Super bargain finds today and some excellent reader recs, and I’ve got a new section on Friday’s list. Since so many are going crazy over audiobooks these days, I found out that there are some that go on SUPERSALE (just like out Kindle ebooks). *squee*worthy pricing… and sometimes, perfect for those long road trips, waiting room waits, or those cleaning days. Entertainment where we’d normally have none! I LOVE THIS!
P.S. What I’m reading today (and LOVING!!!!) —> The Five Stages of Falling in Love by Rachel Higginson. I know where this is going, but OMG the feeling is so deep, and pure, and well… I don’t need surprises in a story like this. I just need the heartwarming journey of growth and healing, and I just know I’m gonna get it, here! My friend Sherry fell head-over-heels over this one!
Sherry: I’m only 13% in and I’ve choked up AND laughed my ass off ALL on the same page….this one is going to be rough… My God, how can a book have you crying at only 3% ???? But laughing at 7%
Maryse: It sounds perfect!!!
Sherry: Oh you’ve no idea. It’s such a real feeling of emotions….it rips your heart out, then your laughing out loud a sentence later…Just real
Maryse: LOL!! I’m reading Five stages now!!! I’m loving it so far…
Sherry: Boy did I LOVE Five Stages !! I don’t think I’ve cried and laughed in a book in a looooooong time. Such an awesome story, give it a try when you can. It shouldn’t take you that long to read it. You’ll be hooked
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
(NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
AUDIOBOOK BARGAINS (Check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal PLUS these audiobooks at e-book bargain pricing!! Like… 4 and 5 hours of romance listening and more for super cheap! *squeeeeee* and for more audiobook recommendations, check out this recent post: Audiobook Addiction: Our fellow readers weigh in on their favorites…)
- Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley <— I hear THIS narrator is AWESOME. SO many love the Rock Chick series in audio format and this is BARGAIN priced *IF* you already have the kindle ebook version! *wheeeee!!!* I DO! And Jennifer got in on this deal and her AND her husband loved it! “I figured that out before a road trip to Florida. It’s 17 hours and I was trying to figure out what I had in my library that my husband would listen to and I didn’t have to spend a bunch to get the audible. I figured he would like the Rock Chicks okay since there is action. …I was thrilled! We have listened to 3 so far and he likes them. It would be my third time reading them. Kristen Ashley is one of my favorites!“
- The Will by Kristen Ashley <— This one too!!!!
- Beautiful Beloved by Christina Lauren <— BARGAIN priced!
- Not the Marrying Kind by Nicola Marsh
- Weekend Agreement by Barbara Wallace
- Temporarily Yours by Diane Alberts
- Come Away with Me by Kristen Proby (and pretty much this WHOLE series is on SUPER-sale on Audible!!)
- Ask for It by Sylvia Day <— Yep. You guessed it! On BIG sale! “Nothing incites Marcus more than the primal hunger roused by his former fiancée, Elizabeth. It’s been years since she jilted him for another man, but that only means there’s a lot to catch up on…“
- Not a Drill: Jack Reacher, Book 18.5 by Lee Child (deal price!)
- Hopeless by Colleen Hoover!!! Here is another one that if you already have the Kindle ebook, you can get the Audible audiobook for SUPER-CHEAP!
- Strange Highways by Dean Koontz (great price considering it’s a full length ebook!) “…he gets a mysterious second chance to relive the night in 1975 when his life began its downward spiral: to both literally and figuratively take the road that he didn’t originally take. On this road he is supremely tested by conflict…“
- Seducing the Bridesmaid by Katee Robert <— 4 Hours of audio-fun for barely anything!!!
- Holy Frigging Matrimony by Emma Chase <— DEAL!
- Lawful Escort: Eternal Bachelors Club, Book 1 by Tina Folsom <— 5 hours of listening… with an escort. Or is she? DEAL!
- Thoughtful by S.C. Stephens <— KELLAN KYLE is coming out in just a few days (FEB 24th!!) GREAT pricing on this VERY LONG, highly anticipated audiobook!!!!!!!
- Off the Record: The Record, Book 1 by K.A. Linde <— much loved angsty author and her political romance! Great price!
- Beautifully Damaged: Beautifully Damaged, Book 1 by L.A. Fiore <— Over 10 hrs of angst with this great priced audiobook!
- Afterburn & Aftershock: Cosmo Red-Hot Reads from Harlequin by Sylvia Day <— TWO books in one to listen to here!
- Last Call by Alice Clayton <— Almost FOUR hours of listening in this romance fun!
- Maybe Not by Colleen Hoover <— AWESOME price for this one!!
- Candy Store by Bella Andre <– bargain priced!
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty <— I LOVED this author’s other book and it looks like this one is on sale! YAY ME! Tasha is excited. She said: “Anyone read Big Little Lies? I just finished and absolutely had a gasp worthy moment!” <—- *gasp!!* I LOVE GASPING!!
- Rewriting Destiny (Forsaken Sinners MC Series) by Shelly Morgan <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Crash Ride (Power Station Book 2) by T Gephart <— JUST RELEASED!! Mary found us this one! “I know you love your Rock Stars, so I thought you’d like to know that Crash Ride by Tina Gephart is live! Super exciting!!!”
- Ember (Eagle Elite Book 5) by Rachel Van Dyken <— JUST RELEASED!! MAFIA ROMANCE! Lauren found it for us! “The next Eagle Elite book by Rachel Van Dyken is out! Finally! Phoenix’s story.” Thanks Lauren. This does look good! ”This is the story of my redemption.
But it’s not pretty…I died, and now I’m alive, but not living, breathing but not surviving. I am Phoenix De Lange, son to a murdered mob boss, estranged brother, horrible friend, monster in the making, newest leader to one of the most powerful families in the Cosa Nostra.“
Michelle: Any recommendations for a mafia romance, kinda like Crow’s Row? (sidenote from Maryse. I LOVED it too and it’s bargain priced right now)Melanie: You have to read this one Ruthless People (Ruthless People series Book 1)Michelle: No I haven’t, I’m gonna check it out, thanks!Lauren: My favorite Mafia books are The Arrangement (The Russian Guns Book 1) by Bethany-Kris & London Miller’s Volkov Bratva series. Ruthless People is REALLY excellent but there’s 3 books in the series & book 3 isn’t out yet so I’m waiting…..not so patiently.Kathy: Roxie Rivera’s Russian Mafia Series and the Professional and The Master (The Game Maker Series Book 2) by Kresley Cole.Lauren: Oooooooo, Kathy…I’d forgotten to mention the Russian Mafia Series. I actually JUST reread a few of em last weekend. She just released books 1-3 bundled for FREE so even though I already own them, I got the bundle anyway just to have em in one place. But Nikolai is my favorite.
- TK Rapp – For the Love of Writing Collection by T.K. Rapp <— JUST RELEASED! All 4 books in her collection bundled in one!
- Redemption Lane (Crossroads Book 1) by Rachel Blaufeld <— JUST RELEASED!! “Bess, a wild party girl running from herself, literally falls victim to her demons when she collapses in the most unexpected of places. Lane, a tightly wound, up-and-coming CEO who can’t seem to stop enabling his brother, doesn’t know what hit him when Bess falls at his feet and into his life. It was a night she doesn’t remember, and one he can’t forget.“
- Everything Has Changed by Mia Kaya <— just RECENTLY RELEASED and lots of great reviews already! Best friends all of their lives… “…it’s not fair that someone else will get to keep him when she knows in her heart that he only belongs to her.“
- Heart of Ice: Bestselling Devoted Series by SK Quinn <— JUST RELEASED!! Conclusion to the trilogy and of course, bargain priced!
- Safe at Home (Warm Springs Trilogy Book 1) by Christina Kirby <— JUST RELEASED! “When confronted by the man who’s bent on revenge, Samantha must choose between running again to save the people she loves, or, if she has the strength, to stay and fight for her new life.”
- The Way We Fall (The Story of Us Book 1) by Cassia Leo <— JUST RELEASED and super bargain priced!! Sounds like pure romance-angst! “Houston has kept a devastating secret from Rory since the day he asked her to move in with him. But the tragic circumstances that brought them together left wounds too deep to heal. Five years after the breakup, Houston and Rory are thrust together by forces beyond their control. And all the resentments and passion return with more intensity than ever.“
- Anne Mercier (Rockstar Book 3) by Anne Mercier <— JUST RELEASED!
- Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens <— Still super-bargain priced!! ‘Cause guess who’s coming out on Tuesday? *squeeeee!!!*
- Effortless (Thoughtless Book 2) by S.C. Stephens <— bargain priced!!
- Reckless (Thoughtless Book 3) by S.C. Stephens <— bargain priced!!
- Before You: Sex on the Beach by Jenna Bennett <— new adult with a touch of scary mystery? “Sun, sand, and a hot guy. Sex on the beach, with no strings attached. She got her wish when she met Tyler McKenna. Until someone gets hurt. But then young women start turning up at Key West landmarks – young women who look like Cassie, but with one crucial difference: they’ve all been drugged and relieved of their virginity. And Cassie begins to wonder whether there’s more to Ty than meets the eye…“
- The Hurricane by R.J. Prescott <— FIGHTER ALERT!! Sounds like fun… “Through an unlikely friendship with the aging, cantankerous owner of an old boxing gym, Em is thrown into the path of the most dangerous man that she has ever met…” and Lauren LOVED it! She says:
Lauren: I just read an incredible book…The Hurricane by R.J. Prescott. I’d never heard of the author but read the blurb & took a chance. It was SO good!!
Vicki: I am reading it now. Pleasantly surprised. Glad I took a chance on it.
Amy: Shunda, you’re gonna start a frenzy around here with a BD comparison like that.
Lauren: Shunda, I loved it too. I wasn’t sure about it since I’d never heard of the author but….from the first sentence, you’re totally in. I couldn’t put it down. I gave it a 5 star review on Amazon.
Jean: OMG Shunda! BD feel….. those are magical words around here. 1-clicking The Hurricane right now!
Maryse: Magical is right!! Okay one clicking… bargain priced, too!
- Camden’s Redemption (Gloves Off Book 4) by L.P. Ever <— FIGHTER ALERT!! Just recently released.
- Clear: A Death Trippers Novel by Jessica Park <— Bringing this one back ’cause she’s a favorite author of mine and so many are loving her latest release!
- Beneath This Ink by Meghan March <— RECENT release MILITARY romance “…now she’s walked back into my life, and this time, I have the upper hand. I want my second chance.“
- Beneath This Mask by Meghan March <— and here’s book #1
- The Life of Anna, Part 1: Enslaved by Marissa Honeycutt <— DARK READ ALERT!!!! And some of our fellow readers are suffering! MichelleS: “So you remember Jean’s “dare” post: “I know and I had a dare all ready for you! To read The Life of Anna books by Marissa Honeycutt! They are dark, erotic, mindf&$kery, with a splash of paranormal”. I took her up on her dare: I read book one, and she wasn’t kidding with the mindf&$kery. I had to take a little break in between, but I started book two. More mindf&$ery and finally some paranormal. This is one of those books that you feel like you have to delete off your Kindle so when you die or if it gets lost no one will ever know you read it. It’s that bad. So wicked. So dirty. So controversial. OMG. I keep reading it!!! Jean – are you still reading these? It’s messing with my brain. I am actually okay with Wilhelm and all that weirdness. I need a Life of Anna support group. Jean?” And Jean says: “I just finished book #4 and it did get darker and darker just like the author warns! Last book comes out in April I think. Just like I said, a bad car crash that you can’t stop looking at. I need resolution so I will definitely be reading the last book (and then yes deleting and denying any knowledge of them… Lol!)“
- Give It All: A Desert Dogs Novel by Cara McKenna <— Recent release by one of my fav authors and Betty LOVED this one! She said: “I’m in serious book hangover. I hope you read Give it All by Cara McKenna soon!“
- Lost Until You (Until You Series Book 1) by J.R. Grant <— ROMANCE ANGST ALERT!! Lauren loved it! She says: “I read a book off my TBR list last night &….OMG…it was SO GOOD!!! Lost Until You by J.R. Grant. It’s an unusual plot…not one I’d read before. Brax & Jazz are happily married with a baby….the love they had for each other was just indescribable….and then it all just goes to hell (that’s not a spoiler, it’s in the blurb). I loved it!!“
- Mister Black: A Billionaire SEAL Story (In the Shadows, Book 1) by P.T. Michelle <— super-bargain priced! “We all have someone who crossed our path and fundamentally changed us. That one person who blew through our lives, their presence forever stamped on our psyche. They linger in our thoughts, in our hearts, and in the decisions we make. A soul crusher or a dream maker, depending on the perspective. My person is Mister Black…“
- Statistic by Dawn Robertson <— Melanie calls this one a jaw-dropper! “I looked thru the “Gasp” book list and saw one that did, however, make my jaw drop when I read it: Statistic by Dawn Robertson. I highly recommend it if that is what you are looking for. I did not see that ending coming.” SUPER-BARGAIN priced!!
- Abe: Four in Hand (Ties of Steel Book 1) by MJ Fields <— Aimee found us this bargain priced one! Met on vacation and had quite the fling! Big time DOM CEO… “…she pushes aside her budding feelings and leaves Florida and Abe behind without a backwards glance. Not used to being dumped and afraid to admit how much it hurts, Abe cuts his losses and heads back…”
- The Summer Remains by Seth King <— Jean is reading this one right now! Sounds like it’s tear-your-heart-out angsty! “BTW guys, I’m at like 60% of The Summer Remains and I like it so far. Beginning reminds me of and is giving me the same feels as The Edge of Never or Present Perfect….. So scared of the outcome though……“
PRE-ORDERS (next week’s!!!)
- Thoughtful by S.C. Stephens <— expected release date February 24th 2015
- Fighting Silence (On The Ropes Book 1) by Aly Martinez expected release date February 23rd 2015
- Slow Burn: A Driven Novel by K. Bromberg - expected release date February 24th 2015
- The Immortal Who Loved Me: An Argeneau Novel (Argeneau Vampire) by Lyndsay Sands <— expected release date February 25th 2015
- Good Girl Gone (Reed Brothers) by Tammy Falkner – expected release date February 25th 2015
- Fire Down Below (Gynazule Book 1) by Debra Anastasia <— This one looks HILARIOUS!!! expected release February 28th 2015