Latest Bargain e-Books & Reader Recommendations – March 13th 2015

by Maryse on March 13, 2015 · 111 comments

in eBook Deals

Happy Friday the 13th, my friends! And today is looking like it’s full of GOOD book-luck. ;)

I dug in deep today!! Not only did I do the usual (reader recommendations and bargain finds) but I searched for all sorts of different subjects and just followed the leads… Found SO MANY “new-to-mes” from a few years ago that sound right up our alley, have awesome reviews and plenty of ‘em, and have unique and jolt-worthy blurbs!!! From mature-sounding teenage angst, to marriages in turmoil, to a guy with a skin disorder where he gets injured easily to SO many that look so good (including super-bargain priced audio books). I think I may have stumbled upon quite a few goodies today!

And then… we have next week’s pre-orders to *squee* over, too (all below) BUT!! I wanna highlight one right now!!! *squeeeeee!!* Look what I just found —> After You: A Novel <— The sequel to 5-star favorite “Me Before You” by Jojo Moyes (which is on super-sale right now) is up for PRE-ORDER!!

P.S. Here is my review of Me Before You: http://www.maryse.net/…/book-review-me-before-you-by-jojo-m…

P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).

AUDIOBOOK BARGAINS (e-book bargain priced!!!) PLUS check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal ————->

EBOOK BARGAINS
  1. The Girl on the Train: A Novel by Paula Hawkins <— I FIVE-STAR LOVED IT ALERT!!! One of my FAV books is on sale & #1 again in all of Kindle books!!! *squeeeeee* (my review) <— I paid almost TWICE as much for it when I read it!
  2. Djinn and Tonic (The Houri Legends Book 2) by Jasinda Wilder <— JUST WENT LIVE ALERT!!!
  3. Me Before You: A Novel by JoJo Moyes <— ON SALE and book #2 will be out in just a few months!! FINALLY YAY US!!!! I 5-star LOVED Me Before You <— my review.
  4. In Your Corner (Redemption Book 2) by Sarah Castille <— Look what’s on super-sale!!! Usually quite a bit higher in price but this is awesome! :D  MMA FIGHTER (book #2 in the series and focuses on a different couple) and I absolutely LOVED LOVED book #1 – my review and the series reading order!
  5. Love the Way You Lie (Stripped Book 1) by Skye Warren <— JUST RELEASED!! DARK READ ALERT! “I’ll do anything to get safe, even if that means working at the scariest club in town…” (mafia romance… author says: “the daughter of the boss and the son of a foot soldier.”)
  6. Hendrix (Caldwell Brothers Book 1) by Chelsea Camaron & MJ Fields <— BAD BOY BAR OWNER ALERT! Hendrix Caldwell, the oldest of the Caldwell brothers, is the ever steady voice of reason out of the three Detroit—Rock City’s—wild boys. Focused, determined, and living with a chip on his shoulder, Hendrix is married to his bar, allowing no time for anything more than a casual hook up. Work hard, play harder—that is the Caldwell brothers’ way…
  7. The Summer Remains by Seth King <— TEAR-JERKER ALERT!! A few of our fellow readers keep bringing this one back up, and the AMAZING reviews tell me I should be reading it now!!!! Jean says: “Oh I am in love with The Summer Remains!!!! Beautiful, beautiful love story…. yeah stuffed manatee may be a little wet and sloppy this morning…..I am left in a book fog and will probably need a few days to recover!
  8. Bride in Bloom (The Beachy Bride Book 1) by J.B. Hartnett <— JUST RELEASED!
  9. The Wicked Ways of Alexander Kidd (The MacGregors: Highland Heirs Book 2) by Paula Quinn <— BARGAIN priced, and MichelleS is loving it! “I started Paula Quinn’s “The Wicked Ways of Alexander Kidd”. OMG. So in love already just on chapter 4. This is exactly what I needed. Adventure. A wicked wicked hot pirate, the Highland lassie who is s tow-away on his ship – with a “saucy mouth” and a virgin…. YES… don’t laugh people. I used to devour this stuff. And you know what? When done right, it is so freaking awesome. And I love love love Paula Quinn, so this is fabulous. And did I mention the heat? I was having an hour long message this morning and kept thinking, when can I get back to my book? So you know I’ve got THAt feeling. And I needed that. A total escape…” and THEN she said: “Alexandre the pirate is doing it for me. Definitely. I must have been in the mood for this style of romance. I highlighted a bunch of lines I was going to share, but thought better of it. You guys can imagine! I have to get back to the story. Her daddy and uncle (the Chieftain of the clan) are not happy about her “abduction” (they don’t know she stowed away) and they are coming after him! GASP! And, of course, they just landed in Portugal and the local ladies are all over him like bees on honey and she is not happy! SNORT. Remember loving this stuff?
  10. Hearts of Fire by L.H. Cosway <— BOOK HANGOVER ALERT! back on the list ’cause it’s still at the top of my TBR list, especially after Marina said: “Ok, I am absolutely MOURNING that I’m almost done with Hearts of Fire. :( Lovin’ it! Not sure how I’ll move on? How? Please tell me how?
  11. Make Me (The Submission Games Book 1) by Tamara Mataya <— JUST RELEASED and recommended by Jessalyn: “MAKE ME by Tamara Mataya is THE best book I’ve read in a long time! It’s so much more than a BDSM book, or an erotic romance … It’s an epic love story for sure.
  12. Finding Our Way by Ahren Sanders <— BROTHER’S BEST FRIEND ALERT!! “My new life has no room for the endless tears I cried for months. Emotionally, Bryce betrayed me and caused a deep heartache I never thought I’d overcome.”
  13. When Dreams Come True (The Star Series Book 1) by M. Stratton <— HER BOOK INTO A MOVIE ALERT!! NEW RELEASE and kind of a generic cover and title but the blurb has me intrigued. Her book is about to be made into a movie and she gets a surprise meeting the actor going for the role: “Will Martinsson was riding high on his fame and loving every minute of it. He traveled the world meeting his legions of fans and could pick which roles he wanted. When the script was presented to him, he read it and was intrigued. Then he found out that the author had modeled the character after him…
  14. Breaking All Barriers by Cait Jarrod <— JUST RELEASED “There’s just one problem—the sexy Dina Wright who lives down the hall. He can’t keep her out of his thoughts and fantasies. When he sees her frightened on a New York City street, he tosses aside his reservations and kisses her…
  15. Little Memphis (Little Memphis MC Book 1) by Bijou Hunter <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! He’s an enforcer and she’s starting over “Meeting Shay at the MC´s bar Suede, Ford sees her as a shiny new toy to spice up his life. Shay sees him as a sexy bastard she needs to avoid…
  16. Blue Colla Make Ya Holla by Laramie Briscoe, Chelsea Camaron, Carian Cole, Seraphina Donavan, Aimie Grey, Bijou Hunter, Stella Hunter, Cat Mason, Christina Tomes <— Anthology that was just recently released and super-bargain priced! The tagline? “NOT A BILLIONAIRE IN SIGHT”
  17. Vandal (Ashes & Embers Book 2) by Carian Cole <— Oh!! What’s this one about!?? “She loves me. She needs me. She has no idea I’m the one who wrecked her life…
  18. She’s Gone: A Novel by Joye Emmens <— PSYCHOLOGICAL LOVE STORY ALERT! One I just received a review copy of, and it sounds pretty good… young protester that marches with protesters and meets an enigmatic guy… “Thrown into an adult world, Jolie lies about her age and identity and quickly discovers that nearly everything is more complicated than it seems on the surface—Will included. In this psychological love story, Jolie’s emotional and spiritual journey from California to the East Coast is one of pain, resilience, fear, and hope, as she navigates an increasingly controlling boyfriend and her own personal convictions.
  19. Not To Us (A Love Story) by Katherine Owen <— TUMULTUOUS ALERT!!! AND!!! It’s from back in 2011. Why am I excited about 2011? ‘Cause most of my absolute forever indie favs are from that year. “Ellie’s perfect world unravels. A best friend’s betrayal ends her marriage. An alarming diagnosis threatens her life. Yet. It all leads to Michael… But, fate soon tests their perfect union.
  20. This Much Is True (Truth In Lies Book 1) by Katherine Owen <— RUH-ROH AGE ALERT!!! Super-bargain priced, and from 2013 (but new-to-me). Sounds so good! He’s about to be an all-star baseball player but… “Lying to him about her age and her name is just a part of her don’t-get-emotionally-attached style. She doesn’t count on being found out, nor on ever seeing Linc again or falling in love…”
  21. The Truth About Air & Water (Truth In Lies Book 2) by Katherine Owen <— AND here’s book #2!!
  22. NORMAL (Something More) by Danielle Pearl <— ANXIETY ATTACKS ALERT!!! I found us yet another series set! This one is book #1 and has my attention!! “Rory is broken, and now suffering from a debilitating anxiety disorder, wrought with precarious triggers, she moves across the country to escape the source of her troubles. Her plan is anonymity, but that’s easier said than achieved for the new girl having a panic episode outside of calculus. The worst part? There’s a witness – and a gorgeous one at that.
  23. ReCAP: A NORMAL Novella by Danielle Pearl <— Book # 1.5!!
  24. OKAY: (Normal #2) (Something More) by Danielle Pearl <— Here is book #2 (but I won’t read the blurb ’cause I don’t wanna spoil it for myself…
  25. Julie’s Butterfly by Greta Milán <— SOUNDS RIGHT UP OUR ALLEY ALLERT! Nancy found us this one saying: “Good Friday the 13th Morning & my book find of the day is Julie’s Butterfly… A real tortured soul hero & hope she can help him!”!!! And he’s physically damaged… “Since birth, he has suffered from a very rare skin disorder that makes him exceptionally prone to injury...” Oh I can already see the potential for love and heartache!!!
  26. VOID An Erotic Romance Novel by Cassy Roop <— Stephanie found out that this recent release is now on super-bargain sale!

PRE-ORDERS:

Phyllis March 13, 2015 at 11:00 AM

You is posted on Kindle Amazon as $13.99. Is that the bargain price?

Shane March 13, 2015 at 11:09 AM

OMG, I can’t wait for After You!!!

Maryse March 13, 2015 at 11:32 AM

Ahhhh Phyllis… bummer! Thanks for pointing that out. *sigh* what a great price it was, too. Okay I’ll take it off.

jen March 13, 2015 at 11:39 AM

ohhhhh! a new Charlotte Stein book!! Just clicked the pre-order for The Professor

Bree March 13, 2015 at 11:41 AM

WOLFEN by Alianne Donnelly!! I LOVED that one! =D

Maryse March 13, 2015 at 11:41 AM

I LOVE CHARLOTTE STEIN!!!! I know, right?!

Shell March 13, 2015 at 11:41 AM

Maryse I want to know more about 2011 Indie books, please would you consider making a list of your absolute favourite from that time.

Maryse March 13, 2015 at 11:41 AM

Shane, me toooooo. I’ve been dying for more after THAT story. :D

bev March 13, 2015 at 11:49 AM

Three of my favorite things in one. Too much?

I think for the weekend I’ll finish up The Deal and then on to mysteries. I have three waiting for me and it is suppose to be a rainy weekend, so perfect weather.

Jean March 13, 2015 at 11:52 AM

The Summer Remains!!!! …….sigh…. I was completely overcome with emotion by the end! Loved it!

Guess I need to read Me Before You now…..

Trying to be good and control my 1-clicker finger!

MichelleS March 13, 2015 at 12:40 PM

I finished The Wicked Ways of Alexander Kidd! And it really is a bargain for a full length Paula Quinn novel. Love her Highland Historicals (Children of the Mist, The MacGregors).

A wonderful escape for romance lovers that need a break from angst or dark or complicated. Not as great as the others I listed, but really really good. Her others are re-reads for me at least twice a year. They are just that good.

Fabi March 13, 2015 at 2:00 PM

This month it’s the new releases that are bankrupting me. But I can always find something on the bargain list too. ha!
For me, so far, it’s:
The Wicked Ways of Alexander Kidd
Hearts of Fire
Manwhore
The Proffesor

bev March 13, 2015 at 2:32 PM

For me this month I’ll be clicking on Deep by Kylie Scott for sure. I’m debating on Soaring. That makes me sad because KA used to be an automatic one for me.
Yeah, Colleen Hoover isn’t a stop and drop for me, especially at the 8 dollar mark. Plus it looks like my library is starting to carry her books.

bev March 13, 2015 at 2:37 PM

Going to wait on After Dark too. I was disappointed in the last one. Gah, being a downer today, lol.

Cheryl March 13, 2015 at 3:07 PM

I feel like I still haven’t gone thru all the books from tuesdays list yet, since I put that off until finishing Confess. Now need to review those and today’s. Although I am in the mood for a “good” story with a kick a$$ heroine now. I’m sure Fabi agrees. ;)

This Much Is True looks good, but think I’ll wait until book 3 is released before starting.

Tessa March 13, 2015 at 3:25 PM

*breathes a sigh of relief* The only one I want is the Kidd book. I’m pretty much in the clear until 3/31. Unless RK Lilley’s new book comes out before then.

Fabi March 13, 2015 at 3:30 PM

Cheryl do you like historical at all? Jean and I are jumping on the bandwagon with the recommendation from MichelleS. I desperately need a face-slapping, feisty heroine that is not afraid of defying both her family and her pirate rogue.

ohhh Tessa, you’re getting it too?

MichelleS…look what you started! lol

april March 13, 2015 at 3:32 PM

Dusty Innocents and Dusty Delinquents by Mary and Sarah Elizabeth are both free right now! Just finished them and loved them! I may need a support group though. These sucked you in and tortured your heart with all the feels!

Tessa March 13, 2015 at 3:35 PM

Yep, though after More Than Her, which I do like, though they have too many stupid moments, I need a little bit darker or para. I did figure out that I can’t read a series wirtgout stopping and reading something else. I’m still in the !middle of two books that are series, but I can’t finish because I want to be in a different world. So it’ll be a few weeks before More Than Him as well.

Jean March 13, 2015 at 3:39 PM

Thanks April, I have to check them out!

Looking forward to starting the “Kidd” book tonight! Who’s all in???

april March 13, 2015 at 3:52 PM

Jean they’re both great! And both are free.

Kathy P March 13, 2015 at 3:56 PM

Monsters in the Dark by Pepper Winters (3 book bundle with the first being “Guarding Tess) is on preorder sale for .99. I had the first two books in the series but not the last so I snapped this up!! Can’t wait to finally read this series!

Fabi March 13, 2015 at 3:58 PM

I need a part-time job to support my book addiction.
March has been and will be brutal for me:
Confess by Colleen Hoover
The Shadows by J.R. Ward
Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop
Instinct by Sherrilyn Kenyon
After Dark by M. Pierce
Manwhore by Katy Evans
The Skull Throne by Peter V. Brett
The Unleashing by Shelly Laurenston
Red by Alyxandra Harvey
…and who knows if I’ve forgotten some. I know I’ve left off most of the bargain buys. *sigh*

Kathy P March 13, 2015 at 3:58 PM

Sorry, correction to my earlier post, Tears of Tess is the fist book in the series.

bev March 13, 2015 at 4:07 PM

Fabi, did you read MOC?

Maryse March 13, 2015 at 4:16 PM

You GUYS!!!!

She makes her own lipsticks with coconut oil and CRAYONS!!! So cool!

Maryse March 13, 2015 at 4:18 PM

Er… do crayons still smell like crayons did when we were little?

Fabi March 13, 2015 at 4:18 PM

Bev it’s on my “am reading it” shelf. I love that series.

Maryse that is so cool!

MichelleS March 13, 2015 at 4:27 PM

LOL!!! You guys crack me up…. you are seriously going to read The Wicked Ways, aye? Okay, I am waring you!!! It was my go-to I need pure alpha meets saucy wench in 1800′s, so don’t expect Written in red, or anything!!!

It was 1.99 and well worth it for me. I am now looking for something similar, or may re-read Kresley Cole’s two novels about hot dudes that are boat captains in the 1800s. Did you ever read those? They were FABULOUS. Classic Kresley Cole (heroes and heroines).

I’m just not ready for something heavy yet.

You guys better not make fun of me!

Paula March 13, 2015 at 4:35 PM

Normal, Recap and Okay were great! I am resisting this list…no one clicks for me…….at the moment..not sure how long it will last! Just checked my Kindle archive 3156, and I think I may have read about 1200 of them if I am lucky, TBR list of nearly 2000, not sure I will get to read them all….but doesn’t stop me from adding to it!

Amy March 13, 2015 at 4:38 PM

CRAYONS?!? I’m game!! :D

Actually, there are scented crayons now. How fun would lipstick made from those be? ;)

Amy March 13, 2015 at 4:38 PM

Kathy P, I really liked that series! Tears of Tess was pretty good, but the second and third books were suspenseful in a different way from the first which kept the books from being repetitive. Just a heads up, there is quite a gasp-worthy moment in the second one…actually, there a few but one in particular that I wasn’t expecting! ;)

Maryse March 13, 2015 at 4:50 PM

YES!!!! Scented crayons. Just for fun, ya know? I wanna do this. Now I have to buy crayons. And coconut oil. And those plastic containers… annnnnnd everything else. LOL! But still… I think I could have some fun for sure.

Amy March 13, 2015 at 4:57 PM

Oooh!! And…and…you can make a whole line of scented crayon lipsticks and call the line Mambo Maryse!!! :D

Sarina Bowen March 13, 2015 at 5:23 PM

OMG! I was just perusing this awesome list when I found my own book under “preorders.” Thank you!!!

Now, back to shopping for books! :P

Fabi March 13, 2015 at 5:32 PM

“a whole line of scented crayon lipsticks and call the line Mambo Maryse”
that’s too cute

MichelleS, no one is making fun…instead, several of us are joining you in your reading choice :-)

Maryse March 13, 2015 at 5:49 PM

LOL Amy and Fabi! Maybe I will!! Mayyyybeeee I willllll…..

*rubs chin*

Maryse March 13, 2015 at 5:50 PM

My pleasure Sarina!! :D

Fabi March 13, 2015 at 6:00 PM

Whoa, Sarina, your book sounds amazing. I just added it to my wish list. I’m not sure I would have stopped long enough to read the blurb if you hadn’t spoken up on the thread. Thanks!

bev March 13, 2015 at 6:56 PM

Fabi, the first book in that Sarina Bowen series is .99 right now. I really enjoyed her The Year We Fell Down.

Yay! Reading time. Going to make a cup of tea or coffee. So, what do all of you have lined up for the weekend?

Fabi March 13, 2015 at 7:11 PM

Awesome, thanks Bev

MichelleS March 13, 2015 at 8:50 PM

Not sure what I have lined up for the weekend, Bev. I have a bunch of great ones on my Kindle, but not in the right mood for them.

I am in the mood for something like Radiance, by Grace Draven. Considered another one of hers, but all the reviews say that was her absolute best, so how can I?

Maybe I should just re-read something? Paula Quinn’s book reminded me how much I loved her others…. so that’s another possibility. Keep going in that series. They’re stand alones, so that’s a plus.

I definitely do NOT want a long series or a new series or anything like that. One book. One couple. One story!

Tessa March 13, 2015 at 8:53 PM

Nothing is working for me reading wise. I’m just going to go live in my head for a bit until I figure out what I want to read.

Cheryl March 13, 2015 at 9:34 PM

Fabi, I do like historicals. Love Outlander series. Don’t know why but Unwritten grabbed my attention and I started reading it. Maybe the historical one next. ;)

Cheryl March 13, 2015 at 9:38 PM

Homemade crayon lipsticks. Now that’s a weekend craft project. Love the idea of the Mambo Maryse line. Would you have to give Karina Halle a cut of the profits?! :)

Tomorrow’s my birthday, so I’m getting breakfast in bed, going to the gym then reading all day!!!!!!! *BIG smiley face*

Carian Cole March 13, 2015 at 9:48 PM

Hi Maryse! So excited to see my book, Vandal, on your list!! I’m a huge fan of your blog and one click pretty much everything you review! LOL. Thanks so much!!! xoxoxo

Fabi March 13, 2015 at 10:15 PM

Cheryl, a big ol’ Happy Happy Birthday for tomorrow.

bev March 13, 2015 at 11:09 PM

Cheryl, Happy Birthday! That sounds like a wonderful plan.

bev March 13, 2015 at 11:18 PM

MichelleS, hmmm. Can’t really think of any. I liked her Master of Crows but can not say how it compares to Radiance. I have Radiance lined up in scribd. I think after this weekend and my mysteries that one and Poison Princess will be my next reads.
I kinda want to rec the new Ilona Andrews, but it is the ffirst in a new series, was so good.
If you are still feeling like historical Kleypas Some One To Watch over me is bargain price. It is the first in her Bow Street Runner series. All stand alones though.
Gah, what is this urge to start spouting recs?
Oh, not sure if mentioned but Amour Amour is .99.

Fabi March 13, 2015 at 11:27 PM

MichelleS, are you sure I shouldn’t read the first book in the series before this one? The first 20+ pages seem to be referring to backstory that I don’t have. I’d rather backtrack now than later in the story.

Jean March 14, 2015 at 9:22 AM

Fabi, I think I need to read the first book too. I hate to read a series out of order!

Fabi March 14, 2015 at 9:36 AM

Jean I think we may have to read a whole other series before this one. It seems like this one keeps referring back to people that were in a previous series. I don’t think this plot depends on it, but I just feel like I’m missing so many of the references that may have more impact if I had the background.

MichelleS March 14, 2015 at 10:20 AM

Jean and Fabi: about reading previous books…. the first generation of people (her grandparents) is part of the MacGregors series. The next series, her parents, is part of the Children of the Mist series. This one is the next generation, The Highland Heirs. While they reference other people, I really really don’t think you need to read anything else to enjoy TWWoAK. Why? Because this one, in particular, takes place away from all those people on a boat! It’s been years since I read the first series, and I didn’t read all of the second, and jumped right to this, and didn’t miss anything. But I totally get it if it FEELS like you’re missing out on something.

For that exact same feel, but definitely no back stories attached… did you ever read Kresley Cole’s Sutherland Brothers? 2 books – both captains. Loved them.

I am still squirreling. Picked up Life of Anna for a while… the sex scene lasted too many pages, so I abandoned that. When I get like this, I think a re-read of a 5-star is better than starting different books.

So what did you two end up reading?

MichelleS March 14, 2015 at 10:21 AM

BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHERYL!!! Hope you have had your breakfast in bed and are well on your way into a good book. Enjoy your day.

bev March 14, 2015 at 10:27 AM

I finally finished The Deal yesterday. Fabi, I’ll race you for title of turtle, lol. I loved how Garrett responded to Logan’s crush.
Today picking up Still Louise Penny.

bev March 14, 2015 at 10:28 AM

That should be Still Life by Louise Penny.

Jean March 14, 2015 at 10:31 AM

Thanks for the explanation MichelleS. I will probably read it next without worrying about the order then because I love the premise!

I totally squirreled because of a persistent friend and am reading Stay With Me by J. Lynn. I loved the first 2 books in the series. They kinda have the feel of The Deal….. but hard to compare anything to that great book!

Jean March 14, 2015 at 10:31 AM

Happy birthday Cheryl!!! Enjoy your day!

Fabi March 14, 2015 at 11:29 AM

MichellS I’m still reading it. I haven’t squirreled away yet. It’s been hard to stick with any book after The Deal. I guess that happens a lot after a 5* read. I see several of us are wishy washy about our next reads. If I squirrel from this one it will be to read Evan’s novella, that way I can come back to this one quickly. But I really like it so far. I just hate not knowing all the family background.

Michelle March 14, 2015 at 11:32 AM

Happy Birthday Cheryl!

FYI #20 above, This Much is True, is FREE!

Cheryl March 14, 2015 at 12:10 PM

Thanks for the birthday wishes!! Breakfast-check, gym-check, now to decide on a book for the day!! Also, feeling the urge to go to Sephora. ;)

Amy March 14, 2015 at 12:11 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CHERYL!!!! :D Sending you a virtual birthday cake martini and lots of hugs!!!

Cheryl March 14, 2015 at 12:14 PM

Maryse, just noticed you numbered the books. That’s new right?!

Cheryl March 14, 2015 at 12:17 PM

Thanks Michelle, I one-clicked This Much is True. Want to read it, but think even though the author says they can be read as standalones, (confusing because I think the story follows the same H/h), I think I’ll wait till book 3 is released to start it!!

Cheryl March 14, 2015 at 12:19 PM

Yum, love birthday cake+martini. Thanks Amy! :)

Maryse March 14, 2015 at 12:22 PM

Happy birthday Cheryl!!!

Actually I just numbered ‘em to find out how many were in the bargains list. LOL!! ;)

Paula March 14, 2015 at 12:58 PM

Cheryl – there are only 2 books in the series and they are both out. Katherine Owens does put you through it in the first and second book!

MichelleS March 14, 2015 at 12:58 PM

“I just hate not knowing all the family background”

Fabi: in a nutshell…. every single guy is a man-whore-rogue-eventually-turns-to-putty-in-the-hands-of-a-feisty-highland-lass. No other background is needed. LOL!

I am on Pinterest looking at how to pack for Maui – so you know no book is calling to me! I agree that after something like The Deal, everything else is so “meh”.

I am considering Eleanor and Park though. Bev loved that one, I think. Or Big Little Lies. I figured that maybe popular fiction might do the trick.

bev March 14, 2015 at 1:07 PM

Cheryl, virtual so doesn’t negate the gym time.

bev March 14, 2015 at 1:09 PM

MichelleS, MAUI!!!! Lucky Lucky girl. E&P is great and a fairly quick read.

Fabi March 14, 2015 at 1:11 PM

Haas MichelleS too funny. Maui…hmmm I could be jealous. I’m sitting on a plane to TN. So blase. Lol

Amy March 14, 2015 at 1:15 PM

Okay, so I start a new book because the blurb had me all giddy and ready for a story with some secrets and forbidden stuff and maybe even some betrayal all wrapped up in the whole “lost love comes back and stirs up the heroine’s perfect life” plot. Sounds perfect for me, right? Now I’m at 10% and I am like seriously mad at this book because it is ruining for me what should be a great turmoil-filled story and all because it’s telling me all this stuff but not showing me any of it, and what it *is* showing me is only making me not like it! I can’t remember the last time I was actually mad at a book not because of the plot but because the writing is taking the potential of a story away from me. And get this…it has over 150 reviews that are mostly 4 and 5 stars! Arrrrgghhh!! Why can’t I like this book like they do?!?!?

I’m a freaking hot mess right now…minus the hot ’cause I recently chopped off my hair to my shoulders and I miss it and I want it back and…and…and I’m bloated…and…and…aw hell, it’s 5 o’clock where Laura is so I want a mojito martini…CHEERS!! :D

Amy March 14, 2015 at 1:20 PM

Oh yeah, and don’t trust cute little neighbor girls with light-up shoes and striped socks and big blue eyes and adorable braids who offer you Jelly Bellys in a little sandwich bag. Just don’t. They’re evil.

Paula March 14, 2015 at 1:21 PM

What book are you reading Amy?

Amy March 14, 2015 at 1:26 PM

I didn’t even say the title in all of my ranting…it’s What We Leave Behind by Rochelle Weinstein. I just checked again and 115 of the 159 reviews are 5 stars. The hell!! It’s gotta be just me…

Maryse March 14, 2015 at 1:26 PM

I wanna know too…

Paula March 14, 2015 at 1:47 PM

Looks like I already have that. So glad Amazon tells you when you have already got something! I know you are ranting about it but is intriguing me – maybe my next read…

Paula March 14, 2015 at 1:49 PM

Oh Amy – it is nearly 7pm here so I will have a drink for you :0)

Amy March 14, 2015 at 2:33 PM

Yes, at least try a sample of it and tell me if you get the same vibe or if it is just me being difficult. Pretty pretty please?? And Paula, sweetpea, you’re gonna be having a drink *with* me…it’s after 12:00 noon here so that’s my justification. ;)

Maryyyyyyse!!! Remember I did the same thing with Drowning Instinct, stopped reading it (I still don’t remember why though) but gave it another shot after you reviewed it and ba-BAM!! It did this to me and I loved it:
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/right-in-the-feels.gif M’kay, I’m calmed down now so I’m giving it one more try…

MichelleS March 14, 2015 at 2:56 PM

Amy – I hate when there is a good story hidden underneath junky writing! Makes me mad too. Like Rogue (I think that was the title? in the Real series by K. Evans?) anyhoo – mostly 5 star reviews and amazon and I was literally laughing out loud at how bad the writing was. I still don’t know if it was me or truly bad writing, but I couldn’t hang with it any longer and abandoned it. I don’t trust amazon reviews anymore. Everything is 5 stars now! That’s why I come here. I trust Maryse (and you guys too).

Maui is not until June, I’m just a little OCD and need to have all my ducks in a row.

Amy – hair is guaranteed to grow back, and Meg cut hers down to nothing in Vision in Silver, and Simon ran his hands over it every chance her got… so… i don’t know where I was going with that, but just go with it! :-)

MichelleS March 14, 2015 at 2:58 PM

Bev – noticed how I worked Vision in Silver into the conversation all subliminal like?

bev March 14, 2015 at 3:27 PM

Smooth, MichelleS, very smooth.
Amy needs a scritch behind the ear.

Amy I’m sure it looks lovely. Want to cut mine off soon, to above shoulder. It always grows back. Slowly, in my case, but surely. Idk I always feel a little lighter after a cut, as long as a good one. Only remember one, as an adult, I cried over. Don’t even want to think about childhood haircuts, lol, though at time didn’t care.

Jennifer March 14, 2015 at 3:45 PM

@ Kathy P thanks for the Pepper Winters pre-order info. I read the first 2 but hadn’t purchased the 3rd yet…anything to save money on my book obsession! Awesome!

Fabi March 14, 2015 at 3:49 PM

Awww Amy did you have a lot cut? I bet you’ll have fun with it once you start playing around with styling it.

I ended up reading my current sci-fi on the plane because there was a guy sitting next to me. *snort* I didn’t want to traumatize him with a historical romance.

What I think is cool about being on an airplane is I see a lot of men reading books instead of just business related stuff. Women I see reading all the time but men not so much. Good to see first hand there are many who do read books.

Jennifer March 14, 2015 at 4:06 PM

Love The Others series by the way…finished Murder of Crows on Thursday and am trying to put off Vision in Silver due to the price and since it will be literally a year before the next book comes out….I will probably buy the stupid book before the end of the day tho because when I find a good book with the characters on my mind…nothing else will do….grrrrh

Amy March 14, 2015 at 4:35 PM

A scritch?? LOL!!

Awwww, you ladies are the bestest. *sniffle* I actually had it cut a couple of weeks ago and really liked it, but now I want my length back (it was a couple of inches below my shoulder blades). *sigh* Oh well… Hey, I should try an InStyler and see how that works!

By the way, has anyone heard anything about the sequel to Easy Virtue by Mia Asher? The last page in that book…*oomph!* Trying not to spoil anything here, but I want *someone* to pull a Dave Chappelle and do an “I’m rich b!tch!” to her. BUT I can’t hate her, just what she is doing. As much as I should, I just don’t hate her. *shrug*

Amy March 14, 2015 at 4:39 PM

Jennifer, Murder of Crows went on sale not long ago so maybe Vision in Silver will too at some point. This is the best place for finding out when there are bargains! :D

Cheryl March 14, 2015 at 5:54 PM

Ok, back from Sephora. Got Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector. Giving me a “glow” since feeling depressed over age!!

Amy, you’re full of “energy: today. What drink did you end up having, I want one!! :)

Bev, thanks for the beautiful cake and no calories!! ;)

I still haven’t picked a book…

Cheryl March 14, 2015 at 5:57 PM

Paula, there are 2 books out in the Katherine Owens series; however on her website, she says there will be a 3rd book ( I think out next month) called Tell Me Something True. :)

Maryse March 14, 2015 at 6:26 PM

Cheryl!

I love shimmery skin perfectors! They reflect light beautifully!

bev March 14, 2015 at 6:35 PM

So, started watching The 100. Has anyone watched this? I’m halfway into the first season. It took me a few episodes to really get into it, almost stopped, but now really enjoying it. Some very strong women characters. Those who enjoy dystopian may enjoy it.

Cheryl March 14, 2015 at 6:49 PM

Bev, my daughter is obsessed with The 100; that’s all she’s talking about lately.

Yep, Maryse I’m loving the shimmer. It was just what I was looking for.

Paula March 14, 2015 at 7:28 PM

Thanks Cheryl. The second one ended nicely so interested in waft the third will be about!

Michelle March 14, 2015 at 7:34 PM

A few more for today :D Normal from the list above looks good to me. Anyone read it? It might be my book for tomorrow.

Electrified (Electric Tunnel Book 1) by Rachel Blaufeld is FREE
Blood Hunger by LE Wilson is FREE
Untamed 2 by Jinsey Reese is FREE
Rule: A Marked Men Novel by Jay Crownover is .99
Beyond Series Bundle (Books 1-3) by Kit Rocha is .99
Remember When 2 by T Torrest is .99
Outlaw’s Kiss: Grizzlies MC Romance by Nicole Snow is .99
Emma’s Home: The Fairfield Series by Maryann Jordan is .99
Everything Has Changed by Mia Kayla is .99
The Highlander’s Reward by Eliza Knight is .99

Paula March 14, 2015 at 7:36 PM

Michelle – I loved Normal, Recap and Okay – I waited until they were all out before reading- really good

Michelle March 14, 2015 at 8:17 PM

Thanks Paula! I didn’t realize it was a complete series as well so I’m sold and got the first one.

Amy March 14, 2015 at 8:21 PM

Cheryl, this is me without an energy drink…but things get really fun when I do drink one. :P I looked up the Becca Shimmering Perfector and it says it can be used all different ways on the face and even on the body…how fun!! I want some!!! Don’t feel down, it’s your birthday! :D If it makes you feel any better, I’m not exactly aging gracefully. My makeup prep time before I even touch my actual makeup has increased to an embarrassing level. Dark circles, fine lines, under-eye puffiness, thinning brows, uneven skin tones…hehe, I’m freaking scary without all my cosmetics.

bev March 14, 2015 at 8:27 PM

Cheryl, I can see why. I’m having fun with it. And I love that two of the mc, Clarke & Raven, kick ass. Definitely something to try if you like YA dystopian.

Michelle, that book does look good. Let us know what you think.

Cheryl March 14, 2015 at 10:35 PM

Amy, thanks I feel better and can definitely relate on the makeup prep time. Don’t believe you on the scary part though…sure you and Mr. Tats are a hot couple!! ;)

Kathy P March 14, 2015 at 11:07 PM

If you want to read historicals, Maya Banks’ Scottish Highland series, “The Montgomeries and the Armstrongs is one of the best that I have read! It is candy!

Tessa March 15, 2015 at 1:04 AM

Finally found something to read, Step-Lover. Not exciting thrill, but cute. The whole taboo thing is there, but even though it separated them, it almost seemed like them being cowards. Still, cute.

Tessa March 15, 2015 at 1:05 AM

and happy birthday Cheryl!!

Niki March 15, 2015 at 1:49 AM

I love the 100 Bev!! It just gets better as season 2 starts!! I accidentally bought Pocketful of Sand by M. Leighton that came out today… It sounds really good..38 5 star reviews from today but who knows what that means…but I have liked her other books so we will see.

I’m currently on book 2 of the Mercy Thompson series and really starting to get into it. I didn’t like book one as much as Kate Daniels series but book 2 is way better!!! Doing some marathon reading of this series since they almost all are available right now from the library!! Yay for good books!!

Happy Birthday Cheryl!!

Tessa March 15, 2015 at 12:48 PM

The 100 is pretty good, but I have a few episodes to catch up with. I adore Bellamy. I just don’t like the mountain men plot as much as the rest that’s going on.

I got a recommendation for My Stepbrother, The Dom. I thought, meh, why not? One word… Icky! Too many ickies. The biggest one? The guy didn’t want to be a Dom and felt like crap when he did! I’ve nothing against those that like that type, but definitely one of my nopes.

Amy March 15, 2015 at 1:57 PM

Aw Cheryl, you’re such a sweetheart. ;)

Niki, I’m starting Pocketful of Sand today! I have several of her NA books which I haven’t read yet, but I did read her PNR/UF Blood Like Poison series a while back and liked her writing (from what I remember). I’ve heard this one might have some delicious turmoil so YAY US!!

*snort* Bev has the ickies! :P

Amy March 15, 2015 at 1:58 PM

Oops! I mean TESSA has the ickies…sorry Bev!

bev March 15, 2015 at 3:27 PM

Lol, Amy, no ickies, just girl cooties.

Niki, I have accidentally bought books before, darn touch screens. I always feel a little bad when I return them.
Tessa, I like watching Bellamy’s story. Just at the end of first season and probably will not get to season 2 until it is released on dvd. Bellamy is one of those characters I started out not liking but now have really grown to as he has grown. Love those character arcs. It’s interesting how his and Clarke’s changes mirror each other but in almost opposite ways. Guess that’s what makes them good co leaders.

Tessa March 15, 2015 at 3:34 PM

Yes, ickies!

That’s what I think I like about Bellamy. He was a leader from the start, though mostly due to arrogance. However, even from the start, he did want them to succeed for his sister’s sake. Then, he’s learned to humble himself a bit to deal with what’s really important.

Finn… YUCK. Just yuck! He never takes responsibility for his actions, and worse, he does the whole poor me thing. Whine, whine, yuck!

bev March 15, 2015 at 4:11 PM

Tessa, I’m spoiled to Finn’s story line. Became interested in the show after coming across some recaps. He isn’t yuck to me but his character arc seems jarring as if the writers were not sure who they want him to be.
For me it is Octavia that I’ve had the biggest problem with, well besides Murphy. But I think with Octavia it is because she still seems the most teen like, always reacting instead of being proactive. I think with her it makes sense because she is really the only one there who still has a “parent”.

Tessa March 15, 2015 at 6:14 PM

Also, remember her childhood. She really never had any freedom of any kind. So for her, the world is a playground. She is a child since she missed out on so much of life. When she finally did, she ended up in prison. So… she makes sense to me. My issue is she’s not really growing up or learning. When things go bad, they do but she is still without the emotional oomph to grow from it.

Fabi March 16, 2015 at 10:31 AM