Latest Bargain e-Books & Reader Recommendations – February 27th 2015

by Maryse on February 27, 2015 · 192 comments

in eBook Deals

<— This is one of the two that are at the top of my TBR list and I don’t know which one to start first. BOTH are getting equally awesome reviews and one author I already know and love and the other, I can’t wait to discover. *sigh* decisions… decisions. Okay so my weekend reads, including today’s will be: The Deal (Off-Campus Book 1) and Fighting Silence. Which one should I start with? I don’t think it matters. They’re probably both going to rock my worlds the way our fellow readers are loving ‘em.

But!! I have more reader recommendations and awesome looking bargain finds below, just in case something else grabs your attention, because these aren’t the only two that readers are squeeing over.

P.S. Look what just went live on Amazon! Fire Down Below (Gynazule Book 1) by Debra Anastasia and the er… *reviews* (or should I say comments) for it have been hilarious.———————————>

P.P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).

P.P.P.S. Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).

(NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).

AUDIOBOOK BARGAINS (if you already have the Kindle ebook these are INCREDIBLY bargain priced!!! Like… e-book bargain priced!!!) PLUS check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal

• The Deal (Off-Campus Book 1) by Elle Kennedy <— Sofia is LOVING it! She says: “Ohhh… I’m LOVING Elle Kennedy’s new NA romance The Deal. He’s a hockey player, yumm! 30% in, and I don’t want it to finish...”
  • Dirty by Megan Hart <— Tried and true! I LOVE this author and Betty now does too. She said: “Maryse’s Book Blog, thank you for recommending Megan Hart to me! OMG, I’m going to buy all her books. They are fanfuckingtastic! They remind me of Mia Asher and C.D. Reiss and of course Cara McKenna. I read the book Dirty, and it gave me THAT feeling, the angst, the emotions, loved loved loved loved it. Then moved on to Tempted. Sigh….the books are expensive… but I don’t care!” (my review)
  • Night Owl (The Night Owl Trilogy Book 1) by M. Pierce <— Jennifer found us this super-deal of one of our favorites! She says: “Hi Maryse, I hope you don’t mind me posting this here… I just saw that my favorite book, Night Owl by M. Pierce is on sale… That is HUGE steal, and I thought I’d pass the info along since the trilogy ends in March.” (my review)
  • By Any Other Name (Forbidden Book 1) by J.M. Darhower <— Stacey recommends it, saying: “I read By Any Other Name last week and LOVED it.”
  • Blushing (Entangled Embrace) (The Brightside) by Katie Delahanty <— JUST RELEASED, BARGAIN PRICED, ACTOR ALERT and Cheryl says: “Blushing the sequel to In Bloom by Katie Delahanty was released. …Famous actor story. I really enjoyed In Bloom and looking forward to Blushing”
  • Blushing (Entangled Embrace) (The Brightside) by Katie Delahanty <— ROCK STAR ALERT & BARGAIN PRICED TOO! And it’s the first one! “How does someone like me, an ordinary girl from Pittsburgh, wind up in the arms of the world’s sexiest rock star—surrounded by celebrities, fashion, and music—and not be eaten alive?
  • The Five Stages of Falling in Love by Rachel Higginson <— TEAR-JERKER ALERT! One of my latest 5-star favorites and Shane is loving it too and it’s still on sale!! She says: “Currently reading 5 Stages, you weren’t kidding Maryse, it’s sob, sob in the begining…Thanks for the updates….” (my review)
  • Fighting Silence (On The Ropes Book 1) by Aly Martinez <— FIGHTER ALERT! This is getting TONS of great reviews and I AM DYING to start it!! Review after review after delighted review. Like this one from Michelle <— “I loved it – great story and characters with a little of everything; it was sweet, romantic, angsty, emotional, beautiful and tear-jerking. I needed an excellent well-rounded book like this to remind me what good writing and storytelling was after a few duds the last couple days. It’s another series that is getting added to the list of ones I want to continue with. Now I have no clue where to go next…” and Clare agrees! “Maryse, I’ve just finished Fighting Silence by Aly Martinez, and WOW! I know you loved her other books, I did too but she’s raised the bar, incredible read – I finished Thoughtful last night and was in a fog but I literally can’t top what I’ve read today. Amazing!”
  • After (The After Series Book 1) by Anna Todd <— ANGSTY ROMANCE/ROCK STAR ALERT (and Tessa was TICKED!!!) Tessa is having frustrating fun with this one! “Right now, I’m reading Anna Todd’s After. So many feels, and I am constantly wanting to take my tablet and beat both Hardin and Tessa upside the head. Hardin need to just not talk, sometimes. Gah.” and then… “*jaw drop* Anyone else read After? Because, um… I gotta vent and the end…omg! That’s all. Now to number two, because omg!”
  • Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi <— Michelle found out this one’s on sale and SO many LOVE it like crazy!
  • Promise to Keep (Promises Book 2) by Jessica Wood <— JUST RELEASED!!
  • Untamed (Unbeautiful, #2) by Jessica Sorensen <— JUST RELEASED!!
  • Falling For My Best Friend’s Brother by J.S. Cooper <— JUST RELEASED!! “He’s devastatingly handsome, sexy, arrogant and he’s out of reach. He’s my best friend’s brother and the one man I can’t have.”
  • Risking It All: A Hellfire Riders MC Romance (The Motorcycle Clubs Book 14) by Kati Wilde <— JUST RELEASED BIKER BOOK ALERT!
  • Twisted Affair Vol. 1 (An Erotic Romance) by M.S. Parker <— JUST RELEASED!!
  • Sunk by Renea Porter <— JUST RELEASED!! SOUNDS ANGSTY ALERT! “She’s already lost her husband to divorce and now her child in death. It’s all too much to grasp. But a chance encounter with Sly Wilkes is all it takes to come completely undone.”
  • Dangerous Temptations by Brooke Cumberland <— CRAZY WRONG THING THAT HAPPENED ALERT! JUST RELEASED!! Oooooh what happened!!?? I gotta know! “To society, I was the girl only after his money. I was the party-goer who managed to seduce a man twice my age to have the lifestyle some could only dream of. I was every magazine’s cliché of what a gold-digging whore was. I wanted to prove them wrong—that our love was real and that I wasn’t that girl. But then everything changed. One wrong decision. One unfaithful night. One haunting reality. Perhaps they were right. The media didn’t see it coming…and neither did I.
  • Broken by Lies (Bound and Broken Series Book 1) by Rebecca Shea <— JUST RECENTLY RELEASED! “He brought me back to life. He gave me strength and a safe place to land. And then he broke me.” WELL! That sounds right up my heartache alley!
  • Dirty Bad Wrong by Jade West <— JUST RECENTLY RELEASED! “The man I want to consume me, own me, break me and corrupt me. Yet I’ve never seen his face.”
  • Amplify (Rockstar Book 3) by Anne Mercier <— JUST RECENTLY RELEASED! ROCK STAR ALERT!! And tons of great reviews already! “He’s my protector, my confidante. Then one night he became more. I want him, I need him, and, if I’m honest with myself, I love him. I just don’t know if he’ll ever see me as more than what we’ve always been: friends.
  • Blurred Lines (The Line Between 1.5) by Tamsyn Bester <— JUST RECENTLY RELEASED! Best friends that lose it all…
  • Sia by Josh Grayson <— ON SUPER SALE and she wakes up with amnesia on a bench and realizes she’s friends with the in-crowd bullies, and she’s the worst one… “Mortified by her past, she embarks on a journey of redemption and falls for Kyle, the “geek” she once tormented. Yet all the time she wonders if, when her memories return, she’ll become the bully she was before…and if she’ll lose Kyle.
  • Something Reckless (Reckless and Real Book 1) by Lexi Ryan <— also on SUPER-SALE!! Sounds good ’cause she doesn’t know him but by text… “I’ve fallen for an anonymous stranger, and now the anonymity ends. I want more than typed secrets and texted promises. I want something reckless. Heat. Passion. The thrill of being entirely possessed. Because I suspect this anonymous stranger isn’t a stranger at all.

Carol February 27, 2015 at 8:47 AM

The Deal was awesome.

Maryse February 27, 2015 at 8:49 AM

YAY!! I can’t wait!

Renate February 27, 2015 at 9:37 AM

Fighting Silence was ahhhhmazing! This is Aly Martinez best book yet. A different twist to the usual MMA fighters genre. Till is a true hero in every sense of the word.

bev February 27, 2015 at 9:56 AM

Michelle, 4. More. Days.

Almost done with the Bollywood Affair. I like it but it is not blowing me away like it did so many last year. But I do like the look into a culture and country not my own.

Michelle February 27, 2015 at 10:27 AM

Oohhhh Bev stop teasing meeeeee!

That’s a fantastic deal on the Submission series *CLICK*

Jean February 27, 2015 at 11:31 AM

Maryse, same problem here. Can’t decide between Fighting Silence or The Deal……I didn’t realize The Deal featured a hockey player… Yum!! And you all know how I feel about fighters…..double yum! Looks like a win-win situation for us no matter what we decide!

Dangerous Temptations and Sia look good to me too!

And another Reed book at the end of April?!?! Yay! I’m reading Good Girl Gone now (Reed Bros #7)….. just love this group!!

Thanks for all your hard work Maryse! You are the best!

Amy February 27, 2015 at 12:03 PM

Oh hey, look at that…that’s my bust on the cover of Driven up there! *snort* Yeah, maybe 10 years ago. Okay, fine…15 years ago!

Ugh, I had my next 5 or so books all planned out but all this buzz about The Deal and Fighting Silence is making me squirrelly. BUT, I did read a little bit of Archer’s Voice yesterday (needed a bit of a break from poor Kellan’s heartache), and I will definitely be finishing that one before anything else…oh, my sweet Archer. *sigh*

Lauren February 27, 2015 at 12:31 PM

I read Fighting Silence last night….then got up this morning & reread my favorite parts. Some of our fav characters from her other books are in this one….mainly Slate & Erica from Among the Echoes (my fav of her books) & Leo from Broken Course 3 & Among the Echoes. Slate has a pretty big part in Fighting Silence but you really don’t have to read the other books before this one. The other Broken Course characters just make cameos really.

Sofia Grey February 27, 2015 at 12:40 PM

I finished THE DEAL late last night, and OMG it’s fab! Garrett is pushy, funny, and arrogantly sexy all at once, and he won’t take no for an answer. I loved the banter and the funny texts back and forth. His hockey teammates are all crying out for their stories too. It’s a definite Feelgood read :-)

Abby February 27, 2015 at 12:43 PM

I just saw Innocents (Dusty #1) and Delinquents (Dusty #2) by Mary Elizabeth and Sarah Elizabeth are FREE on Smashwords and Kobo. Delinquents is also free on Amazon and Innocents is only 99 cents.

Lauren February 27, 2015 at 12:47 PM

Did. I. Just. See. Evan. Arden. On. Pre-order? Commence freak out….now!

Jean February 27, 2015 at 1:07 PM

Oh Lauren I missed that…. Evan Arden!!!! Yay!

And I was really happy to see you mention cameos of the Wrecked and Ruined characters in Fighting Silence!!! That is awesome!!!!

Paula February 27, 2015 at 1:56 PM

Loved Fighting Silence, just started The Deal and really enjoying it! Saving Kellan for the weekend!

Jean February 27, 2015 at 2:43 PM

Lol Amy! Oh you started Archer’s Voice!!! You are a good girl! Hate to say it but “told you so”……hahahaha!!!

Maryse February 27, 2015 at 3:15 PM

My pleasure Jean!! Have you selected your book yet? Let me know and I’ll buddy-read it with you. :D

Both are win-win like you say.

Kathy P February 27, 2015 at 3:23 PM

Show Me Baby: Masters of Shadowland Novella by Cherise Sinclair is on sale for $.99 from $2.99. I have read all of her Shadowland Series and I am excited to read this one!

Jean February 27, 2015 at 3:27 PM

Yes! Decided to start Fighting Silence tonight, especially since I just recently finished the Wrecked and Ruined series and it’s fresh in my mind!

Annie P February 27, 2015 at 3:54 PM

Honestly, it’s light hearted, romantic, full of swoontastic feels and save the deep dark one for afterward.

THIS IS EASILY TOP OF MY 2015 LIST SO FAR! Garrett is so swoony. SO SWOONY!

Melissa February 27, 2015 at 3:56 PM

You MUST read Fighting Silence….such a beautiful (and often times HOT) story. Plus its Aly Martinez…girlfriend puts words into poetry on the page!!!!!

Katie February 27, 2015 at 4:00 PM

I just finished The Deal yesterday and it was awesome!!! I also just read Garrett: A Cold Fury hockey novel…it was amazing too!! Two books about two different hockey boys named Garrett…and I loved them both!!! Now I have been looking everywhere trying to find another book starring a hockey boy…I need my fix…haha ;) But it looks like Fighting Silence is going to be my next read, it sounds so good!!!

Amy February 27, 2015 at 4:30 PM

Fine Jean…You. Were. Right. ;) And I’ll go ahead and say it – why did I wait to read Archer’s Voice?!? I’m thinking I’ll read The Deal this weekend after AV and after wrapping up with Thoughtful. Buuuuuut, Big Little Lies is looking good too right now, and I haven’t read the Wrecked and Ruined series yet so… Wait, wasn’t Tessa flipping out over the After series? Maybe that one. *sigh*

The weekend just started and my book ADD has already kicked in.

Jen February 27, 2015 at 4:53 PM

OMG! I just saw Skye Warrren is continuing Blake and Erin’s story in The Beauty series! Pre-order is out!

M. Pierce February 27, 2015 at 5:16 PM

Thanks so much for sharing the Night Owl sale Maryse. What a relief to see my book at an affordable price again. And you’ve got an early copy of After Dark in your PO box, of course.

So many great looking books on this. Choices indeed. Happy reading everyone!

Lisa M February 27, 2015 at 5:20 PM

Loving The Deal!!! Don’t want to put it down!! Hooked right from the beginning!!!

MichelleS February 27, 2015 at 5:30 PM

Amy – I told you Kellan’s “woe is me” was getting long winded…. trying to decide if I want to finish the second half of Thoughtful (and more of Kellan’s “I lover her no matter what – I am a sucker” self talk)… or one of the hot books mentioned previously. And Archer’s Voice…. neener neener… big fat I-told-you-so there too. Just kidding. Love you Amy (aka Dani O’Malley is real life).

Lise February 27, 2015 at 5:47 PM

Maryse, I fully endorse “The Deal” it is one of the best NA books I have read in three years. I was totally in!
Hope you enjoy it as well :-)

Laura February 27, 2015 at 5:57 PM

hey guys!! Missed u all again what’s been going on?! Amy ur finally reading archers voice man I’m glad I came on just to see that!! I’ve been reading cat and bones!! Cause u know I’m always slow on the get up and miss everything that’s good!
Maryse – bubblegum love story- yes!! I love that bubblegum love story that’s what I need right now after all the paranormal crazy I’ve been reading I need uh normal lol

Michelle February 27, 2015 at 6:20 PM

Here’s some more deals for today. I caved with all these amazing reviews and picked up The Deal…no willpower here!

Make It A Double (The Last Call Series Book 2) by Sawyer Bennett is FREE
Moonshine by Regina Bartley is .99
Drops of Rain by Kathryn Andrews is .99
Unexpected by Amy Marie is .99
Boxed Set: Destined for Love Series by Janelle Denison is .99
Silver Heart by Victoria Green is .99

Ashley February 27, 2015 at 6:21 PM

Fighting Silence is great. I highly recommend it. Aly’s books get better and better and FS does NOT disappoint. You will fall in love with Till Page and all of the Page brothers for that matter. Please update us and let us know what ever you decide!!!

Cheryl February 27, 2015 at 6:22 PM

Just finished Thoughtful *sigh Kellan*

Now to choose my next book. I think I’m going with The Deal, since I haven’t read the Wrecked and Ruined series yet(it’s on my tbr) and want to do that before reading Fighting Silence. Then Blushing since I loved In Bloom and have been waiting anxiously for this one to come out. Then probably Amplify.

I’m still holding out for book #3 before starting The night Owl trilogy.

Yeh Amy, glad you’re reading Archer’s Voice! You’ll love the angst. *wink, wink*

Cheryl February 27, 2015 at 6:24 PM

Maryse, a great audiobook is the That Boy series by Jillian Dodd. There are 2 books out now with book three in the spring. So, so funny and I think even more so listening to it!!

Michelle February 27, 2015 at 6:32 PM

Bev, I was just adding the CS Harris book to my wishlist and noticed amazon says it’s 6 pages long…hmmm that’s kinda pricey for that huh haha.

Cheryl February 27, 2015 at 6:51 PM

Maryse, did you ever read The Good Girl? Thought I remembered you commenting about going to read it. I have it from the library.

bev February 27, 2015 at 6:57 PM

You guys are killing me with The Deal.

Michelle, 6? Lol. No it was definitely a full length novel. I just wish I had them for the weekend.

Maryse February 27, 2015 at 7:14 PM

Cheryl I’m re-starting it soon. I realize I started it back in the day when I wasn’t so much into thrillers a year or 2 ago, got about to 25 or 30% and put it down… so I gotta re-start it. ;)

Now that I’m back into thrillers I know I should love this!

bev February 27, 2015 at 7:14 PM

So I’m never going to make these but had to share because they are so cute.

Maryse February 27, 2015 at 7:14 PM

Ahhhh I got attacked with The Deal so I just started THAT one. LOL!!! Well both for me this weekend.

Maryse February 27, 2015 at 7:15 PM

OMG bev!!!!!!!!! THAT is the coolest cookie in the world,

One night we just have to bite the bullet and make ‘em. Amy?

Jennifer February 27, 2015 at 7:17 PM

I have not read fighting Silence, but I highly recommend The Deal!, it was Laugh Out Loud FUNNY!

Jean February 27, 2015 at 7:32 PM

I plan to read The Deal this weekend too Maryse. Everyone’s comments are killing me! But I did start Fighting Silence already. Did you finish the wrecked and ruined series and read Among the Echoes? I get the feeling they should be read first before Fighting Silence. Does anyone know if that is the case?

Fabi February 27, 2015 at 7:50 PM

Can someone point me to the Evan Arden book? I thought that series was finished.

Jean, you and MichelleS have me in a dark, dark world right now. I hate everyone. Even the heroine. Ha!

Jean February 27, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Sorry Fabi! Hang in there!

The Evan Arden book is in the preorders section…. Isolated releasing March 9th!

Amy February 27, 2015 at 8:15 PM

Oh. My. GAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! I am making those this weekend!! I just bought some red velvet Oreos (I know!) and I have the Knox gelatin, so I am making a run by BevMo tomorrow and getting the cake vodka and Godiva white chocolate and freaking-A are they gonna be yummy! :D Ooooh, my neighbors are gonna love me. Come on, Maryse…make some too!

Um, what was that you were saying MichelleS, about me being IRL Dani O’Malley? What makes you say that? *bouncing leg* No idea what makes you think that about me. *tapping fingers on table* Oh look, a bird! *pointing out the window* :P

Maryse February 27, 2015 at 8:17 PM

Amy. Ammmmmmmy!! The pink and blue cotton candy oreos exist now. Oreos are my favorite cookie and I LOVE to try all of the flavors.

Maryse February 27, 2015 at 8:17 PM

I don’t have all of the ingredients for these alcoholic delishus cookies. ;)

Maryse February 27, 2015 at 8:19 PM

Jean…I’ve read the first TWO Wrecked & Ruined series and I LOVED THEM both. Do we neeeeeed to read all of ‘em PLUS Among the Echoes to enjoy her latest, do you think? Anyone know? I gotta read it!

Amy February 27, 2015 at 8:28 PM

Cotton candy Oreos?!? Are you serious?? Oreos are definitely the best cookie ever invented. Definitely. Have you tried the cookie dough Oreos? *drool* So freaking good. You gotta try and get the red velvet ones…they have cream cheese filling!! :D

Amy February 27, 2015 at 8:31 PM

Laura!! You’re back! And yes, I am reading Archer’s Voice and LOVING it. Hehe, Jean and MichelleS are both serving me cups of I-told-you-so today.

Maryse and Jean, that’s why I’m holding off on Fighting Silence ’cause I haven’t read the W&R series yet or Among the Echoes. Don’t know if it’s necessary to read them first but you know how I am about reading the series in order and all. :? Keep us updated on The Deal…if y’all think it’s at least a 4 star then I’ll start it after AV. Yes, I’m guinea pigging you guys. ;)

Michelle February 27, 2015 at 8:46 PM

You do not need to read any of the previous books to enjoy Fighting Silence. There are minor cameos besides Slate but it’s a whole new storyline.

Oh yum Bev, I’m trying those!

Aly Martinez February 27, 2015 at 8:53 PM

Oh snap! A reader just told me y’all were debating this…I’m here to answer the questions. You do NOT need to read ANY of the Wrecked and Ruined series to read Fighting Silence. It is ALL new characters. Slate is from another of my books (Among The Echoes), but he only has a father figure role in Fighting Silence, so you don’t need to know how he likes it in bed to appreciate him. HAHAHA! The others just make cameos. It’s a small treat for my avid readers, but not necessary in ANY way.

Fabi February 27, 2015 at 8:57 PM

omg Aly, that comment about slate is hilarious. lmao

Amy February 27, 2015 at 9:01 PM

Well okay then…looks like my TBR list is shifting yet again to make room for Fighting Silence! :D

Amy February 27, 2015 at 9:03 PM

But you know, how they like it in bed is *what* we appreciate about ‘em. Just sayin’. ;)

Maryse February 27, 2015 at 9:13 PM

LOL!!!!! *snort* :P

Maryse February 27, 2015 at 9:13 PM

And… YAY ALY!!! *happy dances*

I’ve been happy dancing all night. ;)

Jean February 27, 2015 at 9:15 PM

Thanks for the clarification Aly! I loved Slate in Among the Echoes (in bed and out)! Lol! And I’m loving Fighting Silence too!

Aly Martinez February 27, 2015 at 9:16 PM

BAHAHAHA! Amy! Slate is a talker in bed….imagine that while he dishing out life lessons in Fighting Silence! ;)

MichelleS February 27, 2015 at 9:51 PM

….. eating popcorn laughing my butt off here….. how he likes it in bed, indeed!!! now I have to add Fighting Silence to my Kindle ASAP, just to meet this Slate hottie!!!! (have I mentioned how super hot it is when the guy is a talker in bed? that gets me so much more worked up then graphic details)

Cheryl February 28, 2015 at 12:24 AM

“Dishing out life lessons in bed” -love it!! *eating cotton candy oreos while adjusting tbr for Fighting Silence next*

Rose February 28, 2015 at 1:03 AM

LOVED “The Deal” and knowing you, I’m sure you’ve been cracking up a few times! AND just saw “Evan Arden” preorder ??? Oh yeah!

Shell February 28, 2015 at 8:41 AM

Girls I just finished both ‘Fighting Silence ‘ and ”The Deal’ both awesome read in a different way and I loved them both. You all have to read both so does’t matter which one you all pick first.

Now I don’t know which one to go for next !!!

Paula February 28, 2015 at 8:52 AM

20% left of The Deal – loving it! Ooooh Beautifully Broken the final part of the If I break series is out by Portia Moore, which means I can now read book 2 & 3 now it it complete! That’s my next read planned…oh and must read Thoughtful too…

Lisa M February 28, 2015 at 10:26 AM

I finished The Deal this morning. Read till 2am and then up at 8am finish!!! Book hangover!!!! So excited its a series!!! Can’t wait for the second one!!!

Tessa February 28, 2015 at 11:29 AM

Just finished After We Collided. The first was so fun and insane, that I was hoping for more anger fight fun. Instead… Drasma, drama, sad, sad, drama… None of the insanity, just sad, yet, not sad that breaks my heart. Just, get over it already sad. *sighs* Oh well. I’ll try three next month anyway.

bev February 28, 2015 at 11:39 AM
Jean February 28, 2015 at 12:23 PM

Bev, you are cracking me up with your countdown!

I’m at 80% of Fighting Silence and oh I just love it! I don’t want this book to end! Loved the friendship, the buildup, the angst, the fun, the tears, the love…. Oh I just love everything!

Michelle February 28, 2015 at 1:18 PM

Get up Simon or I will pull all your fur out!

Countdown: Too many days!

Fabi February 28, 2015 at 1:45 PM

You guys are SO killing me with your countdown. I still have to get to book 2 before 3 comes out! I need to dig myself out of the darkness that is LoA 2. Honestly, after about the 60% mark, the author tried too hard to keep making it darker and darker and managed to cross the line into ridiculous and unbeliavable. And yet…I have to keep reading. wth?!

bev February 28, 2015 at 1:59 PM

Lol, Michelle. That was perfect. That wolf looked amused by the whole thing.

bev February 28, 2015 at 2:18 PM

Jean it is ridiculous. I’m sort of out of my reading groove, but think those will get me on track.

Fabi, isn’t that funny. There was a book that I saw a Glowing review for and so one click. Then I just really didn’t like it but still read it straight through. Then I was upset lol.

Amy February 28, 2015 at 4:49 PM

Alright, one last time…

You guys were sooooooo right about Archer’s Voice and I was soooooo wrong for waiting to read it!!!!!! :D

*sigh* What a beautiful story.

Tessa February 28, 2015 at 5:17 PM

So… I should read it?

Amy February 28, 2015 at 5:32 PM

YES!!!!!! :D

Maryse February 28, 2015 at 5:32 PM

*grins* at Amy!!!

Jean February 28, 2015 at 5:40 PM

Yay Amy! So glad you loved it!

Jean February 28, 2015 at 5:50 PM

I’m reading The Deal now! I love it! It’s great!

Amy February 28, 2015 at 6:05 PM

:D <——– That's gonna be me for the next week!!

Soooooo, will The Deal have a fair chance with me after Archer?

*happy sigh* Oh Archer…

bev February 28, 2015 at 6:10 PM

Jean, can’t wait to hear what you think when done. So much buzz I was sure I’d one click. Last year there were two books that had all the buzz and I could not wait to read. But I just liked them. This though maybe getting even more.

MichelleS February 28, 2015 at 6:35 PM

Amy – you now who has a chance after Archer? TJ from On The Island – you will swoon like a loon – I promise you! Come on, you’ve got time… it’s not next week yet. And I read Thoughtless (finally finished today).

I am reading an off-the-wall recommendation, can’t remember from who, called All These Pieces of Me. It’s a beauty and the beast story with BDSM thrown in…. plus Autism and OCD. Okay – what the heck? Let’s see how this all plays out. It was FREE – so no harm, no foul, right? And he’s a big old scarred beast that drives a Mercedes so I am already hot & bothered. AND, Fabi, it takes place in Dallas (they are in Deep Ellum right now) HA!

Fabi February 28, 2015 at 6:41 PM

MichelleS I read one just recently that was in Deep Ellum. Oh shoot, they all blur together. I’ll have to look through my last few. I don’t think it was the one you’re reading though because the title doesn’t ring a bell.

Fabi February 28, 2015 at 6:42 PM

btw I’ve never been there MichelleS

MichelleS February 28, 2015 at 7:14 PM

I’ve never been either – or lower Greenville – or any of the “cool” places – except Sundance Square in FW. I read on Saturday nights! ha!

BTW, Fabi – 61% is where I got with LoA-2…. but I WILL finish it. I just need that level of crazy in small doses.

Michelle February 28, 2015 at 7:39 PM

The Reason by Jen Andrews is .99
Cursed by SJ West is .99
Cold Iron by DL McDermott is 1.99
Crazy Love by Michelle Pace is .99
Idle Bloom by Jewel E Ann is .99

Michelle February 28, 2015 at 7:44 PM

Omigod and I just saw Lesley Jones has a new book coming out Tuesday as well, Conviction! Why does everything have to release on the same day?!

Fabi February 28, 2015 at 8:33 PM

I finished LoA 2 but I think I’m switching to Murder of Crows now. It doesn’t have sex in it and after LoA 1&2, no sex is good sex.

Amy February 28, 2015 at 9:01 PM

*drops face in hands* Fabi, no sex is NEVER good sex. Never.

bev February 28, 2015 at 9:02 PM

Yay! Fabi. Keep us posted on what you think of it.

Amy February 28, 2015 at 9:40 PM

Hey ladies, I have a question…what is the name of the book that came out recently where they are kind of star-crossed lovers because of the crime families they come from? I can’t remember the title for the life of me…

bev February 28, 2015 at 10:03 PM

Is it the new Darhower one from Tuesday’s list?

AP February 28, 2015 at 10:13 PM

Heads up: Neanderthal seeks human by Penny Reid is FREE! Such a fun read

Amy February 28, 2015 at 10:56 PM

Yes!! That’s the one…By Any Other Name by J.M. Darhower. Thank you Bev! *big hug*

And thanks Michelle and AP….looooove it when the books are free!

Fabi February 28, 2015 at 10:59 PM

Amy, I would have said that too before LoA. But after good sex, bad sex, straight sex, kinky sex, brutal sex, oral, anal, and everything in between, I am SO DONE with sex scenes. Time for no sex Murder of Crows. Just in time before the new release. :-)

Amy February 28, 2015 at 11:11 PM

What the…BLAHAHAHAHA!!!!! OMG Fabi!!

*snort* You said release… :P

bev February 28, 2015 at 11:49 PM

I knew if I remembered that description I had to of read it recently. So just scrolled until I saw Maryse’s mobster alert.

It makes me so happy all the Others fans. At first it just seemed like Michelle & I being adventure buddies, lol. Hmmm……now we just need to entice Maryse into the courtyard. ;-)

Fabi March 1, 2015 at 12:01 AM

*facepalms* omg Amy – yeah there was a lot of that too but not the kind I was talking about coming on Tuesday *eeek* I can’t find another way to say it. New books! I’m talking about a “new book” which will be coming out, released, on Tuesday. <— there that's now clear as mud

Jean March 1, 2015 at 1:05 AM

Yes Fabi, all kinds of sex in LoA. I did like the 3rd book the best so far. Still dark though. I needed to take breaks in between too. I kept turning to the Neighbor from Hell series because they are light funny reads and no darkness whatsoever.

The Deal… guys…….so great! No instant attraction… They generally don’t like each other….. And their banter is so funny! And yeah a hockey player!! Is it bad that I want to be a puck bunny? Lol!

Jean March 1, 2015 at 1:13 AM

Thanks Michelle! I’ve been waiting for Because of Ellison to go on sale! It has really great reviews! Picked up Very Wicked Things too because I got the first one free also (probably from one of your lists)! Love that!

bev March 1, 2015 at 9:30 AM
Cheryl March 1, 2015 at 10:35 AM

Finished The Deal. Loved it!!! *Garrett*

I’m not sure I would equate it to Archer’s Voice Amy, but still really good. Archer’s Voice was a beautiful story with more “feeling” and angst than The Deal.

I read or should say dnf Fire Down Below, when it was a fanfiction. Funny, very strange book!! May have to take a re-look at it now. ;)

Michelle March 1, 2015 at 10:48 AM

Skippy in his wolf bed (NOT dog bed) howling “only two more days!”

MichelleS March 1, 2015 at 11:52 AM

Michelle – when I hit the link, it was for cellulite cream! what are you trying to say, hmmmm?

I agree with Fabi and Jean – you need a book with virtually no sex after Life of Anna. It’s like eating every dessert on the buffet… the next day you just want a salad, you know? So what did I do? Pick up the BDSM with Autism and OCD book!!! I am so nuts. But for some weird reason, I like it. He is my perfect hero so far. And she is hilarious. (All These Pieces of Me, for those who are wondering what book I’m talking about).

I am stalling and taking my time so I can read The Others #3 with Bev and Michelle. Simon + Meg = hanky panky for sure this time!!! I just know it. Plus I want to know what happens to her friend who went to live with that other group.

Michelle March 1, 2015 at 12:46 PM

Is it really? I click it, and it’s just a cute howling puppy? I dunno…

I started The Deal today since I have to see what the fuss is about!

Jean March 1, 2015 at 12:56 PM

Haha MichelleS, love the dessert/salad comparison! Hey, just checked, and I actually have All These Pieces Of Me but haven’t read it yet. Should I move it up on my list?

bev March 1, 2015 at 12:57 PM

Puppy or puff ball? So sweet.

Jean & Cheryl, so it is a slow burn? I love those. One hockey book I read was Alex and it was pretty good. Very likable heroine.

MichelleS, so you think the next one is the one? I think we may get a kiss but not sure about more.
* Rubbing hands together* Can’t wait.

Amy March 1, 2015 at 1:28 PM

Maryse and Cheryl and anyone else who loves eyeshadow…lookie lookie lookie!! I *have* to get the burgundy and purple palettes!

Amy March 1, 2015 at 1:57 PM

Oh, and I watched The Fault In Our Stars last night. *SOB* As in fugly snot crying with my PJ top all nasty from being used as a Kleenex and my poor stuffed manatee covered in snuffle. The ending was spoiled for me a while ago and yet it still killed me. And…and…AND the song All I Want by Kodaline (which *still* makes my heart clench because of Bright Side) was in the movie. And I know I’ll still end up reading the book…*sigh*

Soooo, now it’s either Big Little Lies or Murder of Crows. *braces for squeees* I’m a little burned out on drama after Thoughtful so I’m going to put off The Deal and Fighting Silence for now. :?

bev March 1, 2015 at 2:19 PM
bev March 1, 2015 at 2:20 PM

Fabi March 1, 2015 at 3:44 PM

This is out of context but I have to share. Do y’all remember Cole McCade, author of A Second Chance at Paris? Well, he posts snippets of what he’s currently writing on Twitter, plus he’s a real charmer in his posts so I follow and read when I can. But NOW he’s posting voice snippets on his FB. Sexiest voice EVER. You have to ask to become a member but it doesn’t take long for his team to reply. Here’s a link, hope it works: (Audio status via
or here:

Michelle March 1, 2015 at 3:49 PM

Yeah seriously Amy you have to put up with Bev’s and mine countdowns and you even have to consider not going with MoC?!

Bev, I already saw some early reviews that said book 3 is amazing…sooo excited!

Tracy March 1, 2015 at 6:29 PM

I may be too late for the party but Amy I just finished By Any Other Name and I loved it. It doesn’t end exactly on a cliff hanger but you will want to read the second ooh when it comes out. Now on to The Deal.

bev March 1, 2015 at 6:37 PM

Michelle, nice that you are hearing some positive early buzz.

Jean March 1, 2015 at 6:52 PM

I am in love with Garrett from The Deal! OMG!!

Michelle March 1, 2015 at 7:04 PM

I’m right there with you Jean, totally smitten with him! We’ve got Till Page and now Garrett Graham…it’s been a good week for sexy heroes :D

Jean March 1, 2015 at 7:44 PM

Ahhh Till…. loved him too! Yes it was a great reading weekend! Now I have no idea what to read next…….

Maryse March 1, 2015 at 7:44 PM

5 stars for me on The Deal!!! I’m writing the review as we speak. ROCKED MY WORLD.

Maryse March 1, 2015 at 7:45 PM

Ooooh the smoky eye black one!!!! I want it.

Jean March 1, 2015 at 7:47 PM

Yes, yes, yes Maryse! Sooooo awesome!!! Can’t wait to read your review!

Michelle March 1, 2015 at 7:47 PM

Conspire by SE Hall is 1.99
Love Thy Neighbor by Sophie Winter is .99
The Sisterhood by Helen Bryan is 1.99
The Complete Vampire Agape Series by Georgia Cates is .99
Maybe by Amber L Johnson is .99

Michelle March 1, 2015 at 7:51 PM

Yeah I thought I could stretch The Deal out to take me up until the new releases on Tuesday but I can’t put it down so I will likely finish tonight. Can’t wait to see your review Maryse!

bev March 1, 2015 at 7:54 PM

I can’t believe I didn’t one click on The Deal. Of all the ttimes I decide to stick to a budget, lol.

Jean March 1, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Thanks Michelle! Grabbed Making the Cut because I love Scott Hildreth! And recommend Rules of Protection….. loved that book!

Michelle March 1, 2015 at 7:57 PM

Oh those palettes Amy…I seriously am over on my makeup budget but the amber and burgundy are sooo gorgeous! I can’t find if they are limited?

Michelle March 1, 2015 at 7:59 PM

I have Rules of Protection and haven’t read it yet. There’s a couple I want from the last few days including Making the Cut but I’m buying sooo many books on Tuesday that I have to hold back my clicker finger blah

Cheryl March 1, 2015 at 8:38 PM

Ooohh Amy, I like the navy eye palette!!

Tessa March 1, 2015 at 9:04 PM

Okay. It was bad enough before with Visions of Silver and Dead Heat, now I found out also coming out in TWO DAYS is the next Chicagoland Vampire book, Dark Debt! I love this series, a lot! It’s insane, funny, mystery filled,nasty politics fun. UGH. How am I supposed to choose?

Why are so many good books coming out on the same day? *grins* Like, seriously great books?

Stefanie March 1, 2015 at 9:52 PM

I’m so glad I found your blog! In the past 2 weeks I’ve been going book crazy. Loved The Deal so much that I’m reading it again. I love dual POV’s!

Fabi March 1, 2015 at 10:02 PM

Maryse, it’s a five star? Why, oh why did I think I could resist. *resistance is futile* 1-click

Tessa March 1, 2015 at 11:03 PM

Oh, Michelle. What Lies Beneath by J.L. Myers was meh. The secondary characters didn’t really go past one dimension, which is too bad, because the potential was there.

MichelleS March 2, 2015 at 8:43 AM

Fabi – right? Maryse’s 5-stars are pretty much one-clicks for me always. So, she derailed my plans again. I started The Deal last night. You starting it right away?

Fabi March 2, 2015 at 9:00 AM

I was going to post this on her review thread, but yes, I’m starting it tonight. I’ve been so squirrelly, I have 3 books started right now. But it sounds like The Deal is the one I was looking for. I should have listened to everyone here raving about it. I think I’ve become a bit gun shy of the super angsty/sad ones. Its making me hesitate when I should just jump in. You guys ALWAYS know a good book when you pick one up.

bev March 2, 2015 at 10:43 AM

The Deal is definitely what I’m going to after tomorrow’s reads. It’s nice to know that I’ll have a 5 star to go to. It sounds so so good.

bev March 2, 2015 at 10:46 AM
Michelle March 2, 2015 at 12:06 PM

HAHA Bev I can’t beat that! We call my gram Rose because she has some ‘thought lapses’ that remind us of her. Buuutt technically if amazon delivers on time we have like 12 hours squeeeeeeee :D

Amy March 2, 2015 at 12:08 PM

After reading Maryse’s review of The Deal and the part where she says it has that “old-school indie feel” I’m now feeling all nostalgic and wanting to read books with the same feels as The Sea of Tranquility and The Edge of Never and Slammed. And for some crazy reason, I’m missing the feels from the YA PNR/UF reads I was obsessed with before I got all wrapped up in NA angst and drama! Now I *really* don’t know what to read…

On a side note…those palettes are gorgeous, right ladies? Michelle, I have to make a run to the MAC store this week to stock up on some staples (and *maybe* some palettes…okay, definitely some palettes ;) ) so I’ll find out if they are a limited edition or not.

Amy March 2, 2015 at 12:09 PM

OMG Bev, crows and cracks…LOL!!

Michelle March 2, 2015 at 12:12 PM

Well that sucks Tessa, the story sounded good too, oh well that’s the beauty of free and I especially love when I find an amazing gem without spending any money! Oh and I can’t even think about Dark Debt like my head is on overload with all the other releases! There’s a TON of good PNR coming out this month beyond tomorrow too *sigh* I will be broke very soon!

Michelle March 2, 2015 at 12:14 PM

Yeah let us know Amy, usually MAC makes it clear on the website but I can’t find if they are?

bev March 2, 2015 at 12:56 PM

I love those girls, they always put a smile on my face. Hope I still have those friendships when I’m that age.

Michelle, no way I can start tonight. I’d be up all night. That’s how I read the first one. You know I wish I could still function well on no sleep like I did when my age started with a 1 or 2. Now that it starts with a 3 not so much, lol.

Amy, I wish the author of Sea of T would release a new one. The Deal is next after tomorrow’s. Then for ya going to Poison Princess. Michelle had raved about it. Also, I’d grabbed the first from Sophie Jordan’s series.

Amy March 2, 2015 at 1:08 PM

Will do, Michelle. :)

I forgot about that one, Bev! I just looked at the blurb and that series may be just what I’m looking for right now. As long as my book ADD doesn’t kick in again. :?

Okay, not sure if this was posted here before and I just forgot or if this is kind of news to everyone but…holy sh!t, Nick Bateman is gonna be Miles in the Ugly Love movie?!?!?!? Oh my, just the thought of that guy breaking down is enough to make my heart clench…you know which part, the “water” scene. *sniffle-sob*

Jean March 2, 2015 at 2:37 PM

OMG Amy! I didn’t know who Nick Bateman was!!!!! Googled him and HOLY CRAP, HOLY CRAP, HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!! I do get a little anxious when they make one of our favorite books into a movie though….don’t want it ruined!

I’m wanting that old school feel after reading The Deal too. Will Sweet Gum Tree give it to me?

Bev, I agree, wish author of Sea of T would release a new one! I’ll never forget that book…. Ahhh, that last line!!!!!!

Michelle March 2, 2015 at 2:48 PM

Yeah speaking of hot, I’m finding the sales for today and stumbled on the cover for Innocent Ride by Chelsea Camaron *drool*

Jean March 2, 2015 at 2:53 PM

Ummmm Michelle, that may be the hottest cover I’ve ever seen!!! Droolling AND slobbering here! Lol!!!

Michelle March 2, 2015 at 2:59 PM

Bev, I have to at least start something tonight and I’m a night owl to begin with. I’m 32 but I can still stay up with the best of them and function, maybe that will change eventually? The Arcana Chronicles were great. They were all solid 4 star reads for me and were unique for how much pnr I read. Oh and the sexy time in book 2 I thought was way more than you normally get with YA so there’s that ;)

Jean, I think Sweet Gum Tree had the feels similar to what you get with The Deal. I don’t think you can go wrong since I loved that one so much as well!

Michelle March 2, 2015 at 2:59 PM

Oh good Jean it’s not just me haha…like that dude’s HOT!

Michelle March 2, 2015 at 3:27 PM

Hardwired (The Hacker Series Book 1) by Meredith Wild is 4.48
Conviction (Club Destiny Book 1) by Nicole Edwards is .99
The Breathless Trilogy (Rush, Fever, Burn) by Maya Banks is 11.99
Encrypted (Encrypted Series Book 1) by Lindsay Buroker is .99
Clarity The Complete Series by Loretta Lost is .99

bev March 2, 2015 at 3:38 PM

I think some people are just night owls. Though I have you beat by a few. Too soon their will be a 6 to keep the 3 company, lol.
I’m going to try and get up early enough to get some reading in before work.

Tessa March 2, 2015 at 4:46 PM

Yeah! I’m glad you liked the Arcana Chronicles. *grins* I loved book two, and Aric.

Now, has anyone read the Nick Chronicles by Sherrilyn Kenyon. The next book comes out on March 31.

!!! Joker’s Wrath for free? Wait, did I read that one?

Cheryl March 2, 2015 at 4:47 PM

Holy Hell Amy, I didn’t know who Nick Bateman was either but, HE. IS. HOT!!! The water scene?? I’m drawing a blank on that one…*looking at Ugly Love*

On another note, Amy & Maryse and everyone that likes makeup, did you see this UD palette on sale at Ulta? Bought it today.

Michelle March 2, 2015 at 5:31 PM

Tessa, the first Joker’s Wrath was free a few days ago so if ya are following my sales lists, you would get then both for nothing! I liked the series too and recommend it. I haven’t read the Nick Chronicles – is it good?

Fabi March 2, 2015 at 6:04 PM

Tessa, I’ve read the Nick Chronicles except the last one that is still sitting on my tbr. They are a YA spin off the Dark Hunters series. I like them mostly because I got to revisit the DH characters. NC is very YA. Like 13-17 YA. But still lots of action which I love in books (and movies).

Fabi March 2, 2015 at 6:15 PM

Michelle your lists have exploded my tbr. The good news is, it took the stress off my ever growing tbr since I doubt I can read all these books in my lifetime. The bad news is I don’t really know what I have anymore as far as genre or subgenre. *shrug* I guess Amazon will let me know if I try to buy something I already have. It’s great to have an awesome Kindle library – many thanks!

bev March 2, 2015 at 6:42 PM

I feel like my tbr is making me more anxious. I have always loved having a large pile of books but for years that was mostly from the library and I read them. I swear I have more books and read less, lol. So I’m going to try to mainly focus on my scribd trial and my library books for a bit. I pulled up 50 books from my kindle and I think I’m going to leave them up on main carousel and see if I can make my way through it this year. I should do it with my nook too. And then I think I’m going to *try* to be slightly more selective. I know I have unread gems buried in here.

bev March 2, 2015 at 6:45 PM

Lol, Do I wanna know just came up on my shuffle as I wrote that and Amy and a sad character I do not know come to mind. Now it’s The Irish Rover, don’t think I have a book for that one.

MichelleS March 2, 2015 at 6:55 PM

Nick Bateman – hubba hubba – almost too good looking, you know?

I haven’t read Arcana Chronicles, even though I love Kresley Cole and devoured everything she wrote. I think it’s the YA thing that’s kept me away; I haven’t read a YA urban fantasy that I liked except (Twilight of course) and The Covenant Series. Never read Lux, or any others. So you think it’s worth a look, huh? They’re EXPENSIVE!

Tonight, it’s a marathon to finish the Deal so I can enjoy some Meg and Simon time tomorrow. (And the rest of the crew, because her secondary characters are incredible).

bev March 2, 2015 at 7:09 PM

MichelleS, I’m trying Poison Princess on the trial I’m using. Also, the deal, Radiance, #hater,Neanderthal marries human & Charming the highlander.
Well if I start reading them.

Michelle March 2, 2015 at 7:31 PM

MichelleS, the second Arcana book is only 1.99 right now. They seem popular in libraries too. I love everything Kresley Cole does and really like I said above, it doesn’t read as typical YA.

Fabi, I’ll never read them all either but I like the options and I can’t pass up so many good freebies! I split my tbr lists as I posted before and have special ones just for free books. I definitely have lulls in the year where there are not as many good new releases and am thankful to have my free book collections waiting.

I’m reading Take by Nashoda Rose and it’s a cool PNR so far and definitely not like anything I’ve read before. It’s shorter too so I can finish before either Dead Heat or Vision in Silver get delivered. I don’t even care which one gets to my kindle first, I just can’t wait!!

Fabi March 2, 2015 at 8:06 PM

I agree Michelle. I really like having this huge selection to fall back on now. But I still only have two categories, tbr and tbr now. Lol I swear I’d pay someone $50 to get my tbr categorized into genres. There’s an online database I’ve been looking at, maybe that will help down the road. For now I’m still trying to get all of my titles entered into GB in the hopes of using their export feature to compile later on. Do I sound crazy? I sound crazy to myself.

Amy March 2, 2015 at 8:08 PM

Oh sweet baby manatees…that cover for Innocent Ride just gave my brain an orgasm. *snort* I’ll bet his rides are anything but innocent. :P And that tat…mmmm, I love me some sleeves!

Amy March 2, 2015 at 8:30 PM

Bev, I relate that song to Kellan now after reading Thoughtful. ;)

Fabi…if it makes you feel any better, crazy is having unread books in the four digits. Yeah, try and wrap your head around that one!

That palette Cheryl! And on sale?? Oh, I am so getting it. You can never have too many palettes. :D Oh and the Ugly Love water scene (trying not to be spoilery here)…okay, it’s the part with the bridge and the water and the most heartbreaking scene of the whole book. And anyone who hasn’t read it and assumes what that part could be…trust me, you can’t even begin to guess about that scene. You just…can’t. It kicked my gut and heart at the same time. But I loved, loved, LOVED that book!

Amy March 2, 2015 at 8:47 PM

Okay, last post then I have to make supper…to answer your question about SGT Jean, that was a first with that kind of book for me, so I would say if you haven’t really read coming-of-age books then I think that it could give you that old school feel. Man, I loved that book. Not really angsty but VERY emotional. And perfect.

Some books that give me *my* old school feels are Beautiful Disaster (first NA drama book), Thoughtless (first rock star and ANGST book), the Eden trilogy (first more grown-up PNR/UF…and I *loved* it!), that sort of thing. Those kind of books are the ones where I remember practically everything in them and the character names and lines from the book years later.

Tessa March 2, 2015 at 8:52 PM

Michelle, the Nick Chronicles are following Nick Gautier from the Dark Hunter series. I love it, though it is from his POV. It does have more YA feel than the Arcana Chronicles, but they are fun, and since it’s Nick starting from the age of 14, it’s hilarious.

I think I had Joker’s Wrath 1? Maybe? I know some thing odd had to be passed up. If not, I’ve got it. My TBR is being sorted slowly, so I’m clueless at the moment what’s in there.

Innocent Ride… his face. I just can’t. It was so hot until I saw that expression. He looks confused! “I’m tough, but am baffled by your big words.” Sooooo close to perfection. *sighs*

Fabi March 2, 2015 at 8:55 PM

“I’m tough, but am baffled by your big words.”

BAHAHAHA WAY too funny Tessa.

Tessa March 2, 2015 at 8:56 PM

Argh, Melancholy is no longer on sale. I took too long!

Tessa March 2, 2015 at 9:09 PM

:P Number one sexy attribute in a guy for me… intelligence.

Michelle March 2, 2015 at 9:15 PM

What face…

Amy March 2, 2015 at 9:33 PM

OMG Tessa, LOL!!!!! I will *never* be able to look at that cover again and not think of your comment!

And Michelle is so focused on that V that points to the promised land that she has no idea what we’re laughing about…

Fabi March 2, 2015 at 9:37 PM

You guys are killing me lmao

bev March 2, 2015 at 9:45 PM

Lol, I missed last part of Tessa’s comment. So, I’m like why is Fabi telling Tessa how tough she is and her lack in word comprehension? Then laughing at herself?
Now understand.

Fabi March 2, 2015 at 9:49 PM

Come on Bev, get with the program. Crazy Fabi hasn’t completely lost it yet :-) *teasing*

Fabi March 2, 2015 at 9:51 PM

I bet MichelleS is nose deep in The Deal, otherwise she’d be all over this one.

Cheryl March 2, 2015 at 9:52 PM

bev March 2, 2015 at 10:01 PM

Fabi, I thought it was cool you would state your toughness but reading all your posts the words part made no sense.

So covers. This may be a stupid question, but do all the guy covers get old? I remember the first Burton cover was like, whoa. And The Deal and Cameron ones are hot, but this type doesn’t stand out to me as much anymore. Station Eleven, The Martian, Bollywood Affair, The Will, and now The Arcana books all caught my eye and still do. Maybe we could mention are favorites at the end of the year. Oh, Eleanor & Park cover, if you read the bbook you know how perfect it is.

Fabi March 2, 2015 at 10:05 PM

Agree Bev.

But this is what Tessa is looking for (I hope you can see the pic!)

Fabi March 2, 2015 at 10:07 PM

Trying one more time with the link. Tessa’s man:

Tessa March 2, 2015 at 10:17 PM

*jaw drops* Yes, yes please. *nods* Smart and pretty.
lol Michelle. Look up girl.
Bev, I think we’ll always have “hot male” covers, because the books are geared towards women. I didn’t like the cover to the Will, because it looked like a lot of covers from ten years ago. I saw it and thought “Older person who’s life is passing her by and she wants to change things.” Imagine my surprise when it was not that at all. The others, yeah. They’re intriguing. I love unusual covers. I wish there were more, but hot body sells.

Tessa March 2, 2015 at 10:20 PM

*looks back at the picture* And tattoos! Smart bad boy? *swoons*

bev March 2, 2015 at 10:23 PM

Ok that was a long post. *Sigh* Speaking of hot guys off to watch a certain Jaime Lannister.

Fabi March 2, 2015 at 10:32 PM

Right Tessa? That’s the best bad boy geek I’ve ever seen. Whoever has him loves waking up to that scene every morning. :-)

Jean March 2, 2015 at 10:44 PM

Haha you guys are too funny! Love that pic Fabi. I have to admit I didn’t really notice the face on Innocent Ride cover until Tessa pointed it out!

Amy March 2, 2015 at 11:11 PM

Oh my…he can read to me ANYtime and be my own personal audiobook. ;)

bev March 2, 2015 at 11:17 PM

I love those type of glasses on men.
Tessa, did you ever read Arouse by Nina Lane. Very smart hot hero.

Amy, you already have that at home.;-) Does he wear glasses?

Tessa March 2, 2015 at 11:37 PM

*adds Arouse to TBR* Medieval scholar? Perfect! And a freebie as well!

bev March 2, 2015 at 11:40 PM

Darn, I forgot Jaime and Brienne’s road trip is over. I love that friendship. I wonder how long it would take to re-read the books.

Amy March 2, 2015 at 11:50 PM

*giggle* No glasses since he had laser eye surgery but it definitely was hot when he would wear them in the evening after taking out his contacts. ;)

I just looked up Arouse on Amazon, and another of Nina Lane’s books showed up called The Erotic Dark. Go look at that cover…it looks like she is saying, “You want me to do WHAT with that?!?” LOL!!!!!

Fabi March 3, 2015 at 12:06 AM

When I looked up Arouse on Amazon I got THIS on the list:
Arouse-Rx Sex Pheromones For Men: Unscented Cologne Additive to Attract Women – 10mL

bev March 3, 2015 at 12:20 AM

Fabi, Amy, Tessa~ you guys are killing me tonight.

I think Michelle maybe in the courtyard right now.

bev March 3, 2015 at 12:22 AM
Michelle March 3, 2015 at 12:51 AM

Bah no I’m in the cold outside the courtyard because amazon sucks and none of my books have delivered! I’m getting sleepy too so I may be waiting until tomorrow *frustrated growl*

Cheryl March 3, 2015 at 8:06 AM

Smart and sexy- yeh I’m in!!

Noticed the cover changed from when Maryse reviewed Arouse and what’s on amazon now. *hot cover to a bird’s nest, just wrong*

Amy, it does!!! ;)

bev March 3, 2015 at 9:48 AM

Michelle what are you starting with? I’m not sure I’m going to be able to start until I get off work. :’( Oh, the allure of the snooze button.

Michelle March 3, 2015 at 10:06 AM

Well I checked right before I went to bed and sure enough I had just gotten Dead Heat so I read two chapters last night. I’m going to stick with that one first since I already started. At least I got to start something…freakin amazon!