So many of our fellow reader-bloggers, and our favorite authors attended a “preview” screening of the Fifty Shades movie today in New York and I’ve been hearing over and over again how AWESOME it is!! *squeeeee!!!* I can’t wait! Who here will be seeing it? Will you be going to the theater or waiting for a private (home) showing? *snort* LOL!!! *sigh* How cool! I’m LOVING the updates and the pictures.
Well… I couldn’t make New York this time around, but I shall console myself by spending my weekend reading, and of course, I couldn’t be happier with that prospect!
And while there are a few below that look fantastic (and a few I have already read and HIGHLY recommend – take a look, I posted my reviews next to ‘em), I think this weekend I’m sticking with my TBR “short list”.
So whatcha readin’ next? Or whatcha readin’ now?
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE (also includes NA, and YA, bikers, bad boys, bad guys, rock stars etc…)
- Floored (Frenched Book 3) by Melanie Harlow <— JUST RELEASED (and I really enjoyed Frenched-book #1 <— my review). And the series reading order.
- Please Don’t Stop The Music by Jane Lovering <— Nancy found out this one is on super-sale and I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!!!! Awesome romance story with quite the twist. READ IT MY FRIENDS!!! (here’s my review. You’ll see. AWESOMENESS!!)
- Marrying Mister Perfect (Reality Romance Book 1) by Lizzie Shane <— JUST RELEASED (Reality dating show!!!)
- Alexander (Isle of Eagleland) by Kaydee Mavericks <— JUST RELEASED!! “Almost seven years later… Same town… Same instant spark…Only this time he’s not available, he kept a secret from the start and I’ve had a secret I couldn’t share with him until now…“
- Flame by TOYA RICHARDSON <— JUST RELEASED and bargain priced!!! A vicious breakup… “…even though Amberley has moved on, it would seem that her ex has different ideas. Living with a secret terror, Amberley’s health begins to suffer, forcing her to seek refuge from all the London complications by heading down to her childhood holiday home at the Cornish Coast.“
- Compromise Agreement by Isobel Hart <— JUST RELEASED!!! Hmmm a trio? “When life places you a breath away from sleeping in doorways what would you be willing to do? As Natasha Watts and Sophia Riley watch their lives crumble in front of their eyes, Matthew Faulkner offers the best friends a lifeline…“
- Hers (The Fight Club Book 4) by Becca Jameson <— JUST RELEASED “Kayla Temple is leery about returning to a BDSM lifestyle. Finally free from four horrific years with a man she wishes she could forget, she wants to experience the release of submission again, but can she trust any Dom enough to let herself go?“
- Pulse: (#2 The Beat and The Pulse) by Amity Cross <— JUST RELEASED!! <— BOTH of them (she and he) are UFC fighters!
- Three, Two, One (321): (A Dark Suspense) by J.A. Huss <— recent release that’s back on the list ’cause it’s blowing minds!! HOLY MOLY look at all of the awesome reviews!!! Di-Ann LOVES IT!! “Just pulled an all nighter to finish JA Huss’ 3,2,1. Slow build and I wasn’t sure it was for me but about 25% in and I was hooked. Great story, kind of dark but sweet touching ending. Loved it!” and MichelleS is loving it, too! “3.2.1. – it’s what I am reading right now. Chewing my nails and hiding my Kindle anytime anyone gets within ten feet of me because it’s pretty raunchy! Huge mystery already unfolding…. and I like an author who just shows you the story and doesn’t tell you everything….”
- Flying by Megan Hart <— ONE OF MY FAV authors (her romance reads have that darkish, slightly somber but deep realistic feel to ‘em) and this one is on super-sale! She takes weekend trips out of town to meet strangers at the hotel bars… “When Stella meets the enigmatic Matthew in Chicago one weekend, she hits some serious turbulence. Something about him tells her she’s not the only one running from the past. The connection between them is explosive, and for the first time, one taste is not enough for Stella. But returning to find a gorgeous man waiting for her is the easy part—facing the reason she’s there is a whole other matter…. “
- Losing Francesca by J.A. Huss <— Speaking of J.A. Huss, look at this recent release of hers that I didn’t even know about. It sounds crazy! “Francesca Sabatini came to America to take in the sights, celebrate her high school graduation, and have fun wasting time before college starts in the fall. That’s not what happens. Fresh off the plane and barely on American soil more than a handful of minutes, Francesca’s face is recognized by TSA scanners to be a match for a child who was kidnapped twelve years ago.“
- Whiskey Prince by Toni Aleo <— SUPER-SALE!! RECLUSIVE heir to his family’s whisky company… “Declan knows just what he wants and that is to take over the family dynasty, but when his father gives him an ultimatum, everything he’s worked for could come undone in the blink of an eye. With six months to get married, the reclusive Declan spots Amberlyn across a lake and instantly feels the need to know her. Soon, the two find themselves traveling down a path neither expected.“
- The King: The Original Sinners Book 6 by Tiffany Reisz <— This one’s on BIG sale!!!!
- Loving Lawson by R.J. Lewis <— SUPER-SALE!!! Nancy found us these two and Kandace loves ‘em!! “I totally love this series. It’s really good. It was a bit more suspenseful than I was expecting.”
- Saving Lawson (Loving Lawson Book 2) by R.J. Lewis <— and so is book #2!!!
- Harbour (Runaway Home Book 1) by Penelope Louleas <— Mry recommends it! “I loved this! Just in time for Pierce who debuts on the 16th…”
- Radiance (Wraith Kings Book 1) by Grace Draven <— Back on the list ’cause Lisa loves it: “Maryse Im just reading Radiance by Grace Draven and i wanted to tell you all , you just gotta read this book. I cant be away for more than a few minutes but im desperate to get back to it, at the same time ill be sad when i reach the end ^^ !“
- Sidetracked by Brandilyn Collins <— SUPER-SALE!! Hiding a BIG secret! “Thirty-four-year-old Delanie Miller has fled her dark past and is now settled into a quiet life in small-town Kentucky. She has friends, a faux “family” who lives in her house, and a loving boyfriend who may soon ask her to marry him. Her aching dream of a husband and future children are about to come true. But protecting this life of promise means keeping a low profile and guarding the truth of her past—from everyone.“
- Station Eleven: A novel by Emily St. John Mandel <— highly recommended by many here! MichelleS got happy: “So I just read the description of Station Eleven on amazon. It sounds amazing!!! Who is in with me?” and Michelle was in!: “If anyone wants more apocalyptic type stories, I have to plug Station Eleven. It’s fantastic – one of my favorite reads from last year!” and then: “Read Station Eleven. It’s a breath of fresh air. I thought the writing was so elegant and the story poignant and haunting.“
- Trouble by Samantha Towle <— Michelle found us this one on super-bargain sale and she says “I liked this one”
- To Professor, with Love (Forbidden Men Book 2) by Linda Kage <— Michelle found us this bargain priced one too! “STUDENT TEACHER but SHE’S the teacher…)
- Revenant (Demonica Book 11) by Larissa Ione <— HER LATEST RELEASE on SUPER-SALE!! Caroline found it and loves it! “Latest novel in Demonica series. Loved it!” Haven’t read the latest oe yet but I agree, this series is AWESOME!!! Here’s the Demonica Series Reading Order.
- Savage Lust (Night Seekers) by Desiree Holt <— JUST RELEASED!!
- STRANGE MAGIC – Part Two (The MAGIC series Book 2) by Michelle Mankin <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Irrevocable Boxed Set by Skye Callahan <— DARK BUNDLED SET!!!
- Desolate: An Empathy Novel by Ker Dukey <— JUST RECENTLY RELEASED!!!
- Black Widow: A dark romance by PJ Adams <— SUPER-SALE “…when her search for revenge leads her to a man who takes bad to a completely different level just how far is she willing to go? If prison has hardened her, what effect will the man who killed her husband have? And does she even have any control over what happens next?“
- The Abbi Glines, Colleen Hoover, and Jamie McGuire Official Fan Book by Abbi Glines & Colleen Hoover & Jamie McGuire – expected release date: February 10th 2015 <— “For those who have read and loved our novels, we offer you a glimpse into our lives and careers—both then and now—with photos and videos and a behind-the-scenes look at our 2014 Fall in Love tour. And you’ll also get a sneak peek at what’s coming up from us next.“
- Rebel: A Blood & Roses Novel by Callie Hart – expected release date February 9th 2015
- Obsession in Death by J.D. Robb - expected release date February 10th 2015
- ONE NIGHT: UNVEILED (The One Night Trilogy) by Jodi Ellen Malpas - expected release date February 10th 2015
- The Ruby Circle: A Bloodlines Novel by Richelle Mead <— expected release date February 10th 2015 (the conclusion to the series)
- Dangerous Passion (Wyatt Brothers Book 2) by Bonnie Dee — expected release date February 11th 2015
- Obligation: Obligation ((Underground Kings Series) Book 2) by Aurora Rose Reynolds - expected release date: February 11th 2015
- Vicious Cycle (A Vicious Cycle Novel Book 1) by Katie Ashley <— - BIKER SERIES ALERT! expected release date June 2nd 2015
- Wicked White by Michelle A. Valentine – expected release date June 24th 2015
- Ride Steady (Chaos) by Kristen Ashley - expected release date June 30th 2015
- Silver Bastard (Silver Valley Book 1) by Joanna Wylde – expected release date April 7th 2015 <— SPINOFF of her biker series!
- Hard to Be Good: A Hard Ink Novella by Laura Kaye <— expected release date April 14th 2015
- Fathomless (Silver Valley) by Joanna Wylde – expected release date September 1st 2015 <— MOB BOSS ALERT! “Now she and her mother have come back to Idaho, hopeful that the small mountain town of Callup can offer them sanctuary. Instead Piper finds herself irresistably drawn to a new kind of trouble. He’s sexy. He’s complicated. He’s dangerous. And he needs Piper in a bad way.“
- Dark Wild Night (Wild Seasons) by Christina Lauren <— expected release date September 15th 2015
- Redemption Road: A Vicious Cycle Novel by Katie Ashley – BIKER SERIES ALERT! expected release date October 6th 2015
- Reaper’s Fall (Reapers Motorcycle Club) by Joanna Wylde – expected release date November 3rd 2015
- The Exhibitionist: The Submissive Series by Tara Sue Me - expected release date November 3rd 2015