielle Steele <— releasing this Tuesday (March 11th 2014)
- Pretty Little Things by Teresa Mummert <— releasing this Tuesday (March 11th 2014)
- Aftershock (Cosmo Red-Hot Reads from Harlequin) by Sylvia Day <— releasing this Tuesday (March 11th 2014)
- Captured in Surrender: A MacKenzie Family Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Liliana Hart <— releasing this Tuesday (March 11th 2014)
- Seeing Stars by J. Sterling <— releasing this Thursday (March 13th 2014)