Oh! And while I’m here, for those of you wanting a change of pace (book-wise) I read this really er… “inspirational” one (not religious, though) this week. A Winter Dream: A Novel by Richard Paul Evans. It’s not our usual (not a romance book) BUT!! It had the heartbreak, the romance, the heartbreak, the family drama, the rock bottom and the mega-ending. VERY GOOD read, gorgeously written (at first, I thought it was a real-life auto-biography, it was so personal), and just so enlightening. Personal growth and all that. Good stuff (even if parts of the ending were a little hard to believe, but still, the message as a whole? Just so ahhhhhh, you know?)
And!! There are a few below that look far from inspirational, but full on guilty-pleasure like. *giggle* Like that one up there to the left (Jacked - cop romance YAY!!) and Rock Me Hard (ROCK STAR interview and he broke her heart once…) and DEBT (OMG THAT BLURB!!!! Sounds like one of those kind of darkish… fetishy books – on HER part, at least… but he’s looking for revenge) and Playing for Love at Deep Haven (another heartbreaker rock star…) and Such a Pretty Girl (not at all on sale – sorry guys but I couldn’t help but post this one – ’cause that blurb gave me scary goosebumps). Flawed (just… EEEEEP!!!!!!) Oh and! Love’s Suicide (sounds SO angsty!!!).
Also: bikers below on super-sale (including one of my absolute FAVORITES), actually a few of my 5-star favs are down there, and some sweet-sounding ones, and one about a girl from the streets lured into a sect!! Aptly entitled “The Sect“. LOL!! Okay this is gonna be fun!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Also, while these bargain finds and new releases “look” great (and/or have awesome reviews and recommendations), unless I have my own personal review link next to it, I likely haven’t read it myself… I just found it and wanted to share it in case it’s awesome. So if you read it, let me know if it’s awesome. LOL!
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Jacked (Trent Brothers Book 1) by Tina Reber <— JUST RELEASED!!!! He’s a cop, being followed by a “reality show”, and she’s a doctor that needs to assist him.
- A Very Merry Hockey Holiday (The Assassins Series Book 7) by Toni Aleo <— JUST RELEASED!!!
- The Clayton Falls Series by Alyssa Rose Ivy <— JUST RELEASED!! All three books bundled right here! “Broken over the death of her fiancé, Molly leaves law school to return to her childhood home in North Carolina. Expecting to lay low until she can figure out what else to do with her life, she finds herself in the arms of her high school sweetheart, the boy who represents everything from the past she tried to leave behind.“
- Let Down Your Hair by Fiona Price <— JUST RELEASED!!! “When Sage meets the male nude model she saw from her grandma’s office window, her sheltered world begins to unravel. She starts asking questions about how she was brought up, and the teenage mother who abandoned her.” (something about “witches” in this one…)
- Club Luxe 4: Tortured Heart (Billionaires Underground) by Olivia Noble <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Losing Johnny – A New-Adult Novel by Rachel Dunning <— JUST RELEASED!! “Two guys. Four hearts. One major freakin problem…“
- Fate: Adam & Evette by Maya James <— JUST RELEASED!!! REBOUND DATERS! “Each of them is longing for something more intense and meaningful, and fate brings them together online in a support system for rebounding daters. The only problem—they’re perfect for each other but too far away to do anything about it.“
- Many Colored Glass by Theresa Jenner Garrido <— JUST RELEASED! A killer… and a love-of-her-life… “Grace Hammond shed her dismal past and moved to the South Carolina Low Country to join friends and make a fresh start. The colorful locals charm, delight… and terrify. For one of them is a killer. And one of them will become the love of her life.“
- Caching In: A Geocaching Love Story by Tracy Krimmer <— JUST RELEASED!! “Determined to try something new, Ally becomes absorbed in the world of geocaching. The high-tech driven scavenger hunt introduces her to Seth, and she realizes the game isn’t the only thrilling part.” Hey!!! I used to Geocache! That’s soon fun!
- The Sect by Courtney Lane <— JUST RELEASED!!! From a life on the streets to… “The consequence of trusting the prepossessing stranger results in her being stolen away to a place unknown. Her deceptive new surroundings are just as beautiful as the people who reside there. She discovers that it’s a place where the culture of sex without limits or morals is their religion…“
- His Jar of Hearts: A Broken Fairy Tale by S.P. Cervantes <— JUST RELEASED “Kat Pierce is a fiercely independent thirty something who knows Joey’s womanizing ways far too well. When she lands a teaching job and moves into her cousin’s house at the shore, she finds herself with Joey more than she would like.”
- Love Me Tender by Paisley Cruz <— JUST RELEASED!! COUNTRY MUSIC INDUSTRY! “A week before her internship begins, she meets Carter in a bar, and for the first time she considers breaking those rules. After an amazing night together, she leaves him asleep in a park, sure she will never see him again. Little does she know fate has a different plan in store…“
- Amour Amour by Krista Ritchie & Becca Ritchie <— JUST RELEASED!! “The best aerial technique won’t land 21-year-old Thora James her dream role in Amour—a sexy new acrobatic show on the Vegas strip. Thora knows she’s out of her element the second she meets Amour’s leading performer. Confident, charming and devilishly captivating…“
- Forsaken by Patricia Robins <— JUST RELEASED! “At first Jerry fulfilled all Lynn’s dreams and desires, but her love gradually dimmed when his unfaithfulness continued. When she meets Philip Castle, Lynn finds a true friend, and as Philip’s love is revealed, Lynn’s own feelings taken on a new meaning.”
- Broken #4 (The Broken Series – Book #4) by Claire Adams <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Hold On To Me (Against All Odds Book 2) by Elisabeth Naughton <— SUPER-SALE today!!! I remember how much people LOVED book #1 (and I think each one is a standalone)… “Just when Simone’s ready to take a chance on forever with Mitch, the secrets she’s been hiding from catch up with her. Suddenly it’s not just her life on the line, it’s his too. Forced into hiding, Mitch demands answers, and Simone realizes the only way to protect everything she holds dear is to delve into a past she’s spent years trying to forget…“
- Rock Me Hard (The Rock Star’s Seduction Part 1) by Olivia Thorne <— ROCK STAR SUPER SALE ALERT!!! She gets a shot at a story in Rolling Stone but… “She’ll be covering the hottest bad-boy in rock, Derek Kane, whom Kaitlyn met when she was a freshman in college and he was a struggling unknown. It was passionate two-week affair: tumultuous, sensual, exhilarating… …and it ended very, very badly.” YAY!!!
- Surviving The Storm: Surviving Raine & Bastian’s Storm Boxed Set by Shay Savage <— 2 books bundled at a bargain price and I LOVED the 1st one and still need to read the 2nd. YAY BOOKS! (My review of Surviving Raine)
- Watch Me (Dark Obsession Book 1) by Cynthia Eden <— BODYGUARD ALERT and it’s on super-sale!
- Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan <— BIKER BOOK on super-sale and one of my all-time favorites. THIS. IS. GRITTY!!!! Here’s my review.
- DEBT by Nina G. Jones <— Recent release and brought to my attention by Lynne when she asked: “Anyone read Debt? It has amazing reviews” So I looked it up… and sure enough this looks GOOOOD!!!! WHOA!!!!!!! I wanna read this next! *gasp*!! “—-> “I don’t know what I was thinking when I hired someone to attack me. Maybe I was bored, or lonely, or there was a void so deep inside of me that I needed something explosive to fill it. It was supposed to be safe. A thrill. A way to break through the monotony of everyday life. It was an illusion of danger that I could walk away from as soon as it was over. Except that it wasn’t. Because I had been in danger long before I ever invited it into my life.“
- It Ain’t Me, Babe by Tillie Cole <— Much loved biker book/escape from a cult book on super-sale right now! Angela found out it’s on super-sale today: “Have you read “it ain’t me babe” yet? It’s on sale for I just got it I am 15% in and totally sucked in. Interesting story line. I biker president and a girl who has escaped from a religious cult.” and Lauren loves it! “I love this book. I reread it @ least once a month. Really hope you love it too. Book 2 out soon. But no cliffhanger, book 2 is other couples….you’ll get it @ the end.” (here’s my review).
- Playing for Love at Deep Haven by Katy Regnery <— A ROCKER & A WRITER ALERT! Nancy found us this one!! “Here is a deal PLAYING FOR LOVE AT DEEP HAVEN. It is a story of 2nd chance love & fate bringing you together.” —> “Despite the years that have passed, chick-lit novelist, Violet, vividly recalls the pain of Zach’s rejection, and hates that she’s never been able to completely let go of the brooding boy who turned his back on her…“
- Nomad Kind of Love: Prairie Devils MC Romance (Outlaw Love) by Nicole Snow <— Aimee found us this BIKER BOOK on super-sale! “…not read this series but see great reviews — anyone had a chance to check out?” —> “June Daniels watched helplessly as the Grizzlies Motorcycle Club destroyed everything she ever cared about. The ruthless gang controls her shattered life, condemning her to darkness without end…until she meets him.” <— THE PRESIDENT of the MC…
- Love’s Suicide: Love’s Suicide by Jenn Foor <— SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT, and almost 600 pages! OH THIS SOUNDS GOOD!!! So she’s grown up with two brothers, always loved BOTH of them… but she chose one… broke them up. BUT “Brooks showed up to be our best man the night before our nuptials. After drinks and too much reminiscing, I ended up in bed with the wrong brother. To avoid the humiliation and the fact that I’d ruined all of our lives, I left Branch and the only family I’d ever known. That’s where my story should have ended. Almost three years, one beautiful little girl and an abusive marriage later, I was standing there staring at the man that would always hold my heart…“
- Fragments (Running On Empty Book 1) by M.R. Fields <— BROODING BAD BOY NEIGHBOR ALERT!! Recent release and recommended by Nicola: “I just finished Fragments by MR Field… Gotta love a brooding bad boy next door! Not to mention some seriously HOT action that gives you all of the feels…”
- Such a Pretty Girl by Laura Wiess <— Okay this one’s NOT on sale, and and not even a recommendation (unless you consider Amazon search results showing me this one..) But that blurb has me, so I’m posting it for those looking to read something so painful and dark… “Her father was supposed to be locked up until Meredith turned eighteen. She thought she had time to grow up, get out, and start a new life. But Meredith is only fifteen, and today her father is coming home from prison. Today her time has run out.“
- Flawed (The Butcher) by Francette Phal <— I *think* Di-Ann recommends this one. I say think, because she didn’t include the author’s name, and there are tons of books entitled Flawed, but saying there’s a cliffhanger and reading THAT awesomely creepy blurb makes me think it’s this. She says: “Just finished Flawed. Very dark, good flow and kept me interested. Kinda had a Captive in the Dark feel but darker. Big cliff hanger but no regrets about reading it. I can not wait until book 2! I have been waiting awhile for a good dark read!“
- Roam (Roam Series, Book One) by Kimberly Stedronsky <— MichelleS recommends this one!!! She didn’t *squirrel* or anything while reading the series! SOUNDS PERFECT! “This is the series that I just finished! Just loved it. 6 book total. Books 1-3 are Roam and West’s story… then a couple of stories of two other couples that are part of the central story…. then back to the beginning. It was unique and well written. Had everything I love in a PNR. Not too heavy on the PNR, BTW. I didn’t squirrel away from it, which surprised even me. I read them back-to-back. I highly recommend this series to fans of PNR that like a good build up and slow reveal and fantastic central characters. Had EVERYTHING: time travel, alternate universe, love triangle, teacher/student older/younger, secrets and more secrets….I don’t know how I missed this one.“
- NORMAL by Danielle Pearl <— Becky is asking about this one! “Hi Maryse, I was wondering if you have read Normal by Danielle Pearl? I don’t recall how I ran across it, but it has a lot of 5-star ratings.” I haven’t Becky but I’m gonna check out the blurb right now… and WOW YES the reviews look amazing! ”Rory is broken, and now suffering from a debilitating anxiety disorder, wrought with precarious triggers, she moves across the country to escape the source of her troubles. Her plan is anonymity, but that’s easier said than achieved for the new girl having a panic episode outside of calculus. The worst part? There’s a witness – and a gorgeous one at that.” <— Yep! Sounds like it’s for us!
- Wild and Free (The Three Series Book 3) by Kristen Ashley – expected release December 29th 2014
- Revenant (Demonica) by Larissa Ione - expected release December 16th 2014
- Friction by L.D. Davis - expected release December 22nd 2014
- Unbeautiful (Unbeautiful, #1) by Jessica Sorensen – expected release December 23rd 2014
- Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven - expected release December 23rd 2014
- Blind Passion (Wyatt Brothers Book 1) by Bonnie Dee - expected release December 26th 2014
- Falling Away (Falling Into You Book 4) by Jasinda Wilder – expected release date January 6th 2015